• Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 4 days ago

https://www.theguard...heseltine#img-1

Jesus Christ, what is it that makes the right so intent on always banging on about the war? It was sad and pathetic when Thatcher did it in the 80s, and it's even more so now. It just cries of desperation to cling to the past.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Tämän Maailman Ruhtinaan Hovi

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 4 days ago

In other amusing news, Douglas Carswell, the only MP that UKIP have, has quit the party to represent his constituency as an independent.
  • Typhus likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Finite, 4 days ago.

LOL. This party gets more and more ridiculous.

All of Douglas Carswell's opinions on Any Questions etc are always ultra right wing, but he does explain his horrible backward beliefs in an informed and reasoned manner. This will be a great loss to the more 'credible' face of mainstream nationalism.

Will the Tories pander less to UKIP policies now that the party is in ruins? Now that Paul "I was playing in midfield during Hillsborough" Nuttall is going to lose UKIP all their voters will the Tories move back towards the centre ground?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-39393213

"amicably"
haha, sure

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

what did he mean by this

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Argonaut, 4 days ago.

I seem to remember Farage stating that once he stepped down he wouldn't interfere with party affairs.. but then kicked this whole "Carswell should leave" thing off.

Sure, now that he's his own man he can express his opinion, but does anyone remember the progress (or lack of) the Conservative party made whilst Thatcher was still firing off her own thoughts? 

This only adds to the representation of UKIP post-Farage being an inescapable clash of personalities and something that other populist movements would do good to learn from.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 4 days ago

Wait, is Lord Heseltine suggesting that for Germany to be become the predominant power, they need to win a war first? Is he suggesting that power only flows from a barrel of a gun, and is horrified when it doesn't?

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

what did he mean by this

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Argonaut, 4 days ago.

I think Lord Heseltine would have to be elected into some position of power, maybe leader of the Conservative party, to have his (evidently excellent) views notified. Wait..

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Crokey, 4 days ago.

What Hesteltine is saying in a round about way, is that if or when the whole Brexit deal is done and dusted, that would leave Germany as the most dominant power in the EU.  And whilst Europe is in the most peaceful time in its history, they'll have become this powerful nation during peace time, as opposed to doing it through war.

He's not exactly put it the best way, and I can see where he's coming from... but, it's just kinda dragging up the past again.  But I suppose that's flavour of the month, going back to the past and all that.  You know back when Britain was cobbled streets, the summers were long, kids waved at steam trains with hankies, other countries hated us and our imperialistic ways, struggling to maintain an Empire, and hating foreigners cause they didn't speak English... ahh those days were simply.... well crap.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

https://www.independ...s-a7649041.html

Mr. Bean appears to be employing the same thought processes that made him a stunning success in the department for education. This should be good.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

He's right, they could! You could also scrap child labour protection laws, and get those kids back in the fields. Or take a page out of Lukashenka's book, and just re-introduce serfdom.

Ah yes, it was only the EU holding the UK back on stuff like environmental protection and safety regulations. Without the EU, the UK can turn into a proper free-for-all. It's not like the UK had any sense of morality, ethics and values themselves.

Switch
  • Switch

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Iraq

Posted A day ago Edited by Switch, A day ago.

http://nordic.busine...017-3?r=UK&IR=T

Oh okay then Farage. What a spineless "man".

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Grandpa.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, A day ago.

http://nordic.busine...017-3?r=UK&IR=T

Oh okay then Farage. What a spineless "man".

I enjoyed Douglas Carswell resigning the party whip with the claim, 'UKIP has done it's job,' taking the UKIP seat total, to zero!

Other than that, I gave up hope months ago.

Our only hope now is that the EU makes Eeyore and her delegates sweat at the the table and just make her drag things on, and on, and on....  2 years is going to come and go and I bet they only just figure out the car parking allocations for meetings in that time, let alone the rest of the important stuff.

Does anyone else feel like Eeyore, being unelected, is screwing up everything just so she can get 'Brexit' as her legacy before 2020?  It is almost as if she knows she won't be still be the PM after the election. 

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 hours ago Edited by Svip, 16 hours ago.

Oh, PM May will definitely go down in history. Like Chamberlain! Hell, probably more than Chamberlain. I bet he's happy about all this (for the sake of his legacy).

Hmm... I actually wonder whether it will be Cameron or May whom will live on in infamy. Probably May, but only because she'll be associated with the whole thing. In a sense, May has so far primarily been a caretaker, and have not really made big policy decisions of her own. For instance, abandoning Brexit would have been a big decision (a controversial one, no less), but simply ploughing on through, that's just doing what someone else has told her to do.

All in all, this is Cameron's fault. He is just not man enough to stand up and face the music, so he handed the job over to May.

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Grandpa.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 hours ago

'Nuff said about today....

17553692_10158517323285038_2791823537014

• Tchuck and Crokey like this

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 2 hours ago

Cameron didn't help as he didn't need to call a referendum, but the blame would be squarely on those who voted to leave.  I know that makes me sound like a bitter "remoaner", but it's hard not to when you're watching a good thing go to waste.

Dear EU, keep the seat warm, we'll be back.

Or for the Deep Space Nine fans...

sacraficeofangels1152.jpg

• Tchuck and Uncle Sikee Atric like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users