Photo

San Andreas Xbox 360 List of Issues

246 replies to this topic
CheatingSoi
  • CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:59 AM Edited by CheatingSoi, 27 October 2014 - 04:02 AM.

I'm not sure if anyone has discussed this yet but I've been playing the remake, literally all day long. Even though I barley see a reason to upgrade, I needed an excuse to start playing San Andreas again. Anyways, here a few glitches within it that bother me.

-During some cutscenes, the voice audio suddenly stops.

-Game stutters for a few seconds when you press start

-During cutscenes, any character leaving the edge of the screen gets frozen in place.

-Framerate drops more than I remember.

-Triggers not analog, only digital.

-Free aiming and auto aim seperate. No analog support to choose between at will.

-No rumble support.

I can't remmeber all of the other things I noticed but these are what I remmeber. I also don't like all of the pop-up. I would have thought they could have really just thrown a lot more at the console. Loading plenty more in and far more draw-distance. It's not bad at all, especially because they didn't announce it. So there should be no expectations. But still.
  • universetwisters, Fallcreek and Awesom-0 like this

Nitrous~
  • Nitrous~

:^)

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:11 AM

Lol its really that bad? :die:

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Kill them assholes! Man, this is a good sandwich.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:23 AM

-During cutscenes, any character leaving the edge of the screen gets frozen in place.

Can you explain this one a bit? If you watch the animation on an animation viewer, characters are usually frozen until it's time for their acting part. Do you mean if the edge of the screen gets to them, they freeze in place?

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:41 AM

- Lack of grass in the game
- Cars have very strange acceleration (too fast) and they are making strange moves while accelerating (shaking back and forth)
  • Kalerney, Octane, Awesom-0 and 1 other like this

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

Sh*t, the X360 version is a totally mess, for now.

• Kalerney likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:20 AM

Well, that was quick.

• iFarbod likes this

Thelankymidget
  • Thelankymidget

That one guy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:47 AM Edited by Thelankymidget, 27 October 2014 - 08:49 AM.

When recording yesterday I noticed that when holding the spray can the area between CJs belt and vest just disappeared completely.

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

🎃 ゾーン

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:51 AM Edited by Pumpkin Zone, 27 October 2014 - 09:03 AM.

I am having a lot of similar issues, the problem lies in the fact this is actually a port of the iOS version and as such has a lot of problems that version has being a modified PC code.

The cars shake violently, an issue that has occurred since the PC release (only happens on select platforms, happens on all smart phone releases).

Also had the cutscene audio quit halfway through the opening sequence.

And I just got on here to see if anyone has talked about it yet because my ENTIRE 360 crashed in the mission Tagging Up Turf. This is disappointing.

edit:

Forgot to mention the horrible control scheme. You either turn lock-on on, or free aim on. There's no inbetween. Like in the original PS2 release you could lock on, and then press RB and I think the analog stick to switch to auto-aim. I haven't found a way to do that, but maybe I have to get to the one gun explanation mission.

Theres no pedalling bikes anymore. You hold accelerate and wait for CJ to pedal hard, you can't do that yourself anymore because gas is set by default to the trigger and you can't "pedal" a trigger. There is a classic GTA control scheme but it has the same problem. You hold A to go, can't pedal.

Theres a lot of iOS quirks that absolutely break the controls for a console release. When you hold run and hit a wall, you end up vaulting over it automatically. Never having to press jump (but you still can). This has caused so many problems where the game thinks I'm walking toward a wall, and makes CJ jump for it, but since I am not trying to climb it he jumps in the middle of action.

edit 2:

Just read this in another thread, and experienced it just now by myself. Some songs skip straight from the beginning (intro DJ speaking) to the end (outro DJ speaking). I just missed Zapp's 'I Can Make You Dance' due to this glitch so I'm pissed.

• Johan, Kalerney and Awesom-0 like this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

I'm also having problems with my console freeze when trying to start the "Sweets Girl" mission.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there any fix to this or should i just wait until R* fixes it?

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

I'm really hoping the game gets an update to fix the technical issues. I've frozen about 3 times in maybe 20 minutes time.

And not as important as that^, but I also want an updated controller configuration to make it more like the modern games(LT = aim, RT = fire).

That is really all I ask for. Everything else is fine. I'd obviously like the missing songs back, but I understand that is a legal issue and cannot really be fixed.

• Awesom-0 likes this

Mavies
  • Mavies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

There is Also a Issue where you do the mission Life's a Beach. When you press the buttons for the Dancing mini game the buttons are messed up where if you get good on every button you still don't achieve 2500 score which is your goal. the only possible way i did this was to press the button before they would come to the middile which you have to do.so mess up the buttons by getting bad and your points still go up and then its possible to get over 2500 score

MythAlex
  • MythAlex

May the Force be with you!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM Edited by MythAlex, 27 October 2014 - 12:47 PM.

Guys, stop complaining and being lazy.

If you want the bugs / problems fixed, then REPORT them to Rockstar Support: https://support.rock...us/requests/new

It's worth the try. Maybe Rockstar will fix the audio cutscenes issues, the mission bugs, the random freezing, the missing grass, the missing camera control when flying, so on. So go and report the issues NOW !

(I already reported many of those)

• Dяno and ToX1k GhOsT like this

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:38 PM

sometimes when i shoot someone they lose no health.

a3HeadedMonkey
  • a3HeadedMonkey

People Smuggler

• Members

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

The two biggest issues I'm facing are the lock on / free aim issue & the camera issue when flying (ie there is no camera control at all).

If they can fix these, I'll happily play it, forgiving everything else seeing as it was £3. Until then, I'm going back to my Xbox Originals version.

SergeantDWPR
  • SergeantDWPR

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:45 PM Edited by SergeantDWPR, 27 October 2014 - 08:49 PM.

My biggest issue is that it isn't available in Australia. I'm blaming Microsoft and not Rockstar as it is available for download for mobile devices

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

My biggest issue is that it isn't available in Australia. I'm blaming Microsoft and not Rockstar as it is available for download for mobile devices

Mobile version has been released in 2012.
XBOX version has been released... Guess what? Less than TWO days ago.

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:18 PM Edited by Cr!minal, 27 October 2014 - 01:19 PM.

- Music in radio stations sometimes suddenly skips to the end or next track. This seems to happen pretty randomly.

- Alpha transparency has still not yet fixed after 10 years! Look at helicopter rotors.

- When you exit some fast food restaurants, there's a door missing (when walk out animation happens)

(I already reported these and various other bugs to R* and you guys should too).

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

I haven't played it myself, although I've seen videos of it just this morning. Everything looks too goddamn shiny, it really lost the original "grit" that came with the earlier versions. Now it looks like everything and their mother was coated in the shiniest varnish money can buy.

VERSA
  • VERSA

Flying Ped in Space

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

Soooo...thanks x360 users for beta testing? Waiting for fixed version on PC and PS3 I guess...

Mavies
  • Mavies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

Soooo...thanks x360 users for beta testing? Waiting for fixed version on PC and PS3 I guess...

it does feel like a beta... FOR A 10 YEAR OLD GAME?? the original isnt this glitchy lol

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

---

• Members
  • France

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

- Swimming control are f*cked up.

- CJ forgot how to use a manual transmission.

- Gym mini games have been drastically toned down.

- Sound FX are incorrectly played : sometimes they're played way too loudly, while other times they're barely audible. 

- Automatic climbing ... Frustration level 1000. 

- Inability to move the camera while flying a plane.

And so on ... 

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

I haven't played it myself, although I've seen videos of it just this morning. Everything looks too goddamn shiny, it really lost the original "grit" that came with the earlier versions. Now it looks like everything and their mother was coated in the shiniest varnish money can buy.

LOL this

I thought about buying the remasterd version until I saw videos on youtube.

Ill stick with the orginal as all the nostalgic feels are lost in the new version

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

- Cars have very strange acceleration (too fast) and they are making strange moves while accelerating (shaking back and forth)

All mobile versions have this bug. Rockstar doesn't care.

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

what did he mean by this

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

Yep, got that too..

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:24 PM Edited by _CP_, 27 October 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Spoiler

They don't give a sh*t about it.
  • Kalvin likes this

MythAlex
  • MythAlex

May the Force be with you!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

Spoiler

They don't give a sh*t about it.

That's your opinion. Just report the bugs. MAYBE they will fix them.

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

---

• Members
  • France

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:59 PM Edited by Kalerney, 27 October 2014 - 03:59 PM.

^ MythAlex : You're working for R* ? Every single post coming from you are R* Support related.

• Snoops27 and BlackScout like this

DylanBrah
  • DylanBrah

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:17 PM

I can't pass the Life's a Beach mission where you have to dance, I 100% it and I can't get the required 2500 pts to pass. f*cken bullsh*t.

Captain Mannering
  • Captain Mannering

Capture And Release

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

Noticed a few problems that other people have encountered.

Game freezing, game stuttering, the controls are messy (especially the aiming and shooting), very hard to pass the mission "Life's A Beach" even if you have got "Great" on every button sequence, the audio stops in some cutscenes..

There's quite a lot.

DaveGrimes96
  • DaveGrimes96

Oh my bad, mister Gold Card!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

what's weird is I was listening to the radio in the audio menu and none of the songs stopped halfway through

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users