Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA SA vs GTA V?

180 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA SA vs. GTA V (260 member(s) have cast votes)

Which GTA is Better?

1. GTA V (85 votes [31.02%])

Percentage of vote: 31.02%

2. GTA San Andreas (189 votes [68.98%])

Percentage of vote: 68.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

It's because of graphic whores like MrDeSanta that R* can get away after making an empty game like V.

Despite being the costliest game ever, it comes off as a half assed GTA, having less fun elements than a 10 year old game. Lame humor, a pathetic protag like Trevor(he represents that GTA has gone to sh*t), Michael, dishonest and lying, just wants money and Franklin who wants to get out of the hood but hangs out with Lamar. Lame attempts at satire, 12 year old level jokes, side activities like yoga, less interiors, a huge, pointlessly detailed ocean, over scripted missions, weird side characters, no fixed goal of the story('Hey, when you're feeling bored, just call me, we'll rob a bank!'), worst ending....

So many things wrong. But guys like MrDeSanta are happy if it has good graphics. And, to him, SA's story is sh*t, but V's makes sense. Sure, it's your opinion, but seriously? You care more about graphics?

No wonder people are concerned about GTA's future....

Don`t twist my words the way you like it because if i`d be such a graphic whore then i wouldn`t play IV would i? IV hasn`t exactly great graphics compare to V but i still like it because of content.
I can`t like SA with it`s content based on 10 years old wannabe gangsters who think they`re badass Compton gangsters for owning SA. Spraying tags and colecting oysters? Wow now that`s the fun i`m talking about. Fun, fun, fun. Spraying 100 of tags sprayed on non-textured buildings is what i live for.
SA sure has the most immature fanbase.

Besides what`s all the fuss, you all have Franklin- the generic clone of CJ so you should be happy that R* payed a respect to SA`s fanbase by puting HD CJ into V.

Sure, use the 'SA has the most immature fanbase' thing.
LoL.
Oh wait, I forgot. Of course V has the most mature fanbase! People like you, who care more about graphics. And why shouldn't you be able to play IV? That also has HD graphics, right?

Man, V is such a fun game! You can sit on your ass and do yoga! Bored? Catch a movie! Or wait, you can walk your dog! Wow now that's what I'm talking about. Fun, fun, fun.

Collecting space ship parts around a sh*tty map is what I live for.

R* played respect by putting in Franklin? That's the biggest bullsh*t I've ever heard. And he isn't a clone of CJ, but it's no use telling that to you because you didn't understand SA's story in the first place.

I'd explain, but it's no use. For guys like you to whom only graphics matter. It's like trying to explain gold's value to a monkey. R* are the ones who benefit, stripping the game of content, coating it with shiny new paint and selling it and later selling cut content as DLCs. At least SA was genuine, it offered what was advertised.

It's funny to see you V fanboys drooling over graphics and saying "Greatest game eva!'
Makes me laugh.

By the way, MrSanta, look at the poll standings. Doesn't it burn you that a 10 year old game with sh*tty graphics is winning?
  • Flesh-n-Bone, Osho and Captain Delitian like this

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:36 PM

Another butthurted SA fan.

Not understanding SA`s story? Lol, you got to be kidding me, what`s there to understand, that story is even worse than V`s (and V`s story is no good tbh). SA`s story is on the level of 10-years old wannabe gangstas who feel like being a members of Crisps just by owning SA copy.

Lol, SA`s story is so stupid that even playing the pacman on 4K TV has more sense in it.

Lets face it, nobody likes you, SA fanbase, you`re mocked even on GTAF, the only reason you get some "respect" in this topic is because your loved game is compared to V so V haters can get their piece of cake and siding with you for once. Otherwise everybody despise you. The reason? Read your poems about SA.

And btw, those results voted by few buthurted SA fans and V-hating fueled people don`t mean sh*t. Do you really excpect 50 or 100 votes can tell something? Lol, you must be desperate. There`s a whole gaming comunity out there, consist from 100s of milions of gamers worldwide and you expect a poll made on GTAF and voted by 50 people should tell the reality?

Jesus.

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:58 PM Edited by Son of Zeus, 12 December 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Another butthurted SA fan.
Not understanding SA`s story? Lol, you got to be kidding me, what`s there to understand, that story is even worse than V`s (and V`s story is no good tbh). SA`s story is on the level of 10-years old wannabe gangstas who feel like being a members of Crisps just by owning SA copy.

Lol, SA`s story is so stupid that even playing the pacman on 4K TV has more sense in it.

Lets face it, nobody likes you, SA fanbase, you`re mocked even on GTAF, the only reason you get some "respect" in this topic is because your loved game is compared to V so V haters can get their piece of cake and siding with you for once. Otherwise everybody despise you. The reason? Read your poems about SA.

And btw, those results voted by few buthurted SA fans and V-hating fueled people don`t mean sh*t. Do you really excpect 50 or 100 votes can tell something? Lol, you must be desperate. There`s a whole gaming comunity out there, consist from 100s of milions of gamers worldwide and you expect a poll made on GTAF and voted by 50 people should tell the reality?

Jesus.

Another butthurt V fanboy.

Nobody likes SA fanbase? We're mocked? Wow, not so good at comebacks, aren't you?
Compared to V fanbase, we're revered like gods on GTAF.

There's plenty to understand in SA's story, but it's cloaked in unrealism. Not surprised you don't see anything to understand.

Even MVC who was SonOfLiberty earlier, and who used to hate on SA terribly, now has developed a good bit of appreciation after playing it again. You V fanbase are 10x worse than even the IV base.

I'd suggest you the same, to play SA again, but then I remember I'm talking to a graphics whore.

Yes, a poll made by GTAF does matter, because majority here are serious GTA fans, unlike hordes of casuals like you out there.

That's all you V fanboys do. V gets bashed for the right reasons, and you get butthurt and start insulting other games(which many of you enjoyed earlier) for ridiculous reasons.

Face it. You guys get butthurt because you can't digest the fact that your shiny brand new baby is compared to a 10 year old game. And loses. ROFL.

You'll yourself see 10 years later that V won't be as revered and held high as SA is today.

Lord Jesus, help this poor guy.
  • Osho and Captain Delitian like this

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

I wonder how old are you mr zeus, i bet you are under 15 lol

At least i admit flaws that V has (storyline and antagonist sucks in V), i even admited in another thread that SA has better ending than V but you SA fans you are f*cking immature little brats. You wont admit any single flaw about your pre-historic game. Your dinasour has been fosilized a long time ago and you wont except it.

I admit SA was the best game in 3D era, it was a blast ONCE but not anymore, today it looks like sh*t. 

And i know i`ll say the same for V 10 years later. Can you get this through your thick skull that the game is outdated, it doesn`t have anything interesting anymore, all in that game look like f*cking child toys. We`ve all repeated that sh*t 50x times, i can tell you every single quotation from SA from my mind, so i`m beyond bored of it. Just what exactly can SA offer me today when i replayed it 50x times (not lying, 45x at least) and know everyf*ckingthing about it?

And calling me a casual gamer? Wow you`re f*cking ridicolous, if you`d knew how many times i repeated SA and 100% completed it you wouldn`t believe me.

And don`t bring @mvc into it because unlike SA fanbase he actually is an inteligent human being. 

• J Cobra likes this

Ducard
  • Ducard

Spectre

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:54 PM

Both of you, shut up.
  • The Odyssey, OneManCrimeWave, don ovdi' island and 3 others like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

SPANK THAT MONKEY

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:56 PM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 12 December 2014 - 03:58 PM.

Both SA and V fanboys are the most annoying of the community.
That was the dumbest argument i ever read.
  • Lock N' Stock, Payne Killer, El Tigre chino and 1 other like this

Ducard
  • Ducard

Spectre

• Facade Corporation
  • India

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

Both SA and V fanboys are the most annoying of the community.
That was the dumbest argument i ever read.

All fanbases are annoying, the IV fanbase is annoying too.
  • OneManCrimeWave and Son of Zeus like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

SPANK THAT MONKEY

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

All fanbases are annoying, the IV fanbase is annoying too.

But SA and V are the most annoying, don't even try to refute.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

SA or V?

Vice city is better than both.

• MiamiViceCity and Raiden1018 like this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

At least i admit flaws that V has (storyline and antagonist sucks in V), i even admited in another thread that SA has better ending than V but you SA fans you are f*cking immature little brats. You wont admit any single flaw about your pre-historic game. Your dinasour has been fosilized a long time ago and you wont except it.
I admit SA was the best game in 3D era, it was a blast ONCE but not anymore, today it looks like sh*t. 
And i know i`ll say the same for V 10 years later. Can you get this through your thick skull that the game is outdated, it doesn`t have anything interesting anymore, all in that game look like f*cking child toys. We`ve all repeated that sh*t 50x times, i can tell you every single quotation from SA from my mind, so i`m beyond bored of it. Just what exactly can SA offer me today when i replayed it 50x times (not lying, 45x at least) and know everyf*ckingthing about it?

And calling me a casual gamer? Wow you`re f*cking ridicolous, if you`d knew how many times i repeated SA and 100% completed it you wouldn`t believe me.

And don`t bring @mvc into it because unlike SA fanbase he actually is an inteligent human being. 

So just because you got owned, say 'I bet u under fifteeeen misters Zeus!'.

That's yet another thing you V fanboys do when you get butthurt.
Who said I don't admit SA's flaws? Here's a list:

1. Stupid over the top missions like Green Goo and Black Project. Seriously R*, what the f*ck were you thinking?

2. Annoying characters like Cesar and Zero. Did Cesar have to call about courier every 5 minutes? And Zero....why you made him R*?

3. Sweet. Idiotic and a sh*tbag who doesn't do sh*t himself and blames CJ.

4. CJ should've shown more spine when talking to Tenpenny and Pulaski. Sure, he was under a lot of sh*t, but still.

5. Catalina missions. Why was that bitch needed? If she was important, at least they should've made her less annoying.

6. Ridiculous traffic AI that crash into you as soon as you pick up speed.

7. Dildo as a weapon? What the f*ck?

8. Why six annoying girlfriends?

There's more, but I just wanted to show you that I too admit SA's flaws readily.

SA can't offer anything new, I just suggested in hope that you look at it's story in a new light. But OK, you've made it clear you don't want to. So don't comment on the story unnecessarily.

I called you a casual gamer cause you sound like one, saying you can't play 3D era games because they have sh*t graphics. Real GTA fans don't give a sh*t about graphics.

I'm glad I have a thick skull, because the sh*t you're saying doesn't go in. I know SA is outdated, it can't offer anything new, but it's still fun to play. Not for graphics whores like you, of course. Real gamers still play even III, can you believe that? It's about the joy it gives, not how old it is. Won't you play V after 10 years?

And why shouldn't I bring MVC into this? Because that negates your argument? He recently played through SA and is a lot more appreciative of it now, instead of pointlessly hating like he did earlier. That's why I mentioned him.
  • Osho likes this

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

1. Stupid over the top missions like Green Goo and Black Project. Seriously R*, what the f*ck were you thinking?

2. Annoying characters like Cesar and Zero. Did Cesar have to call about courier every 5 minutes? And Zero....why you made him R*?

4. CJ should've shown more spine when talking to Tenpenny and Pulaski. Sure, he was under a lot of sh*t, but still.

5. Catalina missions. Why was that bitch needed? If she was important, at least they should've made her less annoying.

There's more, but I just wanted to show you that I too admit SA's flaws readily.

SA can't offer anything new, I just suggested in hope that you look at it's story in a new light. But OK, you've made it clear you don't want to. So don't comment on the story unnecessarily.

I called you a casual gamer cause you sound like one, saying you can't play 3D era games because they have sh*t graphics. Real GTA fans don't give a sh*t about graphics.

I'm glad I have a thick skull, because the sh*t you're saying doesn't go in. I know SA is outdated, it can't offer anything new, but it's still fun to play. Not for graphics whores like you, of course. Real gamers still play even III, can you believe that? It's about the joy it gives, not how old it is. Won't you play V after 10 years?

And why shouldn't I bring MVC into this? Because that negates your argument? He recently played through SA and is a lot more appreciative of it now, instead of pointlessly hating like he did earlier. That's why I mentioned him.

Ok, fair enough. 

I for one didn`t hate CJ like many others on this forum do but i hated Sweet. I think he was the most anoying asshole who everytime f*cked everything up and blamed CJ for it. CJ always had to clean his sh*t up.

And you wont believe this but i prefer CJ to Franklin. While CJ is still somehow original, Franklin is just a boring generic clone.

Sure i still play 3D era but i admit i don`t have such fun anymore i used to had. It just can`t be the same. And graphics aren`t the main reason but overplayed games.

And besides i`m not just V fan but V and IV fan at the same time. Yes it is possible.

Now let`s finish this shall we.

• Son of Zeus likes this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

Ok, fair enough. 
I for one didn`t hate CJ like many others on this forum do but i hated Sweet. I think he was the most anoying asshole who everytime f*cked everything up and blamed CJ for it. CJ always had to clean his sh*t up.
And you wont believe this but i prefer CJ to Franklin. While CJ is still somehow original, Franklin is just a boring generic clone.

Sure i still play 3D era but i admit i don`t have such fun anymore i used to had. It just can`t be the same. And graphics aren`t the main reason but overplayed games.

And besides i`m not just V fan but V and IV fan at the same time. Yes it is possible.

Now let`s finish this shall we.

Yeah. Man I'm feeling like an asshole now. I overreacted quite a bit, but I was annoyed at your graphics post. Sorry if I offended you.

I don't hate V, but it isn't on SA's level of fun gameplay IMO. Just what I think. However, V is a technical marvel, and has awesome things like peyote hallucinations, and at night looks amazing. Can't deny that. :)
  • Mister Pink and MrDeSanta like this

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

No hard feelings, i started it after all. Maybe i insulted SA fanbase too much but i was little pissed over V-hatings. Maybe i mentioned the graphics too much and gave the impression i`m just another dumb, shallow casual gamer who cares about the graphics only but it isn`t like that. Not completely at least.

Well i do care, i`m not going to lie but if there`s no good story, content and gameplay then the graphics itself don`t mean much.

Anyways i`ll finish this before mods will get really pissed.

• Mister Pink and Son of Zeus like this

CarnageRacing00
  • CarnageRacing00

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

Bravo to both of you for making amends.

I think one of the the most valid reasons why V wasn't more like SA in terms of silliness and character customization is that Saints Row already exists. If V was too silly, then instead of people complaining that V lacks the fun aspect of SA, they would be complaining that Rockstar is trying to ape Saints Row.

See, I remember IVs heydey. People would come in here and trash IV, saying Saints Row was the better game, IV was sh*t, etc. NOW people say SA and IV are better than V.

There will always be complainers. The problem is that they are the vocal minority.

Much like the customer review section on Amazon, you mostly see bad reviews, not because the product is really bad, but because the only people who feel compelled to take the time to WRITE a review are the ones who dislike the product or had a bad experience. You don't hear much from satisfied customers, because there isn't much for them to say.

Except here, if you like V, you're just an idiot fanboy apparently.

There is no winning.
  • Lock N' Stock, OneManCrimeWave, Son of Zeus and 2 others like this

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:56 AM

yeah it kinda sucks when you can't have a good debate because everything gets personal and all internet hardcore.. you know after all generally everything on this entire website is subjective.

Personally SA has much more value to me not just because of nostalgia but gameplay.  I liked GTA V when i first got it, I've grown to hate it.  i dont hate on V for no reason, its obviously peeved me off in various ways to make me go from liking it to hating it.  I hated GTA IV at first (the story).. i only played the online portion.  but eventually i warmed up to the game and understood the story and appreciated the game much more.  V just has unlikeable characters to me.  Michaels' a fuxking snitch, Franklin's a punk, and i hated that fuxker Trevor since the beginning.  GTA SA had tenpenny, who was my favorite GTA antagonist; the "villains" in GTA V are weak sauce IMO.  

• Osho likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:25 AM Edited by Osho, 14 December 2014 - 04:31 AM.

I often get the urge to play GTA SA ( and even other old games ) again, which I don't get with GTA V at all ( in fact; modern games in general just lack a lot of that feeling of goodness ).
I always maintain starter saves on PC for GTA SA to CHOOSE, and DECIDE [insert any mission and activity here] in my way; I am interested playing through the missions, and the variety of activities, and then continue enjoying to the mood and music in the background. I'd actually forgotten the count of times all the races I did. I was pleasantly surprised by the simplicity and effectiveness in making the races so much fun. I'm still very impressed by the sheer size of the GTA SA map and how they were able to fill the areas with something interesting to offer within few blocks away before you even start thinking for something to do. That's where the love, and so much appreciation for this game comes from. Contrast that with GTA V massive empty map where I have to scratch my head to think and decide about WHAT TO DO? It is so much lacking in interesting challenges, and proper activities to have fun where there is some incentive since the game doesn't reward you anything worthwhile for your efforts either. It feels so limited in the basic function of making the massive open world to effectively drive the players with some direction and sense of purpose/reward to explore. I guess the rules have changed, and players are now required to what they have been looking for in GTA V as "the next GTA" to only ever find it - ONLINE! :p
GTA SA is truly a classic for me and number one in my books, and nothing else has ever come even close, let alone tops.
  • B Dawg and Son of Zeus like this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:52 AM Edited by G.S.T, 14 December 2014 - 04:53 AM.

Fanboys of both games should just settle down. I love both of them, but I like V a bit more right now probably because SA feels a bit dated.

Rejeckted
  • Rejeckted

Oblivion Wolf

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GFX]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:12 AM Edited by Cristiano Ronaldo 7, 14 December 2014 - 06:12 AM.

ZlGHBAR.png

• Mister Pink, B Dawg, Son of Zeus and 2 others like this

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

I should mention that i pluged my PS2/SA on my old CRT TV via scart and it looks 5x better than on huge 1080p.

I`ve actually replayed the game from the start and even came to "high stakes, low riders" mission without any problems.

It looks like these new HD TV`s, especially those with huge screens f*ck up the picture of old SD games to the point where they are literaly unplayable.

But on a 24-year old tube TV it looks decent and it is playable.

• Mister Pink likes this

CarnageRacing00
  • CarnageRacing00

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

SA really needs a CRT monitor or television to look right. I installed it on my current PC to make a short video comparing map sizes, and holy crap, the textures just aren't meant to be scaled up like that. 

Compress it all down to standard resolution and the texture gets that detail and grittiness back that made the game look halfway decent. Not by today's standards, but that's not really a fair comparison - today's graphics are f*cking MAGICAL compared to what we had 10 years ago.

All that said, I still enjoy V more. Some people can't find fun things to do in V... maybe they're just looking for a different type of game. Personally, I have had more fun in V than any other GTA game. The amount of ridiculous crap you can do if you use your imagination is just great. If you ever need proof of that, you need look no further than Rooster Teeth's Achievement Hunter GTA V Let's Play's. 

Just watch this heist video and tell me you don't think it's hilarious and awesome at the same time.

Skip to about 28 minutes in to skip all of the dicking around they do.

Cliff notes: They create their own "heists" (sort of making fun of Rockstar for not releasing the real thing yet) by robbing convenience stores in the most elaborate way possible. In this one, each of them robs a different store and they all have to meet up on Powers St to get in a Luxor which is then flown to Fort Zancudo to steal Lazers to escape in... and it doesn't go as planned. 

• The Odyssey likes this

quejki
  • quejki

GTA SA > GTA V

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:19 AM

Of course It's San Andreas. Great music, great feeling of LA 90's, great missions, freedom! This game is just perfect. 

• Raiden1018 likes this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:22 AM

v aint got sh*t on sa

• B Dawg and Raiden1018 like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

*big quote*

Trevor  pushed michael into that fame or shame situation. That show is worse  than american idol.  He also had to get tracy away from those porn dudes beat up her stalker and beat lazlows ass again for being a scumbag. Tracy is a fluzy anyway you can't fault him for being a father

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:09 AM

I don't care. I have both i play both.  I also have 5 other gta games downloaded on ps3. The thing is a few or you expected what rockstar never promised . They told you what to expect from the gameplay trailers. Besides you can't expect the main story to be as big as san andreas and rhen have online also do you? Online is awesome btw thats my opinion.Last but not least there is another main story in the works we havn't seen the last of gta v

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:54 AM

GTA 5!!!

helpplease
  • helpplease

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

I havent played 5 yet but all GTA 5 needs is a 5/10 to be better that piece of crap called SA.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:24 PM

freedom! 

I love getting wanted stars too when I explore!

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:13 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 26 December 2014 - 08:13 PM.

Technically, GTA V is better. But, as part of the nostalgia and the sheer amount of unparalleled content and the massive scope of 2004's San Andreas, it's said that it's better.

Raiden1018
  • Raiden1018

Stay golden, Ponyboy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

freedom! 

I love getting wanted stars killing someone in the middle of the desert with a suppressed weapon and no witnesses!

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:33 PM

freedom! 

I love getting wanted stars killing someone in the middle of the desert with a suppressed weapon and no witnesses!

What's that got to do with freedom?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users