Photo

The Toy Car Topic

268 replies to this topic
*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:04 AM Edited by *MURDOC*, 26 December 2014 - 04:05 AM.

Welcome to page 2.

261805.jpg

I have many toy cars but this thing is super fun.

HPi E10 Drift.

They have a gas powered one now, I would have bought that if it were out at the time, but this one's awesome anyway.

Mine's sitting on some plastic BBS right now lol.

I switched the motor placement and ran it as a grip car for a while, it's pretty f*cking quick on sticky tires.

• epoxi, Ninja_Gear, Android and 1 other like this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:27 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 12 January 2015 - 06:28 PM.

I'm about to start a small project which will end up in me making 1/10 replica bodies of the 3rd gen F body Pontiac firebird trans am.

If all goes well, my 1/10 nitro will have a body that looks exactly like my IRL car pretty soon.

30wv7tk.jpg

I hope to be finished within a few weeks if i can find enough time.

They will be 200mm wide narrow bodies. For most 1/10 street cars. 

• *MURDOC*, Blessed Viper, Android and 1 other like this

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

Do you have a vacuum mold?

If they turn out well, I'll take one! :D

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

Do you have a vacuum mold?

If they turn out well, I'll take one! :D

Cool, and yes mate i have. Made it a few years back. Worked fine back then.

I'll start creating a template and rescale the real car size into the right lengtxwidth ratio. Then create a chassis template for the base exact size and wheel base. 

A lot needs to be re-calculated to make it a perfect fit. And then comes the graphic work on the decals of the car. Which i'll make by pictures of my real car and re-doing them in Coreldraw x6.

The main problem areas, as are pretty clear. Will be the wheel arches, rear spoiler wich will come in 2 styles, Trans am/GTA style as seen on my car, and in Formula style. I could go for a mounted spoiler which is part of the main body, as you can see at some 1/10 oval bodies. Or as a seperate option. I will go for the seperate option so it shows more detail.

Other then that, i will use this mostly to calculate the correct body scale:

imkv36.jpg

IRL the car is more wide then the wheel base in the back, 1,94 meter on the back wheel arches which will be 20cm in 1/10 scale. So the width ratio is almost the same when rescaled. However the lenght will need a slight adjustment. Along with the wheelbase. Shouldn't be that much of a problem.

• *MURDOC* likes this

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

Awesome!  Always wanted a vacuum mold.

Looks like you've got a good plan, I hope you figure out exactly what needs to be done to get it right.

I would totally buy one if you make them, I'd like to get some classic style wheels and tires to put on it too.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:48 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 12 January 2015 - 11:13 PM.

Awesome!  Always wanted a vacuum mold.

Looks like you've got a good plan, I hope you figure out exactly what needs to be done to get it right.

I would totally buy one if you make them, I'd like to get some classic style wheels and tires to put on it too.

I'm trying to think of something for that as well. Not yet sure though how to solve the rim thing though. Just in case, i made a little example of my irl rims, and see if i can work anything out for that part.

k16vqd.png

2he9c8w.jpg

PS the left is how the rim was before i re-did the whole thing. Took the image of that.

Anyway, about rims... i can make rims, thats not the problem. Making a mold for them is the least of the problem. The problem however is balance, tire size, durabillity/strenght and i just think thats a bit to much at this moment to even consider.

Design won't be the problem. Made these rims/fake tires as tiny as 1/24 scale for a little scale model and even that wasn't hard. A lot of detail for even such a small rim.

4raoux.jpg

I also did all the texturing on that model and a lot of work on the body design. Plan was to make a papercraft NASCAR design that would look perfect along with this other dude. But he stopped the project.

I would need about a hour or two and i would have a near perfect 1/10 wheel made from fat paper that would look awesome underneath it for as long as it stands stil lol.

Anyway, i may be able to create rim-caps. Something that would go in the middle of an existing rim. Then the original rim would be needed to be painted silver and then you just add the little rim cap to it. Something like that, would be possible. But first things first.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:57 PM Edited by *MURDOC*, 12 January 2015 - 11:12 PM.

I saw a set that were a pretty similar design for vintage-styled cars on a website, I'll see if I can figure out where it was.

Edit: These aren't the ones I was talking about, but the closest I could find right at the moment.

http://www.toysonics...hite-24193.html

These aren't too close (besides the color), but they're cool so I'm posting them, lol.

http://www.ebay.com/...9466&rmvSB=true

$_57.JPG

• Ninja_Gear likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:21 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 12 January 2015 - 11:27 PM.

I saw a set that were a pretty similar design for vintage-styled cars on a website, I'll see if I can figure out where it was.

Edit: These aren't the ones I was talking about, but the closest I could find right at the moment.

http://www.toysonics...hite-24193.html

These aren't too close (besides the color), but they're cool so I'm posting them, lol.

http://www.ebay.com/...9466&rmvSB=true

$_57.JPG

Looks awesome PS those are 1/10 oval tires/rims i see 'Pan car wheels'. Won't fit most 1/10 rc cars because of axel size, rim hub size and tire width. Rear tires of these are like 4cm wide.

About the same as i have on my old 2 Serpent Impacts i still have. Both have 24 cm wide wheel bases, 2 gears, rear wheel drive and one has a Pico and the other one a Mega engine. Now i believe those you posted are for 200mm pan cars, but they could be for the wide ones to.

Those from ABC hobby however would be pretty near perfect.

Or these:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2eda26a589

$_57.JPG

• *MURDOC* likes this

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:50 AM Edited by *MURDOC*, 13 January 2015 - 12:51 AM.

Yeah, I was looking at how different those aluminum ones were and figured they were for a different type of cae, but they were just too cool not to post lol!

• Ninja_Gear likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

Sorry, but I had to bump this topic.

One of my personal favorites is my 1955 Bel Air with an adjustable roof-

L9aC6ED.jpg

CmRsLTH.jpg

gP0wc3v.jpg

W22GfPi.jpg

WuhU3Kr.jpg

• *MURDOC*, unbid, Android and 1 other like this

G's Ah's
  • G's Ah's

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

My brother found out yesterday that one of his JDM Hotweels cars is only one of 2,000 or so made. 

• DriveLikeAViking likes this

unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:00 AM Edited by bundi2408, 17 February 2015 - 07:29 AM.

Just my collection hanging on the top shelf of my desk back home.
168yd6r.jpg
  • Android and Pavle like this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
    Shania Twain Superfan
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

My grandpa found my Peugeot 205 Turbo. It's made by Burago and has the little "sign" underneath it saying "made in Italy".

I'll post pics later.

unbid
  • unbid

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:41 AM Edited by bundi2408, 17 February 2015 - 07:42 AM.

"I can't get enough of you, baby..."

2jflthh.jpg
219toy1.jpg
ot3mn4.jpg
2qwjt05.jpg

My grandpa found my Peugeot 205 Turbo. It's made by Bburago and has the little "sign" underneath it saying "made in Italy".
I'll post pics later.

Nice, I never know that Bbruago made a 205 diecast before.
  • *MURDOC*, Pavle and Testarossa like this

Icy J
  • Icy J

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:41 PM

My little collection :)

SbpxIvPh.jpg

• Outcast, *MURDOC*, Shaundi. and 5 others like this

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

Sometimes I play with my willy and a white stuff come out

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:09 AM

That GTR on the top left tho.

In all seriousness, solid collection! You've got a lot of my favourites there.

I should post some pics of my collection some time. I've got some older 1970's and 80's Hot Wheels which are pretty awesome. My brother used to have a model Ferrari F50 which I stupidly broke when I was younger.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:44 PM Edited by Outcast, 20 February 2015 - 06:46 PM.

Picked this up today when I went to collect my two other RC cars (Tamiya TT-01s, one modified for rally and the other is a road racer. 3rd Gen Subaru Impreza Rally Car and Porsche 964 respectively) from my local hobby shop. This is my first crawler, it's an Axial SCX10 Jeep Rubicon. Technically it isn't mine yet as I haven't paid for it, they just let me take it because I didn't have wallet on me. I promised I would go back and pay tomorrow or the day after. Anyway I now love rock crawling, it is super fun :^:

IMG_20150220_225544_zpsmtoxo20z.jpg

• Android and Pavle like this

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:07 PM Edited by *MURDOC*, 20 February 2015 - 09:08 PM.

You f*cking asshole, I want one of those soooooooo bad, I love the Axials, they're so sick.

I'ma come over and play wit it.

I also have a love-affair with Tamiya... Shhhhhh, don't tell HPi.

• Outcast likes this

Icy J
  • Icy J

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:02 PM

That GTR on the top left tho.

In all seriousness, solid collection! You've got a lot of my favourites there.

I should post some pics of my collection some time. I've got some older 1970's and 80's Hot Wheels which are pretty awesome. My brother used to have a model Ferrari F50 which I stupidly broke when I was younger.

Lol, now that you mention it, need to get myself a 1:43 R35 GTR and LFA...plus been planning the bottom shelf to be a 'crazy doors' shelf with a Huayra, Gumpert, Agera etc...but spending all my money on car mods LOL

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
    Shania Twain Superfan
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

Well, here are the Peugeot 205 pics.

Warning, they will make you cry. I have decided to restore the car. I have all of the parts, and I just have to repaint it.

Spoiler
  • Outcast likes this

Dottie
  • Dottie

Impossible relimitation on the main part

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:31 PM Edited by Winning001, 20 February 2015 - 10:51 PM.

Here's some of my stuff

1969 Plymouth Barracuda

Spoiler

1970 GTO Judge and 1960's sheet metal Fiat 500

Spoiler

1970 Mustang. 1964 Mustang. 1955 Thunderbird. Weird ass mustang thing. Ford Pinto. 1990's Ford GT90 (in the box)

Spoiler

Shelby Cobra made of glass

Spoiler

1969 Camaro. 2000 Bimmer M3. 1961 Porsche 356B

Spoiler

VW bus (sheet metal)

Spoiler

VW Bus (lego)

Spoiler

1962 Ferrari 250 GTO

Spoiler

Big ass 2004 Ford GT (lego)

Spoiler
  • epoxi, Pavle and Testarossa like this

unbid
  • unbid

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:01 AM Edited by bundi2408, 21 February 2015 - 01:03 AM.

Well, here are the Peugeot 205 pics.
Warning, they will make you cry. I have decided to restore the car. I have all of the parts, and I just have to repaint it.

Spoiler

Damn, son, you just shed my manly tears!
The last time I did that with my toy cars was back when I was in the 5th grade.
Anyway, did somebody said "Tamiya"?
Spoiler
  • Outcast likes this

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:47 AM Edited by Outcast, 21 February 2015 - 08:49 AM.

I never got into Tamiya model kits myself as I went the RC route, but I have a lot of friends who spend a lot of their free time on them.

@Murdoc: I've never had an HPI, how are they compared to Tamiya? I run Tamiya TT-01s and I also have a Team Associated SC10 Trophy Truck, and now an Axial crawler. What RC "disciplines" are you into?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:35 AM Edited by *MURDOC*, 21 February 2015 - 10:01 AM.

I used to do Stadium Trucks, but now I just have the one drift car, it kinda brings me back to my first RC cars when I was really young, they were so slidey because of the hard tires.

This thing is like the ultimate version of that, and you can actually control the slides, unlike the old school kid toys.

It runs pretty well when set up to grip too.

I like how much there is available to upgrade, and the prices on a lot of the parts and upgrades are surprisingly affordable.

I wish they had released the nitro version at the time, I love the gas motors.

Here's the nitro one.

http://www.rcplanet....p/hpi112587.htm

Ultimately, I'd like to get a few different gears, and maybe a few aluminum parts to replace the composites.

With the weather being so sh*tty, I sometimes regret not buying the crawler I was lusting over, lol.

http://www.rcplanet...._p/tam58405.htm

• Outcast likes this

Captain Owlfeg
  • Captain Owlfeg

• Facade Corporation
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:06 AM

toy_car_8.jpg

How long did that take to build? I still have mine in the box, just want to know how much time I have to put aside.

Dottie
  • Dottie

Impossible relimitation on the main part

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:33 PM Edited by Winning001, 22 February 2015 - 06:34 PM.

[bus]

How long did that take to build? I still have mine in the box, just want to know how much time I have to put aside.

2-3 days with a couple of hours a day. it has over 1300 pieces.

I have a 1000+ piece 60's mini cooper but that's at work. Ill have to get a pic of it later

Here's an old chevy truck and *tear* my 66 merc 280SE Automatic (how i found it).

(i have the detatched skirt, bumper, grill, and plate. But the glass and interior needs to be completely redone (the mirrors and glass on the doors are broken off). Maybe a complete respray and some new wheels too

steering wheel chrome trim is not a circle anymore either 

the suspension is beyond crap but the engine's fine though :p

truk_n_kar.jpg

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

I remember as a child, going to the grocery store, they would have a toy isle. I used to get Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars.. I wasn't very "fun" I guess so I always went for the realistic ones (for example, I'd take a city bus over a hot heap, etc).

Anyway. I had 5 of these storage totes filled to the brim with cars and trucks. 

41wEz84Dx6L._SX300_.jpg

Sadly, I am now 14 and me and my mother decided to donate them to children during the holidays a few years ago.

Ah, memories.

----------

ooh my mom did the same thing with all of my Lego stuff when i was 16 :'(

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:59 PM

I used to be into 1:24 scale stuff, even though I didnt have many of them, I thought it was the perfect scale for detail, one of my favorite models was a Blue BMW Z3 .

Other than a few Boley fire trucks, these are the pride of my collection:

TxISbPC.jpg

DHd6MT4.jpg

(both 1:24)

• Android likes this

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

#YardOn

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:57 AM

I have some, all scattered in strategic places in my room :p

From when I went to London:

yN5EpM7l.jpg

DeLorean from Orlando (+ Lego Hovercraft):
djcY1EDl.jpg

Does this count? :p
nF4Eldil.jpg

Mercedes 300SL + Crown Vic Cop Car:
RLRI5zxl.jpg

A bunch of Hot Wheels (Jetsons-themed pickup, Mustang, F250(?), two Mavericks, Charger, Challenger, Camaro, Impala, '55 Chevy (?), Chevelle and another DeLorean)
8au5IOVl.jpg

• universetwisters, Android and Testarossa like this

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:07 AM Edited by Android, 24 February 2015 - 03:07 AM.

Gouveia, I think that silver pick up you have is a Chevy Silverado. See pic in spoiler.

Spoiler

Love that MTA bus, Staypuft, and the new Interceptor as well!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users