The GTA V Secrets and Mysteries Hunt

7,082 replies to this topic
StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I read the other day that they're coming out with new content for online some new style of Racing

Yes I think it releases today actually. Its a throwback, top down view stunt races.

There has also been speculation of a gunrunning update but I have heard nothing about SP.

• belaltair and Deadman2112 like this

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Makes me think. We have first person perspective which is rarely used, as well as each protags special abilities. Isn't it or doesn't it seem odd that neither is actually used throughout the game? Kind of like taking photographs of the Monkey Murals. Shouldn't there be a point in using certain things at certain times or on certain occasions? Wasn't this R*'s point all along?
  • Eram and AUScowboy like this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Deadman2112, 4 weeks ago.

MuralDeciphered
  • MuralDeciphered

The Real Mystery Buster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by slohbur, 4 weeks ago. merged posts

Makes me think. We have first person perspective which is rarely used, as well as each protags special abilities. Isn't it or doesn't it seem odd that neither is actually used throughout the game? Kind of like taking photographs of the Monkey Murals. Shouldn't there be a point in using certain things at certain times or on certain occasions? Wasn't this R*'s point all along?

What about a key selling feature for next gen version ? What about building a complete game engine for their next game ? ( RDR2 which uses the same game engine )

I don't understand your comments. Why would they force first person on you ? It's just another option than they give you to experience the game. They were also going for a VR feeling here. First person also permits you to observe vehicles interior in online. It also helps to create an immersion feeling , something that Rockstar was going for too obviously.
merged posts

Personally, I believe that's exactly what happened with this whole mystery hunt and how it all got so screwed up and blown out of proportion.
...They create the game
...They throw in a bunch of Easter eggs that link back to Old mods or troll stories
...People who know nothing about these old throwbacks come into the game and lose their minds because they see all this cool stuff and make a million assumptions about what it could mean
Hence the reason why people keep trying to link stuff back to the mural (On the mountain), The one puzzle that I truly believe is 100% solved
...the other Puzzles (@ 100%), well that still remains to be seen in my opinion but again that's just my opinion

Let's also not forget the fact that there were many players out there who knew about these things and use them in a manner to troll other players and still continue to do so
Either way you get the result that we have now

I agree with you here. You also need to factor in the youtubers. People that benefits off all this '' trolling ''. They keep access to all mystery related forums and subs to derail them and bring people on false paths , while linking their own channels with dummy accounts.

The only way to combat all these kind of people is to stay focused on arguments and making sure to never research things based on false interpretations. ( ie : things that were already debunked by the files , like the altruists event. ) Keep spreading the real information based on facts.

However, if you don't put it into the game then you disenfranchise all of those fans and that is more than likely (In the long run) is going to hurt your bottom line

Like The statement that I made about the Cave the other day.
One member said "look, this is all this stuff means" and I said "if that's the case Rockstar screwed up and needs to remove this"
If it doesn't lead to anything all you're going to do is make your fans upset that you put this crap That leads nowhere Into your game.
That's the equivalent of trolling them and I can assure you that doesn't go over well In the long run

If you need an example just read the s*** that goes on in these forms and then you'll see Just how much and how little tolerance people have for others who troll them

Look i know that this whole thing frustrates you a lot. I think that you are a minority here. Most people don't care about that stuff and if they do care , they will still buy ALL the next Rockstar games. Are you talking about Rockstar fans boycotting one of their game ? Because we all know that '' in the long run '' , those whiners always end up buying the next game anyway just to whine about it. In the long run , they ALL buy the games anyway so Rockstar lose nothing my friend. Even bad publicity is still good for Rockstar. They always played the controversy card , so more controversy shouldn't really bother them don't you think ? : *)

I do have a quick question for the more tech-savvy People who delve into this hunt
...referring to the people who hacked into the files
You guys claimed that you found all kind of weird strings but they don't seem to be complete

Considering the fact that the game can simply update as it goes along Rather than needing all the information right then and there
...and It was also pointed out that the strings were there but they just appeared to be unfinished

...Is it remotely possible that If you solve the mystery it triggers a download And that's how something is unlocked and this was Rockstar's clever way of hiding This from everyone

I'm just throwing this out there as an idea and a possibility...
You did say that Something was there during One update then it was gone for another then they put it back in Maybe Rockstar read about the hacking going on in the game files and said...
hold up
take it out
if they do happen to stumble across it and Trigger it
We will just put it in as a download

To put it simply , yes it's '' possible ''. It's not probable or plausible at all and no evidence ever supported this idea. Also there would still need to be in-game triggers for an event to lead to such a download and nothing ever been found to support that idea either. 

Bandwidth is not something cheap to afford when it comes to millions and millions of players. You can be sure that they avoid it at all cost anytime they can. Also i could see technical issues rising about a download being triggered mid-game on old-console. My knowledge about old console is bad but i'm not even sure it would be possible to download something that would modify the game files outside of the PS3 UI during the game. So it might actually be impossible.

And I know some would say...
but why take them down?

Well if they are in fact BS, I don't want to lead someone else down a rabbit hole that doesn't end up with anything
That's what a troll does

Personally i had to do 4 complete work before i was satisfied with my analysis. If you can already refute yourself , it means that the arguments present in your work are too weak and needs to be precised. 

When you can't refute yourself anymore , that's when you go for outside feedback and look for others to refute your work. It's already good that you realize this by yourself though , high five to that.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • United-States

• Eram likes this

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'll try to help you man, I just need some time as stated before. Are you up to wait for it?

Take care, happy (future) hunt!...

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • United-States

@eram
I just don't see the point but I do want to say thanks for taking an interest

ShiningLight
  • ShiningLight

The cat whisperer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's just a micro machines looking dlc...

@ the pic..you shoulda praised him whilst you were there😉

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • United-States

Lol Yeah because this had everything to do with the photos
  • ShiningLight likes this

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Soulshroude, 4 weeks ago.

@M.D.:

FPS has been forced down peoples throats with 99% of games since the beginning (please don't make me list the games). My point is that the GTA FPS experience is a rare one, in that... Not many people actually use it throughout the game. Something is clearly afoot. Otherwise the concept is old and redundant.
  • auntjeff likes this

MuralDeciphered
  • MuralDeciphered

The Real Mystery Buster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by MuralDeciphered, 4 weeks ago.

@M.D.:

FPS has been forced down peoples throats with 99% of games since the beginning (please don't make list the games). 

Obvious troll is obvious. I think you might have an hard time understanding what an FPS is. it's a game genre simply.

'' First-person shooter (FPS) is a video game genre which is centered on gun and projectile weapon-based combat through a first-person perspective; that is, the player experiences the action through the eyes of the protagonist. The first-person shooter shares common traits with other shooter games, which in turn fall under the heading action game. From the genre's inception, advanced 3D or pseudo-3D graphics have challenged hardware development, and multiplayer gaming has been integral.

The first-person shooter has since been traced as far back as Maze War, development of which began in 1973,''

GTAV doesn't stop from being a third person shooter just because they give you the opportunity to swap in first person. Also they obviously coded this in their engine for all their next games , including RDR2 , so this work is not lost at all.

@M.D.:

My point is that the GTA FPS experience is a rare one, in that... Not many people actually use it throughout the game. 

Really ? Do you have access to metrics data that i don't know about ? How can you know how many people uses First person in GTAV ?

Moreover if you had any clue about Online , you'd know that everyone use FP for sniping and gunning. It gives you better movement capabilities while shooting.

You misinterpret everything and take your own words for facts , that's dangerous my friend , i hope you don't have any position of power.

@M.D.:

Something is clearly afoot. Otherwise the concept is old and redundant.

FPS concept is old and redundant ... ? Really ? PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND would like to have a word with you.

BiOddV1bbYl8seLmqmSar0g4bzqyizXYWSjdjyHq

Also 3 games on the top 5 are pure Online FPS's.

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Please stop referring to established forum participants as trolls.  It is unnecessary and unwanted.  Please exercise patience and restraint, self-control and an ability to curb impulsive dialogue that functions only to incite further negative, flaming replies.

The next time you start a post in that manner, I will report you.  I will also have my Mom buy me the game again, so I can prove stuffs.  You've been warned.

• Soulshroude likes this

ShiningLight
  • ShiningLight

The cat whisperer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Like a pair of bickering old women MD and Soul lol...

I tend to side with soul on most things though.

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Soulshroude, 3 weeks ago.

M.D. has a valid point. I don't play online (at all), so I have no clue how popular fps is in that area.

(ignoring the rest of M.D.'s banter)

What if fps is put into the game to give us that certain perspective to find more of what we need for the "so called" mystery? Such as has already been found that T.'s place and the conspiracy (UFO) locations in the other more obvious house?

Nothing else is mentioned regarding photo opportunities like the Monkey Murals which obviously unlock a hidden item. What else haven't we found, photo wise? Something may unlock other undiscovered items.

triplem
  • triplem

Asshole

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by triplem, A week ago.

I know we hate GTA youtubers, but this might at least spark something to talk about?

He has some theory on perhaps the blue map that came with the game might have a secret no ones seen yet hidden on it, if you burn it after sacrificing a live goat with a bottle of koolaid in your bum, or something like that. Wont kill you to check out what he's on about, it might get something going again here. *shrugs*

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Deadman2112, A week ago.

Yeah but here's the problem with the blue Maps they weren't made available to everybody
They were only made available to those Who had the collector's edition of the game
I highly doubt That They would offer this map only to a few and make a mystery revolve around that
if it was something that we were all going to find, it certainly would have nothing to do with the limited edition maps

The notion of this would imply that, you would need the limited edition version of the game In order to even have something to search for
So that leaves out almost all of us
That's going to be a pretty small audience

Just my personal opinion
  • Skorpro, Fran_Halen and Soulshroude like this

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The maps been changed since R* awkwardly made it only available to the Special Edition.

R* just needs to add it to all future releases as things are updated from 2016.

Nice post recovery...

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

I always liked how the blueprint map had safehouses you couldn't purchase marked on it. :whuh:

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Cutting buyable houses was one of the biggest mistakes of V's development... that and changing the highway around Chiliad, changing Chiliad itself, and deleting half the trees before release.

OT: someone on reddit has been going through the code involving the Altruist victims, says there doesn't seem to be any alternative outcomes. The more I see the more this all seems like cut content. The dialog is there for a second outcome at the altruist camp, the alien egg, mayan artifacts, nazi bell, jet pack strings...yet NOTHING.

And we still have people asserting that the mural and glyphs are just a pictograph for the story of the game... sorry, but B.S.

There is overwhelming evidence that there was once a massive, multi tiered mystery easter egg, and that majority of the left over content has absolutely no context within the finial version of the game. There just isn't any logical path to follow. The stuff left over is so ambiguous and random that none of it even fits together and it seems to go literally nowhere. Color me disappointed :(
  • lydianduck, Cutter De Blanc, Fran_Halen and 1 other like this

Skorpro
  • Skorpro

GTAholic

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

IMO there is more we can find... :)

Cut content? Maybe, but what is about the new added UFO?

It is possible to hide stuff (code, objects, sounds...) in the EXE files!

Until now we are able to open all packages (RPF files) with OpenIV. But there are still encrypted files into these packages...

The EXE files are "uncracked" too.

• AUScowboy likes this

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Soulshroude, A week ago.

I noticed how the Trevor/Mayan statue storyline was cut... Even when the guy (can't remember his name) let T. Into his house for a discussion and water.

Just re-add the cut content and satisfy your gamers, R*.

Regarding .RPF files, try using a program called SPARK IV. I've heard it does the trick.
  • Deadman2112 and AUScowboy like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Would it be so hard for them to add some stuff as time progresses? I mean, if only the game got periodic updates every couple of months to add content and flesh out the endgame...ffs R*.
  • Deadman2112 and Soulshroude like this

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted A week ago

I also believe the content was cut, if it was even there at all.

If this is the case, R* probably had some resources devoted to the mystery but reassigned staff when they realised that they had to delay the game - possibly placing these individuals in other, higher priority areas. This would explain why there are some remnants and vague references but nothing concrete.

As far as first-person view goes, I like it and use it when I can. It's a good option, and I like being able to flick between different perspectives, but I don't believe it is any more than that.
  • Soulshroude likes this

olliegw
  • olliegw

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

I glitched into the cabin at mt chiliad.

I found a big concrete block/box/cube right behind the door, What's that for? It must be a placeholder for something (i.e jetpack).

But the thing that don't get is that there could be an interior in mt chiliad's cabin, Interiors can be be programmed to disappear and reappear once you do something (e.g a mission).

There's also a big line in the wall opposite the mural, Like somethings scraped the wall?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 days ago

I checked out one of the doors that was supposed to be openable, but isn't. It's on Grove St. That building that is apparently always going out of business, the side door on the second story.. I checked it out in Creator mode, since some doors get unlocked that way. Turns out it's just a small empty room. Kinda weird, actually.

olliegw
  • olliegw

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

I checked out one of the doors that was supposed to be openable, but isn't. It's on Grove St. That building that is apparently always going out of business, the side door on the second story.. I checked it out in Creator mode, since some doors get unlocked that way. Turns out it's just a small empty room. Kinda weird, actually.

What door?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 2 days ago.

This door! It's missing in Creator Mode.

EDIT: Not the barred metal one
6dI1IZ3wW0KdspxgbLSFpw_0_0.jpgPerhaps the name of the store is just Closing Sale.

Soulshroude
  • Soulshroude

Pay me no mind...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

I found a big concrete block/box/cube right behind the door, What's that for? It must be a placeholder for something (i.e jetpack).

But the thing that don't get is that there could be an interior in mt chiliad's cabin, Interiors can be be programmed to disappear and reappear once you do something (e.g a mission).

There's also a big line in the wall opposite the mural, Like somethings scraped the wall?

You may want to elaborate on the "cabin" as in, location wise. Otherwise GTAForum members might conclude your post as already been debunked from the actual "already discussed chiliad elevator cube".

olliegw
  • olliegw

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

You may want to elaborate on the "cabin" as in, location wise. Otherwise GTAForum members might conclude your post as already been debunked from the actual "already discussed chiliad elevator cube".

The one on top of mt chiliad

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Yeah that's not a cabin

The cube LOL Has already been well documented and discussed
Along with all the others
That's a horse that shouldn't be beat on anymore

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users