Quantcast

» «
Photo

My Ideas: Wanted Levels & Associated Vehicles

25 replies to this topic
Naean
  • Naean

There is sometimes potential to succeed where others have not.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:57 AM Edited by Nez Man, 24 December 2014 - 06:22 PM.

So, it's kind of a big shame that Rockstar Games haven't implemented wanted levels quite like in the 3D era titles, where higher wanted levels had distinct differences. Back in the day, going from SWAT to FBI to Army were clearly defined by the wanted levels of 4, 5 and 6, respectively. The weapons the officers used from one level to another were notably different, and so were the vehicles they used.

Grand Theft Auto V mixes the classic formula up a bit, by only having a maximum of 5 stars instead of 6, which could initially present some limitations. However after having a deeper look at things, it could in fact make different wanted levels feel very varied based on where the player is currently wanted! After all, the Fort Zancudo base is in Blaine County, meanwhile the FIB headquarters is in Los Santos. Thus, I thought, why not have the fifth wanted level executed vastly differently based on jurisdiction?

Here's what I came up with below. Credits go to http://gta.wikia.com for the screenshots and information. Credits also go to Rockstar Games for crafting great vehicles that, in my opinion, they don't put to nearly enough usage!

cexdxkk6ypqka6s6g.jpg

(Full Size Version)

rca8jd1v3h6i06f6g.jpg

(Full Size Version)

Apologies for the somewhat slap-dash quality of the sizing and alignment of stuff in these images, but I wanted to get these posted online fairly quickly.  :-3

I should also point out that I completely omitted the Police Bike, as I personally do not see it as a viable vehicle to continuously utilise during a wanted level. I do, however, think that they should be patrolling around like the regular Police Cruisers, and if you do cause trouble near any Police Bike officers, they should get involved in arresting/chasing/killing you, however no new Police Bike units should be dispatched while having a wanted level.

Also, if this is posted in the wrong section or something, staff can feel free to move it.  ^^

Hmm, what are your guys' and gals' perspectives on this?

• tranceking26, Officer620, Crimson Flam3s and 4 others like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

Apart from the use of military vehicles I think it is a great concept.

• Naean and Niobium like this

Naean
  • Naean

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:05 PM Edited by Nez Man, 24 December 2014 - 03:11 PM.

Apart from the use of military vehicles I think it is a great concept.

Fair enough, in reality you simply can't please everyone with everything, and that's perfectly alright. Thanks for the feedback, pleased to see you thought it was great overall!  ;)

• MrAssClap likes this

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Danny Longlegs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:23 PM

I love this idea. It would make each wanted level more of a progressive challenge than a steadily increasing Left 4 Dead style stream of officers. I think a police supercar should be added to compensate for streetracers in their Cheetahs and Turismo RRs. Need for Speed style? Anyway, great ideas, dude!
  • r3h4n786, Naean, Niobium and 1 other like this

Naean
  • Naean

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:27 PM Edited by Nez Man, 24 December 2014 - 05:48 PM.

I love this idea. It would make each wanted level more of a progressive challenge than a steadily increasing Left 4 Dead style stream of officers. I think a police supercar should be added to compensate for streetracers in their Cheetahs and Turismo RRs. Need for Speed style? Anyway, great ideas, dude!

Awesome, thanks a lot!  :colgate:

I cannot stress enough how important I think it is to have a notable difference between levels at wanted level 3 and onwards. Classic Grand Theft Auto titles got this on point, and with some adjustments, Rockstar Games can do it again.  :-3

Also yes, when it comes to wanted level progression, a sure but steady increase in challenge is key, and previous Grand Theft Auto titles did rather well in that regard.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:09 AM

Yeah, I really wish something like this was implemented
  • Naean likes this

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

Good ideas, I wish it was like this indeed.

Also at higher wanted lvls they should send less units but make em smarter and stronger instead of the "we swarm you with non stop helicopters and police." Eventually people become desensitized of cops and battles get less exciting.

Overall the game could do the cop aspect better, it's dissapointing considering it's been how many years since the first game? And the police is still too primitive.
  • Naean likes this

Naean
  • Naean

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:08 PM

It's just so sad to see some of these vehicles gather dust and be mostly unused, when there are plenty of appropriate opportunities to utilise them.

Rockstar Games, c'mon, make it happen!  ^o^

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:26 PM

V wanted level needs a complete overhaul. It is really broken and lacking. Hoping and betting the single player DLC will unlock the 6th star and bring military response to a police chase.
  • Naean likes this

Naean
  • Naean

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:43 PM Edited by Nez Man, 25 December 2014 - 09:52 PM.

V wanted level needs a complete overhaul. It is really broken and lacking. Hoping and betting the single player DLC will unlock the 6th star and bring military response to a police chase.

We haven't had military response since IV and onwards; this needs to change, I agree.

I would be satisfied even if the military was only dispatched in a certain large area (Like Blaine County.), but yeah, the traditional route of military response regardless of location and also at 6 stars, is more than welcome to return.

What frustrates the heck out of me is how Rockstar Games takes the time to create loads of law enforcement/emergency vehicles but only end up using a handful of them frequently. Why waste development efforts like this? Rarity of certain vehicles is a cool novelty an' all, but for wanted levels, not so much. It results in a lack of variety, like what we have with IV's and to a notable degree V's wanted level system.

• DrBest likes this

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

The most dissapointing thing to me is that this game has all it needs to make police chases and the wanted level much better but it's not utilized.

Dogs, tazers, nightsticks etc and a freaking jail.

Getting arrested in this game is worthless, you lose all the weapons and pay a fee as opposed to dying. Nobody ever does it

How about us being able to utilize the giving up animation from online to get arrested?

It would only work up to 4 stars and optional of course. Then you could go to jail and have some mini games and some missions.

Escape would be possible and hard but you also swap to other characters and help em break out.
  • Naean and Rockstar Cake like this

DrBest
  • DrBest

work in progress

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:37 PM Edited by DrBest, 26 December 2014 - 12:43 PM.

i just want a 6ths star back with military vehicles and maybe 1-2 tanks at the same time ( not tanks everywhere like in SA ) , also with 6 stars jets would follow you if you use a flying vehicle.

To trigger the 6th star u have to survive 5 stars for about 7-8 minutes for example ...

also buzzard helis at 5 stars and above , not only these police choppers everywhere

I think that would be cool because if you cover yourself in a long hallway with only one entrance, even 5 stars are too easy to survive for some minutes.

• Naean likes this

tranceking26
  • tranceking26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

Great ideas OP! I would love it to be like that. 

• Naean likes this

Pastry
  • Pastry

you know i had to ring-a-ding do it to em

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

Send this to R* mouthoff right now!
  • Naean likes this

r3h4n786
  • r3h4n786

M4dd Dogg

• Members

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

A neat idea :), i'd also like a supercar version of a police like vice city had, would be awesome
  • Naean likes this

Naean
  • Naean

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:00 PM Edited by Nez Man, 27 December 2014 - 08:00 PM.

Send this to R* mouthoff right now!

And... done!  :cool:

• Pastry likes this

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

You know things are in bad shape when a forum user can come up with a wanted level system 100 times better than the one in V already!  :lol:

Very good ideas Nez Man. The only thing I would suggest is make all LSPD vehicles (Stanier, Interceptor, Buffalo and Unmarked) have an even spawn rate across all wanted levels. I'm a firm believer of fully utilising the many police vehicles Rockstar created for V and pushing them out in full force no matter how many stars the player has. 

I also tend to agree with what Phill said regarding military vehicles - that is a bit of a touchy area.

Great effort though.

Cheers!

• Naean likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:04 AM

You know things are in bad shape when a forum user can come up with a wanted level system 100 times better than the one in V already!  :lol:

Very good ideas Nez Man. The only thing I would suggest is make all LSPD vehicles (Stanier, Interceptor, Buffalo and Unmarked) have an even spawn rate across all wanted levels. I'm a firm believer of fully utilising the many police vehicles Rockstar created for V and pushing them out in full force no matter how many stars the player has. 

I also tend to agree with what Phill said regarding military vehicles - that is a bit of a touchy area.

Great effort though.

Cheers!

Yep the National Guard can only be used if the states Governor authorises their use. Furthermore, the lack of SAHP vehicles was a huge missed opportunity. Additionally, they could have been called in at the fifth star state wide.

Aidan D
  • Aidan D

Snitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:06 AM

For the Los Santos 5 stars, you should change the FIB Frogger to a Buzzard.  Just the normal Buzzard, though, not the Buzzard Attack Chopper.

• Naean likes this

Yorpie
  • Yorpie

I fought the law and the law lost.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:13 PM Edited by Yorpie, 29 December 2014 - 01:28 PM.

Good ideas. Here is how I would like to have it.

Los Santos:

1 Star

Police Cruiser (Always Spawns)

2 Stars

Police Transporter (Only spawns if player is on foot and unarmed/Carries a police dog)

Roadblocks made up out of Police Stanier

3 Stars

Police Buffalo (Only spawns if the player is in a fast car/motorcycle)

Police Interceptor (Only spawns if the player is on foot/carries cops with bullet proof vest armed with heavier pistols and shotguns)

Police Transporter (Only spawns if player is on foot and unarmed/Carries a police dog)

Police Maverick (Always Spawns, won't open fire yet unless fired upon)

Police Predator (Always spawns if player is in water)

Roadblocks made up out of Police Stanier with spike strips

4 Stars

Police Cruiser (Always Spawns)

Police Buffalo (Only spawns if the player is in a fast car/motorcycle)

Police Interceptor (Only spawns if the player is on foot/carries cops with bullet proof vest armed with heavier pistols and shotguns)

Police Riot (Only spawns if the player is on foot/Used to drop of NOOSE Units

Unmarked Cruiser (Only spawns if the player is in a car and out of sight of the police/doesn't appear on minimap and drives around normally, trying to surprise players)

Police Maverick (Always Spawns, gunners always fire)

Unarmed Buzzard (Only spawns if the player is on foot/ used to drop of NOOSE units)

Police Predator (Always spawns if player is in water)

Roadblocks made up out of Police Stanier with spike strips or Police Interceptors

5 Stars

Police Buffalo (Only spawns if the player is in a fast car/motorcycle)

Police Interceptor (Only spawns if the player is on foot/carries cops with bullet proof vest armed with heavier pistols and shotguns)

Unmarked Cruiser (Only spawns if the player is in a car and out of sight of the police/doesn't appear on minimap and drives around normally, trying to surprise players)

NOOSE Annihilator (Always Spawns, uses it miniguns to stop you, can drop of NOOSE units if needed)

Roadblocks made up out of Police Riots or Police Interceptors

6 Stars

FIB Buffalo (Always spawns, more chance during pursuits though/carries FIB agents)

FIB Granger (Always spawns, more chance when player is on foot/carries tactical FIB units)

FIB Frogger (Only spawns if the player is on foot, used to drop of FIB tactical units)

NOOSE Annihilator (Always Spawns, uses it miniguns to stop you, can drop of NOOSE units if needed)

Armed Buzzard (Used by the FIB to provide heavy air support, also has tac FIB gunners)

Dingy (Always spawns if the player is in the water/used by the tactical FIB team to give support on water)

Roadblocks made up out of Police Riots or FIB Grangers

Countryside:

1 Star

Sherrif Cruiser (Always Spawns)

2 Stars

Sherrif Cruiser (Always Spawns)

Park Ranger SUV (Only spawns if player is on foot and unarmed/Carries a police dog)

Roadblocks made up out of Sherrif Cruisers

3 Stars

Sherrif Cruiser (Always Spawns)

Police Bike (Only spawns if the player is in a fast car/motorcycle)

Sherrif Granger (Only spawns if the player is on foot/carries cops with bullet proof vest armed with heavier pistols and shotguns)

Park Ranger (Only spawns if player is on foot and unarmed/Carries a police dog)

Police Maverick (Always Spawns, won't open fire yet unless fired upon)

Police Predator (Always spawns if player is in water)

Roadblocks made up out of Sherrif Cruisers with spike strips

4 Stars

Sherrif Cruiser (Always Spawns)

Police Bike (Only spawns if the player is in a fast car/bike)

Sherrif Granger (Only spawns if the player is on foot/carries cops with bullet proof vest armed with heavier pistols and shotguns)

Unarmed Buzzard (Only spawns if the player is on foot/ used to drop of NOOSE units)

Roadblocks made up out of Sherrif Cruisers with spike strips or Sherrif Grangers

5 Stars

Police Bike (Only spawns if the player is in a fast car)

Sherrif SUV (Only spawns if the player is on foot/carries cops with bullet proof vest armed with heavier pistols and shotguns)

Roadblocks made up out of Police Riots or Sherrif Grangers

6 Stars

FIB Buffalo (Always spawns, more chance during pursuits though/carries FIB agents)

FIB Granger (Always spawns, more chance when player is on foot/carries tactical FIB units)

FIB Frogger (Only spawns if the player is on foot, used to drop of FIB tactical units)

Armed Buzzard (Used by the FIB to provide heavy air support, also has tac FIB gunners)

Dingy (Always spawns if the player is in the water/used by the tactical FIB team to give support on water)

Roadblocks made up out of Police Riots or FIB Grangers

We have a 7 star wanted level mod for GTA III, VC and SA, so I decided to include a 6th star wanted level here as well.

• Naean and DrBest like this

Naean
  • Naean

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:32 PM Edited by Nez Man, 29 December 2014 - 03:36 PM.

For the Los Santos 5 stars, you should change the FIB Frogger to a Buzzard.  Just the normal Buzzard, though, not the Buzzard Attack Chopper.

Hmm, I did consider the use of the unarmed Buzzard, but decided against it in favour of the FIB Frogger in order to increase the vehicle diversity between the two jurisdictions, and also to just have more variety in general.

One of the main complaints I see about GTA V are those pertaining to lack of vehicle variety; this is something that I took into consideration when compiling these wanted levels.  :)

doutee8
  • doutee8

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

:facedesk: It should be like this. ehh Rockstar.

• Naean likes this

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:16 PM Edited by Crimson Flam3s, 29 December 2014 - 10:43 PM.

I would love it if at higher wanted levels, the police npcs got more health and dealt more damage, while still keeping the same amount of officers sent out.

Idk but I just don't find it exciting fighting so many cops at once since you can't concentrate in one group thanks to helicopters and cops all round you but against a smaller but stronger and more tactical squad things would seem more exciting.
  • Naean likes this

Naean
  • Naean

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:35 PM Edited by Nez Man, 18 March 2015 - 07:40 PM.

So, in addition to sending this to Rockstar Games' Mouthoff a while back, I finally got my ass around to submitting it more 'formally' via the "Submit a request" feature on Rockstar Support. Here's the response I got:

nv76bkwvqfdbv3t7g.jpg

Obviously I would want this for all platforms and P.C., the PlayStation 4 tag is there purely because that is the platform that I play on.

Also, after I received their response, they altered the title to specifically "GTA Online", whereas I originally submitted it as "GTA V & GTA Online".  ^o^

Naean
  • Naean

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Naean, 2 weeks ago.

Firstly, I just want to apologise in advance if bumping this topic from 2014/2015 is frowned upon. I didn't want to create a new topic which basically duplicates this one, and also this isn't a released modification that is currently available for download. Furthermore, I thought that it would only be fitting for me to continue my law enforcement alteration ideas from where they started and left off from.

I never forgot about this topic. I know that I haven't posted in it for like 2 years, but I didn't want to add more posts just for the sake of it. I eagerly wanted to get cracking with modifying the wanted level system and editing textures, but it took me a while to save up money for a fresh, more gaming-suited computer. Late-ish last year, I had saved up enough cash to buy myself a new, much more powerful computer, and also finally got Grand Theft Auto V for P.C.!

I've been working on my own Grand Theft Auto V wanted level and emergency vehicle texture overhaul during the past 9 months or so. I'm nearly at a point where I'm satisfied to release it, but I just want to make a few more texture tweaks and wanted level refinements before putting the modification out there. I have made quite a substantial change from the vehicle setups posted initially, not only because I have changed my mind on some vehicle placements (Both area wise and wanted star levels wise.), but also due to the new vehicles that have been added to Grand Theft Auto V over time via updates.

Anyways, here are a few screenshots that I have taken of some of my altered vehicle textures and wanted level system.

BCSO Rebel

tumblr_ox0cnnyFJ81skdogpo2_1280.png

LSPD Stinger

tumblr_ox0cnnyFJ81skdogpo3_1280.png

NOOSE Granger

tumblr_ox0cnnyFJ81skdogpo1_1280.png

I'll post more information and updates within a couple of weeks, with higher quality, more consistent screenshots.

Note: this modification will not be nearly as big of an alteration to law enforcement as, for example, the Realism Dispatch Enhanced modification. Still, I do want to get my ideas into a finished modification nonetheless, and you can probably expect this modification to be uploaded by the end of October.  :)

Naean
  • Naean

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Naean, 2 weeks ago.

Here are a few more screenshots of my wanted level and emergency vehicle texture overhaul: LSPD, BCSO, NOOSE (and more) have unique air vehicles.

LSPD Swift

tumblr_oxj681NLbu1skdogpo1_1280.png

BCSO Annihilator

tumblr_oxj681NLbu1skdogpo2_1280.png

NOOSE Maverick

tumblr_oxj681NLbu1skdogpo3_1280.png

Next up, I'll be posting my updated and revised wanted level vehicle information data sheets, which are similar to the ones in the first post of this topic. I just need to screenshot all wanted level vehicles, edit them into the new data sheets, and then I'll upload them.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users