Photo

The GTA V Secrets and Mysteries Hunt

7,544 replies to this topic
Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:40 PM Edited by Soulshroude, 11 September 2017 - 06:43 PM.

"Maybe the final DLC will be apocalyptic. Wouldn't that be some sh*t? Here's one third of the scrapped SP DLC, and look, we have conveniently destroyed the map of souther SA so everybody is forced to move on to RDR2.

They wouldn't, would they...?" ~AUScowboy~

I wouldn't put it passed them, no. An eager wait for both RDR 2 and GTA 6.
  • AUScowboy likes this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Also, what's the thing with the pirate map?

It's a new tattoo they added.

GQFO4dt.jpg

Yooooo this has to mean something
  • Iroquois and Soulshroude like this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:57 PM Edited by polaris23, 19 September 2017 - 11:57 PM.

What do you guys think of this? It was found on Reddit first:

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

I'm done with this sh*t

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:14 PM Edited by Good Hombre, 22 September 2017 - 05:20 PM.

^ It's just a bug or something, I've seen the same lights under a barber shop.

What about this ''swamp creature''? Found it on Reddit too.

• Iroquois, joel15cat and Soulshroude like this

killso
  • killso

When this baby hits 88Mph you're gonna see some serious sh*t

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:35 PM

These lights under the map are the stars in the sky, since the sky is a dome, you can also see them under the map. 

• joel15cat likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

im sorry if im not supposed to post this here. i dont know where else to put it. but i found a cool little reference to one piece. i was listening to non stop pop recently and the dj said something interesting.

"I just love Vinewood! The sun shines, the people think I'm intelligent because of my accent, and everybody pretends to like you. It's like a toy town run by some smiling psychopath."

if you dont know what its referring to i will explain. in one piece there is an island the crew visits called dressrosa. the island is ruled by an evil king doflamingo. and he smiles a lot. and one of his crew members is able to turn people into living toys. it was a crazy part in the story. i thought it was very cool. does anybody know what im talking about?

• StangOne50 likes this

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

To keep this thread from becoming "stagnant", anyone willing to go through all 200+ pages amd write down a list of all "easter eggs" dealing with this Mural Mystery, thus far?

This list may remind us of something and/or put us on a fresh path, so to speak...

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

Wow! I'm surprised you guys are still at it. I kinda fell out of the loop when I sold my game a while back. I just randomly thought about the mystery hunt and figured I'd check on what I've missed. Good to still see some familiar names.

Speaking of familiar names... What's this about that pirate map tattoo? Is X still lurking here?
  • Soulshroude likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:25 AM

Wow! I'm surprised you guys are still at it. I kinda fell out of the loop when I sold my game a while back. I just randomly thought about the mystery hunt and figured I'd check on what I've missed. Good to still see some familiar names.

Speaking of familiar names... What's this about that pirate map tattoo? Is X still lurking here?

The tattoo was added to online with the smugglers run update. Nothing has come of it yet.

Have not seen Mr.X

• Soulshroude likes this

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:46 AM

The tattoo was added to online with the smugglers run update. Nothing has come of it yet.

Have not seen Mr.X

Is that X on the tattoo map near the UFO crash Smugglers Run mission? 

• Eram and Soulshroude like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Have not seen Mr.X

Is that X on the tattoo map near the UFO crash Smugglers Run mission? 

We dont know. There was a couple overlays and theories posted on reddit but thats about it.

Also saw Mr. Ogg posted a cryptic msg on instagram...

"Maybe to be powerful is to be fragile. #aiweiwei ....or the cracked egg gathers no moss?"

• Eram, Fran_Halen and Soulshroude like this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:42 PM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 30 September 2017 - 03:04 PM.

Also saw Mr. Ogg posted a cryptic msg on instagram...

"Maybe to be powerful is to be fragile. #aiweiwei ....or the cracked egg gathers no moss?"

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Ai_Weiwei

The first part is a direct quote from an activist.

The second quote is a modified old proverb: 

'' A rolling stone gathers no moss is an old proverb, credited to Publilius Syrus, who in his Sententiae states, People who are always moving, with no roots in one place or another, avoid responsibilities and cares. As such, the proverb is often interpreted as referring to figurative nomads who avoid taking on responsibilities or cultivating or advancing their own knowledge, experience, or culture ''

https://en.wikipedia...gathers_no_moss

In the context of a cracked egg ( or Chiliad mystery ), it could mean that people stuck on trivial matters like pursuing a non-existing mystery just want to avoid advancing their own knowledge , experience or culture.

He might also be implying that people still spamming his twitter account about cracked egg and jetpacks are simply mentally ill.

'' In psychiatry
Because it is so well known, this saying is one of the most common proverbs used in psychological tests for mental illness, particularly schizophrenia, to look for difficulty with abstraction. ''

having started to look into this mystery roughly one year ago , i can't even express how much my knowledge advanced since then. Cinematography , Game creation ,  Programming , Writing , Religion , Symbology , Business management and History. Too many subjects to name them all here. I moved on a long time ago but it's always fun to come back and learn more things.

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:48 PM Edited by Soulshroude, 30 September 2017 - 04:53 PM.

Or the quote, "GTA" style could be insisting that stagnant players who give up too easily, go nowhere fast when the "Occam's Razor" effect is in play. The simplest solution has not been reasoned, yet.

"Nothing is to be gained by floundering about at random" ~Dahlia Gillespie, Silent Hill
  • AUScowboy likes this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:37 PM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 30 September 2017 - 08:39 PM.

Or the quote, "GTA" style could be insisting that stagnant players who give up too easily, go nowhere fast when the "Occam's Razor" effect is in play. The simplest solution has not been reasoned, yet.

"Nothing is to be gained by floundering about at random" ~Dahlia Gillespie, Silent Hill

You seems to think that because someone like mister Ogg voice acted for a popular game like GTAV , their whole life revolves around it and that everything they share on their social media could be related to that 5 years old project. Not only that but that it would be some secret code to guide people toward a niche activity in the game which is Easter egg and mystery hunting. An activity that hardly interest anyone unless your a gamer yourself.

Occam's Razor here is to check the games files , since it's a simple program created by humans. No mystery was found , there's nothing even coming close to something like a big hidden mystery. No hidden models or textures , no dialogues , no audio. , no interiors , no cutscene , nada.

It's way simpler to check the game files and understand them. This forum got fantastic people who take a lot of their time to vulgarize everything to make it easy to understand for us common folks.

• Huffin-Puffin likes this

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

Why are you a member of this thread if you feel that way, M.D.? Your desparaging posts are becoming nightmarishly redundant...

So you think there's no mystery. Why bother others with your constant insistance for negative rebuttals?
  • StangOne50, Wanderer800, Eram and 1 other like this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:57 AM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 01 October 2017 - 12:12 PM.

Why are you a member of this thread if you feel that way, M.D.? Your desparaging posts are becoming nightmarishly redundant...

So you think there's no mystery. Why bother others with your constant insistance for negative rebuttals?

There was one mystery yes. It was solved , people moved on. R* could still be adding more Easter Eggs in-game , i'm always on the look out. I like this game and enjoy the lore.

I'm still here like a sentinel to defend the truth against people like you who enjoy lying and spreading propaganda to push their own agenda.

Ima throw you back the same question ; why are you still here considering that you're not willing to read about the game or research it ? More importantly , what do you concretely expect to find after 4 years ? 

• Huffin-Puffin likes this

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Well, there's only one option left here then - you stay out of the topic unless you want to contribute. That goes for everyone. I would say that I understand how you're personally offended that people still wish to continue looking for a mystery but... I really can't.

• Cutter De Blanc, StangOne50, Wanderer800 and 4 others like this

t-p-d-a
  • t-p-d-a

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

what do you guys think? Where is this? Does anybody know?

maxresdefault.jpg

Neickup
  • Neickup

I don't like bread.

• Members
  • France

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

I think I might have found something new. Even if I don't know if it requieres further investigation, I'll post it. 

In the mission "Dead Man Walking", Dave Norton knocks out Michael. The final posture of Michael really intriguates me.

Here :

Spoiler

We can find this posture in Tarot. The card is "The Hanged Man".

Here :

Spoiler

Knowing Rockstar and their interest for details, I don't really think this is a coïncidence.

• Eram, Fran_Halen and AUScowboy like this

Slate Mc 2
  • Slate Mc 2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

what do you guys think? Where is this? Does anybody know?

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes that's a MOD that was recently released. It's not actual R* content.

• t-p-d-a likes this

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

@M.D.

"I'm still here like a sentinel to defend the truth against people like you who enjoy lying and spreading propaganda to push their own agenda."

Hypocrite, much? Considering the pages upon pages of your theory you shoved down our throats? I refuse to be a "mark" and I'm done being subtle and polite.

@Neickup

Good find! It could be a coding feature for M. to land in that position, or a hint about M.'s future, according to the meaning of that Tarot Arcana card, yeah.
  • lydianduck, StangOne50, Eram and 3 others like this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:27 AM

@M.D.

"I'm still here like a sentinel to defend the truth against people like you who enjoy lying and spreading propaganda to push their own agenda."

Hypocrite, much? Considering the pages upon pages of your theory you shoved down our throats? I refuse to be a "mark" and I'm done being subtle and polite.

@Neickup

Good find! It could be a coding feature for M. to land in that position, or a hint about M.'s future, according to the meaning of that Tarot Arcana card, yeah.

'' The Hanged Man is one of the most mysterious cards in the tarot deck. It is simple, but complex. It attracts, but also disturbs. It contradicts itself in countless ways. The Hanged Man is unsettling because it symbolizes the action of paradox in our lives. A paradox is something that appears contradictory, and yet is true. The Hanged Man presents to us certain truths, but they are hidden in their opposites.

The main lesson of the Hanged Man is that we "control" by letting go - we "win" by surrendering. The figure on Card 12 has made the ultimate surrender - to die on the cross of his own travails - yet he shines with the glory of divine understanding. He has sacrificed himself, but he emerges the victor. The Hanged Man also tells us that we can "move forward" by standing still. By suspending time, we can have all the time in the world.

In readings, the Hanged Man reminds us that the best approach to a problem is not always the most obvious. When we most want to force our will on someone, that is when we should release. When we most want to have our own way, that is when we should sacrifice. When we most want to act, that is when we should wait. The irony is that by making these contradictory moves, we find what we are looking for. ''

http://www.learntarot.com/maj12.htm

Eram
  • Eram

LŠli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:18 AM Edited by Eram, 04 October 2017 - 03:31 AM.

To keep this thread from becoming "stagnant" -snip-

md has been doing an awesome job on keeping it alive ;)

Wow! I'm surprised you guys are still at it. -snip-

Hey Can, glad to see you're still checking ;)

Edit - Posted before, hopefully will not be considered as off-topic... yet, still... what a ride, so far...  ;) :

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:36 PM Edited by Sanches, 05 October 2017 - 10:48 AM.

*vidya*

Can't remember the last time i've seen dark fog in this game. I really want to say that this was recorded in modded SP since there's no other proofs + he hid the radar (which can tell you if its SP or Online by the special ability bar and business blips).

Was there any more info about it on that Reddit page tho? I really wanna check this thing out but i need more intel.
Edit: I didnt notice that there are birds... This is SP.

simond1986
  • simond1986

Crackhead

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

there gonna patch it in

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

I'm done with this sh*t

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:52 PM Edited by Good Hombre, 06 October 2017 - 06:55 PM.

*vidya*

Was there any more info about it on that Reddit page tho?

Not really, a few people said they saw something there as well.

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

Can i have that Reddit page please?

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

I'm done with this sh*t

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

Can i have that Reddit page please?

There you go.

https://www.reddit.c..._zancudo_swamp/

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:21 PM Edited by Sanches, 06 October 2017 - 08:22 PM.

There you go.

*link*

Thank you.
I'll post a video here if i will go and investigate this sh1t.

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:33 PM Edited by Sanches, 07 October 2017 - 09:34 PM.

Anyways, i did something.
Please igonre quality and video converter watermark at the beginning. And yes i was using mods too, but they're dont add or affect any content.

• Good Hombre likes this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users