1,314 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

http://www.nfsplanet.com/en/news/6963/

Take it with a grain of salt, but it would get up my hopes for finally a good NFS again.

Undeground reboot is what we all wanted for years and I really hope they make it.

They already have more time than in the last few years, so hopefully they use that time.

• Android and ArthurLopes like this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

I wish they'd make an HD remake of UG 2. The best NFS ever. The Run and Rivals weren't really something. Bring back illegal street racing EA!

• Scaglietti, Jerome, BigJoe_1 and 2 others like this

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:51 PM

The Game Awards 2014 is coming soon, so let's wait and see :)

• Scaglietti likes this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

The original Most Wanted from 2005 was good too.  There were so many customizable options in Underground and Most Wanted, and they were the reason I played it so much.  This was back in the day when the tuner scene became mainstream thanks to Fast & Furious.

I'm excited for this.

• Scaglietti, Luismy_MMD, Z i X and 1 other like this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:36 PM

yea. This was the time when Pimp my ride was big on TV and everybody was talking about The Fast and the Furious. I remember when me and my friends were talking about those cars whenever we saw them on the streets. This was like in 7th grade or so.

Just compare the old F&F movies with the new ones. Tbh I wouldnt optical customize my car these days either. The wheels at best. Times have changed. But I would love another game about it anyways. Just more modern.

ABCDOGGY ginette
  • ABCDOGGY ginette

Screaming out cusswords like f*ck you ho

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

yea. This was the time when Pimp my ride was big on TV and everybody was talking about The Fast and the Furious. I remember when me and my friends were talking about those cars whenever we saw them on the streets. This was like in 7th grade or so.

Just compare the old F&F movies with the new ones. Tbh I wouldnt optical customize my car these days either. The wheels at best. Times have changed. But I would love another game about it anyways. Just more modern.

I'm not a fan of the V-TEC just kick in yo!!1! trend that is going around nowadays, but it seems tuning sh*tty cars is still the shiznit in 2014. I still see a fair lot (too much imo) of 96' Honda Civic with a cherry bomb exhaust.

• Ex Hellraiser likes this

NextGenerationGTA
  • NextGenerationGTA

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:26 PM

Nah, this a dream really. A similar rumour came before Most Wanted 2012 came out and look what happened. The original Most Wanted was the best racing game ever made IMO, especially in the series and Underground 1 and 2 were also crazy good. You can never trust E-bola Arts to do make a really good game let alone reboot something special like Underground.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

Nah, this a dream really. A similar rumour came before Most Wanted 2012 came out and look what happened. The original Most Wanted was the best racing game ever made IMO, especially in the series and Underground 1 and 2 were also crazy good. You can never trust E-bola Arts to do make a really good game let alone reboot something special like Underground.

The fact that they stopped the anual release already speaks for this rumor. They knew that they cant release another budget NFS. True or not, the next NFS will either ho back to its roots or will be the last one. It is the same situation as the MOH franchise. And we all know how that ended. Hopefully they learned their lesson. At least EA tries to improve. Cant say that about Ubisoft.

xtro2000
  • xtro2000

Don't worry be happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:28 AM Edited by xtro2000, 24 November 2014 - 01:45 AM.

imo The next NFS needs to be open world, more simulation. Like... you want to buy a new car ? Test drive it first in NFS. 

NFS kinda lost it's roots. Its a franchise with no more identity. There's been so many NFS genres... I think my personal favorite was Porsche Unleashed which was more simulation and Underground 2 for the car sounds, the great graphics and the customization.

I think the devs from the crew have the right idea... make a huge sandbox with great looking/feeling cars and let the players play however they want to play. Add customization options etc... and keep improving on the formula over the years without changing direction every time

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:12 AM Edited by Dbns_Finest, 24 November 2014 - 09:19 AM.

Not getting my hopes up. It'll probably be a reskinned Rivals/Hot pursuit/Most wanted but set exclusively at night. They'll probably be only Preset customisations as well.

Need for speed died for me after it turned into a Burnout/NFS hybrid. I hope Rockstar makes another Midnight Club because MC:LA was the closest thing we got to an Underground 3 game (Besides The Crew which looks and feels like it was made using a PS2 NFS engine)

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

Interesting. I hope this guy is for realz. 

That song for the trailer? Pretty hard on the ears and the rapping sound like something OG Loc would come out with.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:08 PM

Diplo makes awesome music. And this track is good too. Already can imagine a trailer with it. Lol
  • Mister Pink and YA BOY DIRT like this

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Not much of an impression...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

If it's true it better not be like NFS Rivals.It is like Battlefield 4 with cars.

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

Lol at the above post but on topic I would hope they got their heads screwed on straight but I would expect so since they've skipped a development year for more development time so I hope they make it the best NFS yet

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:02 AM

My favorite NFS games were Porsche Unleashed and Most Wanted 2005.

I'd really like to see a reboot/remake of Porsche. The game had real charm and Porsches from the oldest ones to the latest ones. The worst part is the game doesn't even run on modern systems (only up to Win 9x/Me) so I can't play even the original version (at least not until I get back to Linux as it seems it could work under Wine now).

Android
  • Android

i have the zip vile bro

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:26 AM

Boner.

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

she heals everything.

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:39 AM

Sounds pretty great.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:31 AM

so is this false?

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:57 AM

I'm thinking maybe a new ip series is good. They should take some inspirations from older Need for Speed games. A mixture of Underground and Hot Pursuit (They were the best part of the series :p). 

I like the police chases in Hot Pursuit, but I also love the Underground open world and customization. 

Features that need to come back (From what I think)

Hot Pursuit (series): I like to play as both cops and racers, it's an interesting mix

Underground (series): Bring back customization! It's a great feature and Underground was like the another source of Midnight Club.

Most Wanted (2012): A lot of songs in the game (had a pretty big soundtrack list), I think they should bring a mix of EDM, Rock, Rap, etc.

Prostreet: Now, I know I shouldn't really bring this game up, but I do like to have some type of dirt spec car in the game with the drag races. I do like drag racers they are interesting.

Hot Pursuit (2010): It would be a great mixture of a realistic-arcade type game, I think this is what made this game interesting.

Rivals: I do love the weather effects in the game, but want needs to be removed is the Autolog. Also, if I want to play single player. Why wouldn't the main menu actually pause? For me, this was problem since if I had to stop to do something else while finishing the game it would still continue the pursuit. 

Others: I think a mixture and balance with Japanese, Europeans, and American cars would be great as a lot of these racing games are lacking Japanese cars a lot. Personally, Japanese care aren't my favorite types of cars, but a balance of all 3 would be great for others. 

I think a Underground Reboot is great, but then again it would be better to have a newer Ip in the series.

Eurotrash
  • Eurotrash

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:39 PM Edited by Eurotrash, 10 December 2014 - 12:40 PM.

I wish they'd make an HD remake of UG 2. The best NFS ever.

Very funny.

Underground 2 wasn't even Need For Speed children, let alone the best one.

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

I wish they'd make an HD remake of UG 2. The best NFS ever.

Very funny.

Underground 2 wasn't even Need For Speed children, let alone the best one.

What are you talking about? That's like saying GTA Advance wasn't part of the series.

Eurotrash
  • Eurotrash

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:29 PM Edited by Eurotrash, 10 December 2014 - 03:32 PM.

What are you talking about? That's like saying GTA Advance wasn't part of the series.

Not exactly. More like saying that Saints Row IV isn't part of the (Saints Row) series, but even that comparison isn't exactly fair, at least Saints Row IV pretends it's part of the same series. But when Black Box got hold of Need For Speed they just changed it completely to meet the demands of a different consumer base and never looked back. They only used the "Need For Speed" label to boost their sales.

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:00 AM

Sorry not about Underground, but this is part of the NFS thread. A new 33 sec "gameplay" video of No Limits. Which was kinda pointless in many ways.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Its a mobile game anyways. But looks a bit like Underground. So hopefully the actual NFS 2015 will really be a reboot.
  • hvcciookay and AboveAndBeyoncé like this

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

Its a mobile game anyways. But looks a bit like Underground. So hopefully the actual NFS 2015 will really be a reboot.

It should be a new IP, with heavy influence from Underground series and Hot Pursuit series. I love both of those series, but Ghost Games needs to mix up variety of cars and music which would be great. A new open world map would be great also with multiple cities and diverse environment. 

Android
  • Android

i have the zip vile bro

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:58 AM

Lol, that song is also from NFS ProStreet, IIRC.. and that game looks so generic. I'd rather play Asphalt 8.

• GTA_fear likes this

Android
  • Android

i have the zip vile bro

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:28 PM

Also, we should be expecting NFS at E3 later this year in June. I can't wait to see how it looks.
  • Scaglietti likes this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

+1 for customisation, that f*cking drifting should f*ck off though, why does everyone like it?

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

The less you talk, the cooler you sound.

• Mountain Bike Society
  • Egypt

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

+1 for customisation, that f*cking drifting should f*ck off though, why does everyone like it?

1: drift races are a thing

2: it's nice to have ways to take curves and sharp turns that aren't simply slowing down and speeding back up after the curve ends

3: some just find it stylish

however the drifting mechanics in recent NFS games suck horse dick. i'd like the drifting/powersliding to go back to the way it was in Underground 2. the physics felt perfect in that game, seeing as it's an arcade racer.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

Would be cool but the guy is obviously bullsh*tting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users