Photo

GTA Confessions.

1,459 replies to this topic
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My bike is harmed, you will be harmed

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by B Dawg, 2 weeks ago.

On subject of confessions: I think R* should have avoided major improvements to the game engine after SA. SA was perfect in every way and all follow-up games should have used the same physics, scale and diversity of features as SA; no more, no less. Basically, I would happily pay £50 every few years for San Andreas with a new map and storyline.

SA wasn't perfect in every single way lol. It was a big improvement over past games, but some things ended up being worse too (weapon sounds, car crash physics, etc...) No game is ever perfect, and every game has room for improvement. IV majorly improved the core gameplay, which is the most important part of the game. Every developer should strive to do this. I'd take quality over quantity any day. We could have both quality and quantity, but you need to find a good balance for that. Too bad V failed on both quality and quantity.

• Algonquin Assassin and anthony like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 2 weeks ago.

I wouldn't give R* a single cent if they just recycled San Andreas with a new map and story for every new game lol. That's worse than the Call Of Duty business model.

Its physics, shooting mechanics etc are crap. If I'm going to be spending money on a new game I want it to you know actually evolve beyond surface fluff.

• Typhus, TheOneLibertonian and RetroMystic like this

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Penguin Bob, 2 weeks ago.

*sighs* Here are some of my confessions.

-San Andreas huge map didn't impress me when i first played it.

-Vice City can get boring for me sometimes.

-I played most of my GTA'S on mobile.

-I never 100% a GTA because 100% stuff was too boring and frustrating.

-Toni is one of my fav protagonists.

- GTA IV story was a little bit boring.

- GTA 3 is an AWESOME game.

- Victor Vance was a badass.

- Tommy V is my fav protagonist.

-San Andreas aiming system is garbage.

-I kinda like GTA V.

-Advance is an OK game.

• Jack Lupino likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago

- I'll be frankly honest here, GTA Online could have been one of the best Online experiences out there. It had the fundamentals and tools to be the most engrossing and progressive crime MMO out there, but it strayed upon the grounded motifs of the series and turned it into something that cannot be described as "Grand Theft Auto" no more. Wasted potential for sure.

- I absolutely adore GTA III's atmosphere. It's not my favorite GTA game, and is quite dated, but the dark and sordid atmosphere helps the world feel more dangerous and real IMO.

- While I personally don't highly rate TBOGT, the missions were the most fun within the Liberty City Trilogy. Caught With Your Pants Down, For The Man Who Has Everythng, and Dropping In are just great fun.

- The Journey is my favorite radio station among all the games in the GTA series.

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg and Misunderstood like this

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 2 weeks ago

On subject of confessions: I think R* should have avoided major improvements to the game engine after SA. SA was perfect in every way and all follow-up games should have used the same physics, scale and diversity of features as SA; no more, no less. Basically, I would happily pay £50 every few years for San Andreas with a new map and storyline.

SA wasn't perfect in every single way lol. It was a big improvement over past games, but some things ended up being worse too (weapon sounds, car crash physics, etc...) No game is ever perfect, and every game has room for improvement. IV majorly improved the core gameplay, which is the most important part of the game. Every developer should strive to do this. I'd take quality over quantity any day. We could have both quality and quantity, but you need to find a good balance for that. Too bad V failed on both quality and quantity.

To everyone their own. To me SA was the apotheosis of quality and quantity. And tbh I could never understood people who complain about weapons sounds (they all sound the same to me), but then again, GTA 4's engine sounds drove me mad, so i guess we all focus on different things.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 2 weeks ago.

I'm not fond of Vice City. I think it's one of the worst games in the series with its cheesy writing and stereotypical tough guy protagonist, and the only thing that makes it remotely tolerable and enjoyable is the '80s theme.

Ohhh123r
  • Ohhh123r

He's is Angry GTA Nerd...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Ohhh123r, A week ago.

First time playing GTA V on PS3 back in 2013, I just completed several mission until I'm stuck on Getaway Vehicle mission before Blitz Play, so I decided to free roam the entire Los Santos until one year later and I figure out how to unlock Blitz Play mission and completed all mission. First time before the Final Mission, I decide to choose Deathwish to spare Michael and Trevor life because I don't want to play the mission involved protagonist killing protagonist (but I killed Trevor on PS4 once on replayed mission mode not Story Mode).

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

I never understood the appeal for CJ as a character. To me, his personality is as generic and thin as a piece of cardboard. His character development through out the story is all over the place, and his relationships with the supporting characters didn't really feel all that convincing to me. He's well liked because you can customize him whenever you like and because he is "badass" and "human" in comparison to the other protagonists in the series. Tommy is more badass, and Niko is more human than CJ can ever dream of.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Snitch

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago Edited by Jack Lupino, A week ago.

GTA V is underrated

Toni Cipriani is more interesting Protag than Vic

San Andreas gun sounds sucked

GTA 4
is overrated

Toni Cipriani is more interesting Protag than Vic

GTA itself is very formulaic game especially the 3D Era.
a) Stand in pink marker to start a mission
b) Take orders from a boss and complete the mission
c) Return to a pink marker to finish the mission

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V: Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago Edited by CGFforLife, A week ago.

To be honest I'm starting to think that IV problem isn't because it was too serious, but how it fail to be a serious game

I mean, how am I supposed to take it seriously about Niko came to LC to start a new life when you ran over a thousand civilian and fire RPG everywhere

This is my opinion though...

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

I'm not really fond of The Special abilities features in GTA V but it triggered me to classify the rest of the protagonists as Gunmen, Drivers, or Pilots, lol.

My conclusion are:

Gunmen: Tommy Vercetti, Toni Cipriani, Victor Vance, Niko Bellic, and Mike (GTA Advance) (and Michael De Santa of course).

Drivers: Claude, Carl Johnson, Huang Lee, and Johnny Klebitz despite he's more of a Biker (and Franklin Clinton of course).

Pilots: Just Luis Lopez so far apart from Trevor Phillips of course.

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I always set population density to as low as possible and never understand why people set it to maximum.

1) Low traffic density brings easier driving without unnecessary crashings. I hate peds changing lanes suddenly & recklessly (dumb AI)

-In missions where traffic is not scripted, you can chase your target easier.

2) Less pedestrians.

- Pedestrians can call cops over you, so less number of pedestrians, lower chance of getting caught while committing a crime.

-If you are fire gun in a gang controlled area, you are most likely to cop with low number of gang members, so more easier to evade them.

Fu11Force
  • Fu11Force

Corrupt

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

- I personally don't care about the in game radio stations and always listen to my custom MP3 in any game

- The games kind of lose their value for me when I finish the story. Granted, I like to know about hidden armour, health, weapons, wanted stars when I play but I think I mainly play for the story and don't care much about the free roam. I do like to do every single mission though (including optional ones)

- I've yet to play the Episodes From Liberty Cities. No excuses, really.. even though I would replay some classics instead

- I like having a perfect stats page, so if I fail or die, I would reload my last save

- Back when i was 10, I would cheat in GTA: SA but it ended up ruining my enjoyment of the game

- Said in another post, but I hate the post mission rating system. 

Mocozmo
  • Mocozmo

Stupid Ketchup!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Don't like GTA V's story, it just sucks.

What is up with the crap story? I loved the opening but Franklin soon fades into obscurity and never has any story to himself again other than the Assassination missions. How he is tied up in all that feels so fake and unrealistic to his character, makes no sense what so ever.

Then you have Michael, I love his family story but then they vanish quickly and you're just left with all the heist crap. I hate that stuff because it is so unrealistic, it would never happen in real life, every mission seems to be waves after waves of enemies you have to kill....... sucks.

Trevor's story really makes sense at the start and I really love his story but then all the FIB crap enters in and ruins everything.

• Algonquin Assassin and Tycek like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 days ago

Don't like GTA V's story, it just sucks.

What is up with the crap story? I loved the opening but Franklin soon fades into obscurity and never has any story to himself again other than the Assassination missions. How he is tied up in all that feels so fake and unrealistic to his character, makes no sense what so ever.

Then you have Michael, I love his family story but then they vanish quickly and you're just left with all the heist crap. I hate that stuff because it is so unrealistic, it would never happen in real life, every mission seems to be waves after waves of enemies you have to kill....... sucks.

Trevor's story really makes sense at the start and I really love his story but then all the FIB crap enters in and ruins everything.

I think this a common sentiment shared amongst most gamers. It starts off with some promise and it fizzles out about halfway through. It’s simlar to how I feel about San Andreas.

The masterpiece that is GTA IV is the only story to me that goes from strength to strength from start to finish.

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 days ago Edited by RetroMystic, 2 days ago.

- I think killing Trevor is the most realistic choice and it should be canon.

- I also think that deathwish should have ended in Franklin dying regardless of whether or not you could play as Lamar afterwards.

• Tycek likes this

Jesucristo
  • Jesucristo

"Pocos pero locos"

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A day ago

I let the whores hit me in 'GTA: San Andreas'. That excited me.

• Big_Smiley likes this

Big_Smiley
  • Big_Smiley

One Love Forever

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Lmao thanks for the laugh :lol: Sometimes those hookers are packing though. Either knifes or a pistol. Lolz SA was a grate gta.
  • Jesucristo likes this

Jesucristo
  • Jesucristo

"Pocos pero locos"

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A day ago

Lmao thanks for the laugh :lol: Sometimes those hookers are packing though. Either knifes or a pistol. Lolz SA was a grate gta.

Yeah! When some whore got a knife or gun I had to kill her. She messed me up and ruin my "moment". :barf:

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 hours ago Edited by gtafaninwest, 14 hours ago.

I gave up trying to achieve 100% in every game, as it's boring and time consuming.

I absolutely hate the star completion in the missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users