Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA SA vs GTA V?

225 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA SA vs. GTA V (310 member(s) have cast votes)

Which GTA is Better?

1. GTA V (98 votes [30.06%])

Percentage of vote: 30.06%

2. GTA San Andreas (228 votes [69.94%])

Percentage of vote: 69.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Ohhh123r
  • Ohhh123r

空想特撮シリーズ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 2 weeks ago

San Andreas, because why? This masterpiece is way better than piece of garbage GTA V.

Here's the reason why SA better than V for Me:-
-SA storyline is better than V
-RPG Element
-Big Smoke's Meme
-More Mods!
-3 Cities
-Can recuit GSF homie
-Early 90's style
-And more!
  • B Dawg and anthony like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Journey_95, 2 weeks ago.

San Andreas, because why? This masterpiece is way better than piece of garbage GTA V.

-RPG Element
-Big Smoke's Meme
-More Mods!
-3 Cities
-Can recuit GSF homie
-Early 90's style
-And more!

I mean V's story is no doubt messy but SA's story after LS is a huge trainwreck as well..hardly any better. I don't think SA is a masterpiece and V isn't a piece of garbage either. People like to always pick extreme's here

• Lock N' Stock likes this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Ignore Mode Activated!

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 weeks ago

-RPG Element
-Big Smoke's Meme
-More Mods!
-3 Cities
-Can recuit GSF homie
-Early 90's style
-And more!

It is also story focused

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My bike is harmed, you will be harmed

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by B Dawg, 2 weeks ago.

I mean V's story is no doubt messy but SA's story after LS is a huge trainwreck as well..hardly any better. I don't think SA is a masterpiece and V isn't a piece of garbage either. People like to always pick extreme's here

SA's story is still more interesting, and the game has superior gameplay as well.

• anthony and Am Shaegar like this

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

Grove Street Families

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by CoolMods, 2 weeks ago.

SA the best

I've played GTA V on my friend's computer and i did not like anything than the graphics & psychics.

• anthony and Am Shaegar like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

SA's story is still more interesting, and the game has superior gameplay as well.

Depends. I think the LS part is way better than anything in V and the LV arc is fun too but the countryside, desert and San Fierro sh*t is a chore on each playthrough. V's story is a mess but at least it doesn't drag on (although the FIB sh*t gets really annoying), SA has way too much filler bs. 

And how does it have superior gameplay?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

No health regen, no oversensitive pedestrians/police, police carrying and using nitesticks at 1 wanted star, ability to go on rampages with melee weapons not gaining any stars unless actually seen by a cop, arguably better driving/flying mechanics/physics and gunplay (motorcycles are without a doubt much better), crouching, Vigilante, recruiting, better and more numerous cheats, less restrictive in general when it comes to missions and side missions, etc...

• Light Syde Riandy, GTA-Biker, GrudgefromSanAndreas and 1 other like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

No health regen, no oversensitive pedestrians/police, police carrying and using nitesticks at 1 wanted star, ability to go on rampages with melee weapons not gaining any stars unless actually seen by a cop, arguably better driving/flying mechanics/physics and gunplay (motorcycles are without a doubt much better), crouching, Vigilante, recruiting, better and more numerous cheats, less restrictive in general when it comes to missions and side missions, etc...

I'm with you on some things (the pedestrians and police are really annoying in V, lack of crouching wasn't good either) but on others I have to disagree. The gunplay is way better in V and the driving isn't that different. Both are more arcadey, it was only dumbed down compared to GTA IV. Same for physics..SA's haven't aged well at all. 

Flying is also much more enjoyable, the controls were bad in SA and it was overall frustrating. Never used cheats that much so can't comment on that, doesn't add much to the game for me.

Who are you supposed to recruit? Franklin doesn't care about gangbanging, Trevor has no real gang and Michael has nothing to do with that kind of life. Health regen is unnecessary but doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Anyway for me both games are very flawed. The story is a trainwreck in both but at least SA focuses on criminal organizations. Then again  I prefer Michael and Trevor over CJ who was just inconsistent and boring. The antagonists & side characters are definetly better in SA though. The gameplay is more fun in V etc. So yeah overall both games are a mixed bag.

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by anthony, 2 weeks ago.

the controls were bad in SA and it was overall frustrating

and the driving isn't that different.

You should play GTA SA, again.

The gameplay is more fun in V etc.

Wait, wut?
  • Am Shaegar likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

the controls were bad in SA and it was overall frustrating

and the driving isn't that different.

You should play GTA SA, again.

The gameplay is more fun in V etc.

Wait, wut?

I tried to a year ago or so but always get bored after the LS arc. Anyway overall the driving isn't that different, both are arcadey. GTA IV is the only GTA game that has more realistic & difficult driving and Rockstar changed it because people whined so much. Just like they did regarding the dark tone, more grounded missions etc. 

As a result we have GTA V which is completely different from IV. Its a shame because if people didn't bitch GTA V (and TBOGT) would have been way better. 

And yeah the gameplay is fun, not as much fun as GTA IV's but way more than SA's/any 3D Era GTA. VC is my second favourite GTA but it haven't aged well.

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Both are arcadey yes, except that the handling of vehicles are actually different from each other in GTA SA, cars and bike have actual suspension and for example, they don't snap the sidewalk. When driving a vehicles that it is not a 4x4 up to a hill, in the forest for example, the wheels will actually most of the time spin and you will lose control of the cars and fall back. Off road and sport vehicles actually feels like they should be.

For the gameplay I disagree, nothing but the retarted NPC's alone already killed it for me.

As a result we have GTA V which is completely different from IV. Its a shame because if people didn't bitch GTA V (and TBOGT) would have been way better.

That I couldn't agree more. But actually to me, GTA 5 feels like a bad GTA SA copy.
  • B Dawg and Journey_95 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

SA driving also has no assists to it, and it doesn't feel as ridiculous as V's driving.

• anthony likes this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA SA because my PC can run it wthout issues. GTAV is pain in the ass to play - 10x worse than GTAIV. f*ck all this well optimized sh*t. GTAV took 1 to 2 hrs to load on my laptop. In addition roads- buildings would disappear radio and cutscneses  mute at random - the worst pc gaming experience eveer. GTA SA and IV run vwey well. GTAV is a, motherf*cker.

Ready to pull a jihad on rich sons of bithes - i ain't got no love for you. 

WH

• Ertan Soner likes this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Benefactor Panto should've been called Vollthrottel

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA SA because my PC can run it wthout issues. GTAV is pain in the ass to play - 10x worse than GTAIV. f*ck all this well optimized sh*t. GTAV took 1 to 2 hrs to load on my laptop. In addition roads- buildings would disappear radio and cutscneses  mute at random - the worst pc gaming experience eveer. GTA SA and IV run vwey well. GTAV is a, motherf*cker.

Ready to pull a jihad on rich sons of bithes - i ain't got no love for you. 

WH

Do you use a gaming laptop?

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I like how the pedestrians, characters and the protagonists, have very much detailed facial animations and models. Something I was expecting the mods to upgrade SA by a bit more detailed ones, but so far, none of such mods exist. It would greatly improved the experience of playing SA.

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

I like how the pedestrians, characters and the protagonists, have very much detailed facial animations and models. Something I was expecting the mods to upgrade SA by a bit more detailed ones, but so far, none of such mods exist. It would greatly improved the experience of playing SA.

There is this fix about the facial animations.

• Am Shaegar likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users