Quantcast

» «
Photo

¿Why so much hate on GTA San Andreas Remastered?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic
Gtaultimatefanboy
  • Gtaultimatefanboy

Off-topic Hater.

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

I dont get it i thought that port of the Mobile was great :(

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:10 AM

One big reason I think is because a bunch of songs were removed, I think.

• lol232, Octane, Spadge and 2 others like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:17 AM

All Rockstar did was give a nice shiny appearance to vehicles and updated character details. You'd think they would have spent more time updating draw distance, building details, adding different features to Transfender, gosh the possibilities were tremendous with this, especially since it's the 10th anniversary. But no, it was likely a corporate decision that devs focused on V for next gen consoles and San Andreas was put on the back burner, thus only 80%, if that, was completed and finalised.
So my thoughts are that either Rockstar head office wanted to at least put something on the market for GTA SA and they messed up, no.2 they needed a dedicated team of guys (preferably the original devs) to work on updating the graphics more, I believe more employees were required for GTA V so SA was put on the back burner and they didn't get it finished. No.3 Finally it was a corporate decision by Rockstar to just get it out there on the market because the s**t would hit the fan if nothing came out for the 10th anniversary and us, the gamers, would think R* doesn't give a s**t about the 10th anniversary, so they released this half completed version.
  • Kamd and WhiteLines like this

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

They should've had another studio do a complete remake for the entire 3D era. These "remasters" feel like lazy ports rather than unique experiences. These graphics have aged well, but that won't last for long. Plus, there are features from the current games that would enhance the 3D series.

• Daniel879 and MythAlex like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

The problem with 'enhancing' graphics is that if they updated it too much, it would lose its original feel so then San Andreas starts becoming something else and loses that original San Andreas style.
It would be like converting it to IV graphics. It wouldn't do the game justice.
Don't get me wrong, I've seen ENB Beta version of San Andreas using ICenhancer although it looks nice, it loses the originality and looks like IV.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

ThinkPad is love

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

X360 version still has less draw distance than PC vanilla at max settings.
Also to mention bad vehicle handling, bad non-cutscene audio quality, cut songs, too shiny characters...

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Hobbly driving, lag, misplaced cars, force closes, black screens of death...

JeffersonCJ
  • JeffersonCJ

GTA San Andreas/IV/V Lover

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:34 PM

In my opinion, Remastered version is not bad, but it needed more development to look great. Graphics is good, but not enough good to be HD version of GTA San Andreas.

Also, about Soundtrack, Rockstar could add a newer songs (from 2004 most), regardless the game is set in 1992.

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:19 PM

In my opinion, Remastered version is not bad, but it needed more development to look great. Graphics is good, but not enough good to be HD version of GTA San Andreas.

Also, about Soundtrack, Rockstar could add a newer songs (from 2004 most), regardless the game is set in 1992.

That'd suck. Nobody would listen to that.
And it won't happen anyways

Nudg3r
  • Nudg3r

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:23 PM Edited by Nudg3r, 23 November 2014 - 01:24 PM.

And that will just ruin our precious GTA SA universe!

Jioyt 123
  • Jioyt 123

Shop Steward

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:19 PM

UuuGgh nothing to do....... Boring..... Really hard acheivements...
Jk! Its awsome! Easy (to easy) acheivements (for the hunters/whores) alot more fun since the graphics are alot less blurrier (though, that may just be my ps2 on my tv).
The only thing i dont like (and dont care about anymore as im only in it for the money..... Acheivements nowadays.) is that the game would have small lag spazms somewheres, and near roads that are used alot by the player.

SLUMPUSSY
  • SLUMPUSSY

Boss

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

I know, I mean those bugs that render missions impossible aren't a problem or anything.

Spadge
  • Spadge

Hoochie Coochie Man

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

Ah yeah, what songs were removed ? 0_o

Nights744
  • Nights744

jochuan - Never forget!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:48 PM Edited by Nights744, 23 November 2014 - 10:54 PM.

Ah yeah, what songs were removed ? 0_o

Everything licensed by UMG, WMG and BMG. I don't buy any major label music anymore! They want far too much and these companies also have dirty deeds of making money apart from music. Rockstar has every right to remove the music from their games. I am on their side. GTA3 was the best way of having a great soundtrack. Just having their own music and bands ingame. They should go back to that.

So no 2Pac, Black Harmony, Ozzy Osbourne or Joe Cocker anymore:

http://www.kotaku.co...angers-players/

Buy games from Rockstar and music from independent labels. There is still good music out there. They need to learn that they can't betray their customers!

Edit:

Some Steam users are idiots

Alexander
  • Alexander

where's my fccing son

• The Yardies
  • Venezuela

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:44 AM Edited by AlexanderS4, 24 November 2014 - 03:47 AM.

Yes^

I mean, songs like these:
Spoiler

were so cool. Besides, those bugs are annoying and to me makes R* look like they're slowly forgetting their customers and focusing more on throwing sh*t with GTA written on the front just to get quik money.
(Just my opinion, don't get mad y'all port fans)

E:
@Nights: They really think they'll win? And why they can't re-add the songs? What a waste of time.
  • Kamd and The Deadite like this

ThisIsMyUsername2
  • ThisIsMyUsername2

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:36 AM

Honestly I quite liked the port, but then again the only previous experience with San Andreas was with the PS2 version. My only real downside is all the audio glitches, like songs skipping on the radio stations, and audio just completely disappearing during some cut scenes. Apart from that, I really like it, and the updated visuals are great. 

• Algonquin Assassin and Awesom-0 like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:02 AM

Honestly I quite liked the port, but then again the only previous experience with San Andreas was with the PS2 version. My only real downside is all the audio glitches, like songs skipping on the radio stations, and audio just completely disappearing during some cut scenes. Apart from that, I really like it, and the updated visuals are great.

Pretty much this. I've been playing it for the last week or so and the most annoying things are the audio drops outs.

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

Abandoned account. Mostly

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

because it was basically the mobile version on XBOX 360.

TekUltra
  • TekUltra

Grove Street 4Life

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:42 AM Edited by TekUltra, 02 December 2014 - 03:44 AM.

Because people don't want new graphics, just want to have the San Andreas atmosphere back.
Who played gta sa on ps2 know what i'm saying
  • thehambone likes this

Kane49
  • Kane49

The Original Balla OG / a.k.a. ~iiCriminnaaL

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

It was filled of bugs and glitches.

PS2's edition is the real deal, homie, you can feel the game as you're supposed to do there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users