• Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

Trivialass sh*t but looks like Donald Love didn't wear a coat, just a white shirt with a tie.

gta3_love02_1024x768.jpg

• Ivan1997GTA and Rachel Amber like this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

we wuz kingz

• Facade Corporation
  • Romania
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

The head also looks different. Atleast model wise. Also ironic enough, his body texture has a white version of Catalina/Miguel/BETA Claude's jacket, only the rear part however.
  • Ivan1997GTA and Rachel Amber like this

tetleyTA
  • tetleyTA

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

vehicles.dff from the mobile port of GTA 3 (models/generic) is basically the BETA Cabbie. It doesn't have a steering wheel and it also has _lo versions of the models inside it, much like the Buggy.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

It uses the following textures:

170619_j2Y.png

The engine can be found in joeys.txd and carundera64 can be found in many cars. cabbie256, however, is missing, along crackedglass128 and scratch128 (which I belive they are used by other cars but under different names). Actually, renaming the original cabbie8bit128 texture to cabbie256 will display the textures correctly... somewhat.

Note that it won't work by simply renaming the car from "vehicles.dff" from "cabbie.dff". You have to either reexport the car in 3ds max or use The Hero's convdff.exe. Now here are the results ingame:

bAoIJFf.png
YS6RppG.png
(hud by xinerki)

As you can see, the rear lights are wrongly mapped and it doesn't have bodymaps, but otherwise the car looks identical to the final version. However, the reflections and windows are a mess. Probably because of the conversion to mobile format.

This makes me think R* actually has a BETA build somewhere in their database. Much like the BETA Triads were once featured in the very same mobile version before.

EDIT: If anybody wants to look at this car ingame, I'll just leave this link. I remade cabbie256 by using a combination between leftover textures, Manhunt textures and XBOX GTA 3 textures and original cabbie8bit128. Apparently resizing the texture to 256x256 also fixed the chessboard lines on the rear doors aswell. Model was untouched, other than converting it to PC.

https://mega.nz/#!a4...i8SULYtoS53MXic

EDIT 2: A couple more details to add about the car:
-The window near the boot is damageable (wing_lb in hierarchy)
-Has no exhaust and no dummy exhaust
-It's actually smaller than the stock Cabbie. That's why Claude's head sometimes sticks out of the rooftop

So, vehicles.dff found in mobile version contains just a cabbie? Weird, considering the size of this file.

The Hero
  • The Hero

Into TheGame!!!

• Feroci
  • Germany
    Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Honorable Mention]
    Best Script or Plugin 2016 [SkyGfx]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 4 weeks ago

No, it has more. It's indeed embarrassing that it took so long for someone to notice X(

tetleyTA
  • tetleyTA

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by tetleyTA, 4 weeks ago.

No, it has more. It's indeed embarrassing that it took so long for someone to notice X(

I saw MattJ155 posting few updates on his YT channel, stating that some people actually managed to extract and bring back beta models. Specifically Rocket and Beamer. Making me wonder how can one do it. 

I have a feeling that R* is just fooking with us, putting this kind of file, containing beta models, 10 years after initial release of the game, and then it takes another 6-7 years to discover it.

Wondering what else are they gonna place in the future. Perhaps there is something similiar in GTA:SA mobile version?

B1n0ryD3v
  • B1n0ryD3v

B1n0ryD3v

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by GTAKid667, 3 weeks ago.

These are images of beta cars I found in the Capital Auto Sales Site, (https://www.rockstar...utos/index.html)

Spoiler

B_Smiles
  • B_Smiles

"Hi!"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

These are images of beta cars I found in the Capital Auto Sales Site

*yawn* Already known.

B1n0ryD3v
  • B1n0ryD3v

B1n0ryD3v

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

These are images of beta cars I found in the Capital Auto Sales Site

*yawn* Already known.

Yeah, I know, I just got bored...

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

we wuz kingz

• Facade Corporation
  • Romania
    Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jinx., 3 weeks ago.

I just noticed something.

Spoiler

Looks like "Don't SPANK Ma Bitch Up" had a different name in a past GameOn event.

EDIT: I think it's been known for a while. Whoops, my bad! Nonetheless, it's weird that it's been changed just for one event.

• George Costanza and kretin8 like this

The Hero
  • The Hero

Into TheGame!!!

• Feroci
  • Germany
    Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Honorable Mention]
    Best Script or Plugin 2016 [SkyGfx]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Learned something the other day:
The strange reflections you can see in these screenshots
gta3_156.jpg
gta3_133.jpg
Are basically still in the game. Now they do use a different reflection map, perhaps the one we see in this video: https://youtu.be/xQsKkF6Jknk?t=232
Anyway, what happens there is that the environment map is filtered with nearest/point filtering and not linear.
The reason I think this happens is that the PS2 MatFX pipeline (at least in RW 3.1) uses the same filtering as the diffuse map.
And why is the diffuse texture nearest filtered? Because the cars did not use body textures at that time, which causes the game to assign single coloured carcol textures, which use the default filtering, nearest. Why they do this I don't know, perhaps they preferred how the reflection map isn't modulated by the material colour this way. Ironically this is exactly what SkyGFX fixes...
The only vehicle that I know of that you can observe this behaviour on in the final game is the ghost boat: https://youtu.be/d8d6WZibS9k?t=198
  • =OG4life=, George Costanza, Jinx. and 7 others like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users