Photo

The GTA V Secrets and Mysteries Hunt

7,082 replies to this topic
demonizer84
  • demonizer84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:38 PM

got this game today and wow what a massive improvement, iv spent most my time being a tad nostalgic and visiting areas again and just taking in the scenery. one of my first stops was the mural at chilliad , and im yet to be convinced its been ''SOLVED'' looking through forums of old etc all i see is speculation, half the things people have come up with make no sense have no real meaning and to me there is still something to be found...

and to me its the hippy camp, this absolutely screams to me that its the key to everything we are missing, theres too much going on there for it not to mean anything and the big big screamer is the hill with the slots if you like for something that match up to the mural, i dont know what or how we interact with that hill or what needs to go in there, but thats where the hunt should begin and i believe the key lies there too the answer.

• Eram, Fran_Halen, caudy and 1 other like this

caudy
  • caudy

bawbag

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

Is it a cock a doodle doo or a any cock will do lol
  • Jphunter0 likes this

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by EramVerdes, 18 November 2014 - 07:37 PM.

@demonizer - Welcome to the hunt.

The Hippy Camp/Probe Mt. was always thought to have something to do with the whole mystery. ParanioaX even contacted the people in charge of it's irl equivalent (Salvation Mt). A lot of time was spent on it, to no avail, but hell there must be something else then just some artwork!

Been checking both paper maps (OGvsNG). Though I didn't thoroughly compared them, they seem to exactly the same. The new one even displays that (thought to be) game artist's DRZ sig and the missing pier up North at Procopio Beach (I didn't yet check ig for the pier, but I saw a stream on that beach and it didn't seem to be there).

Only difference I could spot so far is that OG's map is glossy. NG's map is almost matte.

Anyone with a black (UV) light should check the paper map, just in case... 

ugk n9nedeuce
  • ugk n9nedeuce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:50 PM

I was just looking at the paper map for xbox one. If you hold it up to the light. Like you are checking if money is real. Mt Josiah and chiliad have lines that look like maps. They look way to defined to not be anything. Not sure.

DANIEL3GS
  • DANIEL3GS

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by DANIEL3GS, 19 November 2014 - 09:29 AM.

Delete please
  • Eram likes this

smilersheps
  • smilersheps

Heathen

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

@xxl - Yeah it would be pretty cool finding the Kraken, it could even swallow the kraken sub and give you trophy :p

Though we have a Dodo plane and I don't expect finding any dodo (kinda stupid extinct non-flyable bird) ig, but who knows right?

@Stridiee - That's right mate!

I don't mind though, I love scuba diving so exploring the sea again with all those new creatures out there (maybe even some monster...) it will be awesome. 

Really hope that the kraken sub can go further down than the previous sub :p

I'm probably way off base here but I am getting a similar vibe from this as I am the Trevor/peyote missions. They may or may not end up being mystery related in the way we might want, but they could be very cool additions nonetheless! 

Seeing a Kraken would really make my day!

• Eram likes this

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:23 PM Edited by Cakelover21, 18 November 2014 - 08:24 PM.

Got this from Reddit's /R/ChiliadMystery

The face on the side of Mt.Chiliad is now this:
S7ts096.jpg

lel the comments on reddit are hilarious  :lol:

but i agree, maybe its something about chickens ... maybe just maybe
On NG you can smoke a Peyote plant on the top of Mount Chilliad. It will turn you into a random animal. I think if you get the Chicken when you do that at 100% completion and go there something will go down.
  • Eram likes this

Jack188817
  • Jack188817

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

It's quite obvious R* has been reading the mystery threads on here lol

Especially with the chicken hehe
  • Eram likes this

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

I was just looking at the paper map for xbox one. If you hold it up to the light. Like you are checking if money is real. Mt Josiah and chiliad have lines that look like maps. They look way to defined to not be anything. Not sure.

Can't say that I see those lines. Can you post a pic of it?

Are you sure it's not something that's printed on the other side of the map?

@stoneb - To post pics you can just post the Social Club link. 

You can also use some website (imagur, photobucket, noelshack, etc.) to post them. This is preferable, since it also allows people that don't have a Social Club account to see them.

ugk n9nedeuce
  • ugk n9nedeuce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:10 PM

It is the other side but they seem strategically placed. It's probably a stretch. Lol just hoping for something new easter egg wise.
  • Eram likes this

iamcornholio
  • iamcornholio

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:37 PM

I doubt this is anything important, but it stood out since it was Johnny's face

a6jWnhnhGkSXOfwToTL6oA_0_0.jpg

• Eram likes this

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:44 PM Edited by EramVerdes, 19 November 2014 - 01:35 AM.

Vídeo of the huge cock glyph posted on reddit:

ghitu20
  • ghitu20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:22 PM

Is there any photo on the internet with the underwater ufo in next gen? Its there from the start of the game so someone should have posted a photo of it.

• Eram and Jphunter0 like this

stonedbazz
  • stonedbazz

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:24 PM

I don't think it's the explanation, but i suppose we have to consider every possibility................. Maybe the changed glyph is rockstar saying there is no mystery and anyone looking is a massive cock lol. 

As i said i don't think that's the case, but yeah, you never know........ As for me im gonna keep looking

stonedbazz
  • stonedbazz

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:29 PM

Oh yeah n nothing on either side of map under uv light

• Eram likes this

Stridiee
  • Stridiee

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:30 PM

A hint about " Cluckin Bell "?. Although when I saw that I thought *uckin Hell.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

negan is awsome.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:14 PM

ok guys i hope this hasent been found if it has im sorry but i was just cruising around on my sanchez in the desert going back to the sand dunes near the freeway. and i saw the circular container with alien graffiti and on top it had some weeds or plants and it also had a wooden sign i couldent see it and since i had a bike i couldent climb it so i went to the freeway stole a bison and climbed the truck and then te container. what happened next scared me for a second i looked at the sign it pointed to mt chilliad and took out my phone and zoomed in i couldent see anything but when i put the camera away i looked around me and immediatly under the container saw a engraving in the sand that was the ufo that looked like an eye i saw the mountain with an arrow i didint understand what it meant so i came here i dont have any pics sadly but its real its near the freeway in the sand dunes near the tool shop. and it wasint in the old gen because i always used to offroad there and never saw it. if anybody wants to see it ill show you on ps4.

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:20 PM Edited by EramVerdes, 18 November 2014 - 11:20 PM.

@confederate - From your discription it seems to be the sand glyph (present at the OG). 

General consensus is that it's a hint to the Sandy Shores UFO. 

Did it looked like this?

raw_sand_glyph-300x300.png

• dAfTpUnK2010, CanOdope and RayB_ThrowaStack like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

negan is awsome.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

yes thats it and it had a big container near it but i dont remember seeing it in og.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:58 PM

It was in OG. It's been discussed many time in the previous mystery threads. As EramVerdes said, general consensus is that it is meant to lead us to the SS UFO.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

negan is awsome.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:02 AM

was the container there too because i could have sworn i never saw it before and i went to the dunes everyday.

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:20 AM

there must be something important this time, R* is joking with us.

Muffins
  • Muffins

Dalto11, Muffins, its whichever.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:54 AM

Found another peyote plant, this one lets you play as a dog:

• Eram, dAfTpUnK2010, CrusherTroi and 1 other like this

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:27 AM

I finally got my game installed, codes redeemed and such. The spider web still shows up at the cable car platform at 1am. The invisible road by the lumber mill is still on the map but the area looks the same. 

• Eram and CanOdope like this

Inb4DDoS
  • Inb4DDoS

Perfectionist

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:59 AM

codes redeemed 

Huh? For what?

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:59 AM Edited by EramVerdes, 19 November 2014 - 03:26 AM.

@iamcorn - I couldn't see your newspaper pic before, so I wrongly assumed you were talking about the huge cock glyph. I'll soon create a section on the OP for this newapers/adds that we couldn't read on OG. Next time, try to zoom it since the smaller texts could also (maybe) be readable.

@Fran - Nice and you already did some confirmations, great stuff buddy! Could you get is a pic of the cobweb for the OP?

@Muffins - Great finding, congrats! I couldn't see how it ended though, F was back at the peyote spot?

It seems that the peyote high keeps going if you don't die. Lot's of possibilities for this are spawning in my head atm, besides the obvious like going to some restricted areas like the altruists, humane labs, fz, etc., could we have access to some of the areas that in OG we wished we could crouch or even tried to use Chop to fit in?  :p

Edit - The sky looks great at night, but like on OG it doesn't seem to have any constellations and certainly not planets.

I didn't had a deeper look on it yet, but I couldn't find any of the major constellations and I've spotted some groups of stars that are clearly copy-pasted...

I'll do a deeper research on it, since atm I can't totally debunk some irl constellations being present, but the sky as a whole is surely not based on irl.

The Moon seems to keep moving on a geocentric path like before and also like in OG, tides are clearly present.

• CanOdope likes this

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:33 AM

Can you fly into the SS UFO from underneath it as a bird??? I know that (on OG at least) if you got to close underneath with a helicopter it would push you away. I had always hoped that if we got a jetpack we could do it, but maybe a bird can. 😕
  • Eram likes this

yungkrease
  • yungkrease

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:12 AM

I don't normally post stuff, but I was just on top of Mount Chilliad Viewing Post and saw a lady with a map in her hand with location spots. It says tourist guide but I want you guys opinion.

B1a1XP4VDUiEguMvjwSTBg_0_0.jpg

• CanOdope likes this

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:29 AM Edited by EramVerdes, 19 November 2014 - 03:41 AM.

@yung - That map is already known, but nice catch nevertheless.

Afaik the text was not available before, next time you see it maybe you can zoom in, it would be great to see any readable stuff in there.

Confirmed - No more golden glowing trees South of HLabs.

Just been at Probe Mt/Hippy Camp, everything seems exactly the same as in OG.

I'm having some trouble with my snapmatic pics, they just don't show on my SC page, though I'm sure they are there since I got 1 like on one...

Tomorrow I'll probably reset the whole game to try to solve it, so feel free to post your pics for any of the "topics" mentioned at the OP (even the ones that I've striked out, I'll surely credit it to you ;)).

• CanOdope likes this

Wanderer800
  • Wanderer800

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:41 AM

@ Eram, Here now, hunting on PS4. 

• Eram likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users