Overwatch

1,033 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:40 PM

Everything about this game looks good. That being said, there's no way that it's actually going to be any good without dedicated servers. I'd at least expect that much from a $40 team based multiplayer game that looks like it's copying Team Fortress 2. TF2 wouldn't be sh*t without dedicated servers. We all know it. I don't mind that it isn't F2P. At least it won't be full of bots and cheaters. But how the hell is this supposed to inspire me to give up on a F2P game with dedicated servers a genuinely amazing community? Short answer: It won't.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:59 AM

Oh neat, it's not f2p. That hopefully ensures a lack of some bullsh*t business model.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:34 AM Edited by RedDagger, 04 February 2016 - 08:35 AM.

http://us.battle.net...uary-9-2-3-2016

Get ready for your next objective, heroesthe Overwatch Closed Beta returns February 9!
Since the last round of testing, our technicians back in Winston's lab have been hard at work analyzing field data and building out several new features and updates, including:

• An all-new progression system 
  • Two new maps, including a new game mode
  • Several hero balance updates
  • And a variety of Private Game updates, including full A.I. matches
Closed Beta testers will have a chance to check out all of these changes and more as soon as the game returns to active duty next week. Stay tuned for additional details about what's new in the Overwatch beta, as well as official patch notes. 
As a reminder: If you had access to the Closed Beta before the break, you will continue to have access during this next phase of testing. With so much new content available, we're also looking to recruit more players to help us get an even wider range of perspectives and feedbackso if you're interested in participating, make sure to opt in!

IU9E39CWX6RM1444423273831.png

The Overwatch Closed Beta will be coming online in the Americas and Europe gamplay regions on February 9, and will be launching in the Asia gameplay region on February 16. To learn more about which parts of the world are associated with each of our gameplay regions, click here.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:26 AM

Woo! Been waiting to get my hands on it. Hopefully I get the invite.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:31 PM

http://us.battle.net.../blog/20055970/
Open Beta Coming to PC, PS4™, and Xbox One early May!

Want a chance to check out Overwatch™ ahead of its May 24 launch? Form a team of friends and try out the team shooter of tomorrow in the Overwatch Open Beta, coming in early May to PC, PS4™, and Xbox One!

As a newly added bonus, if you pre-purchase or preorder Overwatch for any platform at www.buyoverwatch.com, you'll also get early access to the Open Beta for you and a friend from May 3–4. After that, everyone will have a chance to play free during an all-access Open Beta period from May 5–9.

• Richard Power Colt likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:33 PM

• Richard Power Colt and Grantestos like this

Cindy
  • Cindy

Level 27 Herald of Tranquility

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:22 PM Edited by Strix, 16 April 2016 - 07:40 PM.

Been playing this for the past few weeks, and it completely sh*ts on Team Fortress 2 and Battleborn.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:49 AM

enjoying the open beta

putting up walls is flipping fun

maxresdefault.jpg

VanessaMagick
  • VanessaMagick

Resident Lewdposter

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:29 AM

This game is more fun than entire swimming pool of disembodied tits. I rather enjoyed Battleborn but I think Overwatch pulls out ahead for me, being the Team Fortress fan that I am. 

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:02 PM

I'm playing it and I'm liking it, but I have absolutely no idea what is going on during matches.

I'm a huge TF2 fan and while that game is showing it's age now, the simplicity of it (at least before custom loadouts arrived) was one of the reasons why it was so appealing. There's so much going on here that it might make it harder for me to get into. 

Coin
  • Coin

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:05 PM

Torbjorn master race

cb7c7f64gw1est1oggnwug20cl07ke83.gif

• Tech-Noir likes this

Modojo
  • Modojo

DVA 1 Bad Guys 0

• Members
  • United-States
  • GTAF Snapmatic Logo Winner

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:57 PM

I love this game haha. Been trying to master at least two classes before OBT ends (Hanzo and D.Va)

Defending the last stronghold gets pretty hectic. I honestly don't know how I managed to stay alive throughout the final round.

GKsYAsI.png

• Tech-Noir likes this

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

^Especially when guys go into a close overtime. Stuff gets intense real quick and I love it.

I mostly use D.va, Reaper, Mel, widowmaker, junk rat, mercy, and tracer (a guilty pleasure to play as)

Trying to get better with Genji, Mccree, Pharah, and Zenyatta.

Modojo
  • Modojo

DVA 1 Bad Guys 0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:54 PM Edited by Modojo, 08 May 2016 - 01:47 AM.

^Especially when guys go into a close overtime. Stuff gets intense real quick and I love it.

I mostly use D.va, Reaper, Mel, widowmaker, junk rat, mercy, and tracer (a guilty pleasure to play as)

Trying to get better with Genji, Mccree, Pharah, and Zenyatta.

I find Tracer the most difficult to master since you always have to be aware of your 3 shift cooldowns for every move you make. Her E ability is also another thing to think about when you retrace your steps which is either a hit or miss for her lol

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:04 PM

Decided to focus on the 'easier' characters in each class (the 1-stars) and trying to master a few so I have one for every occasion.

I'm having way more fun with the game doing it this way :) Pharah's my favourite so far.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:50 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 08 May 2016 - 11:51 AM.

Started trying to get good with other characters besides edgy wraith dude, team rocket chick, ice chick, and meditating dude

Porkers really kicks ass, tanks the hell out of everything and just hooks you. 

Tryin' Hanzo and Genji too, check deese quad feeds

lJvhs3H.gif

Spoiler

eocS9Dj.gif

Spoiler

still nothing quite beats putting up ice walls as Mei, too fun.

wstian
  • wstian

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:36 PM Edited by wstian, 08 May 2016 - 10:36 PM.

tbh it didn't seem much like my type of game but after playing the beta for a few hours, I'm having a blast o.o

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:33 AM

I enjoyed my time with the demo, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $60 on this.

If they sold it for $39, I'd do it without a second thought. It's fun for 30 minute bursts of boredom.

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:19 AM

I really hope all the riff raff in the full game clears up. Still a good chunk of players not knowing what they are doing or just playing for kills. Also hope to get rid of people who almost play Bastion exclusively. As that sh*t is becoming annoying.

iSaint9
  • iSaint9

SASAGEYO! SASAGEYO!

• Van Society
  • Spain

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

I really hope they nerf this Bastion+Reinhardt madness. Not even a Reaper can counter that.
  • Tech-Noir likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:41 AM

Man does Reinhardt need a damage buff

1st time his low damage made me go mad was

Use his ultimate to slam enemy on ground, slap McCree 3 times while hes incapacitated, he gets up, stuns and kills me...

then the 2nd time this happened I kind of decided to swear him off for good

Use charge against Roadhog, slap him 6 times with hammer before he uses his healing ability (at that point he had less than 1 bar of health) and as I hit him 2 more times (for a total of 8 hits, seemingly would take 7 hits + a charge to kill a roadhog) his healing was able to outheal the damage I was causing him and I get killed.

6mb gif below

Spoiler

Besides that I'm starting to like Reaper more and more

on Attacking Side, run to enemy spawn and spray this

reaper-spray-16-die.png

Just run around killing them at their spawn gleefully. Anytime I find myself in danger I wraith out and collect health/souls. Wraith into peoples faces and blast em, teleport to sniper nests and blast em, run into their point and use my Ultimate to blast them all. 

This one time on defending I went flawless 20-0, kinda bull that I didn't get Play of the Game when I got a 5 feed and it instead went to Roadhog with a double kill....

This other time I just kept taking everybody out at their spawn, finally time to bail and I get sniped by Hanzo who was aiming for somebody else -.-. My favorite play that game was probably towards the end when I was streaking I just use my ultimate to clear the entrance, see an enemy Roadhog at the point, teleport behind him and unsheathe my death blossoms and blast him.

pic related, final score

Spoiler

Think its top notch his wraith ability can be used to avoid all ultimates, roadhogs hook, well basically everything. Also doing a lot better in general now that I realize that I don't have to click for every round to go off, just hold down the left mouse.

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

Don't misbehave!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:33 PM Edited by Tech-Noir, 09 May 2016 - 05:40 PM.

I really hope they nerf this Bastion+Reinhardt madness. Not even a Reaper can counter that.

Yeah that's the only situation where I find Bastion to be a problem, tired of people crying about him even as someone who doesn't use him.  Dude is forced to stay in place during his turret mode so a Widowmaker or Roadhog can easily deal with him depending on distance.  I love using Roadhog so much, that hook attack of his is just so satisfying.  Only character that annoys me cause she's so easy to use is Tracer.  She's hard enough to hit in the first place, then when I finally get her, let's say with Roadhog's hook, she just uses that rewind ability to completely avoid death, it's so overpowered as much as Tracer mains want to deny it.  Only character that I can effectively eviscerate Tracers with is Soldier 76 since he can just spray her to death as she just sprays others.  People argue that her low health makes her difficult to use but all you need to do is blink your way to the nearest health pickup or use that rewind ability to screw over your opponent.  Also of course SMGs aren't exactly difficult to use.  I guess I can admit that she isn't effective against large groups, so they tend to go for distracted groups or isolated opponents.  Still, I can't see any learning curve to her, it's just blinking and spraying.  I wish they would have some sort of indicator to what direction she blinks into, as it's barely predicable since she can be anywhere.

I also don't like how 9 out of 10 plays of the game are just some dude using their ultimate ability on a group of people.  Big deal, they pressed Y and that's it, I wish they would take ultimate eliminations out of the equation or at least somehow lower their credibility.  I've seen few plays of the games impress me because of this, best one probably being where this Mercy revived four of her teammates then proceeded to take down two enemies with her pistol, that was a sight to see.

Probably my favorite thing is how three of the four medics are incredibly fun to play as, really don't care for the one with that portal gun-looking thing that does damage over time.  Mercy can be absolutely awesome in the right hands and paired with the right character.  I like to support my friend's D. Va since D. Va doesn't do well on her own.  Then Zenyata is amazing for far-range support via his orbs, and Lucio is just a ton of fun although not a huge fan of his primary attack.  I found the most fun of course playing in a party of six, it's great coordinating with others to keep each other alive and rolling.  I'll probably pick it up on release date after all, as with friends it's a blast.  With randoms, not so much.

chetwalters
  • chetwalters

tazed and confused

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:40 PM

I am very looking forward to this game.  Seems to be very well balanced.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:34 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 10 May 2016 - 01:48 AM.

holding back team on defending

right as I use Hanzo's ultimate I get

"Lost connection to game server"

motherf*cker 

go back on

joins me into a losing battle

start other game

going Hanzo again

make it to second round for a bit before I get

again! wtf man...

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:54 AM Edited by Cameron Star, 10 May 2016 - 08:55 AM.

I'm kind of enjoying this. I don't know if I'll buy it since I seem to have gone off PvP games a bit lately, but it is pretty fun.

One thing that really annoys me is that hardly anyone ever wants to be a healer, there's always at least two people playing the same character which makes the team weak, so I end up being the healer. I don't mind, sometimes I like playing support since I'm not so good at shooters, but I'd really like to play as assault sometimes without putting the whole team at risk. So annoying, especially when there's three snipers running around dying just because they want to look badass.

chetwalters
  • chetwalters

tazed and confused

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:07 AM

holding back team on defending
right as I use Hanzo's ultimate I get

motherf*cker 

go back on
joins me into a losing battle
start other game
going Hanzo again
make it to second round for a bit before I get
again! wtf man...

Hopefully they fix those issues before release day.

Modojo
  • Modojo

DVA 1 Bad Guys 0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

OB just finished for me.. two weeks can't come any sooner :'(

chetwalters
  • chetwalters

tazed and confused

• BUSTED!