Quantcast

» «
Photo

When was the last time you completed San Andreas?

153 replies to this topic
Alexander
  • Alexander

luv y'all

• The Yardies
  • Venezuela

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:38 PM Edited by AlexanderS4, 22 November 2014 - 09:42 PM.

Finished SA yesterday. I was trying a new 100% savegame and I jusst accidentally overwrite the file.

I hate myself right now, I just had left the Mt. Chilliad Challenge :/

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

I never have. When I got it in 2004 I played it up to before "End Of The Line" and just left it there. I was growing tired of taking over the gang turfs.

I should finish it though. It's far from being my favourite GTA, but it's something I'd like to tick off my GTA bucket list.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

Completed to 100% with 0 Cheats and 4 Proof Vehicles in 2007.  Then again this past April 2014 to May 2014, but with even better stats and 23 Proof Vehicles.

• Algonquin Assassin and HeroBrineR007 like this

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

Completed to 100% with 0 Cheats and 4 Proof Vehicles in 2007.  Then again this past April 2014 to May 2014, but with even better stats and 23 Proof Vehicles.

And how many deaths in 2007, if you remember?

I never have. When I got it in 2004 I played it up to before "End Of The Line" and just left it there. I was growing tired of taking over the gang turfs.
I should finish it though. It's far from being my favourite GTA, but it's something I'd like to tick off my GTA bucket list.

Well you also should finish Vice City 100% WITHOUT MODS OR CHEATS!

Edit: Please don't tell me you've never finished a GTA game...

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:28 PM Edited by Militia, 23 November 2014 - 01:35 PM.

In 2007, I had a handful.  In 2007, I never cared much about Stats.  Only completing game to 100% with 0 Cheats.  Now a days, it's a must for 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, and 0 Missions Failed.  Also gotta have a large Special Vehicle Collection in all of them, too.  Although, SA requires some deaths to obtain some of the Vehicles like the AP Mothership, AP/EC Maverick from Toreno's Last Flight, etc.  You don't NEED to die for the AP Boxville, either, but I did it too.  In my current save it's 3 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats.  You gotta fail almost all missions to obtain the Vehicles, though.  So of course I have Missions Failed.  But I ONLY Fail if I am obtaining a Vehicle.  I don't fail and save the game if there is no Vehicle to obtain, I'd reload if that happens, etc...

I think he's only finished GTA IV and it wasn't until recently.  But he had a lot of Deaths and Cheats, I believe! :p

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:37 PM Edited by HeroBrineR007, 23 November 2014 - 01:37 PM.

In 2007, I had a handful.  In 2007, I never cared much about Stats.  Only completing game to 100% with 0 Cheats.  Now a days, it's a must for 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, and 0 Missions Failed.  Also gotta have a large Special Vehicle Collection in all of them, too.  Although, SA requires some deaths to obtain some of the Vehicles like the AP Mothership, AP/EC Maverick from Toreno's Last Flight, etc.  You don't NEED to die for the AP Boxville, either, but I did it too.  In my current save it's 3 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats.  You gotta fail almost all missions to obtain the Vehicles, though.  So of course I have Missions Failed.  But I ONLY Fail if I am obtaining a Vehicle.  I don't fail and save the game if there is no Vehicle to obtain, I'd reload if that happens, etc...

I think he's only finished GTA IV and it wasn't until recently.  But he had a lot of Deaths and Cheats, I believe! :p

:D

Just wondering, why don't you make Special vehicle videos like fnxrak or 4emp2008?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:46 PM Edited by Militia, 23 November 2014 - 01:47 PM.

Cuz they are the ones who help ME.  I am nothing without jam8tone, 4emp2008, and fnxrak.  And what is the point in making videos if they already have videos out there?  I don't see a point in having multiple videos for the SAME Vehicles, etc.  I just follow their Guides and do exactly what they do and I usually obtain said Vehicle I want.  San Andreas is the hardest to date, though, with obtaining Vehicles.  The bizarre methods on obtaining them are mostly in SA and not any other GTA Game.  III's Proof Vehicles aren't very hard to get and neither is the majority of Vice City.  LCS/VCS isn't very hard, either.  It's just SA that has a handful of tricky ones I could never obtain...

Sometime in the future I will probably re-do SA to 100% and not give up until I get every Vehicle I want.  I don't need EVERY SINGLE ONE, only the ones that interest me and that is about 40-50 Vehicles.  Not 70+, etc...

• HeroBrineR007 likes this

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:53 AM

I finish the games with 0 busted 0 wasted stats pretty much instinctively. Always reload when one of those happens. Wont have perfect missions attempted stat because I always kill Catalina once in Tanker Commander to save that everything proof Sabre for the gang wars at the end of the game. Comes useful and makes it much quicker.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:23 AM

Of course. I've finished GTA III, VC, GTA IV (twice this year actually), TBOGT, TLAD and GTA V.

I don't complete these game 5 million times like some people.:p

It's been a number of years since I finished GTA III and VC. I think I finished them both a couple of times. I done TLAD and TBOGT once, GTA V 4 times and GTA IV 5 times with 2 being this year as I said above.:)

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:21 AM

Of course. I've finished GTA III, VC, GTA IV (twice this year actually), TBOGT, TLAD and GTA V.

It's been a number of years since I finished GTA III and VC. I think I finished them both a couple of times. I done TLAD and TBOGT once, GTA V 4 times and GTA IV 5 times with 2 being this year as I said above.:)

And without cheats..?

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:27 AM

And without cheats..?

Nah. Always used atleast one cheat in each save.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

I finish the games with 0 busted 0 wasted stats pretty much instinctively. Always reload when one of those happens. Wont have perfect missions attempted stat because I always kill Catalina once in Tanker Commander to save that everything proof Sabre for the gang wars at the end of the game. Comes useful and makes it much quicker.

Yup.  Kill Catalina, then use Tow Truck to tow AP Sabre back to Garage.  Very easy vehicle to obtain and a good one.  At the end of Tanker Commander, there is an AP Sadler, btw.  You just get it at the end of the mission and drive away.  Doesn't require a mission failure at all...Probably the easiest Vehicle in SA to obtain that is AP.

I don't complete these game 5 million times like some people. :p

It's been a number of years since I finished GTA III and VC. I think I finished them both a couple of times. I done TLAD and TBOGT once, GTA V 4 times and GTA IV 5 times with 2 being this year as I said above. :)

Completed?  The Story?  100%?  When we talk about completing, we are talking 100%.  The Story is only 20-65% Completion of every GTA Game.  VCS is the worst with the Story only counting as 20% with 80% worth of side stuff.  LCS counts 40% for the Story.  TLaD counts as 65% of the story, and that is the highest percentage just for the Story.  V is 50%, etc, etc....It's only half of the game! :p

Nah. Always used atleast one cheat in each save.

Are you using Cheats cuz the games are hard or you are lazy? :D

I just don't see any reason to use them to spawn Vehicles, etc...You can just get a Tank for instance in Vice City for completing Hidden Packages up to 90/100.  Hunter is unlocked at 100 in Fort Baxter.  But yeah, there is no reason to spawn Tanks and things like that when they are obtainable if you just simply play the game beyond the basic Story and go for 100%...

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:10 PM

Yup.  Kill Catalina, then use Tow Truck to tow AP Sabre back to Garage.  Very easy vehicle to obtain and a good one.  At the end of Tanker Commander, there is an AP Sadler, btw.  You just get it at the end of the mission and drive away.  Doesn't require a mission failure at all...Probably the easiest Vehicle in SA to obtain that is AP

NOPE! You need a tractor :D

LeonTheKiller
  • LeonTheKiller

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:28 PM

IV is the only GTA game that i never completed 100%, and probably i'm never going to . Most of the required tasks are boring as hell,and besides the broken ammo cap there's no rewards for completing it. The unique vehicles aren't that great either. Anyway, i started my new SA playthrough, just finished the R3 missions. I'll do my best to get most of the uniques vehicles.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:27 PM

Yup.  Kill Catalina, then use Tow Truck to tow AP Sabre back to Garage.  Very easy vehicle to obtain and a good one.  At the end of Tanker Commander, there is an AP Sadler, btw.  You just get it at the end of the mission and drive away.  Doesn't require a mission failure at all...Probably the easiest Vehicle in SA to obtain that is AP.

I don't really bother with any other special vehicles because nowadays I just play to get through the story. Did 100% on all PS2 games and haven't been as passionate since then.

I did as much as possible in VCS during my last 100% save and got to 50% by the time I had done the second mission in the game. :p

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

NOPE! You need a tractor :D

...You know what I meant. :)  You know, in the mission "Misappropriation,"  I tried using a Tow Truck like 5 times to get the AP Buffalo back to a safehouse, and it ALWAYS disappeared when I was going down the parking garage.  Then I tried a Tractor, and it finally worked.  But when I got the AP Sabre, I used a Tractor and got it first try.  When I got the BP/EP/FP/MP Elegy, I actually couldn't find a Tractor, so I literally had to use Random Trucks to push it all the way back to a safehouse.  The usual method is using a Tractor, but none spawned after I failed the mission...

IV is the only GTA game that i never completed 100%, and probably i'm never going to . Most of the required tasks are boring as hell,and besides the broken ammo cap there's no rewards for completing it. The unique vehicles aren't that great either. Anyway, i started my new SA playthrough, just finished the R3 missions. I'll do my best to get most of the uniques vehicles.

Yeah, Special Vehicles, ever since the inception of the HD Era, has always been lacking, as is 100% Completion Rewards.  Not sure what's going on with Rockstar.  The 3D Era is always best for 100% Rewards and Special Vehicles...You do know you can convert ANY Vehicle into AP form in GTA IV, though?  That's why if I had to pick the best and my favorite HD Era GTA, it'd be IV > TLaD/TBoGT, and V.  But I still like TLaD/TBoGT a lot for just all around Unique Vehicles without proofings.  V, though is by far the WORST for Special Vehicles.  Luckily on a Save Editor I can convert any Vehicle into AP and mess around and have some fun.  However, I have a clean, 100% Save for V as well.

BTW, whatever happened a few months ago?  You finished III and VC and told me you were moving onto SA.  You had trouble obtaining the Vehicles so you're doing it again?

I don't really bother with any other special vehicles because nowadays I just play to get through the story. Did 100% on all PS2 games and haven't been as passionate since then.

I did as much as possible in VCS during my last 100% save and got to 50% by the time I had done the second mission in the game. :p

I hear ya.  However, I just HAD to get them.  After College while I was looking for a job, I had a lot of time on my hands to thoroughly go through III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V and get to 100%, 0 Deaths (Except SA with 3 Deaths to obtain 3 Special Vehicles), 0 Times Busted, 0 Cheats, 0 Missions Failed (Unless it was required to obtain a Special Vehicle), and a Special Vehicle Collection in each.  I went big, so I didn't need to keep replaying the game over and over again trying to get them all, etc...

LeonTheKiller
  • LeonTheKiller

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:29 AM Edited by _Douglas_, 25 November 2014 - 01:30 AM.

Yeah, Special Vehicles, ever since the inception of the HD Era, has always been lacking, as is 100% Completion Rewards.  Not sure what's going on with Rockstar.  The 3D Era is always best for 100% Rewards and Special Vehicles...You do know you can convert ANY Vehicle into AP form in GTA IV, though?  That's why if I had to pick the best and my favorite HD Era GTA, it'd be IV > TLaD/TBoGT, and V.  But I still like TLaD/TBoGT a lot for just all around Unique Vehicles without proofings.  V, though is by far the WORST for Special Vehicles.  Luckily on a Save Editor I can convert any Vehicle into AP and mess around and have some fun.  However, I have a clean, 100% Save for V as well.

BTW, whatever happened a few months ago?  You finished III and VC and told me you were moving onto SA.  You had trouble obtaining the Vehicles so you're doing it again?

Yes, i know about it. I really want to complete GTA IV 100%, but those goddamn pigeons are a boredom nightmare. :sui:
Anyway, Initially i just wanted to update GTA V before starting a new SA playthrough, but after updating the game i ended  playing GTA O  instead, went from level 3 to level 122 lol ! That sh*t is VERY addictive haha.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

I did the Pigeons and Stunt Jumps in IV completely last.  When you have 10 Unique/EC Vehicles and all 10 are AP and you're at 95.00% Completion, you kinda just force yourself to do the 50 Stunt Jumps and the 200 Pigeons since that is all that is holding you back from 100%.  It's over and now I never have to re-do it.  I still play IV, but just messing around with my AP Vehicles.  No need to re-do 100%, etc.  The game is perfect now...

I won't play Online.  Online isn't GTA to me.  If it were never there, I'd consider things better...

OG Cheetah
  • OG Cheetah

Mammal,Human,Male

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

I see that all of you are such AP vehicle obtainers... I never really tried to get any except for a couple of ones that sometimes used while on mission.

But the thing I like is a nice clean save with 0 wasted,0 busted and without cheats ofc. The only thing that bothers me is that counting of attepmted/completed missions.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, that's cuz some of SA's Missions are just cutscenes.  They count as a Mission Attempt, but not as a Mission Passed for some reason.  In SA, I have like 210 Mission Attempts I believe, but only like 130 or so Missions Passed.  I only failed like 20 Missions for some Proof Vehicle but the count is a lot higher than that.  So I am assuming those short cutscene Missions don't count, but as Mission Attempts only.  Furthermore, some Side Missions also count as Mission Attempts but not Missions Passed, etc...

We don't just collect AP Vehicles, but we collect the best Proof Vehicles in the game, even if it's just DP/FP, for instance, without the BP/EP properties, etc, etc, etc...

SA and LCS have the most Proof Vehicles in any GTA to date.

tranceking26
  • tranceking26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

I completed this game back when it came out, and again a few years later, so I think about 2007 was the last time I finished the story.

I'm at 86% on one file, I should start to finish it to 100% one day.

ThisIsMyUsername2
  • ThisIsMyUsername2

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:33 AM

I just recently finished it again on the recent Xbox 360 port. Took a while to get to 100% but I got there eventually. 

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

I am currently re-doing it.  I did it this past April-May 2014 like I posted above, but I am doing it again for an even larger Proof Vehicle Collection.

I started today and already have the EC Black Perennial, AP Tampa, AP PCJ-600, and AP Sanchez.  Tomorrow, I will get the EC Mesa, EP Mule, Off-Road/EC Pony, BP/FP Voodoo, and BP/FP Tahoma.  Doing very well so far...

Mrmojorisin7
  • Mrmojorisin7

Crawling King Snake

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

I think i played it thru last summer or beginning of this year.. I was just thinking today that i should download it again on steam and play it thru. :D

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

Another fun filled ( and had a blast ) walkthrough with 100% completed yesterday, fully modded this time as well with v1.00.
Such an awesome game.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:34 AM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 06 December 2014 - 06:37 AM.

I never ended the history, my save file got deleted years ago, i recently picked the game and stopped playing it.

uncredited
  • uncredited

Midnight Marauder

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

The last time I played it, I was on my second try to reach the 100%. I haven't had enough time to finish it because I had to leave to another country for my studies. I am glad I am going back home for Christmas to play again. In sum, last time I played was 3 months ago.

Platypus Chairlines
  • Platypus Chairlines

Flying chairs carrying platys

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:39 PM

On the 25th December 2014.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

Long ago...it's been over a year by now...

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:04 AM

6 months ago

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users