VC Released
2,259 replies to this topic
Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:02 PM Edited by Tomasak, 3 weeks ago.

POPULAR

more47.png

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - The Leftovers Fix
(An original idea by SpooferJahk)

VCLF_ABOUT.png
For some reason Rockstar Games ported Grand Theft Auto: Vice City from PlayStation 2 to the PC platform with a potato and because that, the game has lost features and has missing things which has been seen first time in PS2. This mod will restore them with little modifications and some improvements by our part.

If you don't know what I'm speaking about, I recommend watching these Videos first.

VCLF_CONT.png
*_CP_ *BeckermannDewitt *BEGINit

*Blackbird88 *EiF0hn *ermaccer

*fastman92 *Forever L *inadequate

*Jitterdoomer *JohnnyK *Kalvin *Mr.Jago

*Mugetsuga *Neo Anderson *niltwill

*R4gN0r0K *Silent *SpooferJahk

*The Hero *TJGM *Tomasak *Zera

VCLF_DOWNLOAD.png

CorePack - Last Update: 23/07/2016

Improvements - Last Update: 24/12/2015

Mega Mirror

Improved ped.ifp

PS2 Feels Vice City Edition

Flash FM with "Running with the Night"

V-Rock with fixed "Cumin' Atcha Live"

Mega Mirror

KCHAT & VCPR in better quality

PS2 SFX00048

Texture source

changelog.png

CorePack

Spoiler

Improvements

Spoiler

Improved ped.ifp

Spoiler

VCLF_RMMM.png
*Cleo

*Modloader

*Open Limit Adjuster
(it's red because it's needed to run this mod)
(requires Ultimate ASI Loader, which is already included in WS fix and Skygfx)

If you run into crash near Gash shop in North Point mall center open limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa.ini and in [VCLIMITS] change EntryInfoNode = 3200 to EntryInfoNode = 30000

*Ped Speech Patch

*SilentPatch

*Skygfx

*Potent Tear Gas

(remove vcpd_ps2_teargas.cs from VCLF/cleo)

*Updated SCM

*Vice City PS2 Trails

*Vice City Widescreen Fix

*PS2 Loadscreens

*Mouse Wheel Radio Changer

VCLF_If3DPJo.png

*Mr. Jago's fixes

*Inadequate's fixes

*Tomasak's fixes

*All In One Pack ZIP - Last Update: 03/09/2015

*All In One Pack Installer - Last Update: 10/09/2015

*Clean map for vanilla VC

DISCLAIMER: All modifications has been tested and works correctly, anyway I don't take responsibility for any damages that may appear after or while installing of one or various modifications. Install at your own risk.

• AndyGanteks, Jestic, xNCx and 63 others like this

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:50 PM Edited by inadequate, 25 November 2014 - 11:55 PM.

Very useful, nice mod. Waiting for more fixes. :p

EDIT:

Other thing, I think is not a bug but would be nice if gets fixed on some aspect. The Auntie Poulet model has wrong lipstick on PC and uses the PS2 clothes (if i'm not wrong with this), if you can or anybody port the PS2 model to PC would be perfect.

• Snoops27 likes this

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:07 AM Edited by SpooferJahk, 26 November 2014 - 12:42 AM.

Very useful, nice mod. Waiting for more fixes. :p

EDIT:

Other thing, I think is not a bug but would be nice if gets fixed on some aspect. The Auntie Poulet model has wrong lipstick on PC and uses the PS2 clothes (if i'm not wrong with this), if you can or anybody port the PS2 model to PC would be perfect.

That might be in the PS2 TXD file for her, I will look into the PS2 files and see if I can ultimately replace it .

EDIT: Found her TXD from my PS2 copy and working on testing it to see if it worked. This will come in the next update if I can HOPEFULLY get the map errors fixed. If not, I will release it as another update before the map fixes happen.

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:52 AM

Thanks to inadequate for pointing it out, I managed to get Auntie Poulet's model from the PS2 version working in the PC version and the OP will be updated with the link to the respective TXD file.

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

wosh u face

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:13 AM Edited by Mr. Jago, 26 November 2014 - 07:47 AM.

been snooping around my PS2 disc's files and found some of the textures/models shown in the video plus some more. here's a pack with some conversions made using THE HERO's wonderful toolset, might be missing some stuff as it's a lot to keep track of. includes:

• country club golf ball statues (gf_hedge1.txd, lower-res than the PC texture so it may need touching up/remaking)
  • Japanese tourist with skin-colored camera on PC (jmoto.txd)
  • original Jocksport signage, though I think there's still a few more I need to find (dts_shops.txd, nbchdrtrack.txd, nbtshopfronts02.txd)
  • Vice Point Langer (od_chariot.txd)
  • Carnicero Romero with Hilary Briss portrait (funhiati.txd, missing the accompanying building model as I don't know the name of it)
  • Reefer model with extra colored bit
  • golf tee flags (gf_flagstees1-6.dff, textures are in the PC version already)
  • Ammunation window sign (mall_ammuwin.dff, textures are in the PC version already)
  • original weapon models and textures, includes full-quality HUD textures (some models may not be different)
  • green store block (od_bigshops2.txd, also lower-res)
  • "uncensored" laundromat phone number (litthabg1.txd, also lower-res)
  • different girly mags/posters used in some interior in Little Haiti (LH_PWInterior.txd, also lower-res)

all of the txds are in straight 32-bit format so if you wanted to use them as a mod you'd have to make them compatible (through compression, 8pp, etc), or set up a new img using gta_vc.dat and add them to that, then delete the files in gta3.img. this is because for whatever reason, vice city doesn't like uncompressed textures in gta3.img and will refuse to make them appear in game. I wouldn't recommend it though as the game doesn't apply texture filtering under certain conditions for reasons I don't understand, so it looks wonky unless it's hud stuff.

I know the weapon models will work fine just inserted in-game, but I don't know about the others so use them at your own risk. I tried doing something like this before and I know for sure that the golf flags are riddled with flipped faces, so those are definitely going to need toying with in a modelling program. damn, now I want to try getting 3ds max on this dinky laptop. I think I may start polishing some of this stuff up, god help me :p

• Blackbird88 and Tomasak like this

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

been snooping around my PS2 disc's files and found some of the textures/models shown in the video plus some more. here's a pack with some conversions made using THE HERO's wonderful toolset, might be missing some stuff as it's a lot to keep track of. includes:

• country club golf ball statues (gf_hedge1.txd, lower-res than the PC texture so it may need touching up/remaking)
  • original Jocksport signage, though I think there's still a few more I need to find (dts_shops.txd, nbchdrtrack.txd, nbtshopfronts02.txd)
  • Carnicero Romero with Hilary Briss portrait (funhiati.txd, missing the accompanying building model as I don't know the name of it)
  • Ammunation window sign (mall_ammuwin.dff, textures are in the PC version already)
  • original weapon models and textures, includes full-quality HUD textures (some models may not be different)
  • different girly mags/posters used in some interior in Little Haiti (LH_PWInterior.txd, also lower-res)

all of the txds are in straight 32-bit format so if you wanted to use them as a mod you'd have to make them compatible (through compression, 8pp, etc), or set up a new img using gta_vc.dat and add them to that, then delete the files in gta3.img. this is because for whatever reason, vice city doesn't like uncompressed textures in gta3.img and will refuse to make them appear in game. I wouldn't recommend it though as the game doesn't apply texture filtering under certain conditions for reasons I don't understand, so it looks wonky unless it's hud stuff.

I know the weapon models will work fine just inserted in-game, but I don't know about the others so use them at your own risk. I tried doing something like this before and I know for sure that the golf flags are riddled with flipped faces, so those are definitely going to need toying with in a modelling program. damn, now I want to try getting 3ds max on this dinky laptop. I think I may start polishing some of this stuff up, god help me :p

Looks like there is more missing than I thought... dang. :p Well dang, didn't think the PC version of Vice City had this much cut from the PS2 version.

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

wosh u face

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:38 AM Edited by Mr. Jago, 26 November 2014 - 08:41 AM.

Looks like there is more missing than I thought... dang. :p Well dang, didn't think the PC version of Vice City had this much cut from the PS2 version.

I swear, looking through the files of both the PS2 and PC makes me think that the PC version was made using mostly outdated assets, instead of the missing stuff simply being omissions. the PC version has tons more unused models and many different things have inconsistencies and errors that were already cleared up in the PS2 release. the only time it has newer stuff is when it had to be changed for legal reasons (like the Ruger and phone number). that being said, this project has a lot going for it. if we extended to sound and text then we could also include the original Flash FM and the audio for The Driver, as well as roll back the weapon names to their PS2 counterparts. should be pretty easy though, it's mostly grunt work

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:44 PM Edited by SpooferJahk, 26 November 2014 - 12:49 PM.

I swear, looking through the files of both the PS2 and PC makes me think that the PC version was made using mostly outdated assets, instead of the missing stuff simply being omissions. the PC version has tons more unused models and many different things have inconsistencies and errors that were already cleared up in the PS2 release. the only time it has newer stuff is when it had to be changed for legal reasons (like the Ruger and phone number). that being said, this project has a lot going for it. if we extended to sound and text then we could also include the original Flash FM and the audio for The Driver, as well as roll back the weapon names to their PS2 counterparts. should be pretty easy though, it's mostly grunt work

I also wonder if that was the result of Vice City being built on GTA III's PC port by any chance. I mean the GTA III leaves, newspapers, and even fire effect were left in the game so it could have been a rushed port. It came out the year after it's initial PS2 release by a fairly short margin so maybe Rockstar was rushed a bit with getting all the assets ported into the PC version. Even with the features kind of removed it still is a solid version of the game at least, much better than sh*te ports like Saints Row 2 where playing it on the console is practically mandatory unlike here where it is just recommended if fixes were not available.

• Mr. Jago likes this

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

San Andreas Rewind Vehicle Artist

• Feroci
  • Italy
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

i restored every ps2 weapon

fixed related to both pc and ps2 version that i made:

fixed vc comet,fixed little havana shop(where you can find the outfit) and fixed vc skimmer

if you are intersted in them just pm me and i'll send them to you

• Tomasak, Mr. Jago and Sweet Bellic like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:18 PM Edited by Tomasak, 26 November 2014 - 02:06 PM.

Hero's convertor convert them badly:

Spoiler

Jock sports, Vice point langer, country club golf ball statues in higher resolution: http://ulozto.net/so...ixes/vice-city/

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

• Feroci
  • Italy

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

this can be avoided by flipping polys,it doesn't flip polys automatically

• Mr. Jago likes this

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

wosh u face

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

news!

groopy.png

wfyg2/groupie 2 is different on the ps2, hero's tools did the job just fine. download game-ready version here

• Tomasak, Shagg_E, Jinx. and 2 others like this

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

Hero's convertor convert them badly:

Spoiler

Jock sports, Vice point langer, country club golf ball statues in higher resolution.

Here all textures in one link, because that filehost sucks. :p

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/vnw5kq

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

lh_haiblockc3.dff is used for building with Hilary Briss poster, but even after converting dff I don't have him there and plus it f*cks up building which is next to this :(

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

• Feroci
  • Italy

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:54 PM Edited by Aztecas_5, 26 November 2014 - 07:54 PM.

i think that i can fix it,send me the bugged dffs that mr jago converted

edit:send me also their textures

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

• Feroci
  • Italy

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:18 PM Edited by Aztecas_5, 26 November 2014 - 08:21 PM.

sorry but i can't fix them and there's no way to save the original prelight

zmodeler and seggaeman's plugin for max can't import the files and once imported with kam's script they'll lose the prelight

edit:if someone can send me the ps2 .dff as .3ds (after importing the converted ps2 files with kam's scripts),i can remap the pc ones by using their original uvmap

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

Nice, waiting for more fixes. :p

Any news of this one?

Spoiler

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

• Feroci
  • Italy

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

i you can send me ps2 one in 3ds format,i can just fix the uv map of the pc one,so the dff will be okay

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

A small teaser update, did a small edit to the weapons that you all may appreciate...
gta-vc2014-11-2615-16-58-63.png
  • R4gN0r0K, Tomasak, Mr. Jago and 2 others like this

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

• Feroci
  • Italy

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:07 AM

I found a member that gave me the .3ds files,today i'll remap correctly the pc dffs
  • Tomasak likes this

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • France

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:17 AM

Anybody can compress this to get work in PC, without creating other .IMG :p

I found a member that gave me the .3ds files,today i'll remap correctly the pc dffs

Nice. ;)

• Jinx. likes this

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

☆ ♛ ☆

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

would be nice if you can put all the links when its finished in the first post and make a similar thread like the SA PS2 fixes

• Jinx. likes this

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:21 AM

would be nice if you can put all the links when its finished in the first post and make a similar thread like the SA PS2 fixes

That's the plan, already got some parts in there as it is. 

• Blackbird88, R4gN0r0K and Jinx. like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

How it goes with golf flags?

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

• Feroci
  • Italy

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:23 PM

i'm fixing the flag of the first hole

• Blackbird88, Tomasak and Jinx. like this

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

• Feroci
  • Italy

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:04 PM Edited by Aztecas_5, 16 January 2015 - 05:59 PM.

*ignore this post*

• Tomasak, Jinx. and Mr. Jago like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

gf_flagstees42.dff and gf_flagstees43.dff seem to be ok too

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • France

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

Spoofer: If you can add this to the fixes downloads http://gtaforums.com...eon-lights-fix/;)

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • France

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:33 PM

Sorry for double post.

New fixes:

Spoiler

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/tyy95m

• R4gN0r0K, Tomasak, undertaker fan and 1 other like this

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

• Feroci
  • Italy

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

Tomorrow i'll fix the other holes

Can someone tell me which are the holes that were left in the ps2 state?
Or are they all f*cked up?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users