Photo

Lpgunit's Workshop

31 replies to this topic
lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:43 AM Edited by lpgunit, 01 May 2015 - 10:33 AM.

x1hafc.png

Well, since Universetwisters and a few others have been doing their own workshop topics, I decided to join in and come up with my own. This one's mostly where I post my upcoming, private, personal or backlogged mods, and perhaps a few teasers in case I come up with something, as well as most of my other previously-released works.

Releases:

Carcols Tool .NET

ne6dsj.png

'Tis basically a rather simple experiment I did in Visual Basic out of boredom. Requires the .NET 4 runtimes, and may work on Mono or some other equivalent .NET framework.

Kit's Homemade Scooter

Every morning, every evening, ain't we got fun...

GTA3 10th Anniversary UI

'Tis a simple UI retexture, which I made to (somewhat) match the ones found on the 10th Anniversary mobile port.

ZTE Blade

Yet another one of them smartphones I cobbled up back in 2011. From what I heard the Blade was a staple of lulz in the XDA forums, as it was inexpensive yet feature-rich at the same time, not to mention that unlocking it was rather trivial.

Download for IV
Download for TBOGT

BLU Studio 5.0 II

2pqtank.png

This one's partly a request from a friend of mine who happened to own one. In case you don't know, Blu's an electronics firm based in Florida, and they've been making low-cost Android and Windows phones which has been a hit with the Latino market from what I gathered. Most of them run on either Mediatek like this one, or in the case of Windows, Qualcomm Snapdragons.

Upcoming/Backlogged Mods:

So far I have a couple mods on my backlog, some for The Sims, and at least two for GTA. They're mostly custom models, not too complex like what the other guys do, but they're decent enough.

2013 iMac

j16m4k.png

I know this one's for TS3, but I did plan on making it as a prop for either SA or GTA IV. If anyone wants to I might replace the default Apple logo with Fruit's to match the one in GTA V. :D

Vertu Aster

2hrzygl.png

Basically the world's most expensive KitKat ever. Some cringe over the price, but compared to Vertu's earlier Android devices, this one's a tad more capable. I'll release this for IV and most especially V once the toolset for the latter has been released.

I'll post some more mods soon, but for now these will do. :D

• uNi, Jinx., universetwisters and 7 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

Nice to see you here with your workshop! Best of luck, amigo, always love seeing what you've got.

PS - I never thought your name was LPG-Unit. I always thought it was "ipgunit" :S

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:03 AM

Nice to see you here with your workshop! Best of luck, amigo, always love seeing what you've got.

PS - I never thought your name was LPG-Unit. I always thought it was "ipgunit" :S

LOL a few other users misspell my username as well, but I don't mind much. It's actually a play on the rap group G-Unit, with the LPG part being a reference to propane or liquefied petroleum gas.

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:08 AM

LOL a few other users misspell my username as well, but I don't mind much. It's actually a play on the rap group G-Unit, with the LPG part being a reference to propane or liquefied petroleum gas.

Well that's a smart bit of wordplay you got :beerhat:

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:02 AM

Gee, thanks mate. :D I plan on posting a few other mods, but atm I seem to be procrastinating and/or moonlighting with some other ventures, i.e. the Sims or some other game I'm interested in.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:52 AM

Gee, thanks mate. :D I plan on posting a few other mods, but atm I seem to be procrastinating and/or moonlighting with some other ventures, i.e. the Sims or some other game I'm interested in.

Damn that procrastination! But yeah, hope to see some new stuff you bring to the proverbial table.

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:45 AM

Damn that procrastination! But yeah, hope to see some new stuff you bring to the proverbial table.

True, 'tis a bane especially when you really do intend to come up with something, only to end up having next to no motivation. :/

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:54 AM

True, 'tis a bane especially when you really do intend to come up with something, only to end up having next to no motivation. :/

It's pretty easy for me to come up with stuff, mostly because the stuff I make I've seen in real life. Maybe you can make a model of your phone or remake some sim-esque stuff for GTA? I dunno. I remember when I was younger, I had a thought in the back of my head for a GTA/Sims cross, but I know it won't fly here because, you know, non Rockstar conversion.

Hopefully you come up with something though, you've got some pretty neat stuff thus far.

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:14 AM

As a matter of fact, the Lenovo's currently my personal phone. I bought it back in May partly so I can mod SA Mobile, but that more or less fell through as there's simply not enough RAM to run it.

Most of my peds are non-R* conversions, so I dunno if I should release it here. I did, however, hacked and/or edited them to suit my own needs, like the Kittredge ped model I used in the YouTube video. It was originally a Francesca model from Mafia II, with the hair and cloche hat taken from IV and textures shooped to better resemble Kit's dress. I can post pics and/or renders if anyone's interested.

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

my nama jeff

• Facade Corporation
  • None
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:14 AM

Wow, those mods look good. :D
Great job and keep it up. :)
  • lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:14 AM

Wow, those mods look good. :D
Great job and keep it up. :)

Thanks dude, much appreciated.

• Jinx. likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:07 AM

I got an idea for something you could do, sorta like a homemade pipe bomb or sticky bomb using some old cell phone. That should be interesting, just a thought :D

Spoiler

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hmm. Problem is the 3310 would be left unscathed lol.

I'm thinking about doing vehicles, but while I can just get away with editing existing SA cars I'd like to do a car from scratch; I still need to practise on my 3DS Max skills, unfortunately.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

Pretty decent workshop you've got there LPGUnit. The Lenovo looks great. Wouldn't mind seeing an ASUS Nexus 7. The GTA III menu looks good as well. Reminds me of the PS2 hud.
  • lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:07 PM

Pretty decent workshop you've got there LPGUnit. The Lenovo looks great. Wouldn't mind seeing an ASUS Nexus 7. The GTA III menu looks good as well. Reminds me of the PS2 hud.

That would likely be used as a melee weapon, or perhaps a replacement for Niko's laptop in IV, but let's see. ;)

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

That would likely be used as a melee weapon, or perhaps a replacement for Niko's laptop in IV, but let's see. ;)

Replacing the laptop with a Tablet phone would be easier. Wouldn't it?
  • lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

Replacing the laptop with a Tablet phone would be easier. Wouldn't it?

Likely so, well since you're only going to change the model and apply whatever shaders it has to it.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:00 AM

There, after weeks of procrastinating and doing some random sh*t, I finally uploaded the Blu mod I made several months ago. :D

war55
  • war55

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:28 AM Edited by war55, 07 April 2015 - 12:13 PM.

i request kittredge and samantha parkington player mod
  • lpgunit likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

This is a nice collection of mods, LPGunit. :)

• lpgunit and war55 like this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

I made a Samantha for SA before, but let me see if I still have her in my archives.
  • war55 likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:55 PM

I know this one's for the Sims 3, but I'll either port this for a future ped, or release this in source form in case some of you guys need one:

pnJ3v7l.png

• universetwisters and Android like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:54 PM

Remaking your Avatar are you, Lpgunit? This looks very intriguing. :)

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:46 PM Edited by lpgunit, 30 December 2015 - 12:33 PM.

Remaking your Avatar are you, Lpgunit? This looks very intriguing. :)

The hair's for an unrelated Sims 3 mod, though I do plan to improve on my Kit ped some time.

And I can tell you that while recreating Peggy Montgomery's hair in 3DS Max is more or less a walk in the park to do, getting it to render properly in The Sims 3 isn't. It's just like in SA where you can expect fringe artifacts and whatnot. :/
  • PhillBellic likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:00 AM

It's been a while since I posted anything here on the Workshop, so here goes. I know someone else did this before, but by the time I found out about it, I was in the middle of getting my version to load up properly in GTA V:

5LWlQg4.jpg

DP7nmvE.jpg

JwmRMdh.jpg

t7tlans.jpg

I2MJ4N2.jpg

While danimeza00's version had real-world celebrities engraved on the stars, mine's a more composite (and somewhat humorous) take on the WoF, with prominent YouTubers like Linus Sebastian, along with a few content creators whom I know and had a chat with e.g. AGOverseasFan, and people whom I think should have a star IRL, like Diana Serra Cary aka Baby Peggy.
  • Mega, Android and ClaudX like this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM Edited by lpgunit, 19 February 2016 - 03:45 AM.

Sorry for the triple-post, but I've been thinking about converting GTA IV/V models to The Sims 3 to pass the time. Any suggestions on what I should convert? It'll be a bit of a PITA though given the amount of work needed (UV mapping, rigging, etc.) but I can manage.

Oh and I've been kitbashing a Thunderbolt model from Mafia II into a Nash Metropolitan (or so I hope):
8gjjdBE.png
  • Android likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:22 AM

Just port Sims vehicles to GTA, problem solved.

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:05 AM

Just port Sims vehicles to GTA, problem solved.

How's the Metropolitan mod I made though?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:12 AM

I've never been too fond of Nash as a company, but it's nice to see Kitbashing is still relevant.

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

I've never been too fond of Nash as a company, but it's nice to see Kitbashing is still relevant.

Indeed. It doesn't help that I am struggling to line things up to the blueprints I have for the car, but I'll try my best. 'Sides, I do need to hone my 3D modeling skills anyway, though it'll be more than golden if I finish a car model completely from scratch rather than as a hackjob from some game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users