Photo

Double GTA$ & Double RP Featured Playlists Event Weekend

94 replies to this topic
Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

gregg rulz ok

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:13 PM Edited by EpicPonyMuffins, 02 January 2015 - 01:18 PM.

Directly from the Newswire.

Featured Playlists are a new feature recently added to GTA Online allowing players on all consoles to launch directly into a Rockstar Created Featured Playlist of GTA Online action with just one button press. We'll be regularly rotating this Playlist to give you a varied lineup of fun Jobs to get your teeth into. Just look for the Featured Playlist button on the GTAV launch screens, or if you're on PS4 you can also launch directly from the PS4 home menu using the Live Tiles feature.

And as an extra bonus this weekend (Friday, Jan 2nd through Monday, Jan 5th), we'll be running Featured Playlists with Double GTA$ and Double RP rewards to help you move up in the world. Each Playlist will contain a Race, Deathmatch, Capture and a Last Team Standing Job to give you a four-course menu of GTA Online game modes. Additionally, we've carefully curated these Playlists so that the Races are for Sports or Muscle car classes to help you take advantage of the four new vehicles released with the GTA Online Festive Surprise: Slam Van, Hot Rod Christmas Ratloader, and the Massacro and Jester Race liveries. Players on Xbox One and PS4 will have access to four up-to-30 player Jobs in each Playlist. Read on for info about the Jobs in the special Double GTA$ & Double RP Featured Playlists.

actual_1420201826.png

Teaming up to halt an invading truck in Frigit Factory LTS.

Double GTA$ Featured Playlist for Xbox One and PS4 - Jan 2nd - 5th

First Base

Troops have been mobilized to deal with an outbreak of charitable giving in downtown Los Santos, leaving Fort Zancudo with just a skeleton crew, and you with the opportunity for some opportunistic slaughter on a grand scale. It may be the biggest airbase in the state, but it can still feel claustrophobic with 30 industrious maniacs crawling all over it in search of each other's blood.

On the GOH

The first time you almost plunge off a cliff, you'll forget about the stunning views and start to concentrate on the road. Dozens of hysterical city-dwellers compete for a small patch of asphalt in this long lap race for sports cars on the Great Ocean Highway and Banham Canyon.

Fridgit Factory LTS  
Like every other great American industry, it's only a matter of time before organized crime is outsourced to China, too. Celebrate home-grown violence while you still can with this two team LTS around the old factory sector of La Mesa. Whichever team controls the choke points and rooftops has the advantage.

GTA: Grass is Greener
Like many Americans, you bought an RV only to discover that you hate being close to nature and your family. Luckily, it doubles as a mobile weed silo, and there's a bunch of hillbillies who need your services. One team gets to transport four tons of bespoke plant life from Braddock Farm to a local scrapyard, while the other team tries to intercept it and make it their own. First team with three vans back at base gets to start a traditional Blaine County bonfire.

Double GTA$ Featured Playlist for Xbox 360 and PS3 - Jan 2nd - 5th

Vespucci Shoreline
Isn't it time some minds got blown at Vespucci by something other than medical marijuana? A large, open Deathmatch in and around the facilities of Vespucci Beach with little cover

Hit The Apex - created by ZigMeister666
A Verified Race from several months back, Hit The Apex provides the perfect opportunity to check out the new Massacro (Livery) and Jester (Livery) and to see how those new paint jobs look when you're drifting around downtown Los Santos.

Paleto Bay - Tank LTS
Some places get all the luck. Two teams face off with tanks and explosives and don't mind if they turn the whole town to rubble. Who'll be left standing in what's left of Paleto Bay?
Contend: Townhall Trinity
Three packages, two teams, one town hall. Albeit the fanciest town hall in Los Santos. If you control Rockford Hills, you control the money, and you control the city, so get the packages back to your base.

• Ton 1 NL likes this

Tiny Rick
  • Tiny Rick

Regenerated from AhmadMJamal

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

I just got it. Grind ho!

Oobe
  • Oobe

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • Israel

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

Can we only join this playlist thru the loading screen of the game? or can we just load up online and go to playlists and join from there?

Tiny Rick
  • Tiny Rick

Regenerated from AhmadMJamal

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

Can we only join this playlist thru the loading screen of the game? or can we just load up online and go to playlists and join from there?

From the start screen, its more reliable that you'll get a lobby with other people.

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

I think this is in preparation for heists!  

----------------------
  • ----------------------

Man With No Name

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

No thanks, but at least least some people might get something out this. If you want to make me happy Rockstar, remove the snow so I can get back to mission grinding. K, thanks, bye now.

Dowls
  • Dowls

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:28 PM Edited by Dowls, 02 January 2015 - 01:36 PM.

this is good news for me! Get my grind on before i go battle the hackers on the 27th January.

Although a lot may not have seen it yet. They're dead on 360.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

No thanks, but at least least some people might get something out this. If you want to make me happy Rockstar, remove the snow so I can get back to mission grinding. K, thanks, bye now.

Snow's long gone, it's same old same old now (people really complaining about snow that happens for about 96 non consecutive hours of an entire calander year?).

I tried to get on a playlist this morning (before the announcement - featured playlist has been an option since the start of the crate drops) and got the same old thing that I always get - a long ass loading screen and put in a lobby by myself.

Dest45
  • Dest45

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

I wish they would do this for contact missions. f*ck deathmatches in this game.
  • mmm chocolate, cswood, ---------------------- and 3 others like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:32 PM

I just came off a 370k multi hour snow grinding session with a random guy, was epic fun.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:35 PM

They seem to love picking all the crappiest jobs for these playlists. 

• Shaundi., Liquid715, PandaLambpaws and 4 others like this

----------------------
  • ----------------------

Man With No Name

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

Snow was fun for me in freeroam; couldn't stand it in missions. Just my opinion.

TheNooseMan
  • TheNooseMan

High Ranking Mercenary

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

I was about to post this, thanks OP, yeah too bad it is not for the missions.

• Mojave Courier likes this

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:28 PM

Considering that it takes forever to either join, or get enough ppl to start these Playlists, you can prolly make just has much $$$, and RP doing missions back to back solo.

TheNooseMan
  • TheNooseMan

High Ranking Mercenary

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:42 PM Edited by TheNooseMan, 02 January 2015 - 04:43 PM.

Just came back from the first play list, was really fun , especially the TDM in zancudo and the big race on the west coast, lol everybody were honking there cars at the start (was a total mess lmao), we were like 23-24 i think, great moment of epicness.And i made 100 000 $  yahooo.

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

This is nice good job rockstar Hit The Apex was created by one of our members in the Apexstalkers!! I'll have fun mopping the floor with people on that track!
  • Mach1bud likes this

Dowls
  • Dowls

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

For people on Old gen you can bookmark this 

http://socialclub.ro...SJUCE4uxeLQ6sgQ

For people on current gen you can bookmark this

http://socialclub.ro...ZcUOsYIRSQ3RI_g

It should work.

• Gridl0k likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

Get your skill level up.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:02 PM Edited by Mikeol1987, 02 January 2015 - 05:02 PM.

Anyone else miss when they did 2x weekends overall? the first one was. I'm damn sure of it.

Sick of these 2x being restricted to playlists, that already 50% of the population of GTAO players, or more infact, don't connect to playlists.

• mmm chocolate likes this

Dan Akroyde
  • Dan Akroyde

Blues Brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

Need a couple people to try the 30 person playlist. I'm online now, GT - Dan Akroyde

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

Get your skill level up.

Wasn't you the idiot accusing me of modding the other day? Get your IQ up fool! 

• Bongsquirrel and Biggie Kaniff like this

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

never works, usually has catchup on as default on races in playlists and allows the host to make it a gta race.

no thanks I like racing and (now) contact missions...

ElliottSmithXO
  • ElliottSmithXO

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

Get your skill level up.

Get your head out of bum.
  • Bongsquirrel, LambentBunny and Spectacus like this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:51 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 02 January 2015 - 05:52 PM.

Directly from the Newswire.

actual_1420201826.png

Tarding up with a bike in front of an 18 wheeler in last griefer standing.

Double GTA$ Featured Playlist for Xbox One and PS4 - Jan 2nd - 5th

First Base

Grief fest

On the GOH

boring jump DOH

Fridgit Factory LTS  
Last griefer standing

GTA: Grass is Greener
Griefer vs Griefer

Double GTA$ Featured Playlist for Xbox 360 and PS3 - Jan 2nd - 5th

Vespucci Shoreline
Grief-fest

Hit The Apex - created by ZigMeister666
A Verified Race from several months back nobody really likes.

Paleto Bay - Tank LTS
Last griefer standing

Looks like a crap playlist to me. Not even gonna bother playing it. I'll just keep my $100.000.000 where it is right now and move on.

MarkGTAV
  • MarkGTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

Having trouble finding the playlist. How do I access it?

TheNooseMan
  • TheNooseMan

High Ranking Mercenary

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

Depends, on ps4 just press home button and you should see the news on the dashboard of the ps4, i cannot find it directly in game.

US Marshal1911
  • US Marshal1911

FIB Liberty City Task Force

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

Would be nice if people actually joined the play list. What is with all the people killing people in freeroam where you make no money not wanting to join a deathmatch where you make money? I've been sitting in a playlist lobby for 10 minutes now on Xbox 1 and no one is staying.

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

Sometimes I play with my willy and a white stuff come out

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

Is this another one of those playlists that don't allow you to change settings? So, for example, I won't be able to turn off catch up and slipstream on the race?

TCA
  • TCA

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:45 PM

No double rp and cash for just missions like back in June and before? I have a feeling that the double money thing for playlists isn't going to be very much at all. Will.consider checking it out though

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

.... BLAINE COUNTY .... xbox one

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

Can't even connect to one when I try

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users