Niko Bellic, 2017

240 replies to this topic
American Viking
  • American Viking

WKTT caller

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

I honestly think he is dead. I'm as big a Niko fan as anyone on here, and I know his badassery was on full display the entirety of GTA IV, but he pissed off and killed off way too many important people just to ride off into the sunset. I think the Russian Mafia assassinated him, most likely in retaliation for Dimitri's death. I believe Roman is living with his wife and kid somewhere in Algonquin. I'm confident that Roman's cab business is thriving and all is well for him. I do believe Niko is dead though. 

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:14 AM Edited by Corndog93, 23 February 2015 - 03:15 AM.

Follow the GTA IV chain story if you would like to see what Niko has been doing

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:50 AM Edited by Zello, 23 February 2015 - 03:51 AM.

I think he was forced into working for the IAA again by Karen.

• Jesse.yancey320 likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:54 AM

Who knows what happened to him. He could have moved back to Serbia, for all we know.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

Good think someone bumped this instead of doing a new thread, this thread isn't that old anyways. 

OT: I think I made a post on the first or second page :)

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

I honestly think he is dead. I'm as big a Niko fan as anyone on here, and I know his badassery was on full display the entirety of GTA IV, but he pissed off and killed off way too many important people just to ride off into the sunset. I think the Russian Mafia assassinated him, most likely in retaliation for Dimitri's death. I believe Roman is living with his wife and kid somewhere in Algonquin. I'm confident that Roman's cab business is thriving and all is well for him. I do believe Niko is dead though. 

I actually think he had a much higher chance at surviving the fallout of IV than other protagonists. Johnny... well, we all know what happened to him and Luis probably had to be wary of Bulgarin's men coming back at him, if they managed to consolidate their power before someone in Europe took advantage of their leader suddenly being gone. Or Ashvilli's, hell, even Timur was afraid of them. Not to mention all those gangs he robbed with the Dynamic Duo in Drug Wars. Ancelotti probably gave him a break though. He blamed Rocco equally for what happened with the diamonds and with his organization wrecked by Pegorinos' attacks and without Bulgarin's backing, he probably focused on putting his business back together rather than petty revenge.

But Niko? First, ULPC gave him a protection throughout the story and Gravelli got rid of file LCPD had on him, so there was probably no heat from the law enforcement coming his way, if he went quiet immediately after the game ended. Both Dimitri and Pegorino ended up dead, the Pegorino family dissolved, with their highest ranking member, Phil Bell, leaving town on good terms with Niko. Bulgarin took over Dimitri's business, but he died soon after and I suppose Kenny Petrovic moved in and claimed the vacant space. I don't think Bulgarin's men in Europe would bother going after him, when there was a more obvious suspect around and Bulgarin himself didn't seem like he cared too much about Niko. And finally, I imagine Ancelottis had, like I said, too many problems to bother going after one hired gun, especially when the organization that set him against them is gone.

• Davexen likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

I actually think he had a much higher chance at surviving the fallout of IV than other protagonists. Johnny... well, we all know what happened to him and Luis probably had to be wary of Bulgarin's men coming back at him, if they managed to consolidate their power before someone in Europe took advantage of their leader suddenly being gone. Or Ashvilli's, hell, even Timur was afraid of them. Not to mention all those gangs he robbed with the Dynamic Duo in Drug Wars. Ancelotti probably gave him a break though. He blamed Rocco equally for what happened with the diamonds and with his organization wrecked by Pegorinos' attacks and without Bulgarin's backing, he probably focused on putting his business back together rather than petty revenge.

But Niko? First, ULPC gave him a protection throughout the story and Gravelli got rid of file LCPD had on him, so there was probably no heat from the law enforcement coming his way, if he went quiet immediately after the game ended. Both Dimitri and Pegorino ended up dead, the Pegorino family dissolved, with their highest ranking member, Phil Bell, leaving town on good terms with Niko. Bulgarin took over Dimitri's business, but he died soon after and I suppose Kenny Petrovic moved in and claimed the vacant space. I don't think Bulgarin's men in Europe would bother going after him, when there was a more obvious suspect around and Bulgarin himself didn't seem like he cared too much about Niko. And finally, I imagine Ancelottis had, like I said, too many problems to bother going after one hired gun, especially when the organization that set him against them is gone.

I feel that any criminal organisation that would want to survive, would steer clear of Niko after knowing what damage he did.

• ObsydianRaven, Jeansowaty and Karls like this

Sawnek
  • Sawnek

"V has come to."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:54 AM

And that bug that Roman stepped on finally payed the rent. :p

The bug's family members caught wind of this, taking no prisoners they raided his house and gave Niko and Roman a brutal death in retaliation.

Considering I've always picked the Revenge ending, I feel like Niko gave up his life of crime - cutting loose ends as he was able to live his life in Liberty City for the first time without somebody breathing down his neck. As generic as a response as this is though, I'd like to think Niko just stayed close to his friends and cousin and continued living life, working for Roman's taxi service, occasionally going on dates and what not, etc.

YouSmellButtHoles
  • YouSmellButtHoles

You really do

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:14 AM

Reading all the replies makes me realize what a heart wrenching story GTA IV has and that Niko is such a complex character.
I think he either started the classy restaurant or went to Europe and his mother (her first email really brought tears to my eyes).

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

He's working in Roman's company. enjoying civilized life without people out to get him all the time. and still seeing some of his friends, Little Jacob, Bruice..etc.

• Stoney0503 likes this

V12599
  • V12599

Rat

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

Never quite feeling comfortable, he has moved back to Europe and lives under a different alias.

Are you really sure about that? And where in Europe? I think Switzerland would be a nice take. I don't really think that he moved back to Serbia/Bosnia, due we still don't know if Bulgarin haves his goons back there being active.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

Dont ruin it for me. i want to believe he's still in LC. it fits him perfectly. whats he got in Europe anyways? Roman and all his contacts are in Liberty City. his mother is the only thing there and she likely wouldnt want him to come home. cause its poor there.

El Tigre chino
  • El Tigre chino

im alive somewhat

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:56 AM

Laying low keeping hes nose clean .

CartmanKusanagi
  • CartmanKusanagi

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:52 AM Edited by CartmanKusanagi, 15 March 2015 - 03:53 AM.

I'll leave this from another thread: 

Judging from Roman's almost perverse love of bowling, I imagine that he forced Niko, Jacob and Brucie (at least until the events GTA V) to form a team with him. Over time, although the team is generally successful, Niko grows increasingly weary of Roman's complaints that the bowling balls "do not feel like beeg American tittees" and abandons bowling for good. Eh, that's the best I could come up with  :/

On a more serious note, I think he genuinely wanted to give up his life of crime after the ending (whether it be Deal or Revenge). He's probably living a quieter life now, helping take care of Roman and Mallorie's child and whatnot.

• Payne Killer likes this

viperdk
  • viperdk

Vice City Mob Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:24 AM

Niko is living in LC, now a legal citizen of the United States, thanks to his long time girlfriend, now wife, and lawyer Kiki. :D

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

Niko is living in LC, now a legal citizen of the United States, thanks to his long time girlfriend, now wife, and lawyer Kiki. :D

Kiki was a bit clingy but I like this ending.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:34 PM Edited by Majestic81, 15 March 2015 - 10:35 PM.

Yuck, Kiki was a retarded bitch. More retarded than Carmen.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

Yuck, Kiki was a retarded bitch. More retarded than Carmen.

So it is not worth dating them?

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

Alex was the only one worth dating in my view. Kiki is worth dating, cuz shes kinda funny when she starts stalking Niko and sending him hate messages.

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

Niko got killed by CJ. Nah, just kidding.

I think he went on to live a happy life, The Russian Mafia trying to kill him, it all ended well for Niko Bellic.

"closes storybook"

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

(Found this picture in my snapmatics)

Niko moved to Los Santos:
0_0.jpg

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

0_0.jpg

And killed Trevor.

• Professor SmackaDabbah likes this

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

Gangsters killed him since he had so many enemies.

• Al3x_XXI likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

All of his enemies died out though. the Dmitiri/ Pegrino/ the Russian Ray dude. and UL Paper protected him from the law enforcement.

Professor SmackaDabbah
  • Professor SmackaDabbah

Dananananananana she really loves to break

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:37 AM Edited by Hocko1999_fgc, 18 March 2015 - 09:36 AM.

a

0_0.jpg

How did you do that

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:20 PM

nah I don't think anyone could take niko down. All of the assassination attempts on niko's life haven't ended so well for the other hit man. Such as when bulgarins hit man tries to slit niko's throat in Russian revolution he ends up with a broken nose after niko head butts him.. Or when dimitri's hit man attempts to kill him at Romans wedding he ends up getting shot in the head with his own gun. the only hit man I can see taking niko down is himself.

0_0.jpg

nice haircut

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Patient 223

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:15 PM Edited by DrAnomalous, 18 March 2015 - 05:17 PM.

Never quite feeling comfortable, he has moved back to Europe and lives under a different alias.

Are you really sure about that? And where in Europe? I think Switzerland would be a nice take. I don't really think that he moved back to Serbia/Bosnia, due we still don't know if Bulgarin haves his goons back there being active.

I wouldn't say that he goes back to his country but having Niko go back to Europe would be a great way to take the series to a city out there. I'd like to imagine his troubled past eventually catches up with him and when he least expects it. This could set off a new series of events for NB. I really liked this protagonist and even though we haven't had a repeat protagonist in GTA, I think it be a great way to break that trend.

• SlavicSquat likes this

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

Oh, I love over-analyzing things, especially fiction.  :D If we ignore the obviously un-real mass police killings and stuff that takes place in the story there are a few things I feel speak for him being dead or in prison. There are too many lose ends left after the story. First of all with the Ancelotti crime family, with kidnapping Grace. It seems to me that Giovanni Ancelotti isn't the type of guy who forgives or lets go. A prime example of this seems to be Rocco’s quote from the mission "Party's Over" when he says that he (Giovanni) is pissed and wants people dead. I'd say that when someone messes with his family (kidnapping his daughter) he'd be even more pissed and seeking retaliation. You can talk all you want about Niko and his war-time experience but a well-armed hit-team of say, four mobsters catching him off-guard would leave him dead for sure. 

There's also the Russian mafia. Dimitri R. as a person wasn't exactly a stand-up guy but I'd say he was probably a good earner for the mob. Since he dies in both endings the Russians would most likely want revenge for killing a major source of income, and from what we saw in the IV-storyline they seem to be rather ruthless. If Roman surviving is canon then I don't doubt that they'd go after him first, either to get to Niko or simply to taunt him.

Now if he does not die then he'd be in prison for sure. Take the bank heist for instance. During the robbery itself Packie and Derrick pretty much tell everyone who they are with their argument. You can bet that stuff is recorded on surveillance cameras and heard by the witnesses at the bank. Once the police figure out that the McReary’s did it it shouldn’t take long for them to figure out, through informants or whatnot that the man with the foreign accent is known troublemaker Niko Bellic who has been seen with them before the mission. The brothers even shout his name during the escape through downtown. Seeing as the Bank of Liberty seems to be a very large chain of banks it's most likely insured by FDIC making the robbery a federal crime. That gets the FBI involved and even though the U.L. Paper guy seems to be protecting Niko it still would generate a lot of heat.

If that's not getting him arrested then the assassination of Tom Goldberg the lawyer sure would. The plan itself is pretty poorly thought out but the execution is even worse. First of all Niko sends his resume by email with his real name on it, not to mention that Francis sends Niko email and a text message about the interview leaving a paper trail and connecting Niko with Francis. Francis also has a probable cause to have Goldberg killed (with his on-going investigation) so this whole thing would really drag him down as well. But aside from that, Niko is placed on the scene by the receptionist and the security guard when he enters the door. Even if he kills Goldberg stealthily and gets out without anyone noticing he is the last person known to have been in contact with Goldberg before his death which would make him a prime suspect in the following investigation. I get the feeling that Francis McReary handles pressure poorly (hinted by his drinking at work and his lashing out at Niko when things go wrong) and I think that when they start questioning him about his involvement and ties with Niko (like I said, not to mention the paper trail left by the emails and text message he sent to him) he would cave and rat Niko out to save himself.

Yeah sure this is just a game and all but the subject is interesting and I like these types of discussions. With all this said it's been a while since I played this game so if I've remembered something wrong please forgive me.

• The7thOne likes this

Davexen
  • Davexen

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

Oh, I love over-analyzing things, especially fiction.  :D If we ignore the obviously un-real mass police killings and stuff that takes place in the story there are a few things I feel speak for him being dead or in prison. There are too many lose ends left after the story. First of all with the Ancelotti crime family, with kidnapping Grace. It seems to me that Giovanni Ancelotti isn't the type of guy who forgives or lets go. A prime example of this seems to be Rocco’s quote from the mission "Party's Over" when he says that he (Giovanni) is pissed and wants people dead. I'd say that when someone messes with his family (kidnapping his daughter) he'd be even more pissed and seeking retaliation. You can talk all you want about Niko and his war-time experience but a well-armed hit-team of say, four mobsters catching him off-guard would leave him dead for sure. 

There's also the Russian mafia. Dimitri R. as a person wasn't exactly a stand-up guy but I'd say he was probably a good earner for the mob. Since he dies in both endings the Russians would most likely want revenge for killing a major source of income, and from what we saw in the IV-storyline they seem to be rather ruthless. If Roman surviving is canon then I don't doubt that they'd go after him first, either to get to Niko or simply to taunt him.

Now if he does not die then he'd be in prison for sure. Take the bank heist for instance. During the robbery itself Packie and Derrick pretty much tell everyone who they are with their argument. You can bet that stuff is recorded on surveillance cameras and heard by the witnesses at the bank. Once the police figure out that the McReary’s did it it shouldn’t take long for them to figure out, through informants or whatnot that the man with the foreign accent is known troublemaker Niko Bellic who has been seen with them before the mission. The brothers even shout his name during the escape through downtown. Seeing as the Bank of Liberty seems to be a very large chain of banks it's most likely insured by FDIC making the robbery a federal crime. That gets the FBI involved and even though the U.L. Paper guy seems to be protecting Niko it still would generate a lot of heat.

If that's not getting him arrested then the assassination of Tom Goldberg the lawyer sure would. The plan itself is pretty poorly thought out but the execution is even worse. First of all Niko sends his resume by email with his real name on it, not to mention that Francis sends Niko email and a text message about the interview leaving a paper trail and connecting Niko with Francis. Francis also has a probable cause to have Goldberg killed (with his on-going investigation) so this whole thing would really drag him down as well. But aside from that, Niko is placed on the scene by the receptionist and the security guard when he enters the door. Even if he kills Goldberg stealthily and gets out without anyone noticing he is the last person known to have been in contact with Goldberg before his death which would make him a prime suspect in the following investigation. I get the feeling that Francis McReary handles pressure poorly (hinted by his drinking at work and his lashing out at Niko when things go wrong) and I think that when they start questioning him about his involvement and ties with Niko (like I said, not to mention the paper trail left by the emails and text message he sent to him) he would cave and rat Niko out to save himself.

Yeah sure this is just a game and all but the subject is interesting and I like these types of discussions. With all this said it's been a while since I played this game so if I've remembered something wrong please forgive me.

Shhhh, don't spoil the idea of Niko having a nice peaceful life with silly things like rational thinking and good arguments.  :whistle:

I believe he managed to find some peace at last, but I can't quite counter the points you've raised. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part.

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:12 PM Edited by Thelema93, 19 March 2015 - 10:28 PM.

Oh, I love over-analyzing things, especially fiction.  :D If we ignore the obviously un-real mass police killings and stuff that takes place in the story there are a few things I feel speak for him being dead or in prison. There are too many lose ends left after the story. First of all with the Ancelotti crime family, with kidnapping Grace. It seems to me that Giovanni Ancelotti isn't the type of guy who forgives or lets go. A prime example of this seems to be Roccos quote from the mission "Party's Over" when he says that he (Giovanni) is pissed and wants people dead. I'd say that when someone messes with his family (kidnapping his daughter) he'd be even more pissed and seeking retaliation. You can talk all you want about Niko and his war-time experience but a well-armed hit-team of say, four mobsters catching him off-guard would leave him dead for sure.

Now if he does not die then he'd be in prison for sure. Take the bank heist for instance. During the robbery itself Packie and Derrick pretty much tell everyone who they are with their argument. You can bet that stuff is recorded on surveillance cameras and heard by the witnesses at the bank. Once the police figure out that the McRearys did it it shouldnt take long for them to figure out, through informants or whatnot that the man with the foreign accent is known troublemaker Niko Bellic who has been seen with them before the mission. The brothers even shout his name during the escape through downtown. Seeing as the Bank of Liberty seems to be a very large chain of banks it's most likely insured by FDIC making the robbery a federal crime. That gets the FBI involved and even though the U.L. Paper guy seems to be protecting Niko it still would generate a lot of heat.

that thing about ancelotti actually makes sense. That could also explain why packie left liberty city, because he heard that old man ancelotti was out for revenge against anyone who was involved in Gracie's kidnapping. It could also be why whenever he brings up niko in gta v he assumes him dead because he thinks he was killed by the ancelottis.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users