48 replies to this topic
Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:23 PM

I wish, I know Raimi said he wants to connect the two universes but I just can't see Mia in this, it's just too different in tone from the 2013 movie. I think the closest we're going to get is Lucy Lawless' character. I am kinda disappointed that only the premiere was 40 something minutes long and the rest seem to barely reach 30 minutes.

• darthYENIK likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2017
    Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

I was a little skeptical after the premiere but damn, it's paying off now. Highly entertaining and highly recommended even if you aren't fanatical about the films. I was also pretty disappointed that the eps are only 30 min but any Ash is better than no Ash, I suppose.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, it's great.

I am kind of concerned. Raimi has stated that he's really only involved with a couple episodes and then he's leaving the show in the hands of the other creative people. Which is the usual case for 99% of TV shows these days. I just hope they can keep up the tone Raimi had set.

Episode 4 and 5 I actually felt were pretty disappointing. They had some cool ideas, but the jokes didn't quite land and the horror isn't really up there with the original movies either. According to wikipedia both eps were directed by the same guy tho and apparently the next one is going to be someone else so I'm hoping it'll pick back up. Also only ep 1 was done by Raimi, but I loved ep 2 and 3 as well.

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:05 PM Edited by Mr.Scratch, 29 November 2015 - 09:11 PM.

Either way I think it exceeded everyone's expectations. Apparently the reason why nothing from Army of Darkness is mentioned is because they couldn't get the rights to it.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:49 AM

• The Deadite likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Fuelled By Hate

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:20 PM

Anyone still watching this? Season 2 is awesome.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Threadbare tapestry unwinding slow

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:28 PM

Wakey, wakey! Hands off snakey!
  • Payne Killer likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Fuelled By Hate

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

Ash-vs-Evil-Dead-Delusion-645x370.jpg
  • Algonquin Assassin, Tacymist, That Guy There and 2 others like this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:51 PM

Loving season 2.. lol @ that morgue scene

Ending of season 1 caught me off guard. Was expecting one final push to try and defeat Ruby, but I forgot it's Ash, just took the deal lol
  • Payne Killer likes this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:51 PM

Spoiler

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:01 AM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 25 November 2016 - 01:01 AM.

Just caught up with season 2(only found out recently that it had already started lol). Overall I think it's been more fun and exciting than the 1st season.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Fuelled By Hate

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:20 AM

Damn. It was cool seeing Henrietta again, lmao. I wonder what we'll see with Season 3.

N7Operative84
  • N7Operative84

N7 Operative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:54 AM

SPOILERS

I was disappointed that Ash didn't save the redhead , Tanya. I mean why did he  watch as she got torn apart?  Then he uses the shotgun to escape. THEN he sees that Tanya still alive and doesn't help AGAIN, from OUTSIDE the cellar.Ash easily destroys Henrietta , it makes me wonder why he "ran" away in the first place.He could have easily  have helped  saved her or at least try.

I get that, Ash can't save everyone, but I just feel that this point, anyone that gets near Ash ,is done for minus Pablo and Kelly. Ash almost seems as big of threat of humanity making bad choices luring the evil toward innocent people.

I like the three movies , but Ash is too much of a screw up in the  tv series. I enjoyed the 1st season and for the most part the season, but Ash is a bit too unlikable. Overall, he causes far more problems that he solves and gets alot of people killed. He is getting to the point where he should "evolve" a certain way, that isn't a "super hero", but at the same time isn't a saint of slayers.

Ash from the films he seemed like a likeable unlikely hero. That is great because, I think most of us would fit in that category. For me it worked, because evil sneaks up on him and he beats it. The TV series makes me dislike the character. It just seems like, Ash has been put into situations where the same thing happens, but hasn't grown to make a better choices and ends up making the wrong choices and getting lots of people killed.

Overall, I didn't enjoy the last two episodes. The puppet episode was the last one I liked. The post episodes I thought were ok. Also, I am not of fan of the time travel stuff in Evil Dead in this instance, that the last two episodes presented.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2017
    Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

This is on Netflix now, at least in the US, so for those of you who are subscribers and haven't seen it yet, you have no excuse.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80049277

Watch it. It's very good.

• Algonquin Assassin and The Deadite like this

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:54 PM

I thought my Ashy sense was tingling. I wasn't wrong.

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Pretty nice show, nothing else like it on television. I needed something to get me into the whole horror world, and because of this series, prompted me to go back and watch the Evil dead movies, skipping that medieval trash, and watch all the old Friday the 13ths.

I don't know, this series just gives me an modern 80s type vibe. Leaves a lasting impression.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just realized I canceled my Starz subscription. Think I'll just buy season 3 off of iTunes or Amazon or something, when it airs.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just realized I canceled my Starz subscription. Think I'll just buy season 3 off of iTunes or Amazon or something, when it airs.

It's on Netflix too right now tho Idk if they're getting season 3 as soon as it airs.

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 3 weeks ago

Pretty nice show, nothing else like it on television. I needed something to get me into the whole horror world, and because of this series, prompted me to go back and watch the Evil dead movies, skipping that medieval trash, and watch all the old Friday the 13ths.

I don't know, this series just gives me an modern 80s type vibe. Leaves a lasting impression.

Actually there is something like it, almost just as good.

• Voodoo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users