SkyGfx: PS2 and Xbox graphics for PC

RW Released
6,337 replies to this topic
d3jan
  • d3jan

Prime

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by d3jan, 6 days ago.

I have an idea, why not implement vice city's and gta 3's post proccesing to sa, I know this mod is not about vice city and 3, but it would be great to have those in game and also it would be useful for total conversations or map conversatons from vc or 3 like gta united or underground... and also with the 24h timecycle you can have vice city's or 3's graphics in sa and it would be more useful for 24h timecycle mod, like you can have timecycle mods for vice city in sa... ofcource you would have to convert the timecye for sa but you only the those color values, it can be done with a simple script.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 6 days ago

You mean the trails colour filter? Already in skygfx, check gta underground for implementation

d3jan
  • d3jan

Prime

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I don't know if they are the same thing but I think that trails are just another effect like sa's radiosity or vice city sories thing, i am talking about the main color filter, but I don't know for sure... maybe i could be wrong.

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Use this and this.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 6 days ago

I don't know if they are the same thing but I think that trails are just another effect like sa's radiosity or vice city sories thing, i am talking about the main color filter, but I don't know for sure... maybe i could be wrong.

trails at least in VC are tied with the color filter

d3jan
  • d3jan

Prime

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by d3jan, 6 days ago.

ok so it's already done, that's great, because it's not mentioned in the ini so i didn't know... thanks man

So if you use for example ps2 color filter and trails, the values of the trails also change?

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

You can't. GTA3 and/or Vice City trails is embedded to the post processing setting in the ini. So you can't use SA PS2 filter with VC trails, for instance.

pandapwnzer
  • pandapwnzer

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by pandapwnzer, 5 days ago.

Been searching around and maybe I missed it but is anyone else having issues with transparency on lights/fog/etc where the transparency isn't correct.

I have this mod, silentpatch, and 2dfx installed.  Only seems to happen when there is many particles on the screen at once.  I tried messing with 2dfx without much luck.  And the issue doesn't seem apparent when I switch back into PC rendering instead of PS2.

transparency-291fe0.png

• santotaku likes this

Marsi4eg
  • Marsi4eg

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Marsi4eg, 5 days ago.

It's discussed on almost every page of the topic. Need to add this information to the first post and make it red and big.

Remove SAMPGraphicRestore or don't set buildingPipe in SkyGfx ini.

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 5 days ago Edited by LaDiDa, 5 days ago.

SAMPGraphicRestore.asi causes that

(Should add it to first post along with any of those Screenshots in a spoiler @The Hero).

EDIT: Ninja'd

AddictionToGaming
  • AddictionToGaming

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 5 days ago

After installing skygfx, some shadows are low-quality (CJ's is literally a dot). Is it supposed to act like this or? 

I also installed the latest version of Silent beforehand btw and I didn't have an issue with the shadows. How can I fix it? Thanks in advance.

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

After installing skygfx, some shadows are low-quality (CJ's is literally a dot). Is it supposed to act like this or? 

I also installed the latest version of Silent beforehand btw and I didn't have an issue with the shadows. How can I fix it? Thanks in advance.

pedShadows=0            ; Enable dynamic ped shadows
stencilShadows=0        ; Enable stencil shadows (vehicles and poles)

skygfx turns them off by default to get that ps2 look, use these settings to turn them back on
  • AddictionToGaming likes this

Snowshoe
  • Snowshoe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Snowshoe, 5 days ago.

Comment out these two hooks at the bottom of SAMPGraphicRestore.cpp. It will fix the fog problem. We get the same issue posted nearly every page so please stop complaining about it. It's not a SkyGfx bug. As far as I'm aware Hero's fog code is correct, so he can't do anything about another plugin breaking it. Stop.

HookInstall(0x53E230,(DWORD)DrawScreenHook,5);
HookInstall(0x553CF1,(DWORD)SaveGraphicsParameters2,5);
//HookInstall(0x733F01,(DWORD)SaveGraphicsParameters3,6);
HookInstall(0x53DFE2,(DWORD)RestoreGraphicsParameters2,7);
//HookInstall(0x53E01E,(DWORD)RestoreGraphicsParameters3,5);
HookInstall(0x53EB7E,(DWORD)DrawScreenHookRestoreGraphics,5);

Proof it works:

bRAqcht.png

Also, you shouldn't be using SAMPGraphicRestore on the singleplayer game in the first place, ever.

• Tomasak, NOskillx and LaDiDa like this

Mubber
  • Mubber

Modderman

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Mubber, 5 days ago.

Comment out these two hooks at the bottom of SAMPGraphicRestore.cpp. It will fix the fog problem. We get the same issue posted nearly every page so please stop complaining about it. It's not a SkyGfx bug. As far as I'm aware Hero's fog code is correct, so he can't do anything about another plugin breaking it. Stop.

HookInstall(0x53E230,(DWORD)DrawScreenHook,5);
HookInstall(0x553CF1,(DWORD)SaveGraphicsParameters2,5);
//HookInstall(0x733F01,(DWORD)SaveGraphicsParameters3,6);
HookInstall(0x53DFE2,(DWORD)RestoreGraphicsParameters2,7);
//HookInstall(0x53E01E,(DWORD)RestoreGraphicsParameters3,5);
HookInstall(0x53EB7E,(DWORD)DrawScreenHookRestoreGraphics,5);

Proof it works:

-snip-

Also, you shouldn't be using SAMPGraphicRestore on the singleplayer game in the first place, ever.

PM me the compiled asi please.

Would be so nice to have this fixed.

Snowshoe
  • Snowshoe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Compiled version is here: https://mega.nz/#!gZ...0zQfUYRtE5b9DvI

You still need to comment out buildingPipe in the skygfx ini. Use SilentPatch if you want dual pass on world objects.

• NOskillx and Mubber like this

MacViper
  • MacViper

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 days ago

How to separate the reflections in the blox parameter so that the gloss has several values for different materials, for example for the body the first value, for chromium the second value, etc.
Because this setting sets the gloss for all materials at the same time, and whatever values I create when I create the car, they still do not change anything, only if you completely turn off the reflection and specular

The Hero
  • The Hero

Into TheGame!!!

• Feroci
  • Germany
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Honorable mention]
    Best Script or Plugin 2016 [SkyGfx]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 3 days ago

If you mean neo specular light, yes, they can't be changed in the model because the standard models don't have the data we need.
  • NOskillx likes this

Vlady_xD
  • Vlady_xD

I'm a motherf*ckin' GENIUS!

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 3 days ago

Hi guys , the mod is awesome but I don't know how to make it work in VC , I installed Ultimate ASI loader but it doesn't load at all

Thank you all for your help , I appreciate it :@

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Hi guys , the mod is awesome but I don't know how to make it work in VC , I installed Ultimate ASI loader but it doesn't load at all

Thank you all for your help , I appreciate it :@

No problem, you're welcome. Is obvious that are you doing something wrong.

Vlady_xD
  • Vlady_xD

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 3 days ago

What? I put all the necessary files in GTA Vice City directory and I have installed Ultimate ASI loader. The gta-vc.exe is v1.00

Sharpovel
  • Sharpovel

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 days ago

How to turn off blur, i mean this which shows dual character becasue of sky gfx

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 2 days ago

Hi it's Vince with Disable Blur, you're gonna be in a great mood all day cause you're gonna be disabling your SA blur away, now here's a config, copy one, disable overall edge blur...

blurLeft= 0
blurTop= 0
blurRight= 0
blurBottom= 0

Copy two, disable big radiosity blur...

radiosityFilterPasses=0

Now here take a second look at this, don't forget to remove the ; otherwise the setting will be ignored

yDKGg4j.jpg

And there's the blur removed in what, 4, 5 seconds it's done!

• NOskillx likes this

fabioxds
  • fabioxds

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A day ago Edited by fabioxds, A day ago.

I think you guys must love the blur effect, don't you? Cause I think I've found a bug wich is only showing up when blur is off.

I've been experiencing game freezes after disabling the effect on the config files. When loading saved games, the status bar freezes at the very end. Sometimes when I exit safe houses and the screen fades black, the game freezes at this point too. I use only SilentPath and Skygfx with a clean install. The game freezing isn't so frequent, but after playing a while you know that something is wrong. PS: Frame limiter always on.

Here are the only settings that I changed from the defaults (skygfx1.ini):

ps2Modulate=0
dualPass=0

vehiclePipe=PC

doRadiosity=0

lightningIlluminatesWorld=1

Uncommented the following:

infraredVision=PS2
nightVision=PS2
grainFilter=PS2

radiosityFilterPasses=0
radiosityRenderPasses=0
radiosityIntensity=0

victm92
  • victm92

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Hi, 

Tried everything but didn't manage to get the water drops on screen, what am I doing wrong? 

>Apparently you can downgrade your game to 1.0 by getting an old "gta3.exe", right? I do so and it didn't work. I don't know any way to know my version either, in any case. 

>Don't know which ASI loader to use and how.

Please help me, I could buy an original Xbox just to play this game with the water drops (360 doesn't seem to work at decent framerates). 

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted A day ago

(360 doesn't seem to work at decent framerates). 

if you are playing GTA 3/VC/SA forget about anything higher than 30fps. It's been discussed many times

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 hours ago

(360 doesn't seem to work at decent framerates). 

if you are playing GTA 3/VC/SA forget about anything higher than 30fps. It's been discussed many times

He's talking about Xbox 360.

• Blackbird88, Tomasak and NOskillx like this

Vlady_xD
  • Vlady_xD

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 hours ago Edited by Vlady_xD, 21 hours ago.

Why skygfx for VC is working only if I have vctrails.asi?And is there a way to disable blur for VC?

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017

Posted 21 hours ago

sharptrails

• NOskillx and RegistaG like this

The Hero
  • The Hero

Into TheGame!!!

• Feroci
  • Germany
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Honorable mention]
    Best Script or Plugin 2016 [SkyGfx]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 21 hours ago Edited by The Hero, 21 hours ago.

Argh, it's getting confusing to keep track of the bugs/issues now. I don't know how any of the settings fabioxds mentioned could cause anything to freeze.

"Why skygfx for VC is working only if I have vctrails.asi?" what? skygfx should not depend on trails in any way. The only issue i see is that skygfx should enable trails in the menu by itself instead of relying on vctrails or sharptrails. I will probably do that at some point.

For now I uploaded 2.3b for III/VC, which has TAG's recent fixes and one regression he introduced fixed.

EDIT: I just noticed I had a typo in the last SA skygfx that caused the Neo reflection map to be rendered even when neo reflections weren't being used. I updated the file but didn't give it a new name.
  • Tomasak and NOskillx like this

Napoleone
  • Napoleone

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 hours ago Edited by Napoleone, 20 hours ago.

This reminded me that the night vision noise was also broken with the Overdose particle effects mod. Not sure how to fix that yet.

Have you tried grainFilter=PC in the ini?

It doesn't make a difference. Which means this is a problem with the Overdose mod. I have no idea how the effect is generated and what changes were made to it by the particle effects mod.

It's not. I have the same problem without having the Overdose mod as a particle modification.

Kind of old but I've just found that it was caused by the PS2 color filter (colorFilter=PS2).

Is there a fix or a tweak to get rid of this annoying bug without using another color filter? Thank you.

(Screenshot is : http://i.imgur.com/4Prb3Ic.png)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users