Grand Theft Auto III Questions

140 replies to this topic
Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:33 PM

GTA Vice City and San Andreas were originally planned to be III DLC's. They're still named GTA III: Vice City actually

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:40 PM Edited by Sergiu, 06 January 2016 - 07:41 PM.

Because all the 3D era GTAs apart from GTA3 are considered spin-off titles while GTA 3 is a main game in the series.

Just like GTA IV with TBOGT/TLAD/CTW.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:12 PM

How do I turn off the costume cheat. It's the cheat that changes Claude's appearance

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:35 PM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 07 February 2016 - 08:58 AM.

How do I turn off the costume cheat. It's the cheat that changes Claude's appearance

Just keep on typing the cheat until his original appearance pops out. Or i think this works just die and i think Claude will go back to his original appearance.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

Does anyone have the lyrics to that Stripe Summer song? I couldn't find them anywhere and I dunno if anyone else did or not, I dunno.

SonicTheSexhog
  • SonicTheSexhog

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:16 PM

I haven't played this game in ages so I hope my memory doesn't fail me. Iirc the 8-Ball car bomb shop from Portland let you put a bomb in your car that exploded when you enter the car right? Is there any real use for this outside that mission where you kill the guy at the diner?

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

I haven't played this game in ages so I hope my memory doesn't fail me. Iirc the 8-Ball car bomb shop from Portland let you put a bomb in your car that exploded when you enter the car right? Is there any real use for this outside that mission where you kill the guy at the diner?

Not that much from what I remember. It's mostly for f*cking around and killing car jackers.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:23 PM

Not that much from what I remember. It's mostly for f*cking around and killing car jackers.
You can also have a remote denator to blow up near by peds. Was really fun back in the day :D

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:52 AM

Works great on the next mission, Farewell Chunky Lee Chong. Rig his Perennial, enter from the opposite direction to get him to run to it (he has two), and bye-bye Chunky!

• Pastry and SonicTheSexhog like this

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:36 PM Edited by stef_92, 10 October 2016 - 01:36 PM.

Works great on the next mission, Farewell Chunky Lee Chong. Rig his Perennial, enter from the opposite direction to get him to run to it (he has two), and bye-bye Chunky!

Never considered doing this. Trying it instantly :D

• Hyperlith, Indy007 and Dream-_-Traveler like this

Indy007
  • Indy007

I'm kind of a rebel. I open chip bags from the bottom.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

Does anyone have the lyrics to that Stripe Summer song? I couldn't find them anywhere and I dunno if anyone else did or not, I dunno.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Bqpc521HLc8

I don't have the lyrics but damn this is sure giving me nostalgia!

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, GTAF Lurker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

This may be a bit of a strange one, but I work on a YouTube series regarding game development. My latest video will be about GTA III, specifically explaining how the "chunks" work for animation and the "nastylimbs" effect.

Before I commit it to the script, I just wanted to check my understanding is correct. When you shoot a ped in a specific limb does it actually detach the limb from the pedestrian, or does it destroy the limb and spawn a duplicate separately as a physics object?

Can anyone confirm which is correct?

TheSadisticOwl
  • TheSadisticOwl

Many shots, one kill.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

This may be a bit of a strange one, but I work on a YouTube series regarding game development. My latest video will be about GTA III, specifically explaining how the "chunks" work for animation and the "nastylimbs" effect.

Before I commit it to the script, I just wanted to check my understanding is correct. When you shoot a ped in a specific limb does it actually detach the limb from the pedestrian, or does it destroy the limb and spawn a duplicate separately as a physics object?

Now, I am not fully sure on this but I personally believe that the limb is detached. You can see this when you shoot an enemy's arm that is holding his weapon, the arm is blown off while still holding the gun that the NPC was using. GTA 3 had its characters' bodies made of "blocks", that later were turned into one single model in the 10 Year Anniversary Edition, which ended up removing gore from the game with the exception of headshots (considering those headshots simply make the head disappear). When you mutilate an enemy, those blocks simply pop off from their body.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, GTAF Lurker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Now, I am not fully sure on this but I personally believe that the limb is detached. You can see this when you shoot an enemy's arm that is holding his weapon, the arm is blown off while still holding the gun that the NPC was using. GTA 3 had its characters' bodies made of "blocks", that later were turned into one single model in the 10 Year Anniversary Edition, which ended up removing gore from the game with the exception of headshots (considering those headshots simply make the head disappear). When you mutilate an enemy, those blocks simply pop off from their body.

Cool, that is how I'd imagined it, and I'm very familiar with III's chunk constraints. Much appreciated!

Nico
  • Nico

Hey you

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

A thing I always hated about the dismemberment system (at least on PC) was the glitched body parts that dropped from the bodies. It looked like a mash up of two or three ripped body parts in different positions. Dunno if there's a mod that fixed this.

Crashbandicoot2
  • Crashbandicoot2

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Crashbandicoot2, 3 days ago.

I've read a lot of articles stating that Claudes grunts are actually computer generated noises. Can anyone confirm this or any other game the grunts are used in?
EDIT: His grunts are also used in Manhunt.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Why is the boat you chase in the mission (Gone Fishing) called Ghost Missing? I've been really curious about this for the past 10-12 years .

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago

Does using cheats affect the 100% Completion?

Cheats only make the game easier u still got to complete the mission.

Will there be a REMASTERED new release of GTA 3 just like the San Andreas remastered.?

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Everytime I get into a car the radio resets, so it's like I'm hearing the same 2-3 songs over and over. Is there anyway of fixing this? (On Mobile btw)

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

Most likely not. I had this very same issue with GTA IV (or was it EFLC?) on PC.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 6 days ago

Why is the boat you chase in the mission (Gone Fishing) called Ghost Missing? I've been really curious about this for the past 10-12 years .

It's just an unfinished vehicle all around. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here; it's called 'GHOST missing' because GHOST is the identifier for the text string in the GXT which doesn't actually exist, resulting in 'missing'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users