The Ballad of Gay Tony appreciation thread

89 replies to this topic
WandererNiko
  • WandererNiko

Wanderer

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:53 PM

Does anyone here still play TBOGT? Besides fefenc.

Here.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

Do you enjoy it WandererNiko?

Voggs
  • Voggs

Just like the white winged dove

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

I still do, but if the parachute, dancing/clubbing activity and Buzzard were available in IV, I wouldn't even touch TBOGT again in a long time.

IMO TBoGT>IV

f-cat5446eb830017ef29.gif

• Payne Killer likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

Does anybody else replay BLVD Baby just to shoot up Bahama Mamas? I wish that club were available outside of that mission.

• Official General and Niobium like this

WandererNiko
  • WandererNiko

Wanderer

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:33 AM

Do you enjoy it WandererNiko?

I actually do. I can recognize many good features in each GTA IV "version". In TBoGT I consider that Rockstar did a smart move at making a Liberty City full of colours, fun, speed and the always present violence, instead of the serious sense shown in the previous games.

Liberty City became a city full of things to do and enjoy, the player can jump from a building, from a helicopter, fall on a moving truck, he/she can also enjoy a Triathlon in different parts of the city, and much more. In the other hand, the player can "hang out" with Armando and Henrique, and receive a lot of money in the process, or cross the street and bet on fighters, or even become one and take the risk of a fight-to-death encounter.

If you ask me, I prefer GTA IV and TLaD, but that is a personal preference, I like to see the city in a serious and dark mood, but many other people prefer to have fun in a city full of exciting things available to see and do. Even I like to escape from the serious mood of GTA IV and beat some racers in a Triathlon, or drink something at Maisonette 9. 

As I said, I think that every game has excellent stuff to show, it depends on how players recognize the stuff.

Just my opinion.

• O.Z, Algonquin Assassin, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

The Bad
  • The Bad

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:57 AM Edited by The Bad, 22 October 2014 - 04:04 AM.

Played it mostly for multiplayer when it first came out and it was fun for a while until the kiddies got ahold of the Buzzard helicopter and the rocket spam began. Then the modders came and totally ruined the fun - console freezing, rapid fire, teleportation, et cetera...

As for Single Player, I'll admit it was pretty badass. The night life that Liberty City introduced was kinda cool. As for Luis, he was an alright character (definitely not even in my top 5 in the entire series) but he was alright... Although, in my opinion this is when Rockstar's (Dan Houser) writing script took a little decline and it went on to show in GTA V.

If I had to give it a decent rate I'd probably give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5. Still a good game though.

I really wish there would've been a third Episode. Maybe one allowing us to take the role of "Gordon" (an associate of the McCreary Family). It could've introduced us to the Irish Mob aspect of Liberty City going to war with a few of the Italian families. We could've had a safe house out in Steinway in Dukes and Gordon's vehicle could've been an Oracle. We could've seen a different side of the McCreary's. (This would've been a separate storyline instead of intertwining with IV).
  • Algonquin Assassin and Official General like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

It seems that about 80% of the people of this forum hates GTA V

That's an exaggeration.

OT: My favorite DLC from EFLC. Like most have said before, this is a perfect blend of IV and SA. Story was less dramatic, but not-as over the top as V is. Driving was perfect, best GTA driving to date. Removal of blur and color filter in the console versions of the game really helped too.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:56 PM

Does anybody else replay BLVD Baby just to shoot up Bahama Mamas? I wish that club were available outside of that mission.

Yeah man I f*ckin love that mission. I love the intensity of shootouts in crowded interiors like nightclubs with bullets flying everywhere, everybody running and screaming, that mission does it brilliantly. 

I also really enjoyed the Traingle strip club shootout in IV too, that was very good. 

• dognuts, Voggs and Payne Killer like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:30 PM Edited by Militia, 26 October 2014 - 02:34 PM.

I am not gonna lie, but Boulevard Baby was one of my LEAST favorite missions in TBoGT.  I didn't think dancing was all that great, furthermore, I didn't like the Dancing that was required for 100%, either.  Where you gotta complete a Bus Stop in Masonette 9 and Hercules.  It wasn't hard, but it was a lame feature, kinda reminds me of Yoga in V, tbh.  I much rather Bowling, Darts, and Pool.  Golf wasn't bad, either.  But even still, I am not very impressed with such minigames in a GTA Game.  Just seems a bit, "off," imo.

There was other strange, weak missions in TBoGT........However, the good missions were REALLY good.  Like, all of Yusuf's missions were immensely fun, imo, and a handful of other missions, too.  But there was "filler" in TBoGT, compared to no filler in TLaD.

Cage Fighting was pretty cool, I just wasn't very good at it and had to reload like 30 times in total before I passed Round 6.  Base Jumps were very repetitive and got boring after the first 5 of them, then had to do 10 more still.  Triathalons were cool, but ultra easy, just like the races in GTA IV.  They are mindless, for the most part.  Club Management was repetitve with many silly missions involved as well.  Random Encounters were not bad, but no different than the ones found in IV and TLaD.  Champagne Drink Off was lame as sh*t and ultra easy, imo, as well.  Seagulls were in much easier to find spots which didn't make me go "How the f*ck is there a Pigeon/Seagull here?!" like I said when I did 200 Pigeons in GTA IV.  Drug Wars was totally awesome and probably the best feature, except they were MUCH easier than Gang Wars in TLaD.

• Luuk' likes this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

We followed Niko as he traversed Liberty City to find his foes, old and new. We walked with Johnny as he was torn apart by betrayal and loss. We saw the understories of Liberty City and experienced things that normal people wouldn't have been able to handle. We always felt like we were fighting to get to the top, but never got there. And then, the fight ended. We opened our eyes and saw the bright lights of Algonquin. The neon of the nightclubs and the sportcars dazzled us. We felt as if we were living a different style than the ones we had experienced. We were. Luis is a man who only wants to live peacefully with his nightclub life. However, he cannot because his friends, family, and even foes keep tearing him away from his fun with their own problems. His boss has been stealing from his own club to help pay off some mafia goons. His friends have gotten into dangerous business with drugs. His own mother is making deals with loan sharks. All Luis wants to do is party in the glamaorous nightclubs, but he's busy trying to pull his friends and family out of the hole that they have dug for themselves. Luis didn't have to. He could've just wished them away and kept partying, but he didn't. He helped all of them because he loves them and wants to protect them. And that is what makes Luis one of my favorite protagonists, his dedication and loyalty to his friends and family. He always helps them, no matter what the circumstances. Other protagonists can be like this to, but the lengths that Luis goes to to protect his loved ones are incredible.

• gunziness, Gokuzbu, Gummy  and 2 others like this

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:09 PM

We followed Niko as he traversed Liberty City to find his foes, old and new. We walked with Johnny as he was torn apart by betrayal and loss. We saw the understories of Liberty City and experienced things that normal people wouldn't have been able to handle. We always felt like we were fighting to get to the top, but never got there. And then, the fight ended. We opened our eyes and saw the bright lights of Algonquin. The neon of the nightclubs and the sportcars dazzled us. We felt as if we were living a different style than the ones we had experienced. We were. Luis is a man who only wants to live peacefully with his nightclub life. However, he cannot because his friends, family, and even foes keep tearing him away from his fun with their own problems. His boss has been stealing from his own club to help pay off some mafia goons. His friends have gotten into dangerous business with drugs. His own mother is making deals with loan sharks. All Luis wants to do is party in the glamaorous nightclubs, but he's busy trying to pull his friends and family out of the hole that they have dug for themselves. Luis didn't have to. He could've just wished them away and kept partying, but he didn't. He helped all of them because he loves them and wants to protect them. And that is what makes Luis one of my favorite protagonists, his dedication and loyalty to his friends and family. He always helps them, no matter what the circumstances. Other protagonists can be like this to, but the lengths that Luis goes to to protect his loved ones are incredible.

I make your words as mine's :)

Luis is the best HD era GTA character ever.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

The dancing in BLVD Baby I can take or leave but that shootout is just incredible and it has the best nightclub in perhaps the entire series. Another great mission is the one where you fight Noose in the underground parking deck.

• dognuts, MorsPrincipiumEst and Payne Killer like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:07 PM

The dancing in BLVD Baby I can take or leave but that shootout is just incredible and it has the best nightclub in perhaps the entire series. Another great mission is the one where you fight Noose in the underground parking deck.

Yeah the shootout after the blowjob cutscene was nice, but the dancing, which was half of the mission objectives, was lame.

Yeah, that's surely a mission I liked in TBoGT, too.  Like I said, the ones that WERE good, were REALLY good.  But there was still a handful of filler missions.  When dealing with such a small DLC with 26 main story missions, having even 5-6-7 filler missions is not good for me when you have that little total story missions.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:59 PM Edited by Official General, 26 October 2014 - 08:02 PM.

@ Militia

When I said I love the BLVD Baby mission in TBOGT, I'm not referring to the dancing part, I'm referring to the club shootout and the very hilarious part where Luis gets caught bangin that guy's chick. The dancing as an activity I didn't mind, I can take it or leave it. But what I did not like about the dancing, was that it was quite difficult, and it was a bit too long - it really annoyed me after a while.

I just loved the interior of the Bahama Mamas nightclub, the vibe was great and the place throbbing with excitement and activity. It really felt like you were experience the best of authentic Liberty City nightlife. And the shootout was the off the chain as we already know.
  • dognuts and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by Militia, 26 October 2014 - 08:26 PM.

Oh, I absolutely agree.  It was just the dancing part being tricky at times until I figured out what it was telling me to do with the controller.  Also when I think Boulevard Baby, all I seem to think and what gets put in my mind is how frustrated I was with the mission and dancing.  But yeah, the shootout was hella great, that's for sure.  The club itself was also very nice.  Totally forgot that Bahama Mamas is closed for good after that mission.  It's one of those "no care for Interiors" type of attitudes.  I am not so big on Interiors so I forget what is and what isn't open after a particular mission, etc, etc, etc....

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:53 PM

The only annoying part of TBOGT is Armando and Henrique. They are like dumb and dumber. Jim, Terry and Clay all were likable and I enjoyed having them along but I felt like slapping A and H sometimes.

• dognuts, Pavle, MorsPrincipiumEst and 1 other like this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

I'm still trying to pass the Drug Wars. :p

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:20 PM

How are you doing them, realistically or using cheats?
  • Pavle likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
    Shania Twain Superfan
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:22 PM

How are you doing them, realistically or using cheats?

No cheats because I want to earn achievments.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

^Just use the M4 or the P90 and take down all the enemies with headshots, or blow them sky high with the grenade launcher.
  • Pavle likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
    Shania Twain Superfan
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:30 PM

^Just use the M4 or the P90 and take down all the enemies with headshots, or blow them sky high with the grenade launcher.

I didn't try shooting with the M4. I usually use the Golden Uzi or the shotgun with explosive shells and the AK-47. But I'll try it with those two.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:32 PM

I didn't try shooting with the M4. I usually use the Golden Uzi or the shotgun with explosive shells and the AK-47. But I'll try it with those two.
Well since you prefer power and damage use your choices, I prefer accuracy and range. :)
  • Pavle likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
    Shania Twain Superfan
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:35 PM

Well since you prefer power and damage use your choices, I prefer accuracy and range. :)

Is there a combination of accuracy and power? :D

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:43 PM

The explosive shotgun, hold down the aim button and the reticule will get smaller, from there you can take them down with ease.
  • Pavle likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
    Shania Twain Superfan
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

The explosive shotgun, hold down the aim button and the reticule will get smaller, from there you can take them down with ease.

Gonna try it out tommorow thanks. And if I want the damage and range? I think that the G. UZI or the P90 would be good for that.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:00 AM

^Definitely the P90. :)
  • Pavle likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
    Shania Twain Superfan
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:02 AM

Plus it's slienced. :D

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:03 AM

No it isn't.
  • Pavle likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
    Shania Twain Superfan
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:08 AM

No it isn't.

But it has a supressor.

assaultsmg-tbogt-icon.png

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

Petition: Noticed

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:10 AM Edited by Brock Elvis, 27 October 2014 - 12:11 AM.

Four words:

Hijacking. A. F*cking. Train.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users