SA Released
109 replies to this topic
Fleenz
  • Fleenz

Hater Player

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:00 PM

worked well for me so far. widescreen patch as well. running windows 10. the only con is that i couldn't convert my gamesave because windows deemed the converter "incompatible". not really a big deal, however

mirh
  • mirh

Prankster

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:23 PM

One day somebody will recompile that sh*t for 32 bits..

Anyway, GTA Save N Play should be able to do that too.

Neon-69
  • Neon-69

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:32 PM Edited by Neon-69, 26 September 2016 - 11:32 PM.

I'm crashing but i don't want to do these following

Removing any modifications.

I have MTA: SA, i don't want to play with myself

Remove any saved games from previous versions of the game (if this fixes it, read the topic again more carefully)

I have no idea how to do it, and probably ruins end of the line save

Delete the game from Steam, re-download it and then reapply the downgrader.

Crap internet

Still crashing? Check your computer setup for sh*tty programs and/or configuration. People have a tendency to blame the game/developers before checking their own crappy setup that's likely causing the issue.

Idk what you're talking about but can you help me what kind of programs/configs that is causing my Game to crash?

I've installed Silentpatch

Now steam is downloading GTA: SA again

mirh
  • mirh

Prankster

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

It's not like you couldn't like post crash details.

Event viewer, windbg, anything.

Cooperdown
  • Cooperdown

Player Hater

• Members
  • Nicaragua

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:47 PM Edited by Cooperdown, 21 November 2016 - 09:06 PM.

I have an installer and I do not know how it is still used, I do not know what gta sa is installed and for what version it is installed, ie if it is for the original gta, gta already modified with the mod los underground or that version of los underground works with the installer, because it tells me that I have problems with the files inside the path that I want to install.

The installer I downloaded is called: GTASA_12-9-14_Steam_to_V1_DG, I downloaded it here in the forum which is the only way I can run it without closing the gta load menu with the mod underground, but I still do not know how Works, why it's what I should install?

Do you need gta sa rip or full to do the installation and prevent it from continuing with the problem of incompatible files inside the installation path? Or can it be installed with any gta SA either rip or full?

Last question the lowercase letters that appear to me in the error message are where I have the compatibility problem with my gta sa?:
C: / USERS / IVAN / DESKTOP / ONLY MY ARCHIVES / SA GTA SOLS UNDERGROUND / NEW
INSTALLER / UNDER / audio / streams / CUTSCENE: version unknown.

I downloaded the full audio from the streams folder, which are the radios no longer error appears in the path with those files, but error appeared with other files:

C: / USERS / IVAN / DESKTOP / ONLY MY FILES / SA GTA SOLS UNDERGROUND / NEW
INSTALLER / under / data/ script/ main.scm: unknown version

AnEternalEnigma
  • AnEternalEnigma

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:41 AM

Is this downgrader ever going to be updated so it can install on HDDs bigger than 2TB?

gjjellyfish
  • gjjellyfish

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:14 AM

Do you plan on making a similar downgrader for III and Vice City to their original versions as well?

Anime_Boom
  • Anime_Boom

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

This worked like a charm thanks! ;)

muh linucs
  • muh linucs

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:32 PM

Can you remove URL shorteners from links? bit.ly shows a warning for downloads.

Mega is down.

muh linucs
  • muh linucs

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:39 PM Edited by Binding of Isaac, 20 January 2017 - 02:27 PM.

​After executing the tool I now have two gta_sa.exe files. The exact same filesize and creation date. Is another a leftover from an earlier installation?

No, not two files with the same name. gta_sa.exe and gta-sa.exe. Which one is the correct executable?

EDIT: Description updated:

they are both the exact same.  The Steam release of San Andreas changed the EXE name - so Steam looks for gta-sa.exe when it attempts to launch San Andreas. Mods on the other hand look for gta_sa.exe as this was the original retail EXE name.

Lennie.
  • Lennie.

Modding GTA until it crashes

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

I love it, but the MEGA link is down. Others work perfectly. Thank you 

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by gamerzworld, A week ago.

3926520944.png

I've been working on a complete overhaul of the downgrader over the past few weeks. It includes the ability to install a few different essential mods, smaller total file size (1GB+ -> less than 550MB), as well as some other useful tools. It supports NewSteam R2, NewSteam R2 German and Retail V2 (second edition). I've performed extensive testing, but there are likely some bugs I'm missing. If anyone wants to try it out, you can get the latest version below. I'll do a formal release in the next few days when I've had some confirmed successes.

Download Now

• Ash_735, Blackbird88, Tomasak and 2 others like this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted A week ago

LykDdHb.jpg

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted A week ago

If the user installs both Widescreen Fix AND my Remastered GUI, Wessers old fronten1.txd takes priority, seeing as the one I did also takes Widescreen Fix into consideration, then either my fronten1.txd should be copied into Widescreen Fix OR just not include wesser widesecreen in Mod Loader since that's the ONLY file that's being used there.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

LykDdHb.jpg

Shoot - do you have SA installed from Steam by chance? It likely is trying to find the Steam registry key and failing. I'll take a look when I'm home.

@Ash - take a look at the modloader ini. I have it set to give your package priority over Wesser's.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted A week ago Edited by Silent, A week ago.

Shoot - do you have SA installed from Steam by chance? It likely is trying to find the Steam registry key and failing. I'll take a look when I'm home.

Yeah. Since now you have multiple Steam folders you probably should locate Steam directory (HKCU\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\SteamPath), then look for appmanifest_12120.acf in its SteamApps and if it's not found, parse libraryfolders.vdf and repeat the same for all those.

Unless of course there is a faster way but Steam is very file-driven + I'm sure they idenfity installed games basing solely on these manifests.
  • mirh likes this

mirh
  • mirh

Prankster

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago

Cool. Still using patchmaker?

We had a thousand and one ideas on pcgw, but there's never somebody with the time to complement my wanderings.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by gamerzworld, A week ago.

Yeah. Since now you have multiple Steam folders you probably should locate Steam directory (HKCU\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\SteamPath), then look for appmanifest_12120.acf in its SteamApps and if it's not found, parse libraryfolders.vdf and repeat the same for all those.

Unless of course there is a faster way but Steam is very file-driven + I'm sure they idenfity installed games basing solely on these manifests.

Steam creates uninstall entries in the registry for games so that users can uninstall from the control panel. It first checks to see if there's a Steam uninstall registry entry, then a retail registry entry, then checks the default program files paths for Steam and retail to see if they exist. If none of those work, then its supposed to just tell the user to find it. I initialized the path variable as Nothing which caused an exception when it calls the string replace function to remove the tailing '\' if it couldn't find a path. I just pushed an update (1.2.2.1) that fixes the exception. The downgrader should ask to update on launch.

Thanks for the pointer about using the manifest - I'll look into implementing the manifest as another check.

@mirh - It's a custom application I built that "wraps" xdelta3. If I ever get some time and if there's demand I'll clean up the code and release it. I did want to look into possibly using Google Courgette - but didn't want to have go through the process of building Chromium for something that may not result in much difference.

• Blackbird88, Silent and mirh like this

mirh
  • mirh

Prankster

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago

A Courgette patch maker that even a noob (or more realistically just a mildly experienced) editor could use would really be golden.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you are talking about with "chromium".

You just have to clone its repo?

Then, I wouldn't really know about compiling with GN, but afaik at least its binaries can be found in depot_tools.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 2 hours ago

Wherever the new downgrader grabs SP files from, please update!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users