Why GTA SanAndreas is the best game ever made

177 replies to this topic
Turkey.
  • Turkey.

"Ezekiel 25:17..."

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

Bigger desert than V. Bigger forest. More myths. Feels more mysterious(aliens&sh*t). Actual Area 51 easter egg. Three cities. Sandstorms. Map FELT bigger. Creepy places(abandoned town). More missions. More references to past GTAs. JETPACK. 

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:44 AM

JETPACK. 

You mean the slow ass mini helicopter that doesn't even have a f*cking radio?

• Vice City criminal, eCola, The Deadite and 2 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:06 AM

Noone hates GTA San Andreas, because it's one of blockbusters in games in 2000's. Now in 2015, GTA V is blockbuster.

You're in for a rude awakening when you see the rest of the forum... SA has this reputation with the forum "elite" that it's not a true GTA, because the story sucked or something.

San Andreas was the masterpiece of the 3D-gen GTAs.

That's my opinion too, which is considered "wrong" here. I'm seriously convinced IV/VC fanboys simply hate fun and want to be pretentious.

I consider myself a GTA IV and VC fanboy (funny that :p), but over time I've slowly warmed up to SA. Before I was a member of this forum I never really liked it much, but now it's reached 10 years old and going to back to it ignoring its technical deficiencies compared to the newer games I realise it's still a fun game to play.

I don't even dislike CJ as much as I used to. :)

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

Noone hates GTA San Andreas, because it's one of blockbusters in games in 2000's. Now in 2015, GTA V is blockbuster.

You're in for a rude awakening when you see the rest of the forum... SA has this reputation with the forum "elite" that it's not a true GTA, because the story sucked or something.

San Andreas was the masterpiece of the 3D-gen GTAs.

That's my opinion too, which is considered "wrong" here. I'm seriously convinced IV/VC fanboys simply hate fun and want to be pretentious.

I consider myself a GTA IV and VC fanboy (funny that :p), but over time I've slowly warmed up to SA. Before I was a member of this forum I never really liked it much, but now it's reached 10 years old and going to back to it ignoring its technical deficiencies compared to the newer games I realise it's still a fun game to play.

I don't even dislike CJ as much as I used to. :)

You're a perfectly rational person, though. It's funny that despite being the GTA IV fanboy here you can actually respect others' opinions and you show true appreciation for what you love.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:11 AM

GTA SA at least for me has more re playability than V does. At least at the moment.

• Algonquin Assassin and Light Syde Riandy like this

Light Syde Riandy
  • Light Syde Riandy

LSR

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:28 AM Edited by Rendy Specter, 15 February 2015 - 01:28 AM.

the funny cutscenes,ost,unique characters,great storyline,unique cars,wide environment,you can make your own collection of savegames if you play on pc,you can make your own missions with dyom mod,more anime skins available to download,how can people not thinking this is arguably 1 of the best game and the very best open world and action game ever?

Masked Lady Of Doom
  • Masked Lady Of Doom

Room For Imagination

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:23 AM

GTA: San Andreas, was my first and foremost favorite GTA ever to release, other than it's younger counter-part GTA V... 

Anyone up for wearing the Gimp suit..?

• iFarbod likes this

Exploding Pants
  • Exploding Pants

Meme Queen

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:06 AM

Remeber Wheel Arch Angels and the tuner cars? Those were the best things ever. Flying through San Fierro's massive road ramps and drifting through corners... Priceless. GTA V just didn't have THAT feeling to me. I don't even know how to describe it. It's a feeling of joy that comes with flipping a car over, running like hell before you get caught in the blast radius, and simply stealing another one to wash, rinse, and repeat. Ah, San Andreas. Hard to believe you're ten years old already. It's been real, it's been fun, it's been real fun. Thanks for being there for me to spend countless hours on when I should have been studying or something important.

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

Abandoned account. Mostly

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:10 AM Edited by Vice City criminal, 15 February 2015 - 07:11 AM.

JETPACK. 

that's the best description of the jetpack I've ever read.

• Stoney0503 and Videogames888 like this

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:46 PM Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc, 15 February 2015 - 01:49 PM.

Sadly, the thing about Jetpack is true. It was mostly a just novelty, and a maybe useful tool to acquire horseshoes.

Everything else? Seasparrow FTW.

• lil weasel and Videogames888 like this

iFarbod
  • iFarbod

Breaking and fixing things!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

Best GTA Ever i played. Bought it about 4 times:

PC

iOS

Android

Xbox360

• GR Choke likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

Because it comes from an era of a truly great sandbox games to play in. The gameplay has a different focus and strengths that all together result into an enjoyable experience and there may be no other game in future that could give the player so much freedom to keep him thoroughly interested as this biggest map of the 3D Era made it so much fun.
The future games will continue to break all sales records and get all the endless praises for setting a very high bar in terms of immersion and graphics but when it comes to amount of raw fun and freedom GTA SA will top the list every time for me.
Graphics alone do not make a fun game!
  • B Dawg and Light Syde Riandy like this

Kostadinoff
  • Kostadinoff

MAINA TOWN

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:43 AM

The best GTA ever! I'll teach my kids how to play it. lol

Turkey.
  • Turkey.

"Ezekiel 25:17..."

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:19 PM Edited by TurkeyShenanigans, 20 February 2015 - 12:08 AM.

JETPACK. 

Yes, because a jetpack is supposed to have a f*cking RADIO.. -_-

How the hell would they put a radio on a jetpack? How logical would that be?

• Captain Delitian likes this

/\rdooZ
  • /\rdooZ

Proud Member of the Order of The Phoenix

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

Gta IV and V didn't really bring something new,something big.
While the 3d era games did.

• Light Syde Riandy, Stoney0503, Captain Delitian and 1 other like this

negged
  • negged

band

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:43 AM

it might be my nostalgia but i agree

RYe Mann
  • RYe Mann

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:24 AM

Will there or is there already a way to update mods for the PS2 version?

Even if there isn't, it really doesn't get old.  I could replay this game every year for the rest of my life.

CJ FOOL

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:01 AM

Put it this way, I'm an old guy and I still will always love San Andreas. It's in my heart forever.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

Once again 

" THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME "

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:26 AM

Sadly, the thing about Jetpack is true. It was mostly a just novelty, and a maybe useful tool to acquire horseshoes.
Everything else? Seasparrow FTW.

Jetpack was also handy for doing the spray tags quickly instead of driving around

xolov
  • xolov

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:03 PM Edited by elias7001, 28 February 2015 - 11:04 PM.

I think the only reason I think SA is the best game ever is that I played hundreds of hours of it when I was a kid
  • lil weasel and Light Syde Riandy like this

SgtAlpha
  • SgtAlpha

GTAnext

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:20 PM

Grand theft Auto San Andreas is The Best Game ever made!

No discussion! ^^

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:22 AM

its not the best.....

its

THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

Grand theft Auto San Andreas is The Best Game ever made!
No discussion! ^^

its not the best.....
 its
 THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

Mindless Fanboy SPAM posts in this Fanboy Topic may be dropped in the trash, unless you expand them with real reasons.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Stoney0503 and Videogames888 like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

Because it comes from an era of a truly great sandbox games to play in. The gameplay has a different focus and strengths that all together result into an enjoyable experience and there may be no other game in future that could give the player so much freedom to keep him thoroughly interested as this biggest map of the 3D Era made it so much fun.
The future games will continue to break all sales records and get all the endless praises for setting a very high bar in terms of immersion and graphics but when it comes to amount of raw fun and freedom GTA SA will top the list every time for me.
Graphics alone do not make a fun game!

It's not just about the graphics. I mean, you're right, don't get me wrong. But GTA IV and V share a commonality which is the opposite of that which III, VC, and SA all share:

The fact that the games focus on both realism and online.

Rockstar, when making the PS2 games, focused solely on single player and FUN. Realism was not even a consideration, at least not restrictive realism. The problem with GTA IV, and to a lesser extent V, is not that they are bad games. Clearly they are excellent accomplishments, particularly GTA V. But I think where I get hung up, and I suspect others do as well, is on the unspoken, unsaid, and even perhaps unconscious philosophy of the games. GTA V has to focus, to a great extent, on the online component. Realism is the best way to do that because too much sandbox freedom can be seen to break the online experience in many ways. For my tastes, and I suspect the tastes of MANY San Andreas fans, GTA V is a little too realistic to be as much fun. Just look at how much fun there is to be had in any of the PS2 era GTA games by going on self-styled rampages through the city, slaughtering people and cops, and blowing up everything in sight. You could last potentially for HOURS and just waste tons of time in ridiculous, insane, mayhem-fun!

Try that in GTA IV or V and you will be dead within a minute.

GTA now seems to focus an incredible amount of its in-game resources to limiting the gamer in order to make everything real, balanced, and most of all, to keep online gamers happy...online gamers who are used to shooters like Halo, BF, CoD, etc.. Which makes some sense. Online characters that gamers assume, avatars for lack of a better word, have to be much WEAKER and easier to kill than CJ, Fido, or Tommy V, at least to maintain the model of online play and realism that the really successful online games that came before GTA IV and V set.

There is nothing wrong with what Rockstar is doing, and GTA V is a fine game which I still play. But for all the beauty and variety in the game, the restrictiveness inherent in the world is a bit of a downer for me.

• Osho likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

Just look at how much fun there is to be had in any of the PS2 era GTA games by going on self-styled rampages through the city, slaughtering people and cops, and blowing up everything in sight. You could last potentially for HOURS and just waste tons of time in ridiculous, insane, mayhem-fun!

Try that in GTA IV and you will be dead within a minute.

Actually you can last a long time in GTA IV, it's not hard.

• Stoney0503 likes this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:11 PM

JETPACK. 

Yes, because a jetpack is supposed to have a f*cking RADIO.. -_-

How the hell would they put a radio on a jetpack? How logical would that be?

The jetpack alone is already illogical, so I don't see why there isn't a radio. 

Listening to the Jetpack gets a little annoying and I would like Bounce FM playing while I'm flying over SA thanks.

• The Deadite and Videogames888 like this

Abel.
  • Abel.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

^

Haters gonna hate. If you don't like the game then just stop playing it.

Agreed. 

I've loved SA for 10 years and will probably continue to do so.

Excellent avatar and sig by the way. I've been playing RE4 for eight years and it never gets old, either. 

• LeonTheKiller likes this

LeonTheKiller
  • LeonTheKiller

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:11 PM

^

Haters gonna hate. If you don't like the game then just stop playing it.

Agreed. 

I've loved SA for 10 years and will probably continue to do so.

Excellent avatar and sig by the way. I've been playing RE4 for eight years and it never gets old, either. 

GTA:SA and RE4, two amazing games with insane replay value. I have been playing those two games ever since they came out. Two gaming masterpieces.

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:46 AM Edited by Son of Zeus, 21 May 2015 - 08:50 AM.

Because it was hugely ambitious for 2004.

Because it showed what unlimited freedom and fun in an open world game means.

Because it has amazing characters and a memorable journey of a story.

Because even after 10 long years, it continues to be an awesome masterpiece, beating modern games like GTA IV and V by a mile.
  • Gigs84 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users