Photo

[EFLC|REL] PC Quality Texture Update

43 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:54 AM Edited by nkjellman, 29 January 2015 - 03:10 AM.

EFLC PC Quality Texture Update v0.1

Description:
The DLC map update files in EFLC contain lower quality console textures which are being loaded on top of the high quality PC textures. As a result, TBOGT has a mix of updated PC textures, and lower quality console textures. This mod replaces the textures in the map updates (not in interiors) so the quality will be consistent, like in GTA IV.

Purpose:
The purpose of this mod is to play TBoGT at the same quality as IV and TLAD. The other purpose is so this will be available to future modders. When Liberty City is ported to GTA V, it would be nice to have all the interiors included, and still have the textures be consistent with PC quality textures, and with out the lower quality console textures lingering around. I just ask that I'm given credit.

To Do List for v0.3:

Also, here is a broad check list of what needs to be done. NOTE: I don't plan on having everything resized. Just the things that really need resizing. There are some textures where you can't tell that they are in console quality. Mostly on small objects.
-Bring over WTD, and WDR textures from IV and TLAD files for East:                             Done
-Bring over WTD, and WDR textures from IV and TLAD files for Manhat:                         Done
-Bring over WTD, and WDR textures from IV and TLAD files for Jersey:                          Done
-Bring over WTD, and WDR textures from IV and TLAD files for Props:                           Done
-Bring over WTD, and WDR textures from IV and TLAD files for Interiors:                        Done
-Bring over WTD, textures from IV and TLAD files for Weapons:                                     Done
-Resize and sharpen TBOGT exclusive textures for East:
-Resize and sharpen TBOGT exclusive textures for Manhat:
-Resize and sharpen TBOGT exclusive textures for Jersey (might not be necessary):
-Resize and sharpen TBOGT exclusive textures for Interiors:                                          WIP
-Resize and Sharpen TBOGT exclusive textures for Weapons:
-Bring over WTD, and WDR spec map textures from IV to TLAD (may be done): 

Installation:
1. I recommend installing my other mod first which fixes many of the graphical bugs that IV patch 7 and EFLC have. Link: http://gtaforums.com...ical-bug-fixes/
2. Back up any files replaced by the mod.
3. Copy the TBoGT folder to the root of your EFLC directory.
4. Enjoy, and be sure to report any bugs you may find.

NOTE: Only TBOGT is supported as TLAD doesn't need this due to it having updated textures.

DOWNLOAD

Change log.
V0.2
-WDR textures updated
-Textures from TLAD map updates, and weapons brought over to TBOGT.
-Bati Custom missing paint jobs from TLAD brought over.
-Rotterdam Tower Lights are now IV lights, even up close (placeholder, and will be an optional add on in the future)

V0.1
-Initial release
-WTD textures updated from IV

Credit:

-nkjellman: Replacing textures in TBOGT w/ high quality versions from IV/TLAD. Adding missing paint jobs to the Bati Custom
-nyolc8: Sharpening textures exclusive to TBOGT with PS in 2x their original resolution.

Like, and be sure to leave a comment. :)

• Gramps, cp1dell, Blackbird88 and 12 others like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:13 PM

Jesus Christ, nkjellman. You're the f*cking best.

Your graphical fixes mod and this are fantastic additions to GTA IV/EFLC. Makes me think of other games like Fallout New Vegas where the modding community put together a whole package fixing things with the game. Except in this case, it's just one guy haha. Keep up the good work man.

• nkjellman, Mega and Sweet Bellic like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:12 AM Edited by nkjellman, 16 January 2015 - 11:58 PM.

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it, and I hope you enjoy it.

Later, I hope to make this mod work on TLAD and EFLC Map Updates for IV (which should be a good basis to use to bring Liberty City to V).

Edit: I am not going to make this mod support TLAD for one simple reason. TLAD doesn't need support. Rockstar updated the map update textures for TLAD, but not TBoGT! Fortunately, this means that I can enhance some more textures for the TLAD locations in the TBoGT map files. I should also make sure to check other textures too. Not positive, but there may be lower textures in TLAD over riding higher quality textures, but so far it looks like TLAD is in good shape.

Seriously Rockstar.

Texture_comparison.jpg

The left is in the TLAD files, and the right is in TBoGT files. It looks like I have more work to do.

Edit: It appears that some weapons in TBOGT also haven't gotten updated textures. The desert eagle even has a high quality one, and a low quality one. There are some textures that are exclusive to TBOGT that didn't get an upgrade, and I unfortunately won't be able to do those as I'm not the best at texturing so it would probably look worse. I also don't have Photoshop. Fortunately, it seems that more TBOGT exclusive textures got an upgrade than TBOGT textures that exist in GTA IV or TLAD. I have this feeling that a Rockstar developer accidentally overwrote many of the updated TBOGT textures during the development of EFLC for PC, and the lower quality ones made it into the game with out them realizing it.

I haven't looked through all of the TBOGT interior files, but it seems some of them are updated and others are not judging by the resolution of interior textures not in the TBOGT files. I know right now that Luis' appartment is not updated. I can tell when I play the game.

Also characters have gained in some areas, and lost in others. However, I'm going to leave them alone.

I also have plenty of embedded textures in wdr files to do.

I just hope GTA V on PC doesn't have a mess like this where they accidentally include textures from the last gen version for some things.

• frostbiT and Sweet Bellic like this

nyolc8
  • nyolc8

-

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

Using your texture pack, rotterdam tower gets the old GTA4 lights on it (red, white, blue) which is good thing. BUT as I go near to the tower, it's light turns into the tbogt pink light. Any way to fix the light from near distance?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

Using your texture pack, rotterdam tower gets the old GTA4 lights on it (red, white, blue) which is good thing. BUT as I go near to the tower, it's light turns into the tbogt pink light. Any way to fix the light from near distance?

That will be done in the next version. I have not fully done the wdr's yet.
  • Sweet Bellic likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

Nkjellman, it looks like you have a lot of work ahead. Now seriously, how could Rockstar downgrade textures in TBOGT.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

I have no idea why Rockstar would do something foolish. They simply didn't upgrade them. I'd also hate to point out that TLAD normal and spec maps are still console resolution.

There are a few things that I won't be able to update with out someone who has Photoshop.
-TBOGT interiors
-TBOGT weapons
-TBOGT billboards in Star Junction (Times Square)
-TBOGT Rotterdam Tower lights

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

They probably forgot they used highres textures in IV and ported EFLC from console versions again. It's R* logic.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

No it's just because they are bunch of sony & M$ d*ck suckers

nyolc8
  • nyolc8

-

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

I have no idea why Rockstar would do something foolish. They simply didn't upgrade them. I'd also hate to point out that TLAD normal and spec maps are still console resolution.

There are a few things that I won't be able to update with out someone who has Photoshop.
-TBOGT interiors
-TBOGT weapons

I have PS, but what is that needed for?

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

They probably forgot they used highres textures in IV and ported EFLC from console versions again. It's R* logic.

CONSOLE LIMITATIONS

oh wait...
  • Jestic, Blackbird88 and Sweet Bellic like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:39 PM Edited by nkjellman, 20 January 2015 - 06:40 PM.

-TBOGT interiors
-TBOGT weapons

It is needed to retexture the textures in 4x their resolution for textures that are only found in TBOGT. The rest, I'm pulling from IV and TLAD. I'd like to finish pulling textures from IV and TLAD so I'll have a complete list of textures.

Another thing I'd like to point out that I remember from doing EFLC Map Updates is the TLAD interiors in TBOGT are missing some props. However, I don't plan on restoring these as I'm afraid that it will mess up the script that handles changing objects, like what happens when you install a custom map. For example, there isn't a stripper pole in the Lost Club House in the cage in TBOGT.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best GTAGarage Staff 2017
    Most Talented [Graphics] 2016
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016
    Best Workshop 2016 [Honorable mention]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

retexture the textures in 4x their resolution

EQAR7.jpg

Why so large?

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

Are you using EFLC compilation or GfWL DLC builds? What's the practical difference between them anyway?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:34 PM Edited by nkjellman, 21 January 2015 - 08:27 PM.

Are you using EFLC compilation or GfWL DLC builds? What's the practical difference between them anyway?

EFLC. The TBOGT textures are console resolution. In IV and TLAD on PC, they are 2x the size and quality.

nyolc8
  • nyolc8

-

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

-TBOGT interiors
-TBOGT weapons

It is needed to retexture the textures in 4x their resolution for textures that are only found in TBOGT. The rest, I'm pulling from IV and TLAD. I'd like to finish pulling textures from IV and TLAD so I'll have a complete list of textures.

Another thing I'd like to point out that I remember from doing EFLC Map Updates is the TLAD interiors in TBOGT are missing some props. However, I don't plan on restoring these as I'm afraid that it will mess up the script that handles changing objects, like what happens when you install a custom map. For example, there isn't a stripper pole in the Lost Club House in the cage in TBOGT.

If you pm me the texture list that needs to be resized(and sharpened) with file names that contains these textures then i can make them.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

I'll give you a list when I am done. I don't want anyone doing extra work as I can get a complete list of the textures.

When I get to my PC, I'll PM you some file names that I know for sure that need redoing, particularly Luis' apartment. It screams console quality all over it. There also is the Rotterdam Tower lights and some Star Junction billboards.

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

I have a few questions, is this map update needed with the GFWL version of TBoGT? If yes, is it even possible to change it? as with a modification (let's say, colored radios replacement for example), the mission "Party's over" becomes impossible to complete because Tony keeps dying in the beginning of the shootout.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:46 PM

Do you really have GfWL DLC build? I'm wondering if it's possible to share it and insert it into a regular GTA IV installation.

nyolc8
  • nyolc8

-

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

I made a test sharpening retouch, and made a preview, will this be good?

2SrUspX.jpg

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

So far to me, it looks good. Nice work. :)

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

EFLC. The TBOGT textures are console resolution. In IV and TLAD on PC, they are 4x the size and quality.

4x, you sure?

Keep in mind:

From 256x256 to 512x512 is 2x the size, not 4x

Yes, 512x512 covers 4 times the amountof space as 256x256, but it's still  only doubled.

4x would be 2048x2048 if you come from 256x256.

• Kalvin likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:26 PM Edited by nkjellman, 22 January 2015 - 07:34 PM.

EFLC. The TBOGT textures are console resolution. In IV and TLAD on PC, they are 4x the size and quality.

4x, you sure?

Keep in mind:

From 256x256 to 512x512 is 2x the size, not 4x

Yes, 512x512 covers 4 times the amountof space as 256x256, but it's still  only doubled.

4x would be 2048x2048 if you come from 256x256.

When I said that, I mean that it is 4x the amount of pixels total. The resolution values for X and Y only double by 2. But I'll fix that.

Edit: How would you guys feel about an add on for this mod. The Bati Custom in TLAD has 4 paint jobs, where as in TBOGT it only has one paint job, which is the Red Wood Cigarettes paint job. TLAD has this paint job, plus Terroil, Terroil Stronzo, and a Sprunk paint job. I found out that the Bati Custom from IV/EFLC Bug Fixes still has glitched wheeles and stoppies. Rather than fix it, I'd rather use the TLAD bike which is the same thing, minus the bugs, and has three additional paint jobs you can choose from. I also tested, and the TLAD bike works online. No crashes. If people have the original TBOGT bike, they will see you with the Red Wood Cigarettes paint job.

Once I have this mod done, I plan to release a pack containing IV/EFLC Bug fixes, and this mod combined into one download. I hope to get the patch to be one of those mods that you just have to install that simply improves the game and fixes those game developer mistakes. It would be like what Optifine is to Minecraft, or like what the Silent Patch is to III, VC, and SA. I would like to try and get an installer version to make it an easy install for first time users who may not know much about modding, and a manual install version for those who already have mods installed. I will not be making this until I have finished this mod, and also fixed a lack of litter bug that was brought to my attention.

The installer will need to:
-Back up original files

-Install the patched files

-Offer an option to locate Games For Windows Live DLC and be able to patch and back up those files as well.

• cp1dell, Mr. Jago and Sweet Bellic like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:03 AM Edited by cp1dell, 23 January 2015 - 12:04 AM.

Sounds good man. Really glad to see IV/EFLC getting the same treatment III/VC/SA gets. What other fixes is this going to have, aside from the ones already fixed with your Graphical Fixes Patch, and this texture update?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

Sounds good man. Really glad to see IV/EFLC getting the same treatment III/VC/SA gets. What other fixes is this going to have, aside from the ones already fixed with your Graphical Fixes Patch, and this texture update?

One fix I'm thinking about doing is making the net look better at the golf driving range. It has a higher quality texture on IV PC, TLAD PC, and TBOGT PC (w/ patch), than it does on console and TBOGT PC (w/o patch) The higher quality PC texture looks kinda sh*tty ingame, especially from far away. The low quality one looks nicer in game, but it is lower quality. I may try and find a way to get the texture to look good while keeping the PC quality.

I'm really wishing for the following fixes, which are beyond my skill.

-Vegetation lighting works properly on IV patch 7 and EFLC with no more horizontal line

-Vehicles cast shadows in night lights.

-Fix darkening bug in the distance that IV patch 7 and EFLC has

-Properly fix z-fighting (A work around is to cycle cameras when your in a heli. Greatly reduces it, until you exit the heli.)

-Enable the game to have the option of using the old shader system, or the new shader system on patch 7 and EFLC.

Then there are other things, which one may consider to be in more of the ENB/Graphics Modding department.

-Increase draw distance of distant lights (not just coronas), shadows, reflections, etc...

-Allow reflections to reflect objects that are further away, and below the player.

I may also think about resurrecting the MP Tutorial option on the phone that the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions had, but probably not.

• Mr. Jago likes this

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

wosh u face

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

One fix I'm thinking about doing is making the net look better at the golf driving range. It has a higher quality texture on IV PC, TLAD PC, and TBOGT PC (w/ patch), than it does on console and TBOGT PC (w/o patch) The higher quality PC texture looks kinda sh*tty ingame, especially from far away. The low quality one looks nicer in game, but it is lower quality. I may try and find a way to get the texture to look good while keeping the PC quality.

sounds like it's lacking mipmaps

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

First post updated. V0.2 is released and it includes a lot more PC quality textures. Only the TBOGT exclusive ones are remaining.

• Blackbird88 and Mr. Jago like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

The links goes to 0.1 version for me :( .-.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:43 PM Edited by nkjellman, 27 January 2015 - 06:48 PM.

The links goes to 0.1 version for me :( .-.

I will fix that as soon as I get to my PC.

Edit: Fixed the URL. Enjoy v0.2.
  • Tomasak likes this

WTFcatcher
  • WTFcatcher

Driving Specialist

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

vehicles.ide file in common/data is the IV one, not TBoGT. I thought you should know. Nice work by the way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users