The GTA V Secrets and Mysteries Hunt

7,580 replies to this topic
Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:30 AM

I found an underwater cave on the west side of the map, and nothing happens there!!!!

triplem
  • triplem

Asshole

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

Uhh... Please define "dibbesgaming". I'm very lost and dumbfounded when it comes to the newer-ish, millennial terms.

The name of the youtube account of the video I posted. I'm asking if he IS the guy behind Dibbesgaming?

• Soulshroude likes this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:34 PM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 29 July 2017 - 06:56 PM.

How to understand Chiliad Mural :

What is the only thing that can be definitely recognized on this mural ? The platform at the top. This platform can be seen physically on the top of Mount Chiliad , with a sentence etched in the back '' Come back when your story is complete ''. ( in the game files , this sentence is located in the same texture file than the mural. )

The logic dictate that the story being mentioned above here would be the GTAV story line. The main story line itself is told through 69 main missions. From the prologue to the climax with the multiple endings.

http://ca.ign.com/wi...a-5/Walkthrough

A fiction story written using a classic form always have a beginning , a major conflict(s) , a climax and an ending , sometimes it also have a prologue to outline the backstory of the protagonist.

Let's do this for GTAV main story line using the mission names to make it easier to understand ;

Prologue: Prologue ( 2004 , M & T backstory )
Beginning: Franklin and Lamar 
Major Conflict 1: Marriage Counseling
Major Conflict 2: Mr. Philips ( First story tattoo unlock )
Major Conflict 3: Bury the Hatchet ( Second story tattoo unlock )
Climax              : The Final Mission ( Franklin's crossroad )

(Endings):             A - Kill Trevor - Something Sensible

B - Kill Michael - The Time's Come

C - Deathwish - The Third Way

What can we understand from this ? First of all , if we remove the beginning and the ending of the story line , we can find 3 major conflicts during the story. 1 for Michael and 2 for Trevor. It's very important to note that during the story line , Trevor gets only 2 tattoo unlocks related to the story line exactly during the revelation of those 2 major conflicts.

The climax is the only place in the game where you have a choice with more than 2 outcomes. It symbolize a crossroad. Only 1 ending finish with the 3 protagonists alive.

This is exactly what the mural shows us. The cannon ending of the game itself. Therefor why you can see a sentence telling you to come back after seeing the story ; you can't really understand the story without seeing it first.

The mural also give a starting point to search for the glyphs and the location / weather condition for the 100% UFO itself.

The End.

Ain't that beautiful ?

http://i.imgur.com/v7EwvWZ.jpg

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

The eye on the Mural is on the mountain also, although the number of lines differ.

The eye reminds me first, of a beacon or target to find, not of completeness..that is, until that seed was planted.

If it is a target, we see it reproduced..or its close cousin under the Observation Deck. The observation deck has the game completion phrase. Complete the game and stand on target, which is covered by an observation deck, see annoying ufo.

So why does this likely scenario come second to a story map...? It's like seeing objects in clouds...aliens in the mind.

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:31 AM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 29 July 2017 - 05:02 PM.

So why does this likely scenario come second to a story map...? It's like seeing objects in clouds...aliens in the mind.

Because it's just an empty hypothesis ignoring 90% of the mural itself. 

You can try to write your theory down. see if it holds the ground to people's refutations. Until you do that though it will always remain a vague hypothesis like it or not. :p

Why couldn't it be both scenarios ? They're not mutually exclusive.

'' THE MURAL SIMPLY REPRESENT THE STORY LINE WITH THE GOOD ENDING EXPOSED AND GIVES SOME OF THE CONDITIONS NEEDED FOR THE CHILIAD UFO TO SPAWN : Story complete ( Completeness (100%)) + Top of Mt. Chiliad location (Platform) + Weather : Lightning

• auntjeff likes this

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

I guess it could be both scenarios. 

What do you think the eye under the platform is for?   It's obviously hidden somewhat by the platform but I question what the intent is behind hiding it.  

Really all I can gather is that it is a target area to be found, to then see the ufo.  ....the inconsistency in the number of lines throws me off though, between the platform eye and the mural eye.  This though would allow me more flexibility to consider it may mean two things...your solution and the ufo easter egg solution.  Still not quite sure about it though.

• AUScowboy and Galehaut like this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:51 PM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 29 July 2017 - 06:55 PM.

....the inconsistency in the number of lines throws me off though,

Number 7 -

Numerology : http://mysticalnumbers.com/number-7/

But personally , i think that the context is important here. It's being associated with what ? The eye of providence symbol,  which is a biblical reference.

http://www.biblestud...in-bible/7.html

Genesis 2:2

'' By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.. ''

Absolute perfection , completeness , use the word in the language that you want , for me that means 100% simply. 

For the number 3 under the platform itself, i'll skip all the mumbo jumbo. For me it just represent the time condition : 3 AM. So using the mural you can actually have all the conditions to see the UFO , you don't even need the glyphs. They 'hid' it under the platform simply because it would have been way too obvious ON the platform. : P

The glyphs for me are just more clues that will bring a player to search further up the mountain if he finds them before finding the mural , taking in consideration that a lot of people like to complete a game first before spoiling themselves with the secret on the internet. ( like me ) I know that it might sound funny coming from me but people are overthinking this sometimes. :p

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

All things considered, "your" theory stands as valid (and this is quite a big stretch from me), as the one about advertising 3 dlc, multi triggering, time change, time stop (that one I did expose ;) ), Eclipse, cola's tin aliens and all those other ones, that tried to copycat mushroom's growth rate.... 

Easy to explain some natural plain stuff, after it happens... yeah, "smart" dudes tend to try to do it... Religions were even built upon this principle, ya know? ;) On a sporting's kinda approach, one could say that it's fairly easy to "guess" some game's end result, after it's finished...

All of it worth sh*t, 'till R* calls it off.

Peace out & Happy Hunt!

• AUScowboy likes this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:49 AM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 30 July 2017 - 12:50 AM.

Peace out & Happy Hunt!

You're not a fan of facts Eram , we already established that in the past. It's okay but personally i stick to the facts , it's easier to be logical and rational using facts instead of argument-less opinions. It also helps to not waste time around with opinions that are simply false. 

'' Those are fake news !! '' like a certain someone would say.

Peace out *_-;

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

I just heard trevors mom over the cb radio asking where her pills were but I did that mission a long time ago. I saved the video clip to make sure I wasnt just hearing things.

Has anyone ever noticed anything like this about his mom after she disappears?

• Crimie likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:39 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 30 July 2017 - 07:39 PM.

The CB Radio chatter seems to be random, I can't be sure though, because the police car CB radios report different crimes based on the area you're in

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

The CB Radio chatter seems to be random, I can't be sure though, because the police car CB radios report different crimes based on the area you're in

Yea I know its random but Im pretty sure this was trevors mom as the woman was specifically asking for her pills. I was in trevors truck and like I mentioned this was long after she took off.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this after completing that mission with his mom.

• Crimie likes this

HDjames1
  • HDjames1

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:54 PM Edited by HDjames1, 30 July 2017 - 08:54 PM.

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

Peace out & Happy Hunt!

You're not a fan of facts Eram , we already established that in the past. It's okay but personally i stick to the facts , it's easier to be logical and rational using facts instead of argument-less opinions. It also helps to not waste time around with opinions that are simply false. 

'' Those are fake news !! '' like a certain someone would say.

Peace out *_-;

This squabble is a moot point. Eram IS a "fan of facts", otherwise this thread wouldn't have been started.

Eram, everything is worth sh*t... till R* fixes their "players/fans" slightly broken "mystery". Or R* finally resolves things missing or decides to give actual hints to continue the suspected "hunt".
  • Crimie, Eram and AUScowboy like this

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:29 PM Edited by Eram, 31 July 2017 - 12:44 AM.

Yea I know its random but Im pretty sure this was trevors mom as the woman was specifically asking for her pills. I was in trevors truck and like I mentioned this was long after she took off.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this after completing that mission with his mom.

It happened before Stan, on old gen too, though if/when it "hits you" it kinda keeps you wondering why, doesn't it? ;)

Edit - @Soul - Nice to see you still "bothering" buddy. I've not been that regular here lately, but never forgot ;)

Just (literally!) bought a huge badass tv and can't wait to go all "Altruistic" on it :D

Some people just don't get it, do they?... My eldest was only allowed to play fetch and parachute, back in 2013. 4yrs later, she's able to drive, fly, sail, dive (with the sub, her biggest ig addiction :cool:) .... maybe soon even some honest, non-biased, opinion on the Mural will be given (no pressure ;) ), will maybe show me new places to go and different ways of interpreting sh*ts. 

Quite astonishing, if one really thinks about it, mainly considering that 4yrs are gone, millions of games were released meanwhile, but this SP one (AH!) is still somehow weirdly captivating...  (hire me now R*, why don't you? :D)

• StangOne50, Crimie and Soulshroude like this

Pink Pineapple
  • Pink Pineapple

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

THE MURAL SIMPLY REPRESENT THE STORY LINE WITH THE GOOD ENDING EXPOSED AND GIVES SOME OF THE CONDITIONS NEEDED FOR THE CHILIAD UFO TO SPAWN : Story complete ( Completeness (100%)) + Top of Mt. Chiliad location (Platform) + Weather : Lightning

That's just a guess and it seems really forced. The only part that makes sense with your theory is the top of the mural. The top 2 boxes with the Xs where it forks - you have to choose the right path or you hit a dead end.

The problem is everything below that point doesn't make any sense with your theory. What's the point of the other boxes with the Xs? Why include them when there is no choice to be made like the endings? You can't choose another route. The top 2 boxes are dead ends which makes sense, but the other boxes also lead to dead ends which doesn't make sense.

The positions of the lower boxes don't make sense. The lines connecting them don't make sense. Michael as a UFO, Franklin as an egg (especially when there's an actual egg in the game), and Trevor as a jetpack feel like forced explanations.

You're trying to solve the mural from the bottom to the top, but it's possible we're supposed to be going from the top to the bottom. Maybe it's telling us we need unlock the Chiliad UFO first. Maybe it had to do with the DLCs. Maybe it all means nothing and they just threw in some random stuff to make people search for years for something that doesn't exist. We might never know.

All I know is that there is no proof that this thing has been solved.

• Cutter De Blanc, Drug Tino, StangOne50 and 3 others like this

DamianNewman929
  • DamianNewman929

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:50 AM

Where can I find the latest info about the Mt. Chilliad mystery?

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

Not here, that's for sure... try the chiliad subreddit. They have a few mega threads that will catch you up to date with ease.
  • Eram, dAfTpUnK2010 and Soulshroude like this

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

That subreddit is pretty much in detail regarding all things "mystery" wise. I think the backslash call sign is /chiliadmystery or some sh*t like that.
  • AUScowboy likes this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

So everybody, is it safe to say that the mystery, or at least a part of it has shifted over the the online segment of the game? I suppose they could still add stuff to single player, but I'm starting to doubt it. Like with locking new online vehicles and content out of single player, I also won't be surprised if the obviously teased in game mystery will be finished online. I have a bad feeling folks, let's all hope I'm wrong :/
  • Eram and Soulshroude like this

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Just wish R* would throw us another bone before or during the next quarter.
  • AUScowboy likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:38 PM

Hey guys. Does the underwater hatch still make the morse code sound on PS4?

I went there but couldnt hear the knocking sound, though there was background music and something like a drumming sound.

I remember being able to hear it on ps3.

I tried to get closer with gear and the sub but too close and I just died.

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:17 AM

Hey guys. Does the underwater hatch still make the morse code sound on PS4?

-snip-

Yep, it still does....

• StangOne50 and Soulshroude like this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

I found an underwater cave on the west side of the map, and nothing happens there!!!!

Where exactly?! How big is it? How deep is it? Can you fit a Kraken in there? DETAILS!!!!!!

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

Where exactly?! How big is it? How deep is it? Can you fit a Kraken in there? DETAILS!!!!!!

b37PkCL.jpg

Exactly there (where the icons are not the crosshair), 425 feet under the water. Not big enough to fit a Submersible, but big enough to swim into.

• StangOne50 likes this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:18 AM

b37PkCL.jpg

Exactly there (where the icons are not the crosshair), 425 feet under the water. Not big enough to fit a Submersible, but big enough to swim into.

What icons? got any pics of the cave?!

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

Um, the icons to the right of the crosshair...where my character is.

I don't have any pictures of the cave, but it's right there, you can kind of see it in the background of the picture I posted

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

What icons? got any pics of the cave?!

I had a look last night. I think Ive seen it before but still pretty cool. It was exactly 425 feet just like he said and its a very tall cave.

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

How deep? As in how far does the cave go?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:08 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 11 August 2017 - 07:30 PM.

Not exceptionally deep. It reminds me of that one cave in the Great Chaparral that you could access in last-gen. Possibly a little more shallow than that.

EDIT: On a completely different vein, I was checking out some of the locations on the GTA Myth wiki, one of which I had never heard of, the Missing Abandoned Shack. I don't know if has been mentioned in the 243 pages of this topic, but there is a sign at that location of the Topanga Walkers Trail East and West, and on the sign is a red x map marker like the ones on top of Chiliad. Seems like a weird spot to put this sign since there's no view here to speak of. Additionally, Topanga means "where the mountain meets the sea." Not sure what to make of that, if anything.

Picture of the sign:
Spoiler
  • Crimie likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users