Overwatch

1,033 replies to this topic
Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

Don't misbehave!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:16 AM

Hmm maybe this will motivate me to hop back on to the game. Got a bit burned out playing comp this season. Also that new Lunar map is crap imo. I already hate CP2 as is, don't need a new f*cking capture point bs map to tilt me.

I haven't even tried the Lunar map yet and that's a shame to hear since Oasis still blows ass, so that makes two annoying DLC maps.

• Audi likes this

Audi
  • Audi

ヤクザ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

To be honest I actually like Oasis. Don't know why but it plays very well form me. I'm 100% sure if I could look up W/L ratio for maps it would have the highest ratio (not highest total obv) across both ps4 and pc. I just do very well with koth maps over 2cp. That being said, the few losses are very frustrating ones. 

• Tech-Noir likes this

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

Don't misbehave!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

I only enjoy one of the points cause I'm not huge about the gimmicky jump pads, and I'm not a fan of the one with all the pillars, not the one that has the huge hole in the middle.
  • Audi likes this

Modojo
  • Modojo

DVA 1 Bad Guys 0

• Members
  • United-States
  • GTAF Snapmatic Logo Winner

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:42 PM

Blizzard needs to fix their servers.. f*cking d/c 5 times on my smurf account -.-

now I have 13 match remaining until my -75% exp wears off

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

I swear Comp on console is toxic or I'm just unlucky. First match a smurf leave and down a man. Second match we get whooped, third one guy plays Widow and Hanson who he admits sucks as and played them because someone took his mains. The night before, came across a full 6 vs us and a duo who should not be in platinum.

Modojo
  • Modojo

DVA 1 Bad Guys 0

• Members
  • United-States
  • GTAF Snapmatic Logo Winner

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:43 AM

Loving Doomfist atm. Tried him in comp on my smurf lol.

https://gfycat.com/DeafeningUglyGenet

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:24 AM

I miss old Roadhog. They could at least make him one shot 200hp heros.

Mattodon
  • Mattodon

The Damascan Tusk

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:56 PM Edited by Mattodon, 24 August 2017 - 01:52 AM.

You know what bothers me about Mei being overweight? I'm not bothered by the fact that she IS overweight. You could make a whole game about plus-sized women and if it was designed well, I'd play it. My ex is plus-sized. My GF is slightly heavier than average.

I'm not even bothered by the fact that from a physical design perspective, her appearance was a shoe-in to appease feminist and weight-conscious players.

What I'm bothered by is that it makes. no. effing. sense. She's a Chinese woman (China being among the countries that have lower obesity rates), who was living in an Antarctic science facility (government-issued budget for food delivery, as well as environmental demands for remaining in shape), AND she was frozen for ten years (a steady diet of none of the sh*t that makes you fat).

You don't get to be that pudgy, whether it's cute or not, based on those metrics.
  • Static and Audi like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

The servers are so f*cking terrible.

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:24 AM

It seems blizzard really like the dive meta. Especially giving Dva micro missiles.

Nice Person
  • Nice Person

The Ultimate Supreme B)

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:34 AM

You know what bothers me about Mei being overweight? I'm not bothered by the fact that she IS overweight. You could make a whole game about plus-sized women and if it was designed well, I'd play it. My ex is plus-sized. My GF is slightly heavier than average.
I'm not even bothered by the fact that from a physical design perspective, her appearance was a shoe-in to appease feminist and weight-conscious players.
What I'm bothered by is that it makes. no. effing. sense. She's a Chinese woman (China being among the countries that have lower obesity rates), who was living in an Antarctic science facility (government-issued budget for food delivery, as well as environmental demands for remaining in shape), AND she was frozen for ten years (a steady diet of none of the sh*t that makes you fat).
You don't get to be that pudgy, whether it's cute or not, based on those metrics.

She could have a condition where it's hard to lose enough weight, and I think once she was in crkyasis (or whatever) she kept her weight because... she was frozen.

istg I managed to grandmaster in Lucioball, it's much better this year now that you don't have to worry about guys pushing you off the goal and ulting the ball in.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:26 AM

It seems blizzard really like the dive meta. Especially giving Dva micro missiles.

The new D.Va is like a fighter jet, never really enjoyed playing her that much so I don't mind the change. Mercy is hilariously broken now in PTR, her ult basically makes her a DPS.

Audi
  • Audi

ヤクザ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

DVA was fine as is, they keep f*cking with her and I don't like it. DM is now useless.

And there was no reason to touch Mercy. This is only making my break from Overwatch become more permanent sadly.
  • Ermac and Tech-Noir like this

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

Don't misbehave!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

DVA was fine as is, they keep f*cking with her and I don't like it. DM is now useless.

And there was no reason to touch Mercy. This is only making my break from Overwatch become more permanent sadly.

I get what they're trying to do with D. Va since her defense matrix being so powerful made her into a more defensive character than launch-D.Va but it's not really a necessary change.  I love her powerful defense matrix shutting down attacks that would put her critical hit point in danger, but swallowing up ults so easily was a bit of a problem.

I'm on the fence about the Mercy change.  I've seen gameplay of it and it looks wild but not in a good way.  Her being able to fly anywhere she wants looks like someone modded the game, it just feels weird as hell.  I'm one hundred percent with the idea that massive rez plays from a hiding Mercy that asks her team to die on point was cheesy as hell, even from someone who employed the same tactic but her new ult just seems so thrown together.  I think they could have honestly figured something else out that's better like when they massively reworked Symmetra for the better.

• Audi likes this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

Is it me or competitive mode in this game is more toxic on console?

Gremlin Sombra
  • Gremlin Sombra

Life's good when you're Caveria main.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:45 AM Edited by Gremlin Sombra, 07 September 2017 - 03:48 AM.

I don't care about overwatch enough to seriously get into competitive but if Toxic includes assholes not wanting to play anything but DPS/Hanzo. Then yeah, i can see it being more toxic.

Anyway, i really hate to say it. But I'm really disliking these new loot boxes. It's becoming extremely difficult to maintain a good credit stash. Who knew i would miss getting dupes lol. Although they did claim we would be getting the same amount or even more per set of boxes.
  • Audi likes this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:58 PM Edited by bloatedsack, 07 September 2017 - 10:00 PM.

Overwatch launched as a team-based, cooperative play shooter with quirky characters that complemented a vast majority of differing playstyles to allow people of different mechanical abilities to play together. It's not anymore. It's been steadily changing for awhile now, mostly as they try to straddle the game between "professional" (and those who dickride that) and casual players, with a constistent tendency to lean towards the mechanically skilled "pro" wannabes.

There's a clearly defined line of increasing reliance on DPS-style play, and every character now needs to play, increasingly, on that level. The new heroes added all generally rely on more of that than the launch heroes (even Orisa, who almost doesn't fit the mold, has to aim her shield in order to maximize it's value).  Additional arcade modes (3v3 and 1v1) push the agenda, as does the inclusion of Death Match.

We see even long established heroes being thrust in that direction, Dva loses her "tank power" by having DM drastically reduced in exchange for a missile volley, Mercy's ultimate now increases her DPS capability and mobility and ressurection is pushed to the side.

As I told a friend, I have two major predictions:

1. The next hero will be a "healer," but a healer that has to damage in order to heal. Again, there's an overall approach towards DPS that seems to be required in this game now; and while they desperately need a new healer to shake it up it'll come in the form of a DPS-like character.
  2. Zarya is next to be nerfed. This doesn't fit into my prior ranting, but it's going to happen anyways. "Skilled" players will begin to cry that the bubble is a no-skill power, that too much of Zarya's health pool is self-regenerating healing, and that her beam requires no aim, and thus no "skill."

I could be wrong, but I'll betcha I'm not.

I originally expected I'd go back to it after Destiny 2 and COD released and all the idiots were siphoned out, but it's become extremely obvious that the game I bought 14 months ago is not the game that people are playing today. What was once a team-based cooperative game is inexorably turning to just another FPS with bright colours and quirky characters. Like you, my "break" has become permanent, I don't foresee a sudden tack back into the "casual" playstyle that let me enjoy it on my terms, and I'm not interested in the "high skill" playstyle.

• Audi likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:42 AM

People complain about the gameplay, which is valid. However, I have a very valid non-gameplay complaint:

Where the hell is the lore?

It's taking way too damn slow. They decided to eschew in-game story and develop it outside the game, which I guess would've been fine if it was given out on a regular basis, and was actually substantial. Instead, we get massive droughts just for 10-page comic pieces that tell us little of value. I remember having to wait three whole months without any lore just to get a comic where Bastion meets Torbjörn. There should be way more than just that, as the shorts while spectacular are too few and far between, and there are currently no graphic novels despite signing a deal with Dark Horse to distribute their comics. They actually did have a graphic novel planned called Overwatch: First Strike, which would've detailed the Omnic Crisis. I was looking forward to that, it would've been an awesome read, then they straight-up cancelled it on the month it was supposed to be released because "the story went in a different direction".

It's been a year-and-a-half since Recall short, where Overwatch was reinstated by Winston. I've been DYING to know where they're going with that, but the only indication of the gang getting back together was Mei answering which only came last month. I want to see how Overwatch will run, how they'll fight Talon, how characters like D.Va and Lúcio will get in on the action, what everyone is doing, what the implication that Widowmaker is regaining her old self means, what Talon's ultimate plan is, and probably a lot more. They have to have something planned, there just has to be more than just 5-10 minute shorts and 10 page comics to tell the epic story of Overwatch. I simply cannot accept that this is all there is going to be, because the story will never be told at this rate.

I know it's not just me. I've been talking to other people about the story, and general consensus is the same as my opinion. They're taking way too long to get the story started, so long that people are starting not to care because it burns too much to get invested. It's so slow, with so many unresolved plot threads because we've barely gotten into the story, that headcanons are being treated as fact, simply because there's no other source to go on.

I can't help but watch this and hope, no pray, that Blizzard is working on an animated series like they've (hopefully) been hinting at. If Netflix can pay Amy Schumer $20 million for her sh*tty stand-up comedy special, they can fund this sh*t.

• Nick1020 and Audi like this

Audi
  • Audi

ヤクザ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:13 AM Edited by Audi, 08 September 2017 - 05:14 AM.

Overwatch launched as a team-based, cooperative play shooter with quirky characters that complemented a vast majority of differing playstyles to allow people of different mechanical abilities to play together. It's not anymore. It's been steadily changing for awhile now, mostly as they try to straddle the game between "professional" (and those who dickride that) and casual players, with a constistent tendency to lean towards the mechanically skilled "pro" wannabes.

There's a clearly defined line of increasing reliance on DPS-style play, and every character now needs to play, increasingly, on that level. The new heroes added all generally rely on more of that than the launch heroes (even Orisa, who almost doesn't fit the mold, has to aim her shield in order to maximize it's value).  Additional arcade modes (3v3 and 1v1) push the agenda, as does the inclusion of Death Match.

We see even long established heroes being thrust in that direction, Dva loses her "tank power" by having DM drastically reduced in exchange for a missile volley, Mercy's ultimate now increases her DPS capability and mobility and ressurection is pushed to the side.

As I told a friend, I have two major predictions:

1. The next hero will be a "healer," but a healer that has to damage in order to heal. Again, there's an overall approach towards DPS that seems to be required in this game now; and while they desperately need a new healer to shake it up it'll come in the form of a DPS-like character.
  2. Zarya is next to be nerfed. This doesn't fit into my prior ranting, but it's going to happen anyways. "Skilled" players will begin to cry that the bubble is a no-skill power, that too much of Zarya's health pool is self-regenerating healing, and that her beam requires no aim, and thus no "skill."

I could be wrong, but I'll betcha I'm not.

I originally expected I'd go back to it after Destiny 2 and COD released and all the idiots were siphoned out, but it's become extremely obvious that the game I bought 14 months ago is not the game that people are playing today. What was once a team-based cooperative game is inexorably turning to just another FPS with bright colours and quirky characters. Like you, my "break" has become permanent, I don't foresee a sudden tack back into the "casual" playstyle that let me enjoy it on my terms, and I'm not interested in the "high skill" playstyle.

Hmm, valid observations. Especially agree with the bolded parts.

The game doesn't draw me in anymore. Kinda bummed I bought it twice. No one on my friends list on ps4 plays it anymore and on pc I just a couple qp or dm matches and Im burned out. After S5 Im done with competitive. That energy and salt is better placed into games I still enjoy. This Nickelodeon shooter just doesn't do it no more.

People complain about the gameplay, which is valid. However, I have a very valid non-gameplay complaint:

Where the hell is the lore?

It's taking way too damn slow. They decided to eschew in-game story and develop it outside the game, which I guess would've been fine if it was given out on a regular basis, and was actually substantial. Instead, we get massive droughts just for 10-page comic pieces that tell us little of value. I remember having to wait three whole months without any lore just to get a comic where Bastion meets Torbjörn. There should be way more than just that, as the shorts while spectacular are too few and far between, and there are currently no graphic novels despite signing a deal with Dark Horse to distribute their comics. They actually did have a graphic novel planned called Overwatch: First Strike, which would've detailed the Omnic Crisis. I was looking forward to that, it would've been an awesome read, then they straight-up cancelled it on the month it was supposed to be released because "the story went in a different direction".

It's been a year-and-a-half since Recall short, where Overwatch was reinstated by Winston. I've been DYING to know where they're going with that, but the only indication of the gang getting back together was Mei answering which only came last month. I want to see how Overwatch will run, how they'll fight Talon, how characters like D.Va and Lúcio will get in on the action, what everyone is doing, what the implication that Widowmaker is regaining her old self means, what Talon's ultimate plan is, and probably a lot more. They have to have something planned, there just has to be more than just 5-10 minute shorts and 10 page comics to tell the epic story of Overwatch. I simply cannot accept that this is all there is going to be, because the story will never be told at this rate.

I know it's not just me. I've been talking to other people about the story, and general consensus is the same as my opinion. They're taking way too long to get the story started, so long that people are starting not to care because it burns too much to get invested. It's so slow, with so many unresolved plot threads because we've barely gotten into the story, that headcanons are being treated as fact, simply because there's no other source to go on.

I can't help but watch this and hope, no pray, that Blizzard is working on an animated series like they've (hopefully) been hinting at. If Netflix can pay Amy Schumer $20 million for her sh*tty stand-up comedy special, they can fund this sh*t.

Yeah I have a few friends who quit the game and cited the lack of building on the story as a reason. The animated shorts are great, they definitely have great animators and writers at Blizzard but they're dragging their feet big time.

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:44 PM Edited by Nick1020, 08 September 2017 - 08:46 PM.

@Homemade Dynamite I'm with you on that. A good portion of my friends wouldn't get it because of that reason. I would love to see how Lucio started his revolution against Viskar or how S.Korea fights that giant Ommic.

And since we're sharing opinions:
My current thoughts on Overwatch is that:

-The devs need to stop making unnecessary changes. Something like Roadhog's dps nerf, Mercy's res or Junkrat's double concussion mine. Those were completely unnecessary.

-Competitive is the worst solo queuing. Idk about XOne or PC but on PS4 it's so toxic that I mute my mic almost every time. Nobody plays as a team unless it's a 2-4 man stack. At this point, I don't even care about rank and only do it for xp. It's no different than the sh*t talking CoD kiddies or tryhards on GTA.

@bloatedsack The most we'll see is a change. Zayra requires skills to get a charge over 50% and kill people with it. But then again, Ana required skill to master and buffed her anyways. Who knows?
  • Audi likes this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:22 PM Edited by Nick1020, 14 September 2017 - 04:13 PM.

Even though this thread is somewhat dead, you've gotta give it to blizzard for addressing the toxicity on this game. Main problem is they pander to the entitled gold through lower diamond tier player that gets angry for playing attack Torb or Widow. In all fairness though, most widows are bad. At least on console.

• Audi and Ivan1997GTA like this

paul
  • paul

We can do this the easy way or the Yard way

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:28 AM

hey does anyone play this sh*t on ps4

Audi
  • Audi

ヤクザ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:36 AM

Used to, mostly play it on pc now

Landotel
  • Landotel

Rarely Active

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:12 AM

Used to, mostly play it on pc now

What is your experience from converting from console to PC? In terms of meta, gameplay, and social.

Audi
  • Audi

ヤクザ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

• Skill level is much higher on pc
  •  Widow is not a throwaway pick unlike on console
  • This game was made to be played on keyboard and mouse
  • The pc community is overall less toxic then ps4, BUT those that are toxic are so bad it negates the difference
  • Tech-Noir and Ivan1997GTA like this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

I only play Overwatch for daily loot boxes. After season six place matches, I didn't want to be bothered with comp. With the Halloween event next week, I'll probably start playing again.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:43 PM

Anyone else miss duplicates? All I ever get from lootboxes these days are a bunch of sh*tty sprays, I'm really low on credits all the time. Hard to get the stuff I want. Then again I don't even play the game that much these days...

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:39 AM

Halloween Terror returns on the 10th. Here are some new skins!

tumblr_oxfsjwP5rd1vpiqsao4_1280.png

tumblr_oxfsjwP5rd1vpiqsao1_1280.png

tumblr_oxfsjwP5rd1vpiqsao3_500.png

tumblr_oxfsjwP5rd1vpiqsao2_500.png

• Audi and RezaMaulana98 like this

RezaMaulana98
  • RezaMaulana98

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

Halloween Terror returns on the 10th. Here are some new skins!

tumblr_oxfsjwP5rd1vpiqsao4_1280.png

tumblr_oxfsjwP5rd1vpiqsao1_1280.png

tumblr_oxfsjwP5rd1vpiqsao3_500.png

tumblr_oxfsjwP5rd1vpiqsao2_500.png

What in the world is Blizzard doing with Zenyatta? That's scarily awesome...

Oh did they say that the previous year's Halloween skins will be made available once again/not?

Static
  • Static

Natural blondie like Goku

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

What in the world is Blizzard doing with Zenyatta? That's scarily awesome...

Pretty sure it's a Lovecraftian / Cthulhu design.

• Audi likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users