Photo

[SA|TUT|TOO] Add Really New Vehicles

166 replies to this topic
The Dingo
  • The Dingo

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:39 PM Edited by The Dingo, 09 February 2015 - 07:34 PM.

Yes

the txd and dff are both called fbikar

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:27 AM

(I love soap operas! XD)

4) In the file fastman92limitAdjuster.ini you have change:

#Vehicle Models=212
with this:
Vehicle Models=213
?
make sure '#' has been removed!

5) Now post the string for the file vehicles.ide.

The Dingo
  • The Dingo

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:39 PM

Yes

And the string

6526,	fbikar, 	fbikar, 	car, 		FBICAR, 	FBIKAR, 	null,	ignore, 	10,	0,	0,		-1, 0.7, 0.7,	-1

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

Uh?... ID 6526?... Why?... What happened to the ID 612?!...

The correct string must be:

612, fbikar,  fbikar,  car,   FBIKAR,  FBIKAR,  null, ignore,  10, 0, 0,  -1, 0.7, 0.7, 0

The Dingo
  • The Dingo

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

Uh?... ID 6526?... Why?... What happened to the ID 612?!...

The correct string must be:

612, fbikar,  fbikar,  car,   FBIKAR,  FBIKAR,  null, ignore,  10, 0, 0,  -1, 0.7, 0.7, 0

Yes it is 612 that was a typo.

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

6) Now, add the other strings for the car:

file carcols.dat:

fibkar, <colors parameters>

file cargrp.dat:
In one of the sections, for example:

bravura, taxi, cabbie, premier, securica, elegant, fortune, feltzer, merit, elegant, huntley, zr350, sentinel, fibkar
# POPCYCLE_GROUP_BUSINESS

file carmods.dat:

fibkar, nto_b_s, nto_b_l, nto_b_tw

7) What is the string for handling.cfg that you have?...

The Dingo
  • The Dingo

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

Okay so I got it working, Thanks for the help though!

azielok
  • azielok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:00 PM Edited by azielok, 12 February 2015 - 06:26 PM.

I added motorcycle and it works really good, but when after that I added a new car it isn't working properly. The model is good, only handling of the car is just weird. It accelerates like motorcycle, but even faster, 0-100 in 1,4 s, 0-200 - 3,4s. I think everything is set properly, even handling.cfg. Later I added the second car (100% the same like the first one) after the motorcycle and it's works just perfect, handling is normal. I don't know where the problem is.

Edit1:

When I swapped vehicle id of these two cars nothing has changed(18677<=>18678).

But when I swapped handlings it has changed, now the second one car has weird acceleration.

Thus, it follows that the error is in handling.cfg, the first handling line after motorcycle's isn't working properly, so how can I solve that error?

Neddo
  • Neddo

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

Maybe it's the handling itself? Maybe you got a mod with a wierd performance already?

azielok
  • azielok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:36 PM Edited by azielok, 12 February 2015 - 08:38 PM.

No, with just any handling that is located under handling of motorcycle's handling something strange is happening.

Spoiler

Just look, the highest is the motorcycyle (KAWZ800), the first car under KAWZ800 will have strange handling (FSGT5SS).
If we swap FSGT5SS with FSGT511 (Don't change values, only place):
Spoiler

Now FSGT511 will have weird handling, so I don't know what is wrong. Maybe motorcycle's handling is bad, I will try to replace it with standard NRG and see what then.

FSGT5SS and FSGT5NF will work just fine in the second case. In first FSGT511 and FSGTNF. Only first handling under KAWZ800 don't work properly.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:40 PM Edited by fastman92, 12 February 2015 - 08:44 PM.

No, with just any handling that is located under handling of motorcycle's handling something strange is happening.

Spoiler

Just look, the highest is the motorcycyle (KAWZ800), the first car under KAWZ800 will have strange handling (FSGT5SS).
If we swap FSGT5SS with FSGT511 (Don't change values, only place):

Spoiler

Now FSGT511 will have weird handling, so I don't know what is wrong. Maybe motorcycle's handling is bad, I will try to replace it with standard NRG and see what then.

FSGT5SS and FSGT5NF will work just fine in the second case. In first FSGT511 and FSGTNF. Only first handling under KAWZ800 don't work properly.

Use my limit adjuster and enable handling.cfg limit patch.

Make sure that you're adding two lines into handling.cfg when adding a motorcycle. Bikes require both 'standard' and 'bike' line.

azielok
  • azielok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

Hi fastman92 :)

Of course I did that.

Spoiler

Your limit adjuster is just great, no problems when adding new cars with new handlings, but when I add a motorcycle that happened.

Make sure that you're adding two lines into handling.cfg when adding a motorcycle. Bikes require both 'standard' and 'bike' line.

Of course added.

Spoiler

259 standard lines and 14 bike lines

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:59 PM Edited by fastman92, 12 February 2015 - 09:01 PM.

I run out of ideas.

When you're using my limit adjuster, there is actually no difference between R* handling.cfg lines or added lines. They're the same thing, they're not different.
Which implies a possibility that your new handling.cfg lines are malformed.

Try this: add a standard vehicle the second time. Add a new handling for this bike, copy the old line and change the name appropriately.
You should also post the content of fastman92LimitAdjuster.log file.

azielok
  • azielok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:27 PM Edited by azielok, 12 February 2015 - 09:44 PM.

I also run out of ideas now.

What you mean by:

Try this: add a standard vehicle the second time. Add a new handling for this bike, copy the old line and change the name appropriately.

Sorry, I can't understand that, which vehicle? And why I must add new handling for this bike and where?

I thought that the car under the motorcycle is bad but now I totally don't understand that. I copied bike's handling much higher and even now the same car have the same problem, the car which handling number is "257" and I have 259 handlings. So, any car will have weird speed if its handling line is 257...

I have a backup of files before installation of motorcycle, I wonder if it will work. I would restore that files and add new cars except bike.

All in all, I do not care for that bike anymore, but maybe we will solve it before I will try to restore files.

I hope that when I restore everything and I will add a completely different cars everything will work fine. I'll leave that bike and three cars.

Spoiler

azielok
  • azielok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:34 PM Edited by azielok, 13 February 2015 - 06:37 PM.

Hi fastman92,

I wrote that this error appeard when I installed a new bike and now I think that it is not the case. As in my last post I wrote that the problem is with car which has handling number "257".
I restore my files before instalation of bike and I added two new cars (handlings 256 and 257) and another time without a bike there is an error with car 257. 258 and 259 will work just fine as it works when I have that bike and 3 cars installed, but only the car's 257 handling isn't working properly. Where is the problem? Do I need to simply insert a copy of just any car to take place of 257 and hide that car in game files? Later I will be able to add new cars, because only 257 handling doesn't work for now.

2. I have a question about adding new colors to carcols.dat, I've added 11 new colors from #127 to #137 to that file and insert them into an added car's lines (id over 18000) and they just doesn't work, I don't know whether they work in normal cars' ids under 620, but I will check this later. Edit: With cars under 620 also doesn't work.

3. The last question is about yours "Paintjob for added vehicles fix" also don't work for me and the paintjobs are just black or grey. Does it work for you? Some people write that it also doesn't work for them.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:50 PM

Hi fastman92,
I wrote that this error appeard when I installed a new bike and now I think that it is not the case. As in my last post I wrote that the problem is with car which has handling number "257".
I restore my files before instalation of bike and I added two new cars (handlings 256 and 257) and another time without a bike there is an error with car 257. 258 and 259 will work just fine as it works when I have that bike and 3 cars installed, but only the car's 257 handling isn't working properly. Where is the problem? Do I need to simply insert a copy of just any car to take place of 257 and hide that car in game files? Later I will be able to add new cars, because only 257 handling doesn't work for now.

2. I have a question about adding new colors to carcols.dat, I've added 11 new colors from #127 to #137 to that file and insert them into an added car's lines (id over 18000) and they just doesn't work, I don't know whether they work in normal cars' ids under 620, but I will check this later. Edit: With cars under 620 also doesn't work.

3. The last question is about yours "Paintjob for added vehicles fix" also don't work for me and the paintjobs are just black or grey. Does it work for you? Some people write that it also doesn't work for them.

1. I don't know, any handling line is expected to work correctly.
2. There's a limit, list of max 128 car colors I think. DK22 increased this limit: http://vol-gta.com/f...6-1933-1#187113

" insert them into an added car's lines (id over 18000) "
It's also wrong to declare a ped/vehicle with ID >= 800.
This limit will be adjustable in newer version of my LA.

# Count of killable model IDs (vehicles/peds) (800)
# In game there's an array CDarkel::RegisteredKills and it stores the number of registered kills for model IDs.
# Model IDs that may be killed are vehicles/peds.
# Default value of 800, means that 0-799 is valid ID for ped/vehicle.
#
# In short, this value will affect the max possible ID for ped/vehicle.
#Count of killable model IDs = 800
3. I didn't really test my ASI plugin on added vehicles, but on standard vehicles only and it worked. Patches some code in memory, which is responsible for ID limit of vehicles that may have additional TXD files assigned.

NYXIdT
  • NYXIdT

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:25 PM

Hey, I'm having a problem, fastman92limitAdjuster doesn't seem to work at all. fastman92limitAdjuster.log is nowhere to be found.

The only major mod I have installed is the .lod mod, which utilizes limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa.asi and IDE_DD_Tweaker.asi. Do some of these plugins conflict?

However, I tried fastman92limitAdjuster without the other limit adjuster (and without the .lod mod) and it still doesn't work. In fact, my game crashes when I have fastman92limitAdjuster only. And still no fastman92limitAdjuster.log. (Yes, I'm using the proper .exe.)

And another thing:

I Have one question! How to spawn newly added vehicles by cleo script(ParkedcarGenerator)?

Unless the game is patched, only vehicles that meet this condition will be added:
if ( modelId == -1 || (modelId >= 400 && modelId <= 630 ))

So... is there a patch to fix this? I wanted to make my extra cars rare, not just spawning in traffic.

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

You can not add this tool on other mods...
You neeed to have a GTA-SA without modification, install ANV, and then add their own.
But excluding Cleo3 and ASI Loader.
This is a tool that has both Cleo4 that ASIloader with IVF211, to preinstall possibly ANV:
http://www.mediafire...oader_CLEO4.rar
But absolutely nothing Cleo3! :)

ANV has the car spawner, and the tutorial explains how to use it. :)

Fenton
  • Fenton

Facade's Ponytail Resident

• Facade
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

I followed your methods and managed to add 60 cars on my vehicles.IDE, I like your tutorial method!

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:28 AM

Very thanks! :)

The merit is especially fastman92, who did a great job! :D

NYXIdT
  • NYXIdT

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:39 PM

You neeed to have a GTA-SA without modification, install ANV, and then add their own.
This is a tool that has both Cleo4 that ASIloader with IVF211, to preinstall possibly ANV:

Luigi you don't understand, I was asking if it is possible to make parked car generator work for id's above 630. :sigh:

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

Luigi you don't understand, I was asking if it is possible to make parked car generator work for id's above 630. :sigh:

Yes. Use fastman92 limit adjuster
Enable option
[CAR STREAMING]
; Accept any ID for car generator?
#Accept any ID for car generator = 0

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:24 PM Edited by Automan, 26 February 2015 - 04:26 PM.

Yuri excuse, I thought you had read everything. :)

NYXIdT
  • NYXIdT

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

Thank you, fastman92!

What about this though?

Hey, I'm having a problem, fastman92limitAdjuster doesn't seem to work at all. fastman92limitAdjuster.log is nowhere to be found.

The only major mod I have installed is the .lod mod, which utilizes limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa.asi and IDE_DD_Tweaker.asi. Do some of these plugins conflict?

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:28 PM

Thank you, fastman92!

What about this though?

No time to think about it today.

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

If you disable, limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa.asi and IDE_DD_Tweaker.asi (-> limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa.off and IDE_DD_Tweaker.off), the file fastman92limitAdjuster.log is created?...

NYXIdT
  • NYXIdT

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

Ok, turns out I had version 1.2 of fastman92limitAdjuster. Strange that it didn't work (all files were in place), but when I installed v1.3, it worked! Without having to uninstall any mods.

Now everything functions correctly and I'm adding tens of new cars. Thank you fastman92 for making this possible. :turn:

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

AVT 2.0 with Limit Adjuster 3.0, Cleo 4.3 and ASI Loader 1.2. now available. :)

mpPako
  • mpPako

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

Nice tutorial!

But, how i can add to cars viligante/taxi/firefighter mission, sirens and emergency lights ?

Automan
  • Automan

Grandfather Modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:14 AM

:D

Only for this is Emergency Light Mod (ELM) 9.1:
<search in web>

Otherwise there Improved Vehicle Features (IVF) 2.1.1:
http://gtaforums.com...hicle-features/

1 user(s) are reading this topic