• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:43 PM

I know I was trying to make the Buffalo into a Manta but specular stuff kept me from enjoying it. I usually try not to do much with sports cars like that seeing as you don't always seem them around in real life and I'm more into doing up everyday cars than stuff you'd see out of a film or some rich dude's driveway, but I'll be sure to keep those ideas in mind for if and when I do decide to do something like that.

I MIGHT be able to do something like that with the Infernus, all it really takes would be just some material placement and bam - what you asked for.

• Burbalade likes this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

I know I was trying to make the Buffalo into a Manta but specular stuff kept me from enjoying it. I usually try not to do much with sports cars like that seeing as you don't always seem them around in real life and I'm more into doing up everyday cars than stuff you'd see out of a film or some rich dude's driveway, but I'll be sure to keep those ideas in mind for if and when I do decide to do something like that.

I MIGHT be able to do something like that with the Infernus, all it really takes would be just some material placement and bam - what you asked for.

Yeah I keep meaning to test it, but SA is still acting up on me..

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

Yeah I keep meaning to test it, but SA is still acting up on me..

Does it just freeze up after X amount of minutes? That happens to me a few times. It's gotta be some scripts interfering with one another.

Savidge
  • Savidge

aaa

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:54 PM

Someone has already made a Buffalo with Camaro headlights:

Spoiler

If you're going for that GT40 design, then why not put twin exhausts in the middle instead of the Bullet's default one exhaust on each side? Just a thought. :)

• universetwisters and Reyks like this

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:54 PM

Awesome, if you can manage to do that infernus it will look fantastic :D. The vanilla cars are great but sometimes they can get boring and a little restyle is always welcome.

• Savidge likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:56 PM

Awesome, if you can manage to do that infernus it will look fantastic :D. The vanilla cars are great but sometimes they can get boring and a little restyle is always welcome.

I could do it up now, seeing as I'm not doing anything at the moment other than playing the waiting game for some stuff I'm waiting on.

• Reyks and Savidge like this

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:19 PM

The Classic Camper and Clover Cabrio are awesome. I've always wanted a mod of the Clover with the top down. Thanks for this, keep up the great work!

• universetwisters and Savidge like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:38 AM

Speaking of stuff, here's something I've been working on and it's got good news and bad news. The good news is that I finally got around trying to remake my dad's old 1959 El Camino with a Voodoo and overall, I'm pretty pleased with the end result on how it looks. Now to the bad news; whenever I try to export it, it just isn't showing up ingame. I went to all the spawn places and nothing. It doesn't spawn in traffic either. I'm hoping it's just bad luck and not some bad, bad, bad glitch or something, seeing as some of the vehicles I've been working on lately have an issue of crashing when they're spawned or simply spawning with WAY too much specular. Hopefully I figure out how to fix this and wallah - safe.

This here's how it's looking, by the way.

76w2mdn.png

• Gramps, Jinx., Verdant and 5 others like this

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

#YardOn

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:56 AM

Nice going with this thread, mate! I've always had some ideas on how to mod GTA cars, and I was willing to start to do it myself, but I'll leave it to ya :p

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:03 AM

Nice going with this thread, mate! I've always had some ideas on how to mod GTA cars, and I was willing to start to do it myself, but I'll leave it to ya :p

Thanks duder, good to hear back from you :D  You got anything in mind out of wondering? I might be able to add it to the roster while I figure out what the hell's going on with the voodoo.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:13 AM

Speaking of stuff, here's something I've been working on and it's got good news and bad news. The good news is that I finally got around trying to remake my dad's old 1959 El Camino with a Voodoo and overall, I'm pretty pleased with the end result on how it looks. Now to the bad news; whenever I try to export it, it just isn't showing up ingame. I went to all the spawn places and nothing. It doesn't spawn in traffic either. I'm hoping it's just bad luck and not some bad, bad, bad glitch or something, seeing as some of the vehicles I've been working on lately have an issue of crashing when they're spawned or simply spawning with WAY too much specular. Hopefully I figure out how to fix this and wallah - safe.

This here's how it's looking, by the way.

76w2mdn.png

In my past experiences, when a car doesn't spawn... It usually means the game doesn't like it. I've installed more than a few mods, just to try and spawn and have the game sh*t itself. I'm not sure how to fix it, might be a bad .cfg line or anything like that. Something the game can't recognize.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:38 AM

In my past experiences, when a car doesn't spawn... It usually means the game doesn't like it. I've installed more than a few mods, just to try and spawn and have the game sh*t itself. I'm not sure how to fix it, might be a bad .cfg line or anything like that. Something the game can't recognize.

I wouldn't think it has anything to do with any lines or anything seeing as the only lines I mess with are carcols. Evidently, the way my stuff works with this is either:

A) It works fine and as it should
B) It doesn't spawn ingame and crashes when spawned with a trainer or whatever
C) It spawns, but with specular lighting out the ass.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:50 AM

I wouldn't think it has anything to do with any lines or anything seeing as the only lines I mess with are carcols. Evidently, the way my stuff works with this is either:

The specular lighting isn't too big of a deal. Personally, me being a perfectionist I would want the vehicle in the game, working and spawning before taking a gander at materials. We all work different ways though, maybe you could have epoxi or anybody else take a look at it?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:56 AM

The specular lighting isn't too big of a deal. Personally, me being a perfectionist I would want the vehicle in the game, working and spawning before taking a gander at materials. We all work different ways though, maybe you could have epoxi or anybody else take a look at it?

It is a big deal when it looks like this:

nOWD3tJ.png

I got a buddy of mine who helps test stuff out. If you want to look at it, I can send it your way if need be.

• Savidge likes this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:07 AM

So, since your taking suggestions or requests or whatever, I have something. A while back I was trying to make a vehicle for SA similar to the Sheriff's vehicle in V since I didn't like the Police Ranger in SA. I didn't like the end result and I'm pretty sure I don't have the model anymore. So, if it's not too much to ask, could you make a simple edit of the police car in SA to make a Sheriff's car? I don't play SA too much anymore, but I still think it'd be pretty cool to see.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:22 AM

So, since your taking suggestions or requests or whatever, I have something. A while back I was trying to make a vehicle for SA similar to the Sheriff's vehicle in V since I didn't like the Police Ranger in SA. I didn't like the end result and I'm pretty sure I don't have the model anymore. So, if it's not too much to ask, could you make a simple edit of the police car in SA to make a Sheriff's car? I don't play SA too much anymore, but I still think it'd be pretty cool to see.

That'd be pretty basic, just taking a regular squad car from SA, replace the police emblems with those of a Sheriff's department of your choosing, and then replace the Ranger with it. I'd do it, but then I know I'd be swamped with requests for stuff like an Arlington squad car, Daytona squad car, and so forth. As much as I love doing stuff like that, I don't wanna do the kind of stuff you'd see in a cop roleplay video.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:25 AM

That'd be pretty basic, just taking a regular squad car from SA, replace the police emblems with those of a Sheriff's department of your choosing, and then replace the Ranger with it. I'd do it, but then I know I'd be swamped with requests for stuff like an Arlington squad car, Daytona squad car, and so forth. As much as I love doing stuff like that, I don't wanna do the kind of stuff you'd see in a cop roleplay video.

I know what you mean. I guess the only reason I wanted it was to have a "better" experience while playing SA, but I rarely play it, let alone go in the countryside, so it'd be pretty much useless now that I think about it. I'd do it, but I don't have the time or the patience to do simple modding anymore.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:28 AM

I know what you mean. I guess the only reason I wanted it was to have a "better" experience while playing SA, but I rarely play it, let alone go in the countryside, so it'd be pretty much useless now that I think about it. I'd do it, but I don't have the time or the patience to do simple modding anymore.

I LOVE the countryside in San Andreas compared to the rest of the city, but I just don't get the appeal of, say, putting in a bunch of hyperrealistic vehicles like these:

Of course, it's just a matter of taste. I appreciate the work folks put into stuff like that, but at the end of the day I'm more of a "subtle edit here and there to make something blend in rather than stand out".

• SweetToadette01 and ClaudX like this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:39 AM

^Exactly. I hate when people put a bunch of mismatch vehicle and player mods that don't blend in. I downloaded a vehicle mod once, and that was only because they fit in and I wanted to see how well the models worked in SA. They fit in surprisingly well and I didn't notice them, but I quickly uninstalled them because I don't like replacing a couple things, even in a slightly different style. Anyway, back on topic, what else do you have in store for us besides what you posted earlier?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:50 AM

^Exactly. I hate when people put a bunch of mismatch vehicle and player mods that don't blend in. I downloaded a vehicle mod once, and that was only because they fit in and I wanted to see how well the models worked in SA. They fit in surprisingly well and I didn't notice them, but I quickly uninstalled them because I don't like replacing a couple things, even in a slightly different style. Anyway, back on topic, what else do you have in store for us besides what you posted earlier?

The thing about mods from what I've noticed is that they each have their own groups, all of which are pretty niche and specific. You've got folks who like just subtle GTA-styled edits like what I do, ALMOST610 does, and so forth. Then you've got people who want their games to be super realistic down to real life, for example. Then you got many many others. Folks who want nothing but gangs and gangs. Folks who want nothing but redneckey cars and stuff. And then nothing but TOHOU mods. Oh lordy, don't get me started.

I don't have much in store other than trying to get that Voodoo/Picador thing working perfectly ingame, seeing as I made it with my father's old El Camino in mind and I've worked hard on it to get it like how he had it. But yeah, that aside I've been making some interiors & cars for Shine 'O Vice and I'm making one of the rural towns in III Dark Edition. As far as other vehicles are concerned, I'd like to get Vice City's squad car working in San Andreas, but that's just an afterthought in the back of my head.

• ClaudX likes this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:25 AM

Y'know, i'm on the fence about mods like that...

On one hand, there's MORE than enough beautiful examples of most cars pre-1992, and that's usually what I would do. In fact, before I built my computer, over the summer while I waited I actually picked apart so many mod sites, finding the perfect replacements for the Rockstar vehicles. I had majority of the cars replaced with either similar, or even better High Quality mods. It's just nice driving through South Central and seeing a Ford Fairmont, and then an old Ford pickup, and then maybe an old Impala and then go to Downtown and see a modern Caprice, or a really nice Benzo or even maybe an old 911 Turbo. I don't know, it just makes the game seem more down to earth I guess.

But then there's the other side of the card, in which I LOVE and ADORE Rockstar-Styled mods. I have an entire folder, maybe 50 cars deep of just mods i've found all over the place of either the stock Rockstar vehicles with a simple wheel swap and some extras added and then I have complete overhauls but still the original idea is still in place. Lately, i've found with keeping with the stock feeling that Rockstar intended just makes the game not only look a lot better, but it makes it run better too. I'm ALL about looking good with minimal performance. Yeah, the High Poly conversions and whatnot look stunning, but as long as i'm the only one driving on the road then it's kinda useless to use since the performance of the game would literally be dog sh*t. Like, I built my computer to have GTA IV in mind and I can barely run SA on Very High so I had to make a compromise.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:39 AM

I don't mind having real life cars in a game, but only so long as they're in the same sort of style as other GTA cars. Like imagine if they made the Nebula resemble the Buick Century more with sloped-in front and a wraparound tailight. I wouldn't mind that. But if you're going to make an ultra super duper high poly one with realistic key locks, gear shifts, etc. then I'll just say "thanks, but no thanks". I dunno if you ever tried this before, but I look at that kind of stuff like weathering a scale model. You have to stop when you reach the point to where a vehicle blends in to it's surroundings, as opposed to just going and going and going until it looks like it sticks out like a sore thumb as opposed to blending in like it should.

• Blingy and Savidge like this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:49 AM

I don't mind having real life cars in a game, but only so long as they're in the same sort of style as other GTA cars. Like imagine if they made the Nebula resemble the Buick Century more with sloped-in front and a wraparound tailight. I wouldn't mind that. But if you're going to make an ultra super duper high poly one with realistic key locks, gear shifts, etc. then I'll just say "thanks, but no thanks". I dunno if you ever tried this before, but I look at that kind of stuff like weathering a scale model. You have to stop when you reach the point to where a vehicle blends in to it's surroundings, as opposed to just going and going and going until it looks like it sticks out like a sore thumb as opposed to blending in like it should.

No I see exactly what you're saying. I don't know, I'm not one for those mods either, but I do appreciate them in terms that it's just mind boggling how much detail was put in and although it looks great, like I said there's just no way possible of even being able to use them in traffic. Also, I love scale models so you won that point. 

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:15 PM

And that's why I don't like the ENB thread that much...;/
While I used to like such HQ cars, I'm starting to appreciate cars that actually fits to the game, and don't have 20mb DFF files :)
And your (and others' like Aztecas) job is just awesome.

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

San Andreas Rewind Vehicle Artist

• Feroci
  • Italy
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:17 PM Edited by Aztecas_5, 10 November 2014 - 01:44 PM.

Bullet:

You can make it resemble more the Ford GT40 with the two strips on top and the side strip with the car name on it.

EDIT: You will need to fix the license plate texture, Aztecas_5 can explain more about it.

iwoXWwL.jpg

if you are going to do this,you can also use my bullet,i mean if you don't want to fix the vanilla one

The Harwood Bitcher
  • The Harwood Bitcher

f*ck YOU

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:15 PM Edited by The Harwood Bitcher, 10 November 2014 - 07:18 PM.

i didn't know this side of you titty twisters, keep it going!!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:02 PM

i didn't know this side of you titty twisters, keep it going!!

YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME.

But all joking aside, I haven't done much today seeing as the majority of my day was occupied at the DMV, getting my driver's license. Speaking of the DMV, I gave the Voodoo/Picador to a buddy of mine to test and, surprisingly, it ended up working for him. All that needs to be done is to fix up the rear and wallah - nostalgia.

mOZYhQT.png

• Blingy, SweetToadette01, Jeansowaty and 5 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:55 PM Edited by universetwisters, 10 November 2014 - 11:57 PM.

Ladies and Gentlemen but mostly Gentlemen because I don't know the specific demographics on who downloads or follows my mods but regardless - The Voodoo Pickup/1959 Picador!

iv4QBrK.png

GTAGarage link
Sunshine Autos link

Special thanks SergeantSavage for the TXD.

• Blingy, Gutslab, Verdant and 8 others like this

Veroder
  • Veroder

That guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

I just love how original most of them look, it's almost as if Rockstar made them and not a modder. Keep up the good work!

• universetwisters and baconwizard like this

ArcadeWilliamz
  • ArcadeWilliamz

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:33 PM

Nice work!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users