Photo

Dumb drivers you've encountered?

423 replies to this topic
79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:50 AM Edited by 79'Blazer4x4, 15 October 2014 - 12:51 AM.

I think roundabouts are just there to put a stupid memorial at an intersection. It's not hard to navigate through, here. My dad almost T-boned a Range Rover once cause the idiot lady was pulling out of a gas station and didn't look out direction. We had to swerve and almost went off the road.

They're a pretty simple concept if you have half a brain. The problem is most people don't so every roundabout you enter you have to dodge people who give no warning before flying across lanes, people that don't yield while entering the roundabout, etc. You know, about 90% of the other vehicles in the thing.

You are telling the truth

Even if they use the signal, they dont look to see if its clear to change lanes. They just signal n go

Even worse when they go and then signal when they're halfway in the other lane already. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Some bitch ass woman driving a Mazda 6 was talking on the phone,we both stopped in an intersection for a left turn to a highway. There are two lanes intended for the 'left turners',I was in the leftmost lane,she was to my right and we were the first in line...when the stoplight had told us its good to go,we started moving and all of a sudden the stupid cow cuts me off with such a sharp turn into my lane which almost,but almost got us into a goddamned collision,luckily I had responded very quickly so it didn't happen. Afterwards,once I got to drive beside her,I honked so many times,waiting for her to look and flip my finger at her once she does,but she didn't even pay any attention,she was still "busy" talking on that f*cking phone,bringing this up made me a little angry..

Nobody seems to be able to stay in their lane on double turning lanes as it is let alone with a phone to their ear and completely zoned out to the world around them. Only time I was nearly in an accident due to the other person using their phone(that I know of at least) was when I went through and intersection on a 2 lane divided road with a sidewalk-like median in the middle. I had the green light so I went and was pretty much across the intersection when I look right to see this dumb bitch looking down at her cell phone texting about to sideswipe me. She was turning right(obviously) from my right(it's legal to turn right on a red here as long as it's clear). She was too busy looking at her damn phone that my guess is she hadn't even looked before deciding to go,if she had she definitely would've saw the damn pickup truck right there(me). By the time I even noticed her about to hit me I didn't have much time to slow down or speed up to make way for the dumb broad, so I did the only thing I could do to avoid a collision, I drove up onto the median to my left with my all but my passenger tires on top of it(it wasn't quite wide enough for the whole truck to go up on it) and layed on my horn(this is why I drive a truck, if I was in a car I wouldn't have had any options besides lay on the horn and hope she didn't hit me). After she was completely in the lane and inches away from the side of my truck she FINALLY looked up from her phone and noticed me there, after which she proceeded to flim ME off and speed away. She pissed me off so much I actually sped up to run her off the road(only one of 2 times I've ever road raged) but, fortunately my passenger calmed me down before I caught up to her.

I also have another story about my other road rage which, I'll admit, was completely me in the wrong. It only happened because 1) it was about 1am arriving back in Edmonton after staying in Calgary for a while so I(and everyone else in the truck) was tired and just wanted to get home and 2) Because we had almost been in 2 accidents in the past 10 minutes do to idiots running red lights. Neither of those are any excuse for my dickery but I want you to know why I did it. Anyway, my GPS had said we needed a left turn just ahead. So we get to this turn and are in the turning lane(It was really similar to the turning lane the texting bitch had with the triangular divider) and the GPS decides to basically tell me "nope, this is the wrong turn, screw you" and that the actual turn is ahead farther. Being pretty mad about the incidents before this and knowing that this turn I was taking now takes a long time to get turned around and back on track from(I had made the mistake of going that way in the past) I decided "f*ck it!" took a quick glance over my shoulder to see if there was any cars immediately to my right in the straight through lane. There was one car pretty close but I once again decided "f*ck it!" and that I had enough time, so I gunned it over the divider, literally got all four wheels off the ground and landed in the straight through lane cutting this car off in the process. At this point I was done giving any sh*ts about anything so I just kept accelerating til I was at about 80kmh(it was a 50 zone if I remember correctly. The car I cut off layed on his horn which(and I sh*t you not about this next part) apparently attracted the attention of a group of about 6 Mexicans(nothing against Mexicans, that's just the best way I can describe them) on the sidewalk outside of a bar just up the road(obviously drunk). They collectively dissaproved of what went down and decided they were gonna do something about it, so as I drove by them at 80 they(once again, I sh*t you not) all reached out and tried to punch my truck(or maybe grab onto it?). After seeing them do that it immediately changed both mine and my friend's moods and we laughed about it for the rest of the trip. Also, once our moods had changed it actually sunk in that I had pulled an extremely reckless and dangerous stunt that could've been straight out of Dukes of Hazard and the only person who cared during the incident was the person in the car XD

And I appologize for the long post.

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

hurry up with my damn croissants

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:29 AM

There was this impatient guy in his silver sedan in front of us, he disappeared after a bit. What happened was that in the return we usually take to get to school most people won't give you the chance to get into the highway, and this dumb idiot ignored that and was rear ended by some other guy, much to our surprise when we past it.

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:51 AM

Damn,Blazer.

I also want to share two behaviours I really hate on the road:

1)f*cks who occupy the left lane but ain't driving.

2)f*cks who tailgate you real close in order to make you drive faster because the other lanes are driving slower. I remember one time I did a 130-140(kmh) on the leftmost lane and the other two were driving slower(110'ish),suddenly a Kia Forte with high beams turned on started to tailgate me and flashed them beams so I switched to a lane to the right after it was finally clear,and he hit about 160-180.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

I reserve particular ire for:

1) People who fail to give way at obstructions when the other driver has right of way.
2) People who don't know what lane they need to be in at two-lane roundabouts.
3) The utter f*ckwits who block junctions when queuing. Double points if the blocked junction is yellow cross-hatched.
4) People who drive with fog lights on when it isn't foggy.
5) People who don't put their fog lights on when it is foggy.
6) Middle Lane Morons who sit in the middle lane of 3-lane DCs or motorways at exactly 69mph and create a bottleneck.
7) People who sit in the middle or right hand lanes of motorways/DCs when not actually passing anything, double points if they don't f*ck move over when given a quick flash of the full beams.
8) Tailgaters
9) People who exceed 30 limits in urban areas.
10) Geriatrics and angry people carrier drivers who get frustrated when you overtake them, flash and gesticulate, despite them doing half the speed limit. Double points if they move out to try and block the overtake.
11) People who fail to check mirrors or blind spots when merging and end up trying to merge into other vehicles.
12) Anyone who brakes unnecessarily on motorways.
  • AAR likes this

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

I live in California now. I've seen more examples of bad driving in the past two months than in decade+ of previous driving experience, which included driving in Miami, New York, Boston, and Chicago. People don't know how to do basic maneuvers, like merging. And the license exam is a bad joke. Which you get 3 consecutive tries to pass. I... There are no words.

And if you think it's bad on a car, I used to think that allowing lane splitting for motorcycles is insanity. I can see now that insanity would have been to expect motorcyclists not to.

So that's my list. The State of California, with few exceptions.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:44 PM Edited by epoxi, 15 October 2014 - 05:45 PM.

7) People who sit in the middle or right hand lanes of motorways/DCs when not actually passing anything, double points if they don't f*ck move over when given a quick flash of the full beams.

Specifically regarding middle lanes, how quickly are you supposed to move into the slow lane? (I'd call it inside lane, but it's extremely ambiguous on an international forum)

I tend to stay in the middle lane if there is a truck in the slow lane like half a mile ahead, provided there is no volume of faster traffic directly behind me, because I figure the fewer lane changes you do, the less likely you are to have an accident.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

Taxi drivers in my country..

They change lanes without checking their mirrors, and they don't give a sh*t if there's a car next to them. They'll simply force you into the next lane or force you to slam on the brakes and carry on. Happened to me so many times, especially in the CBD.

They stop in the middle of the road or worse, in the middle of intersections to pick up/drop off passengers, blocking all traffic.

They ignore red lights and stop signs.

They think the emergency lane is meant for them during rush hour, and some even drive on the sidewalk when all other road users are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

They tailgate

Etc

Dottie
  • Dottie

Back from the dead-ish

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

They change lanes without checking their mirrors, and they don't give a sh*t if there's a car next to them. They'll simply force you into the next lane or force you to slam on the brakes and carry on. Happened to me so many times, especially in the CBD.

They stop in the middle of the road or worse, in the middle of intersections to pick up/drop off passengers, blocking all traffic.

They think the emergency lane is meant for them during rush hour, and some even drive on the sidewalk when all other road users are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

They tailgate

Etc

wow that sucks. Taxi drivers here are just slow as hell. Once have I seen a taxi go faster than 60mph

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:33 PM

Specifically regarding middle lanes, how quickly are you supposed to move into the slow lane? (I'd call it inside lane, but it's extremely ambiguous on an international forum)

I tend to stay in the middle lane if there is a truck in the slow lane like half a mile ahead, provided there is no volume of faster traffic directly behind me, because I figure the fewer lane changes you do, the less likely you are to have an accident.

I think it's pretty reasonable to do that. It's more an issue of people not moving over when both lanes are totally empty.

Dottie
  • Dottie

Back from the dead-ish

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:53 PM

I think it's pretty reasonable to do that. It's more an issue of people not moving over when both lanes are totally empty.

And this is why I pass on the right (the passing lane is on the right and that gets filled quickly)

I have shoulder passed to avoid a rear end collision once though

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

°°°°°°°

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:22 AM

Whenever i take a stroll, there's always those knuckleheads who refuse to use their flashers or stop at a red light in the crosswalk. I sometimes just walk into the car depending on pissed i am at the time.

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

This just in.
Was on my way to work and was driving the highway at that time,when a woman driving an Elantra wanted to merge into the highway from the rightmost lane(there are 4 lanes - 3 of them are the highway's and the rightmost is a merging lane),and she merged by going from the merging lane straight to the lane I was driving(leftmost) and pretty sure she wasn't paying attention to her mirrors and she nearly collided into my car,good thing I have managed to realize that this is what was going to happen as she started approaching my lane,I half-floored the brakes and slightly diverted the car to the left(almost into the barrier) and gave the honk of my life,she diverted back into her previous lane and managed to get past her. Afterwards,she catched up with me and started to bypass me,while she did,took a look at her and guess what,she was talking on the phone.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

People talking on their phones while driving pisses me off. But women putting on makeup are worse
  • Carlover325, Danikov, AAR and 1 other like this

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

People talking on their phones while driving pisses me off. But women putting on makeup are worse

While driving? That's a new record.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

I see that quite commonly. Once saw a guy shaving whilst driving, which was...odd.

Dottie
  • Dottie

Back from the dead-ish

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

People who merge on the highway at 35mph (on a fairly straight path). That sh*t almost got me in a collision.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:09 PM

few days ago, random woman in a VW golf ran over the curb, lost control and crashed into a Mercedes who was just about to drive out of its parking spot. This happend right in front of me. She was crying and the guy was raging.

Woman.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:15 AM

I live in San Antonio so of course I encounter dumb drivers every single day. The worst was when this stupid Honda Accord tried to block us from passing them. He kept blocking every move we made.

B7R
  • B7R

Custom

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:20 AM Edited by RedHolden, 18 October 2014 - 10:39 AM.

They tailgate

Etc

wow that sucks. Taxi drivers here are just slow as hell. Once have I seen a taxi go faster than 60mph

Welcome to my Country, Buffoon Taxi driver's who double park and they also don't give a flying f*ck about anyone else. At the end of they day they want to pick up a fair and cause harvoc for other drivers (even those from the same taxi company.) 

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

I've almost been rear-ended by a lady putting lipstick on. The light had turned yellow and it was just far enough that I would be running it as a red lght. I checked my mirror and the minivan wasn't real close, so I thought there was no danger of it hitting me. I'm just barely stopped and I hear tires chirping from ABS kicking in right behind me. The terrified look on her face was priceless. Somehow managed not to get the lipstick all over her face. She took advantage of the red light to finish putting it on.

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:12 PM

They tailgate

Etc

Welcome to my Country, Buffoon Taxi driver's who double park and they also don't give a flying f*ck about anyone else. At the end of they day they want to pick up a fair and cause harvoc for other drivers (even those from the same taxi company.) 

I don't know if they're employed in the same way as the middle eastern truckers around here and I don't know how it is there but It seems like mostly middle eastern taxi drivers around here too. As for the truck drivers(which the taxi drivers might be the same as, i don't really know) you can't really blame them for their dangerous driving and idiocy. It's the government to blame because they just GIVE these guys semi trucks, don't train them at all and send them out to drive the things, It's ridiculous. I ran heavy machinery for a while in the pits working along side these gravel truck drivers, I operated a 657E scraper(nearly 200 tons fully loaded) and can't even count the amount of times I nearly turned those trucks into steel pancakes because the drivers pulled some stupid crazy sh*t. But like I said, can't really blame them, it's the government that gave them absolutely no training despite the fact that the most they'd ever driven prioris(maybe) a compact car. There were some of them who had to carry a passenger around for the sole purpose of backing the truck up because the driver couldn't do it himself and the passenger couldn't drive the truck all the time because he didn't know how to drive on the road.

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:37 AM

People who try to cut into your lane when no one is behind you should go burn in hell

Mpower
  • Mpower

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:40 PM Edited by Mpower, 19 October 2014 - 02:40 PM.

I hate tailgaters. Most of have some audi a3 ecocrap with a 1.6 tdi and huge 18inch rims. You can add bmw and volkswagen drivers

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

I hate tailgaters. Most of have some audi a3 ecocrap with a 1.6 tdi and huge 18inch rims. You can add bmw and volkswagen drivers

I remember my mom was going 80 on a freeway where the speed limit was 65. This guy behind her was tailgating as if he wanted to go at an even faster pace. I'm like what in the world, this isn't the autobahn!

Dottie
  • Dottie

Back from the dead-ish

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

I remember my mom was going 80 on a freeway where the speed limit was 65. This guy behind her was tailgating as if he wanted to go at an even faster pace. I'm like what in the world, this isn't the autobahn!

If it was a 4-5 lane part of a freeway. Usually the left lane is the Autobahn lane :)  (at least where I live)

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:30 AM

People who go FAAAAAAR too slow in the Fast lane, I've only ever really seen it in Alberta, people are doing 60-70km/h, on a 100km/h ring road, in the FAST lane, incredibly irritating. If you're going 30-40 under, Head for the outside lane, That's the law. Slower traffic keep right.

Then you get the fun people who change into your lane ahead of you and then slow down for no f*cking reason. I drove through Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario, None of these other provinces have this problem.

I swear to god, Most of Canada's Idiot drivers are here in Alberta.

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:24 AM

People who go FAAAAAAR too slow in the Fast lane, I've only ever really seen it in Alberta, people are doing 60-70km/h, on a 100km/h ring road, in the FAST lane, incredibly irritating. If you're going 30-40 under, Head for the outside lane, That's the law. Slower traffic keep right.

Then you get the fun people who change into your lane ahead of you and then slow down for no f*cking reason. I drove through Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario, None of these other provinces have this problem.

I swear to god, Most of Canada's Idiot drivers are here in Alberta.

Alberta is really weird when it comes to people and speeds. Along with what you mentioned I've also noticed that you can go for a drive one day and follow the speed limit and everyone else on the road will pass you going 10 or 20 over yet you can go out the next day on the same road doing the same speed limit and you'll be flying by everyone because they're going 10 or 20 under the limit. Like you, I've driven through Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario and it doesn't happen in any of those provinces, it's just Alberta that's screwed up.

Edmonton in itself seems to be chalked full of idiots. On the way back from Ontario my friend and I had no problems(took turns driving) with anyone the whole way yet the moment we hit Edmonton some guy in a Powerstroke tried(and failed miserably) to blow diesel smoke at us, then not 2 minutes later some jackass who was in front of us in the far left lane of a 4 lane highway thought it a good Idea to just stop, nearly causing a 4 car pile up with us in it, to wait for the right lanes of traffic to clear so this person could TURN AROUND AND DRIVE THE WRONG WAY to go back to the exit they missed. Just a bit farther up the road we came across the same powerstroke from earlier on the side of the road with his hood open. If I were to guess he redlined too much trying to smoke people out like an asshole and blew his engine.

Never a dull moment in Alberta, it keeps you on your toes if nothing else.

• Killerdude likes this

Inked_666
  • Inked_666

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

Spending the majority of my week on the road, be it driving or as a passenger I do see my fair share of crazy drivers.  The annoying this is it usually involves someone getting impatient while being caught behind a learner and then almost causing a disaster in the process of overtaking.  Was only last week a lorry attempted this going from Carlisle to Newcastle on the A roads, my heart was in my mouth since I couldn't see beyond the lorry as to if anything was heading towards it.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by LeopardGecko, 22 October 2014 - 10:23 PM.

I don´t have a very long driving experience,but I´ve seen quite a few idiots on the road.One dude in a truck didn´t stop at stop sign and almost t-boned my car(he actually made me switch to the opposite direction lane to avoid him hitting me,but luckily there was nobody there so everything was ok),one dude on a bicycle almost t-boned my car too when crossing the road at red light(but he stopped before almost crashing into me),some chick decided to overtake me in a crossroad,I once saw a kid doing wheelies on a pocket bike motorcycle on a curved road with poor visibility,some dude was tailgating behind me while I was riding my motorcycle,I can´t even remember how many time people took my right of way,how many people had the long range lights that blinded me while they were coming from the opposite direction or how many people I´ve seen talking on the phone or texting while driving...

ac3.jpg

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:02 PM

I don´t have a very long driving experience,but I´ve seen quite a few idiots on the road.One dude in a truck didn´t stop at stop sign and almost t-boned my car(he actually made me switch to the opposite direction lane to avoid him hitting me,but luckily there was nobody there so everything was ok),one dude on a bicycle almost t-boned my car too when crossing the road at red light(but he stopped before almost crashing into me),some chick decided to overtake me in a crossroad,I once saw a kid doing wheelies on a pocket bike motorcycle on a curved road with poor visibility,some dude was tailgating behind me while I was riding my motorcycle,I can´t even remember how many time people took my right of way,how many people had the long range lights that blinded me while they were coming from the opposite direction or how many people I´ve seen talking on the phone or texting while driving...

ac3.jpg

The almost getting T-boned one reminds me of when I still drove my Ranger and almost got T-boned by an RX-8 that ran a red light. I floored it and went intothe oncoming to avoid him as well. He missed my by maybe half a foot but I swear he didn't try to slow down, swerve or anything, it was all me who averted disaster on that one. I'd guess he didn't even see the red light and would have rear ended someone if there had been someone stopped at the light ahead of him.

That bicycle one is pretty good though XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users