San Andreas Downgrader

SA Released
224 replies to this topic
hitmanboy47
  • hitmanboy47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

Will there be more supported versions in the future? Like Retail Version 2.0 EU?

BoubouV12
  • BoubouV12

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:10 PM Edited by BoubouV12, 13 September 2017 - 08:15 PM.

Download Stub Version (Updates Itself With Patches) (2.1 MB)
RockstarNexus

why my antivirus tells me it is a virus files I have downloaded? 

Bugnotnotthegreat
  • Bugnotnotthegreat

Moderately OK man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

I think the download full package link is outdated

RinKK
  • RinKK

Retired GTA SA Speedrunner

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

I have a problem. I wanted to downgrade my version, but it leads to an error that is on screenshot below, then says that the downgrade is complete. I think it's because of my 32-bit system, still, can someone help me with this?

Here are the screenshots:

Spoiler

I have the same issue as him only on Windows 10 64 BIT, also the downgrader will usually freeze at random times (tried both full and stub)

SUPRAJZA80
  • SUPRAJZA80

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

See, yesterday I finally downgraded my GTA SA steam version(which is the New Steam R2) to 1.0 and I was excited and etc. when I first entered a car it was fine but later on when I went inside another car, I tried to change the radio station and somehow it crashed. In my perspective, the cause of this is that I'm still(maybe) missing those other 17 songs that are removed because I've never heard any single one of them in-game, which is urging me to believe that it is the cause but the downgrade it should've added those songs automatically right? or at it least it did like what it's supposed to do? I don't really know I'm confused as Damned. 

EDyssayBunnyhopping
  • EDyssayBunnyhopping

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

In the tutorial Vadim K saying to delete gta and it's folder, and then rename the gta folder? Please help!

SUPRAJZA80
  • SUPRAJZA80

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

In the tutorial Vadim K saying to delete gta and it's folder, and then rename the gta folder? Please help!

Yeah uninstall it and remove it's folder. But I think you have to completely download it again and then you will rename the folder. I'm only assuming a'ight and I could be wrong.  

ss44
  • ss44

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:30 AM

i am trying to downgrade steam r2 version and i am having a problem with the downgrader   it gives  big error saying eax.dll in use by another process and other things  and i am not sure what to do 

has anyone else has this problem and know how to fix it

Makazzz
  • Makazzz

The new one

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:56 PM Edited by Makazzz, 20 October 2017 - 12:48 AM.

I have a problem too.. When I launch the latest.exe or the sadowngrade1-3-1.exe Its show me that ;

Spoiler

My information for help;

Spoiler

So I can't access to the mods and I never try to downgrade because I don't know what will happen (with the ERROR before).. can you help me ?

EDIT: Okay. a few hours after the post I watch my anti-virus and the latest.exe and the sadowngrade1-3-1.exe is in my blocked application. I will check out what I can do.

Re-EDIT: Soo... I think its okay right now :D Its was just my stupid Anti-Virus lol. Thank for the tools!

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:49 AM Edited by Patrick1994, 6 days ago.

I have downloaded the German Steam version a few months ago and downgraded it using this tool. My goal is to upgrade to a "legit" 1.01 version, in the sense that while the exe is cracked, I have a version that can be acquired by buying v1.0 of the game and upgrading it with the official patch for that region.

I'd also like to make it easier for other people (in the speedrunning community) to get a legit 1.01 version.

My questions:

[converts] to their 1.0 counterparts

Does that mean that I get the 1.0 EUR version or US depending on my original version? What about the German version? Or do I always get the 1.0 US version.

Are there any differences between the regions apart from the exe? -> Can I get a legit 1.01 EUR version (no "version mixing") if I simply apply the 1.01 US patch to the 1.0 I have got using this downgrader and then swap the exe with the 1.01 EUR crack? (I did not find one for 1.01 US; I know that I need an uncracked US 1.0 exe to apply the patch, I could find one.)

Why 1.01? [feel free to skip - or comment! :)]

Edit: Everything I said here turned out to be false. \o/
The point is that I think that for speedruns, 1.01 is the best version:
For 100%, you really want 1.01:
- 1.0 does not give you back your RPG after Zero's "Air Raid".
- 2.0/Steam have the "armor bug" (you cannot get more than 100 HP max armor).
For the other categories - the bug fixes in v1.01 are minor improvements. 2.0 would be just as good but there is no crack for that (right? PM me^^). Steam does not support "holding om0 call" - glitching stuff. ^^

2.0 with crack would be good, too.

forzaborza
  • forzaborza

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

Every time I try to downgrade my game the downgrader crashes. I downloaded the mods separately without patching so I know it's only crashing when it tries to downgrade the exe. I've tried it about 10 times now and it crashes every time. Anyone else have this problem? Can I get some help?

Makazzz
  • Makazzz

The new one

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Now.. I have a "bug" in the game EVERYTHING I can see is doubled or/and blurry..

Spoiler

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by gts., 4 weeks ago.

Now.. I have a "bug" in the game EVERYTHING I can see is doubled or/and blurry..

Spoiler

See this: http://gtaforums.com...entry1069858076

Makazzz
  • Makazzz

The new one

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Spoiler

See this: http://gtaforums.com...entry1069858076

Oh.. ty. But When I reinstall my game I found an option for disable automaticly this but ty ! :D

StephenLynx
  • StephenLynx

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by StephenLynx, A week ago.

Any idea if this works on wine? I tried running it from the console on both 32 and 64 bits wine and it would just crash.

Edit: this software requires .net 4.0.3 as of version 1.4.

It uses features not available on xp, so it requires vista or later.

What ended up working to me was setting a w7 64bit VM and running it there.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users