Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:22 PM

which one is best for workout?

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

All Things DOPE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

Weights>Machines because machines restrict your range of motion whereas free weights don't. Free weights are easily better for building & sculpting muscle. Some machines are good but its best not to rely on them so much & stick to free weights which is more natural.
  • Formula_puck likes this

BigG42069
  • BigG42069

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

Weights>Machines because machines restrict your range of motion whereas free weights don't. Free weights are easily better for building & sculpting muscle. Some machines are good but its best not to rely on them so much & stick to free weights which is more natural.

u can still get big and get muscles using machines only

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

All Things DOPE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

u can still get big and get muscles using machines only
I didn't say that you can't, im just saying that free weights are better because of not being limited on ROM & most machines have a certain limit on how much weight that you can add.

I use some machines myself but more free weights. Don't forget about bodyweight/calisthenics, that also great for building muscle don't believe me youtube calisthenics kingz, these guys are swole & do nothing but that.

I blend all three together which produced some of the best results for me, don't limit yourself to just one.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:03 AM

Weights.

Machines won't develop your stability since they guide you through the motions.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

you should do free weights more often.

but there's nothing wrong with machines when you want to isolate certain parts of the body.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

Machines are good at certain times, but for better results, it's free weights by far.

Sasuke Uzumaki
  • Sasuke Uzumaki

Different guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

Free weights, since you have more options and you have more opportunities to build muscle, not to say machines are bad.

Formula_puck
  • Formula_puck

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:26 AM Edited by gagemb9918, 04 January 2015 - 02:28 AM.

Machines are better for getting your technique. I like that lat-pull-down machine since there's a wide range of exercises you can do with it. As with squats, biceps, abs, triceps, chest, etc. Free weight is better as long as you know what you're doing.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Machines are better for getting your technique. I like that lat-pull-down machine since there's a wide range of exercises you can do with it. As with squats, biceps, abs, triceps, chest, etc. Free weight is better as long as you know what you're doing.

Machines IMO are only good for the very last training for training that last said group of muscles. Good for blood flow, bad for strenght conditioning.

I'm trying to get back in the shape i was 3 years ago. Can't even imagine how it felt to bp over 140kg right now as 100 already feels like i'm pushing it tot he max. Shame on me.

Formula_puck
  • Formula_puck

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:17 PM

I don't even do heavy weight. Just small weight and a lot of reps for endurance and tone. Not trying to get bulky, not for my sport

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:51 PM Edited by HeavyDuke, 23 September 2016 - 06:46 PM.

Machines IMO are only good for the very last training for training that last said group of muscles. Good for blood flow, bad for strenght conditioning.

I'm trying to get back in the shape i was 3 years ago. Can't even imagine how it felt to bp over 140kg right now as 100 already feels like i'm pushing it tot he max. Shame on me.

Edit this sh*t, 2 repped that sucker today. Chest is back to where it was used to be. Vains also coming back as the motherf*cker on the chest/shoulders and biceps. Natty muscle alright.

And yes NG is my old banned account and the mods around here are aware of that, so no hate on that.

I don't even do heavy weight. Just small weight and a lot of reps for endurance and tone. Not trying to get bulky, not for my sport

You won't get bulky any time soon if you don't use gear. Even if you would give it everything you got.

Formula_puck
  • Formula_puck

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:17 AM

Edit this sh*t, 2 repped that sucker today. Chest is back to where it was used to be. Vains also coming back as the motherf*cker on the chest/shoulders and biceps. Natty muscle alright.

And yes NG is my old banned accounts and the mods around here are aware of that, so no hate on that.

You won't get bulky any time soon if you don't use gear. Even if you would give it everything you got.

I spent the whole summer hitting the gym and building muscle for hocker but I didn;t focus on cardio at all :( On the bright side I got bigger and the bad news is I didn't get toner.

• HeavyDuke likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

And yes NG is my old banned accounts and the mods around here are aware of that, so no hate on that.

I spent the whole summer hitting the gym and building muscle for hocker but I didn;t focus on cardio at all :( On the bright side I got bigger and the bad news is I didn't get toner.

Yeah well, nothing some cardio can't fix, or propper diet. What always works for me is low volume cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and simply dodge all avoidable fat/carbs and salt.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:57 AM Edited by HeavyDuke, 30 March 2017 - 02:03 AM.

PS arms should only be trained with Free weights IMO after you killed them with free weights then you can do some after - pump sessions with machines.

And while talking about arms, this is how mine are right now.

AQWX80F.jpg

I hope to get them a bit bigger this year. They are almost as big as they where a couple of years back... maybe they already are.

What do i do to them? Well, Bicep curls EZ bar narrow grip, Skullcrushers, EZ bar wide grip, tricep kickbacks. Reverse curls, Wrist curls/reverse wrist curls, hammer curls and thats it for arms. The once in a while tricep pushdowns just to pump it up.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

I'd post my free weight routine, except I don't know the names of any of them. Curls with dumbbells? The one where you lift it behind you to work your triceps? And some others.

I'm getting results. That's all I know.
  • HeavyDuke likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:02 AM

I'd post my free weight routine, except I don't know the names of any of them. Curls with dumbbells? The one where you lift it behind you to work your triceps? And some others.

I'm getting results. That's all I know.

Thats barbell tricep extensions as i recall.

I did them like 15 minutes before this picture to pump them up a bit.

K2xrldE.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users