GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:01 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 06 January 2014 - 12:10 AM.

rPz6SPa.png

Do you have a question about Grand Theft Auto III? Here is the place to ask! Post you question below and another GTA Forums member will get around to answering you soon!

If you are viewing this as a guest, feel free to join the ever-growing community here at GTA Forums by registering. :^:

As more and more questions get asked, I will keep a list of the most frequently asked questions here in the first post.

Please keep off-topic spam out of your posts - This will not be tolerated!

Thanks to illspirit for creating the original Frequently Asked Questions topic in 2002!

• Arsen Vitiuk, AznDragon89, pogo_01 and 1 other like this

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:59 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 12 January 2014 - 02:08 PM.

Was the Trashmaster's Beta Name the dust bucket? In Blow Fish, Toni referred the Trashmaster as the Dust Bucket several times.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

I personally think that it's just a 'saying' as such, as we reference other things, not using the correct terminology.

I've merged this with the Questions Topic - Please post quick questions there from now on :^:

• Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister likes this

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

I personally think that it's just a 'saying' as such, as we reference other things, not using the correct terminology.

I've merged this with the Questions Topic - Please post quick questions there from now on :^:

Alright.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Just trying to keep the GTA III forum clean, that's all, the topics only been here for a short time so don't worry ;)

Strangely the merge unpinned the questions topic and changed the title - Epic Fail.

Doctorwho8who
  • Doctorwho8who

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

How to open gta 3 mobile (ios) Particle.txd and generic.txd? TXD Workshop and G-TXD didnt work.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

How to open gta 3 mobile (ios) Particle.txd and generic.txd? TXD Workshop and G-TXD didnt work.

Ask down in one of the modding sections as they are professionals that can probably help you :)

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:56 AM Edited by Trinette, 08 February 2014 - 05:14 AM.

Where does this song come from at 5:02-5:09? I never heard it before. It's so beautiful, so sexy. I'm desperate to find it. My guess is that it plays around a certain building if you stand next to it but I have no idea.

Anyone know anything about it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured out that this plays right outside the XXXXX Theater (next to the pay n spray) in the Red Light District. I decided to put it on loop because it's so relaxing and puts me right to sleep. :ph34r: :ph34r:

• ΣΓ likes this

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

Can you turn into any special cut scene peds like Sal Leone, Curly Bob or Tony Cipriani with the "Change Costume" Cheat?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:07 AM Edited by GTAKid667, 02 March 2014 - 10:07 AM.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured out that this plays right outside the XXXXX Theater (next to the pay n spray) in the Red Light District. I decided to put it on loop because it's so relaxing and puts me right to sleep. :ph34r: :ph34r:

"This Video is Private" :turn:

But, I'm glad you found it, I tried looking back when you originally posted the question but ended up completely forgetting about it.

Can you turn into any special cut scene peds like Sal Leone, Curly Bob or Tony Cipriani with the "Change Costume" Cheat?

I just tried it for the last 5 minutes and no main characters came up (No Salvatore, Curly Bob or others).

However, even the last few spawns were characters/skins which didn't appear previously so I obviously didn't end up going through the whole collection of characters available to change to, but, I would have thought if you could change to a main character, I would have done it by now.

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

"This Video is Private" :turn:
But, I'm glad you found it, I tried looking back when you originally posted the question but ended up completely forgetting about it.

I just tried it for the last 5 minutes and no main characters came up (No Salvatore, Curly Bob or others).
However, even the last few spawns were characters/skins which didn't appear previously so I obviously didn't end up going through the whole collection of characters available to change to, but, I would have thought if you could change to a main character, I would have done it by now.
Ok then. Thanks!

bertik91
  • bertik91

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

Hi to all GTA III players.

Could anyone help me? I want to insert to GTA III item landjump2  from GTA Vice City through MapEditor but in loading of the game it falls down.

Does anybody have any experiences with this? Something I must do wrong. I just want to make some stunts in GTA III.

Thanks for reply.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

Hi to all GTA III players.

Could anyone help me? I want to insert to GTA III item landjump2  from GTA Vice City through MapEditor but in loading of the game it falls down.

Does anybody have any experiences with this? Something I must do wrong. I just want to make some stunts in GTA III.

Thanks for reply.

This section is for the unmodded version of GTA III, ask at the III Maps Modding section where there are skilled modders that can help you out: http://gtaforums.com...um/48-iii-maps/ :)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

Is there any place I can find the original, un-puzzled version of this picture that was from the loading screen?

33iib.jpg

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

I have just started playing GTA III and I'm after the first couple missions, where the game tells you to either go to the next mission or "borrow" a taxi and make some money. Apart from taxi fares, is there any other quick way of making money in the beginning?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

I have just started playing GTA III and I'm after the first couple missions, where the game tells you to either go to the next mission or "borrow" a taxi and make some money. Apart from taxi fares, is there any other quick way of making money in the beginning?

*Vigilante missions
*Firetruck missions

*Ambulance missions

*Killing people and taking their money
*Finding hidden packages

*Crushing cars at the crusher

• GroundZero likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:16 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 11 March 2014 - 09:22 PM.

*Vigilante missions
*Firetruck missions
*Ambulance missions
*Killing people and taking their money
*Finding hidden packages
*Crushing cars at the crusher

Great List :^:

I'd just like to add:
If you struggle on Vigilante missions, Pause the game when near a target (By pressing START or ESC depending on the platform) and when you unpause, the target will exit the vehicle it is in, allowing you to just run them over.

If you play on PC and struggle on 'Firefighter' (Firetruck Missions), you can press the replay button (F1) on and off (press it twice ;) ) and the fire should automatically get extinguished.

For ambulance missions, you can follow this video made by GTAForums Member Cristian to make it easier for you.

Other things you can do for cash, that are not listed on universetwisters list are the TOYZ Van Missions, delivering vehicles to the Import/Export Garages (and Crane for Emergency Vehicles), Rampages, Unique Jumps and simply hitting other vehicles with your car - They will all provide you some source of cash :^:

Is there any place I can find the original, un-puzzled version of this picture that was from the loading screen?

In response to this question, I tried looking for it back when you posted but didn't find anything - I am sure I have seen it somewhere before. If you don't manage to find it, maybe somebody can recreate it on the PC Version by parking a modded Blue/White Police Car outside of the City Hall.
  • GroundZero, universetwisters and matajuegos01 like this

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Why did R* put the GTA I theme on Lips 106 and not Game FM? Sounds more like a Game FMish song to me...but only R* knows that.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Why did R* put the GTA I theme on Lips 106 and not Game FM? Sounds more like a Game FMish song to me...but only R* knows that.

I have no idea why Rockstar decided to put that particular song on Lips 106 (And I doubt anybody does) but I think it fits in very well on that radio station to be honest as if it was meant to be there, despite technically being of a different genre to the others.

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Was there ever a reason for the hobos carrying molotovs in the Portland Tunnel?
  • Davve95 and Dream-_-Traveler like this

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Probably a leftover from potential Darkel place, where he would give you missions in the tunnel.
They are cool nonetheless, and you can multiply them :)
  • Davve95 likes this

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

Probably a leftover from potential Darkel place, where he would give you missions in the tunnel.They are cool nonetheless, and you can multiply them :)

How do you duplicate them?

yoyo3
  • yoyo3

GTA 3 Modern

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

There is a trick 4 fast money.

1-Start a Firetruck mission

2-Don't go to the flaming car

3-Press F1 2 times*

4-It will show "Fire Extinguished!"

5-Keep on doing it until you get enough money

*This works only with GTA 3 V1.0!

yoyo3
  • yoyo3

GTA 3 Modern

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

Probably a leftover from potential Darkel place, where he would give you missions in the tunnel.They are cool nonetheless, and you can multiply them :)

How do you duplicate them?

This following points will help you duplicate them:

1-Take the Rumpo at 8-ball's house.

2-Go near the hobos and get on the bonnet of the car.

3-They will then talk,move and scratch their faces.

4-Get down again.

5-Another 2 old couples will fall from mid-air.

6-Kill 'em to get molotovs but don't kill the hobos that don't move so they will be there again.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

There is a trick 4 fast money.

1-Start a Firetruck mission

2-Don't go to the flaming car

3-Press F1 2 times*

4-It will show "Fire Extinguished!"

5-Keep on doing it until you get enough money

*This works only with GTA 3 V1.0!

I'm on PS2...

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:49 PM Edited by Masny, 03 May 2014 - 05:58 PM.

[snip]

I've done a quick search over the internet. I think there is only two three screenshot from the gtatitle.mpg that can be found:
q5nGtl7.png
NVBK75D.png
hl5BhVV.png

yYLzKIW.jpg
XVIFucw.jpg
PXjvioz.jpg

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

So I have just bought GTA III off the PlayStation store as it was my introduction to GTA series
but it has been many years since I played this game but my question is this.

I remember there were three safe houses in the game, can you switch between safe houses so when
I have unlocked the final part of the map I could store cars in Garage 1, 2 and 3?

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

So I have just bought GTA III off the PlayStation store as it was my introduction to GTA series
but it has been many years since I played this game but my question is this.
I remember there were three safe houses in the game, can you switch between safe houses so when
I have unlocked the final part of the map I could store cars in Garage 1, 2 and 3?

Yes you can. This is the same in every other GTA. In this you can even store in them before unlocking them.

Harerama Chakraborty
  • Harerama Chakraborty

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

Does using cheats affect the 100% Completion?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

Does using cheats affect the 100% Completion?

No, they do not. You will still get 100% using cheats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users