• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

Looking good! Gonna' make the New New Beetle? (And perhaps the VW Microbus as a bonus car?)
-VW bus-

If they wanna do that, they're more than welcome to use my Camper edit. It's a lot closer to the original VW bus compared to the SA Camper.

• Blastoise1994 likes this

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:00 AM Edited by Freakorama, 14 December 2014 - 06:05 AM.

Appreciate the comments guys. :)

Hey it's the original futurama_freak! glad to see you here, your NNY mod is a little bit of an inspiration for why i contribute to this one: i liked the idea of a proper futurama map TC ever since seeing your LC-edited NNY mod waay back.

About the size of the map: it will be about the size of portland, small enough so that it doesn't take forever to finish creating but large enough that it's not boring to drive around. :^: The layout looks like a very slimmed-down version of midtown/lower manhattan based on top-down images inside the show but we'll cram as many futurama locations into the map as we can.

I'm glad you chose that size. The mistake I made when i was making my mod was trying to convert an entire city, and that's just not feasible for a small team project.

I still have (and recently updated) the entire the Planet Express interior modeled and the weapons from the Futurama video game recreated.

Plus models of Fry, Leela, Bender, Farnsworth and Zoidberg all recreated from "how to draw" guides from the Futurama DVDs.

BnokaCc.jpg

QawcGlz.jpg

T23Xgkw.jpg

If you guys want it, you can have it.

Spoiler

• Platinum Card, DK22Pac, Cautious and 7 others like this

Cautious
  • Cautious

I'll Put A Bulletproof Vest On And Shoot Myself In The Head

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

@FreaKorama
Thats awesome, and i'm sure we can make good use of those models, if you could link me in a private message that would be fine :) 

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

I'll package it up and send it over when I can.

Tell you what, if you guys make a lot of progress with the mod and you need some authetnic Futurama artwork for billboards/loading screens/etc.

I can whip up any drawings you need. But only if it's nearing completion, cause I don't want to draw a bunch of stuff and just have it be scrapped.

Here's a sample:

tumblr_ngkol4cJT11shnj3zo1_1280.png

• Platinum Card, Cautious, Blastoise1994 and 1 other like this

Cautious
  • Cautious

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:44 PM Edited by Cautious, 14 December 2014 - 01:46 PM.

In game Picture, new weapon and the vehicle is in game Thanks to frank :D 

33vntp3.png

@FreaKorama deal :D awesome art work by the way, more than happy for you to help us further on in the project 

• Tomasak, Jinx., TJGM and 2 others like this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

Question. Do you enter that new vehicle by opening a door or do you jump in like you do with the Feltzer?

• undertaker fan likes this

Cautious
  • Cautious

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

Question. Do you enter that new vehicle by opening a door or do you jump in like you do with the Feltzer?

Hops over, and to get out opens the door, there is a door there, its just blended in really well :D 

• ClaudX likes this

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:40 PM Edited by Freakorama, 14 December 2014 - 02:43 PM.

I'm liking how the streets are looking in game. Very true to the show's style.

• Jinx. likes this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

my nama jeff

• Facade Corporation
  • None
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

Looks pretty good! Looking foward to more progress. :D

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

The Golden Void speaks to me...

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

I remember the one episode with green Pacer-styled vehicle. So, I hope you'll add a Rhapsody to this mod. :D

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

I remember the one episode with green Pacer-styled vehicle. So, I hope you'll add a Rhapsody to this mod. :D

Listen to that baby purr.

There's a baby in there, huh?

• Frank.s likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

Hey it's the original futurama_freak! glad to see you here, your NNY mod is a little bit of an inspiration for why i contribute to this one: i liked the idea of a proper futurama map TC ever since seeing your LC-edited NNY mod waay back.

About the size of the map: it will be about the size of portland, small enough so that it doesn't take forever to finish creating but large enough that it's not boring to drive around. :^: The layout looks like a very slimmed-down version of midtown/lower manhattan based on top-down images inside the show but we'll cram as many futurama locations into the map as we can.

I'm glad you chose that size. The mistake I made when i was making my mod was trying to convert an entire city, and that's just not feasible for a small team project.

I still have (and recently updated) the entire the Planet Express interior modeled and the weapons from the Futurama video game recreated.

Plus models of Fry, Leela, Bender, Farnsworth and Zoidberg all recreated from "how to draw" guides from the Futurama DVDs.

[pics]

Spoiler

Christ that looks good. Just one thing, are the textures mipmapped?

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:18 PM Edited by Platinum Card, 14 December 2014 - 03:18 PM.

Looks like a really awesome project. Would be even better with missions involved if the map is ever completed. Love your art work btw @Freakorama. Was a really big fan of the animated series. 

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:43 PM Edited by Freakorama, 14 December 2014 - 03:43 PM.

[pics]

Spoiler

I'm not exactly sure what that means but I guess not?

It was all made for Vice City.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

[pics]

Spoiler

I'm not exactly sure what that means but I guess not?

It was all made for Vice City.

Mip mapping means that a texture with any given resolution, let's say 512x512 will go all the way down to 1x1. Depending on how far you are away from the texture, it will determine which resolution is best, while maintaining quality and performance.  Vice City doesn't use this system afaik, but SA does.

Example of a mip mapped texture

• TJGM likes this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

The Golden Void speaks to me...

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

I've an idea for mod's creators: adding new radio stations, beacuse listening to 90's west coast rap/country/another-not-fitting-kind-of-music in 31st century sounds very weird. :(

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:13 PM Edited by TJGM, 14 December 2014 - 10:18 PM.

Moved to the Total Conversions subforums as this mod seems pretty much like a Total Overhaul. (we put those in the tc subforum :p)

Mip mapping means that a texture with any given resolution, let's say 512x512 will go all the way down to 1x1. Depending on how far you are away from the texture, it will determine which resolution is best, while maintaining quality and performance.  Vice City doesn't use this system afaik, but SA does.

Example of a mip mapped texture

Vice City can use mipmapping, except only one tool supports it which is DK22Pac's WTD2TXD converter.

A better example of mipmapping if you ask me.
mipmapping-egz.png
  • Cautious, undertaker fan and universetwisters like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

...beacuse listening to 90's west coast rap/country/another-not-fitting-kind-of-music in 31st century sounds very weird. :(

Then what would fit the 31st century? If anything, just keep all the old music and say it's classical like that one episode.

G The Generous
  • G The Generous

Hibernating

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:09 AM

amazing project! I still remember playing NNY mod, it was so fun but too bad the mod wasn't fully finished. can't wait to blasting GTA SA in full Futurama style

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:52 AM Edited by Freakorama, 16 December 2014 - 02:53 AM.

Just sent over all my Futurama assets.

Make some magic happen!

• Frank.s, Cautious, undertaker fan and 1 other like this

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

All looks neato.

For vehicles IMCDB is always useful:

http://www.imcdb.org...0-Futurama.html

Of course, it's incomplete so we need to look around. Hmm, it's been a while since I went rewatching Futurama...

Maybe some of these can be found around the internet and modified with the permission of their authors.

• Cautious and Ivan1997GTA like this

Cautious
  • Cautious

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

This Project will still be worked on once my laptop is repaired, all files are backed up, I'm using my brothers laptop as a temp until mine comes back. so expect more progress soon..

• PowerKracker likes this

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

Good to hear. I can't wait to hear more progress, it's been a while.

With the bump and all, there's one more thing I'd like to suggest with the vehicles: I assume that all the hovercars function just like regular old cars for gameplay reasons, so there should be some hovercopters added for aerial use (in the show, they are completely reduntant and function identically to the hovercars existing only for comical purposes, but here they should have a neat little purpose).

DOOP_Heli_1.png

• Cautious and Ivan1997GTA like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

Well, this is a novel concept. I like the Planet Express interior. :)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:28 PM Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 12 May 2015 - 05:18 PM.

I hate saying this, but, how's the progress going? Is your laptop fixed now?

Roxie
  • Roxie

Your Homie

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:39 PM

Looking nice  :evilgrin:

Niehski
  • Niehski

Think Different

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:31 AM

Woah, a bump after one and a half year.
But seriously, is this project still being worked on?
  • Z i X, Ivan1997GTA and The_Human like this

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:53 AM Edited by Frank.s, 29 January 2017 - 03:02 AM.

Still have the Dev files but Cautious is focused on more non-mod related things in his life atm (not sure if i should mention what that means specifically ;) )

Development stopped a while ago but i might fire up a copy of the mod and post some pics, that doesn't mean im promising any new progress but if Cautious is ok with the current mods files being released then i don't see why not. It would serve as a good base to make the futurama locations and stick 'em in the road-map i made. I made a road layout like the one seen in certain scenes of Futurama so it portrays New New York as a R* styled slimmed-down version suitable for a game map. Currently the buildings and the first vehicle is made by Cautious and i did the map's roads (i will include the template T + X junctions and straight roads so anyone can make more Futurama style streets easily for map expansion if anyone else decides to work on this.

• turbocharger, Ivan1997GTA and BobFromReboot like this

Cautious
  • Cautious

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

Frank, hey buddy, i have sent you a message on skype, maybe we can continue this mod, hit me up when you get a chance, its awesome to hear you still have the files!

• Frank.s and Ivan1997GTA like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Playa

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:54 AM

Aw this looks freaking awesome. Love how it's so cartoony!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users