V PC to use Denuvo DRM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
379 replies to this topic
Russian Mafia
  • Russian Mafia

Kappa123

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:21 PM Edited by Russian Mafia, 06 November 2014 - 08:23 PM.

Hi guys got some news for PC players.

Rockstar will use new DRM system in GTA 5 for PC. This system is Denuvo, which also used in FIFA 15 and Lords of the Fallen.
This System uses special code which changes every time so this DRM is still not hacked, and I think it wont be.
No more piracy on PC and only way you can play GTA 5 its Steam.

Got this info today. Also today Denuvo updated partners on their site. Rockstar now here too. So its confirmed.
image.jpg

Site http://www.denuvo.com

I think it is good they fight piracy, but Denuvo is very hard DRM and some people can have crashes or another issues like in Lords of the Fallen.
What are you think?
  • Mega, _MK_, Snorlax and 2 others like this

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:22 PM Edited by Evan-KCR, 06 November 2014 - 08:28 PM.

Rockstar will use new DRM system in GTA 5 for PC. This system is Denuvo, which also used in FIFA 15 and Lords of the Fallen.
This System uses special code which changes every time so this DRM is still not hacked, and I think it wont be.

Got this info today. Also today Denuvo updated partners on their site. Rockstar now here too. So its confirmed.
image.jpg

I think it is good they fight piracy, but Denuvo is very hard DRM and some people can have crashes or another issues like in Lords in the Fallen.
What are you think?

WHAT?!!!

But... no... No. Wait... is this required once you play the game?

Dixon Sider
  • Dixon Sider

∞ Knowledge is hell. ⚡️💀⚡

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:35 PM Edited by Loveint, 06 November 2014 - 08:35 PM.

image.jpg

I think it is good they fight piracy, but Denuvo is very hard DRM and some people can have crashes or another issues like in Lords of the Fallen.
What are you think?

As long as it doesn't ruin the experience, it's good, I bought none of those games so i don't know how it works.

Although never underestimate pirates, didn't Fifa 14 had the same? and it got hacked too, it just took longer.

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:37 PM

Yeah... is it like Uplay, or Origin? Or does it only require activation...?

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:41 PM Edited by fefenc, 06 November 2014 - 08:47 PM.

DRMs are only worthy to annoy who buys original games because someone will manage to crack it within days and play it as it's meant to be played, without requiring internet connection bullsh*t. Now I'm in doubt if I'll pay to be annoyed by a stupid DRM while pirate users plays the game as it's meant to be played. This sh*t will be the new GFWL and it can make the game unmoddable.

R* showing to us, the PC community, their hate and their middle finger again.

EDIT: To they do the last blow against us, they only need to say that GTA V PC will be powered by NVADIA

• Nopheros, GAMIR_GTA, Donut and 7 others like this

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

F*ck. I just hope this will work well with mods...

• MysteryX2 likes this

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

Russian Mafia if what you're saying is true then the scene has a competition who can crack it faster.

But I'll still buy it on Steam full price.

Russian Mafia
  • Russian Mafia

Kappa123

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:45 PM Edited by Russian Mafia, 06 November 2014 - 08:47 PM.

Got this info today. Also today Denuvo updated partners on their site. Rockstar now here too. So its confirmed.image.jpg
What are you think?

As long as it doesn't ruin the experience, it's good, I bought none of those games so i don't know how it works.

Although never underestimate pirates, didn't Fifa 14 had the same? and it got hacked too, it just took longer.
No. Fifa 14 don't have Denuvo, because Denuvo was created not much ago and as you can see all rich companies uses it now.
Denuvo cant be hacked also, because all game code have DRM which changes everytime. Im 100% sure it will not be hacked.
Rockstar will not accept GTA 4 situation and they will do everything to push PC sales.

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

But does anybody know how this works? Since Russian Mafia is ignoring us.

Breitsmeister
  • Breitsmeister

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:48 PM

DRMs are only worthy to annoy who buys original games because someone will manage to crack it within days and play it as it's meant to be played, without requiring internet connection bullsh*t. Now I'm in doubt if I'll pay to be annoyed by a stupid DRM while pirate users plays the game as it's meant to be played. This sh*t will be the new GFWL and it can make the game unmoddable.

R* showing to us, the PC community, their hate and their middle finger again.

what if denuvo is just  a guard for preventing hackers that will crack the game

and they use steam workshop for the mods we can make 

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by fefenc, 06 November 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Yeah I know how it works. You will find a lot of difficulty to play the game due to the new GFWL while people that haven't supported the game will play it without crashes and internet problems related to the new GFWL. Some companies never learns how PC works:

DLC = Not much sales and low rate on their precious IGN.

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

Yeah I know how it works. You will find a lot of difficulty to play the game due to the new GFWL while people that haven't supported the game will play it without crash and internet problems. Some companies never learns how PC works:

DLC = Not much sales.

Stop being so negative FFS.

• Blackbird88, lol232, _Klebitz_ and 2 others like this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

As long as I can just install the game on Steam and click "Play" and get launched straight into the game, I'm happy.

• s-paco, MeltedSOX., Blackbird88 and 15 others like this

Breitsmeister
  • Breitsmeister

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

steam is a good platform for releasing new games 

it wont be that bad as you're telling

Kris194
  • Kris194

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:55 PM Edited by Kris194, 06 November 2014 - 08:56 PM.

No. Fifa 14 don't have Denuvo, because Denuvo was created not much ago and as you can see all rich companies uses it now.
Denuvo cant be hacked also, because all game code have DRM which changes everytime. Im 100% sure it will not be hacked.
Rockstar will not accept GTA 4 situation and they will do everything to push PC sales.

You're wrong, it had Denuvo protection system. Quote from their site

46 days.

That’s how long the latest Denuvo-protected EA game (FIFA 14) lasted before being cracked. That’s simply unprecedented and it’s a testament to one of Denuvo’s core principles: always keep innovating. Our latest innovation, Denuvo Anti-Tamper, allows EA to reap the benefits of stamping out all piracy attempts in the crucial first weeks of a title’s release. We’d love to do the same for you.

Denuvo Anti-tamper and SecuROM can be ordered through our close partnership with Sony DADC.

• Dixon Sider likes this

MarshallRawR
  • MarshallRawR

Probably paid by Rockstar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

Impossible to crack? Doubt it.

• Nokturn likes this

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:56 PM Edited by fefenc, 06 November 2014 - 08:58 PM.

Yeah I know how it works. You will find a lot of difficulty to play the game due to the new GFWL while people that haven't supported the game will play it without crash and internet problems. Some companies never learns how PC works:

DLC = Not much sales.

Stop being so negative FFS.

I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. I've seen where this DRM bullsh*t goes a lot of times.

EDIT: Simcity 2013

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

I'm curious. Does anybody here have FIFA 15, or Lords of the Fallen?

Dixon Sider
  • Dixon Sider

∞ Knowledge is hell. ⚡️💀⚡

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

Got this info today. Also today Denuvo updated partners on their site. Rockstar now here too. So its confirmed.image.jpg
What are you think?

Well then, January is going to be an interesting month.

If NASA servers were hacked in 2000-2001, i will never be 100% sure that a software isn't hackable.

• MythAlex, Neddo and fefenc like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

Figures Rockstar would do this with the most awful DRM to date. The last middle finger to the pc fans. Gotta milk that money to the last drop though that's how they roll. Money money money.
  • GutterMouthPWG, Blackbird88, GAMIR_GTA and 1 other like this

utack
  • utack

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:59 PM Edited by utack, 06 November 2014 - 09:01 PM.

Figures Rockstar would do this with the most awful DRM to date. The last middle finger to the pc fans. Gotta milk that money to the last drop though that's how they roll. Money money money.

Is it horrible? From what I read the game is launched from Steam and that's it.

My understanding of horrible would be something like:

- launch a own copy protection software

- plug in a usb drive

- bind the license to one machine with MAC adresses etc.

As long as it works and does not annoy that sounds ok.

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:59 PM

well, I'll be sticky to DMC 3, it's a horrible PC port, but at least I can play it without internet connections o/ o/ o/

Russian Mafia
  • Russian Mafia

Kappa123

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:00 PM

You can read more info here http://megagames.com...s-game-crackers
Dont think it will destroy mods, its just good system for checking your license, but I'm really worry about crashes and it will be -fps for low end systems. Also game maybe won't start with out internet connection. I hope Rockstar will do their best for optimise this DRM for all Steam users.
  • Zer0w5, GAMIR_GTA and Snorlax like this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:01 PM

To be honest there's no solid proof this is going ahead in GTA V. I think it's all scaremongering so far.

• theNGclan likes this

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

How do you guys even know it's that bad? Stop f*cking lying. Be happy it's not on GFWL. 

• MythAlex, Nuggets and MrLuquinhas like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:03 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 06 November 2014 - 09:03 PM.

This system will probably be for GTA Online mostly. It will probably check for checksums, differences in files, differences in memory addresses, data that doesn't go through in the same way, etc.

• lpgunit, Zer0w5, GAMIR_GTA and 12 others like this

fefenc
  • fefenc

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:08 PM Edited by fefenc, 06 November 2014 - 09:10 PM.

If the game not be DRM free = pice of crap

With exception of  "STEAM", GabeN is the boss, GabeN is the savior

• henry_Ö likes this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 06 November 2014 - 09:23 PM.

>'anti-tamper'
enjoy no script hooks, engine improvements, ENB, and so on, it's even worse than CEG
  • Jestic, lpgunit, Blackbird88 and 14 others like this

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:11 PM

This would've been interesting if Ash was still here... 

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait until it releases to see how it works.

• MythAlex, Mister P and fefenc like this

Snorlax
  • Snorlax

Thug

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by Snorlax, 06 November 2014 - 09:13 PM.

What are you think?

f*cking DRM. this is a bit disconcerting to me. these super aggressive anti-piracy measures come with a cost like you mentioned. the DRM in lords of the fallen and fifa 2015 apparently offloads itself to the CPU and causes performance loss as a result, which is bullsh*t.

on another note, rockstar must be getting scared. they're aware of just how pissed off they've made PC users, so they're probably anticipating lots of vengeful pirates. i'm against piracy, but i feel companies like rockstar sometimes deserve it. a part of me wishes they feel the sting of pirates lol. 

hopefully this DRM sh*t doesn't make it's way into gta v pc. drm is bad enough as it is. we don't need even more aggressive crap that potentially makes the game unmoddable or hampers performance. 

• Blackbird88, sharpie_eastern, MythAlex and 4 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users