SA Released
355 replies to this topic
Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:28 PM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 19 December 2014 - 11:29 PM.

v1.6

DOWNLOAD

Thats here... this IS NOT an important update, is optional

The .ini is same, all functions are same, then you don't need to reinstall the .ini. To you don't lose your current settings you can only install the .cs, open your .ini and put this in the end of file:

;------------ CUSTOM FUNCTIONS ------------;
; You can create your custom functions here.
;
; What you need:
; - A memory address. (a direct address that can be written, like 0x8CDEE4 (or 0x008CDEE4 or 8CDEE4 or $8CDEE4 etc)(not offsets like CVehicle+0xC4, +1069 etc). - You can found some memory addresses, for example, here: http://gtaforums.com/topic/194199-documenting-gta-sa-memory-adresses or here: http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=Memory_Addresses_%28SA%29 (Logically, only some addresses make sense to use).
; - Know how many Bytes have in this address [1 Byte(Byte), 2 Bytes(Word), 4 Bytes(Dword) or Float(numbers like 0.0, 1.0) etc]. If you don't know, you can try to guess, but may cause crashes.
;
; Example:
; "0x8CDEE4 - [dword] Max wanted level" - This address have 4 Bytes(Dword) and is stored a number on it, this number is the max wanted level (the default value, as you know is "6").
;
; How to add an address:
; - Get your address, as in the example "0x8CDEE4", copy the "8CDEE4", you need to convert from hexadecimal to decimal, for this, use a site or open the Calculator of your Windows: In "View" select "Programmer", in the window, set "Hex" and "Dword" or "Qword"(no matter).
; - Paste the "8CDEE4" and then select "Dec", will show "9232100", click with right mouse button and copy, use this number to the address here.
;
; How add more functions:
; - Below, an example of a function that changes the "Max wanted level" to "5", to add more functions copy everything and do the exact same thing, and change the "[1]" to "[2]", then "[3]" respectively. The limit is 25 functions! (up to [25]).
; - Remember to remove the ";" of ";[1]" to the function be loaded!
;

;[1]
Address  = 9232100   ; Memory address (converted to decimal).
Size     = D         ; Number of Bytes to be written. - You can put the number of Bytes or use shortcut letters as: B=1 Byte | W=2 Bytes | D=4 Bytes | F=Float (Remember of Float numbers (0.0, 1.0 etc) have 4 Bytes, but is necessary to use "F" here to say that this is a Float).
Value    = 5         ; Value to bem written in this address. - Unacceptable strings and if need to use a hexadecimal value, convert before to decimal.
  • Snoops27 likes this

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

• Feroci
  • Ukraine
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:53 PM Edited by DK22Pac, 19 December 2014 - 11:53 PM.

Ask Link to teach you how to use fgets/sscanf. WITHIN CLEO, so don't worry.

• Junior_Djjr likes this

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:46 AM

so, this can be used in cleo to convert a hex string to dec?

...I will check this soon

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:53 PM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 20 December 2014 - 06:54 PM.

some .asi mods are using decimal addresses, so I figured it would be nearly impossible with cleo, I have not thought it would be necessary to use a simple call lol

thanks for this tip :) worked

I will update this soon (I'm working on other thing now)

• Snoops27 likes this

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

ini

Address  = 0x8CDEE4

cs

0AF0: 0@ = get_int_from_ini_file "cleo\Mix Sets.ini" section [email protected] key "Address"

and worked

scrlog

00009657&1: [0AF0] READ_INT_FROM_INI_FILE "cleo\Mix Sets.ini" "1" "Address" -> 9232100

??? winapi/cleo already read hex from ini?? :blink: 

all I did was unnecessary lol

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

can anyone tell me what going on?

worked for me, don't worked to other guy

some pcs have suport to read hex from ini and not in others?

someone has more explanations for this, please? :)

nyolc8
  • nyolc8

-

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:04 PM

maybe it related on what cleo version installed?

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:08 AM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 23 December 2014 - 02:52 AM.

I think no, WinAPI is that reads the ini files

and the cleo's change log don't said anything about this

need more tests... or wait for some "elite guy" talk about this (I already asked to LINK/2012, and, don't know)

btw: I want to know about all this, only... to know... I can put the sscanf in the .cs and is all good

KELASHI
  • KELASHI

Crackhead

• Members
  • China

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:11 AM Edited by NcShane, 23 December 2014 - 02:35 AM.

Nothing.

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:27 AM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 23 December 2014 - 02:54 AM.

.-.

but the question is "cleo reads hexadecimal from .ini files?"

and, sorry, 0x8CDEE4 don't work :p

anyone, please, try this with v1.6:

[1]                
Address  = 0xB7015C
Size     = D       
Value    = 0x7D0 

replace in the end of file

then, look at your game's clock if now 1 min of game is 2 sec instead 1 sec (days with 48 hours instead 24 hour)

if works, say here and say your cleo version too, I'm testing in my forum too

edit: I asked to Deji about this... if cleo have a hex conversor etc

KELASHI
  • KELASHI

Crackhead

• Members
  • China

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:35 AM Edited by NcShane, 25 December 2014 - 04:35 AM.

scanf functions can read different formats of integer with use of "%i". Seems cleo did. The custom function works correctly, regardless of format. However the game often writes to addresses twice(initialization, data from save), right after scripts ran. I set DelayToRead to make sure mix sets is the last writer. :colgate:

• Junior_Djjr likes this

eugene89
  • eugene89

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:31 AM

Is there a way I can turn of all peds and traffic using this mod :panic:

Fantomax
  • Fantomax

X-Force Rulez

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

Sorry for bumping, Is there any way to Disable LOD permanently? 

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

Sorry for bumping, Is there any way to Disable LOD permanently? 

If only :(. Kind of like r_lod in Source engine

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:29 PM Edited by StrafeBolt, 06 January 2015 - 05:30 PM.

I was thinking about LODs the other day and an idea came to mind that i'm not sure if it's possible.

Instead of completely removing LOD stuff from the game or replacing it whit the original models, would it be possible to increase the distance in wich you can see them?

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

I was thinking about LODs the other day and an idea came to mind that i'm not sure if it's possible.

Instead of completely removing LOD stuff from the game or replacing it whit the original models, would it be possible to increase the distance in wich you can see them?

Depends on what you mean.

You can increase the draw distance of LOD's in the IDE Tweaker. But if you mean increasing the draw distance of non-LOD's before they turn into LOD's, well the IDE Tweaker can do that to. :p

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:35 PM Edited by Blackbird88, 06 January 2015 - 05:35 PM.

u

You can increase the draw distance of LOD's in the IDE Tweaker. But if you mean increasing the draw distance of non-LOD's before they turn into LOD's, well the IDE Tweaker can do that to. :p

So is it possible to set them to something like Unlimited so they never appear? Easily one of best features of Quake-based engines.

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

I know about that but it doesn't really work all that well, you can see trees  and other objects just popping out of nowhere,you can still see LOD even if you set it to absurd numbers also the game goes nuts if you set it too high(try to spawn jetpack).

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

I can be lazy only for so long...

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

Well, I use -BLITZ-'s Lod Mod and it works very fine for me. I think this mod is very overlooked.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

Well, I use -BLITZ-'s Lod Mod and it works very fine for me. I think this mod is very overlooked.

But this replaces all the models doesn't it? A switch that could just turn them off would be much better and elegant.
  • Fantomax, Reyks and Snoops27 like this

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:15 PM Edited by StrafeBolt, 06 January 2015 - 06:15 PM.

But this replaces all the models doesn't it? A switch that could just turn them off would be much better and elegant.

This^

But that could cause a few problems as well see SA_LODless for example:

- Models will only appear when you are looking towards the area. While this is not actually a bug with this mod, the game automatically loads the LODs no matter if you are looking at the area or not, then replaces the Lods with the HQ models when you do look. Hopefully this can be sorted one day.

Idk maybe a script could be a different story...

• Snoops27 likes this

Fantomax
  • Fantomax

X-Force Rulez

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

Well, it DOES state Hopefully this can be sorted one day.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:52 PM

Eh, just tweak the models DD manually to be like 2000 and set the max non-LOD value to the same.

Hint - might reduce performance since LOD sectors will end up being unused.

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

Eh, just tweak the models DD manually to be like 2000 and set the max non-LOD value to the same.

Hint - might reduce performance since LOD sectors will end up being unused.

You mean change the DD of the models on every IDE file one by one? Take could be a pain to do...

What about a script that forces all models to have 2000(or more) draw distance?

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

That's because trees are limited by the binary IPL's. Binary IPL's only load in sections.

Check the bonus scripts for P2dfx, there should be a simple CLEO script that aStiffSausage helped me with, it makes the binary IPL's load no matter where you are.

0_0

IdWjjzR.png

It looks amazing, sadly my GT630 can't handle this much stuff on screen getting like 10-20 fps :/.

• TJGM likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

Okay, I removed my previous post and instead I thought I'd just do the settings for OLA and the IDE Tweaker instead, this works fine for me the only time I get LOD's is when the map is loading (this will happen no matter which way you do it).

Settings for IDE Tweaker and OLA

Stream memory fix (use the 1.0 version)

Screenshots:

Spoiler

• Reyks likes this

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

Game crashes for me with these OLA settings, works fine with these:

Basically added an extra 0 to them.

Buildings = 150000
Objects = 35000
Dummys = 95000
StreamingObjectInstancesList = 75000

But it still lags a lot for me, wich is expected due to my sh*tty GPU.
  • damiann69 and SilverRST like this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:00 PM

I tried this and SA loads fine. The problem is, it's damn unstable. It crashes after a few seconds after walking out of my savehouse.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

I tried this and SA loads fine. The problem is, it's damn unstable. It crashes after a few seconds after walking out of my savehouse.

Try the OLA settings that StrafeBolt posted. It worked fine for me, but I might have accidentally reset some of them before uploading.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:06 PM Edited by SilverRST, 07 January 2015 - 05:09 PM.

Try the OLA settings that StrafeBolt posted. It worked fine for me, but I might have accidentally reset some of them before uploading.

Yes, right after I posted my previous reply I saw his post and applied his settings and it works.

What a difference to see all those objects in the distance!

I forgot to ask something. we don't need sa draw distance changer really, right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users