Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:46 PM

No, please, don't die D:

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:34 PM

OP is still active so maybe its on hold for now.

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

This mod is dead?

No, please, don't die D:

I'm having problems irl due to financial sanctions, so it's on hold for now.

sammystarock
  • sammystarock

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:53 PM Edited by mistersam, 26 April 2015 - 04:53 PM.

I'm having problems irl due to financial sanctions, so it's on hold for now.

I think we all understood that, it's rather the fact that Zeberpal isn't posting any status updates which is irritating.

It's a shame that it's always these kinds of glorious mods that are having trouble being finished, but quite frankly I was expecting something like this to happen with such an enormous project. I just hope Zeberpal didn't quit it in the meanwhile because I can't tell how badly I want to play a 3D version of GTA 2 for so long now, especially on something like the Doom engine which fits the original GTA 2 graphics better than anything else in my opinion. It may be a good idea to recruit some help for this mod, I'm sure that there are many modders here that would enjoy helping in developing it. I just don't want to see it slowly dying until nothing of it is left.

With the mod developer still being active, my hope is not entirely lost though. Keep up the good work, Zeberpal! This mod started off so well, it would be amazing to see it finished!

WhiteRex
  • WhiteRex

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:59 PM

No words man!

really-surprised-kitty.jpg

_Sc0rpion
  • _Sc0rpion

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:05 AM

This mod is very beautiful, can not simply die! D:

Zeberpal
  • Zeberpal

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:11 AM

Okay, I've been working on it a little. Don't look at cars, they are random, I just imported those to see how would it look overall. Also pedestrians, they are just carmageddon static sprites, i'll have to animate them too, as well as to model proper cars.

Spoiler

Radar is very buggy at the moment, it constantly breaks.

• shantam777, Blackbird88, Sleepy93HUN and 18 others like this

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

That looks truly amazing I say. Glad to hear it's not dead :)

• Sergiu, Kafonix and Zeberpal like this

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:32 AM Edited by Sergiu, 04 September 2015 - 10:39 AM.

Indeed, I love the looks of this mod. Truly brings Anywhere City to its full shine.

My only problem has to be the style of the interface - it looks quite a lot like San Andreas'.

It's a matter of personal taste but I'd say that, in my opinion, a GTA 2 styled interface or at least III one would do better.

As for everything else, amazing work! Looking forward to more news. :)

• //XP//, ClaudeSpeed1911, Kafonix and 3 others like this

shantam777
  • shantam777

Error 404 - Not Found

• Members

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

Holy sh*t...you really took it to a whole new level. I'm speechless. This is spectacular

• Kafonix, Zeberpal and Ivan1997GTA like this

FMMZ
  • FMMZ

Comrade

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:23 PM

Totally awesome. You rock Zeberpal!

• Zeberpal and Ivan1997GTA like this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:01 AM

This looks so f*cking cool! Can't wait for the demo! Wishing you good luck on this port of GTA2 to DooM!

• Zeberpal likes this

SkyHunted
  • SkyHunted

Brainless

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:55 AM

This is SPECTACULAR , i would devinitely try this out when it comes out , i never really played GTA2 because it's top-down , but with this mod , i can finally make myself play GTa2.

the UI also looks very great ! i really loved the radar , it really remind me of GTA V's radar. this is perfect. 

oh , and there's cars too ! is it going to be drivable ??

• Sergiu, Kafonix and Zeberpal like this

Zeberpal
  • Zeberpal

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:40 AM Edited by Zeberpal, 05 September 2015 - 08:40 AM.

Issik, they definitely will be. I'm having a little trouble with camera for now, it's not as smooth as I'd like it to be, but anyway it's far not the time to worry about it for now.

Also, thanks everyone for approving posts, it really gives me a will to go on with this project.

• Blackbird88, Kalvin, Mr. Jago and 9 others like this

sammystarock
  • sammystarock

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

Zeberpal, I think I love you.

• Kafonix and Zeberpal like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:05 PM

Love the looks of the mod, its full of atomsphere.

Will you make the peds an stuff 3d or sprites and will there be missions? 

• Zeberpal likes this

//XP//
  • //XP//

Neglection can kill

• Facade
  • None

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

Will you make the peds an stuff 3d or sprites and will there be missions? 

He said he'll use sprites for peds, just like in Carmageddon. That's the best way around in my opinion.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Shaominator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:25 PM

I'm speechless. Awesome job.

• Zeberpal likes this

sammystarock
  • sammystarock

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:50 AM Edited by mistersam, 11 September 2015 - 06:53 AM.

OK, so I had the time now to look at the screens for a longer time and I agree with Sergiu.

I think the HUD should be made in the style of the original GTA 2 one. Now it shouldn't be exactly the same, but you should be able to recognize it's from GTA 2. Just like I think the Doom engine is perfect for this game, and any other engine (San Andreas or RAGE) would destroy the original atmosphere.
You could get rid of the health and armor bars and add the original heart and shield icons whose number would decrease if you get hurt. You can still keep the numbers though, I like that. Same goes for the wanted level. Multiple cop heads would look better, you could still keep the "Wanted LV. 5" underneath them. When it comes to the weapon icons, I don't like the square and I would prefer weapons that are being highlighted green, just as in the original game. Also, it would improve a lot on the atmosphere if you would use the original fonts for everything in the game. I think the Pricedown font shouldn't be included anywhere in GTA 2.

Concerning the radar, I think it really fits the game, but once again, it would look better if it would be styled in a more retro way. It could be a bit more pixelated, shouldn't be translucide and the edges could be green, just like for the weapons in the original game. Rounded down corners would look great too!

I know these are all very minor details and there is a lot more to work on in this mod, but I just wanted to write down my entire opinion on the interface, because from what I've seen on the screenshots, it's the only thing that I don't like entirely the way it is. Anything else is just mindblowingly great, Zeberpal! It looks exactly the way I always imagined a 3D GTA 2 to be. I especially enjoyed the screenshot with the priests in front of the church and a prostitute between them. This is GTA 2.

Keep up the good work, Zeberpal, take your time, you are extremely talented and I can see that you are a true GTA 2 fan with all the love and work you put into this mod. I will absolutely support this project and I hope we will all be able to play this game sometime!

• //XP//, Zeberpal and Ivan1997GTA like this

Shakez
  • Shakez

SHAKE IT

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:00 AM

Ye.Keep the original hud from gta 2..Ofc..You can remastered it a bit.But with that gta v style it will lose from original atmosphere like mistersam said
Good luck and don't give up this mod

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Thug

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

This is amazing. I'm a huge fan of Doom games and I am looking forward to play this mod! :^:

I also like the HUD very much, so please don't change it! I like how it has both numbers and bars for health and armor display. :)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Shakez
  • Shakez

SHAKE IT

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:42 PM

Oh..When I mean hud.I mean the radar..Hud with weapons and health is great :D
But the radar is in the style of V and...u know...kinda losing that feel of gta 2

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

//XP//
  • //XP//

Neglection can kill

• Facade
  • None

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

Everything should be done in GTA2 style, including the HUD.

I was thinking about something else for the radar. Do you know the timer that appears when you do kill frenzies? Well, you can edit it and make it be like some sort of a GPS.

Yeah, it's quite a wild idea, but that would look alot better than doing a V-styled radar.

• sammystarock and Ivan1997GTA like this

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Thug

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

Oh my bad, I thought you meant the health and armor display, those are great! Yeah I agree about radar, it shouldn't be V style because it doesn't blend well with the rest of HUD. ;)

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:34 PM

Everything should be done in GTA2 style, including the HUD.

Woah just take it easy. It`s not your mod so please have more humility and I like it surely autor too if he crate it so don`t be rude. Ok ;)

• shantam777 and Ivan1997GTA like this

//XP//
  • //XP//

Neglection can kill

• Facade
  • None

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:43 PM Edited by //XP//, 11 September 2015 - 06:44 PM.

Woah just take it easy. It`s not your mod so please have more humility and I like it surely autor too if he crate it so don`t be rude. Ok ;)

I'm not being rude. My statement probably seemed a bit too direct, causing to be seen as rude.

Anyways, more people had stated that the interface would look better if a more GTA2-styled HUD would be used. The San Andreas style HUD doesn't fit as much as the original one does.

• sammystarock likes this

sammystarock
  • sammystarock

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:16 PM

Well, we are here to express our opinion on the mod. It's still up to Zeberpal if he agrees with us or not. The more people say their honest opinion, the better for the development. Nobody is being rude.

• Mr. Jago, //XP// and Ivan1997GTA like this

shantam777
  • shantam777

Error 404 - Not Found

• Members

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:56 AM

Since everyone's expressing their opinions here regarding the HUD, I'd like to express mine as well. I like the HUD the way it is now, and don't think it needs to be changed. I get that since the mod is based off GTA2, everyone wants it to resemble it as close as it can. However, considering the huge amount of effort Zeberpal has put in this mod, I'd say the guy deserves quite a bit of creative liberty.

On a side note, it would be better if you can all say how you'd like it to be instead of how it should be whenever you're expressing your opinions. Otherwise it implies as if you have some creative control over this, which you don't. Peace out.

• Blackbird88, Mr. Jago, //XP// and 3 others like this

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

Any amazing progress so far?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users