Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:03 AM

Now that Forza Motorsport 6 was announced, and GT7 on the horizon.. I can't wait for the new NFS title to be unveiled. All of this hype is driving me crazy.
  • AboveAndBeyoncé likes this

Suzuki Azure Vulpine
  • Suzuki Azure Vulpine

Paleto Bay's Resident Blue Vixen

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:06 PM

I wish they'd make an HD remake of UG 2. The best NFS ever. The Run and Rivals weren't really something. Bring back illegal street racing EA!

Here I am still waiting for the HD remake of High Stakes, that will never happen, I want the late 90s to early 2000s back.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

Now that Forza Motorsport 6 was announced, and GT7 on the horizon.. I can't wait for the new NFS title to be unveiled. All of this hype is driving me crazy.

Yeah I'm pretty excited too. I hope this NFS will be a REALLY good one with an impressive car list especially since they didn't do a NFS last year. I want to be something like NFS Most Wanted 2012 but with a larger map, more customization, and stuff to actually make you want to play it for months as opposed to just a month.
  • Android likes this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

Are you serious? MW2012 was sh*t, that's the exact opposite of what NFS should be.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

Are you serious? MW2012 was sh*t, that's the exact opposite of what NFS should be.

Arguably the best NFS since Carbon though.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

f*ck no, it's one of the worst. Third worst NFS since HP2010 and Rivals.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

f*ck no, it's one of the worst. Third worst NFS since HP2010 and Rivals.

Okay... :sigh:

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [X360]
    The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

Lol, this kid cracks me up.

I actually enjoyed the recent Most Wanted as well. It was fun to drive around and to explore and I just loved the Airport DLC. I do wish there was more deeper customization, which has been absent since like NFS Carbon.
  • Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

I actually enjoyed the recent Most Wanted as well. It was fun to drive around and to explore and I just loved the Airport DLC. I do wish there was more deeper customization, which has been absent since like NFS Carbon.

Yeah I need to try out the airport DLC. Was it really worth it?

And yeah the graphics were pretty stunning at the time too. I still think nobody can beat them when it comes to LED lighting. The lights on the cars look so crisp and realistic, even better than Forza.

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

Well, to me it was worth it. I have no idea how much that particular DLC costs, but if its $10 or under, I would say it's pretty worth it.
  • Scaglietti likes this

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

aren't you like, 12?

anyways need for speed sucks and has sucked since the underground days.  To me its sucked since the Hot Pursuit days really.  Need For Speed High Stakes, and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit III were the best games in the series, IMO. Underground and Underground 2 were good as well.  Carbon was basically NFS Most Wanted reskinned.  the rest of NFS games sucked.  Just like how Burnout wasn't worth a chit after burnout 2.  

Atlantica.. ahhh.. the memories !! I guess video games just dont touch me like they used to.  last 5 years i haven't come across one game that's made me say WOW, this is AWESOME!

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

And you are?

FYI, I'm 14, going to be 15. I know for a fact that lazy boy acts like a child way too often for his age. He acts out when people have different opinions than him and he gets all scared when you confront him. 

NFS hasn't sucked since the NFS series, I think the whole Simulation era kinda ruined their chances at making a decent game or two.. the sim type sh*t isn't something easy to compete with, which is why nobody really bought or enjoyed the Shift series.

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

When you say And you are?, I'm not sure if you're asking my age or who i am, in age i've got a good 10 years on you and on who i am, I'm dreadluxx, duh. i dont care who acts like what - i remember seeing in a different post you put your age, and to me it's funny in a hypocritical way for a 14 year old to call someone else a child.  

Anyways, i digress.  While it's true that simulation games are hard to compete with, even back then i felt like NFS wasn't that great anymore.  NFS Underground came out in 2002 UDG2 in 2004, and NFS Most Wanted in 2005, if my memory serves me correctly.  by 2005, when i first played MW i knew something was off.  I played the game but never thoroughly enjoyed it.  from that point on, i barely blinked an eye at any NFS game.  I was still playing NFS High stakes in 2008 on my PC - (the very same disc i had when it came out in what, 99?) but hadn't enjoyed a console NFS since Underground II.

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

You sound like you're one of those people who think they know everything but it ends up that they don't. I never posted a different age before, sorry to disappoint you. Yes, sure, it's hypocritical, but you really need to look at his posts. Most of the things I say about him are in fact true.

Since NFS didn't release last year, I sure hope they're putting tons of work into this game to make it the best. My last favorite had to be Hot Pursuit from 2010. Rivals was sh*t, and so was "The Run" (what a terrible name, btw). I have high expectations.

• Scaglietti likes this

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

You sound like you're one of those people who think they know everything but it ends up that they don't. I never posted a different age before, sorry to disappoint you. Yes, sure, it's hypocritical, but you really need to look at his posts. Most of the things I say about him are in fact true.

Since NFS didn't release last year, I sure hope they're putting tons of work into this game to make it the best. My last favorite had to be Hot Pursuit from 2010. Rivals was sh*t, and so was "The Run" (what a terrible name, btw). I have high expectations.

Im not trying to argue, but you misunderstand.  I didnt say you posted that you were 12.  But I know you posted, somewhere, that you were 14.  if not, then how did i know that you were a kid? am i supposed to be some sort of physic?  get real. you posted it somewhere on here or else i would have never known.  I dont give a chit about how he acts, most people here act like that, my comment wasn't towards him it was towards you.  It wasn't an insult, just the hypocrisy made me laugh.  Leave it at that.

and i dont think having high expectations for an EA game is such a good idea.  Make it the best.. ehh.. maybe.  More like rehash a bunch of stuff and make it as shiny as they can to attract the "oooohh.. Ahhhhh" crowd and make a bunch of money.  EA was a good company, some 15 years ago.  Not sure what happened with that.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:41 PM Edited by Sting4S, 17 January 2015 - 09:06 PM.

FYI, I'm 14, going to be 15.

LOL I thought you were 16 or 17?

Misanthrope Z
  • Misanthrope Z

Off is the direction in which I wish you would f*ck.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

ITT: people yelling at each other and one pretentious nerd whose opinion shouldn't matter due to likely not touching a single NFS game released before 2005

Misanthrope Z
  • Misanthrope Z

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:08 PM Edited by Pegassi Autobot, 17 January 2015 - 09:12 PM.

Anyways, i digress.  While it's true that simulation games are hard to compete with, even back then i felt like NFS wasn't that great anymore.  NFS Underground came out in 2002 UDG2 in 2004, and NFS Most Wanted in 2005, if my memory serves me correctly.  by 2005, when i first played MW i knew something was off.  I played the game but never thoroughly enjoyed it.  from that point on, i barely blinked an eye at any NFS game.  I was still playing NFS High stakes in 2008 on my PC - (the very same disc i had when it came out in what, 99?) but hadn't enjoyed a console NFS since Underground II.

SOMEWHAT agree with you

only thing i disagree with is when the game started going downhill (though the time i think it started going downhill isnt very far from when you thought it was suffering)

to me, Carbon was the very last good Need for Speed game. after that, it sort of went to sh*t. but still to this day, i still think nothing beats Underground 2. to me, that game was amazing for it's time. in fact, i'd settle for a simple HD remake of NFSU2 to be honest.

but ya'll gotta keep in mind, these titles are different from each other and DO play differently. i don't see the entire franchise as being sh*t, i see certain titles under the franchise being sh*t while the actual good ones get neglected

Underground isnt Hot Pursuit

Most Wanted isnt Rivals

ProStreet isnt Undercover

not arguing, just stating the way i see it

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:54 PM

SOMEWHAT agree with you

only thing i disagree with is when the game started going downhill (though the time i think it started going downhill isnt very far from when you thought it was suffering)

to me, Carbon was the very last good Need for Speed game. after that, it sort of went to sh*t. but still to this day, i still think nothing beats Underground 2. to me, that game was amazing for it's time. in fact, i'd settle for a simple HD remake of NFSU2 to be honest.

but ya'll gotta keep in mind, these titles are different from each other and DO play differently. i don't see the entire franchise as being sh*t, i see certain titles under the franchise being sh*t while the actual good ones get neglected

Underground isnt Hot Pursuit

Most Wanted isnt Rivals

ProStreet isnt Undercover

not arguing, just stating the way i see it

agreed, the reason why i didnt like carbon is because it felt too much like MW..  MW wasn't horrible, its just not really what i saw as a NFS game.  I'm going as far to say that NFS Hot pursuit III and NFS High Stakes were my favorite NFS games, with Underground and Underground II being second.  Does anyone here remember NFS Porsche Unleashed?  I know some of the young ones here will have no clue.. i guess NFS is a series that's changed up a LOT over the years, unlike some titles that stay somewhat in line with their roots.

and while i'm keeping what you said in mind, you also got to remember that EA isn't the same company they were in the 90's.  

Misanthrope Z
  • Misanthrope Z

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

and while i'm keeping what you said in mind, you also got to remember that EA isn't the same company they were in the 90's.  

this goes for most companies sadly

they either get better or get worse

EA just straight up sh*t the bed

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

#YardOn

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:12 AM

Most Wanted (2012) is underrated because it carried the name (and the weight to live up to) what is arguably one of the, if not the, best game in whole franchise. But, when you look at it, it's Burnout Paradise, only with licensed cars. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, since I freaking love Burnout Paradise. It just didn't live up to all the hype-mashed-with-nostalgia when they announced the game's title.

And that's my fear if the new Need for Speed is named "Underground."

But still, after what I've seen in the last few games, I'm thinking this gonna be good.

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:58 AM

Well, to me it was worth it. I have no idea how much that particular DLC costs, but if its $10 or under, I would say it's pretty worth it.

The dlc is 14.99 and it's pretty fun well worth it.. It has lots of jumps too

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:19 AM

It just didn't live up to all the hype-mashed-with-nostalgia when they announced the game's title.

You know this would be understandable if the developers were Rockstar or some other well received company but it's EA, people should know what to expect. Especially when it comes to NFS, a series that has been relatively poorly received since Carbon.

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

I just kinda had a thought.. If it is some sort of "Underground" based game, I feel there's going to be a greater influence of recent trends. Trends such as stance, drifting, rocket bunny, and sticker bomb decals, just to name a few. 

Probably never gonna happen, though.

Misanthrope Z
  • Misanthrope Z

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:47 PM Edited by Pegassi Autobot, 18 January 2015 - 11:48 PM.

I just kinda had a thought.. If it is some sort of "Underground" based game, I feel there's going to be a greater influence of recent trends. Trends such as stance, drifting, rocket bunny, and sticker bomb decals, just to name a few. 

Probably never gonna happen, though.

i'd actually find it pretty cool if they added stancing. it'd go well with the many bodystyling options Underground 2 had.

as for drifting, it's always been a thing. it's not so much a recent trend, as it dates back to the 1970's (maybe even earlier), being introduced by Japanese racers. hence drifting being a popular technique in the JDM culture (stancing as well)

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:32 AM Edited by lazy., 19 January 2015 - 12:34 AM.

Sticker bomb isn't an underground trend lmao

Drifting isn't a trend either it's been around for decades. But for next nfs i wnt drift tuning and appropiate cars and courses, not some sh*tyy way of taking every coner in every car._ i'm looking at you, hp2010/mw2012/rivals.  Drifting 100mph in an ff is pathetic, how can anyone defend that?

Misanthrope Z
  • Misanthrope Z

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:38 AM

Sticker bomb isn't an underground trend lmao

Drifting isn't a trend either it's been around for decades. But for next nfs i wnt drift tuning and appropiate cars and courses, not some sh*tyy way of taking every coner in every car._ i'm looking at you, hp2010/mw2012/rivals.  Drifting 100mph in an ff is pathetic, how can anyone defend that?

nobody was, you just have an annoying habit of jumping to conclusions

drifting and powersliding slowed you down a lot in Underground (AKA, not Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted or Rivals)

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:28 AM

I know drifting was around for a while. I'm just saying it has grown a lot in popularity.

Never said sticker bombing was from underground either, learn to read. Sticker bombing is a trend.

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:05 AM

I would kill for underground 3 never mind an underground 2 reboot but my bullsh*t detector is off the charts for this one.

Who would risk getting fired from a company like Ghost, they're trying their best to make the series what it should be, who wouldn't want to be a part of that.

However if this does turn out to be true I will be over the moon, I've been waiting since 2006 for another Underground game and nothing would full that void more than an Underground 2 reboot/sequel.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:54 AM Edited by Wayne Daniels, 20 January 2015 - 04:57 AM.

NFS hasn't sucked since the NFS series, I think the whole Simulation era kinda ruined their chances at making a decent game or two.. the sim type sh*t isn't something easy to compete with, which is why nobody really bought or enjoyed the Shift series.

Are you joking? The Shift series was great, especially Shift 2: Unleashed, which I still play on a regular basic and I consider it one of the most solid racing games out there to this day. They really did an amazing job with the helmet cam. Did you actually play it? (serious question?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users