Winner of Best WIP Mod - 2014.
GTA:3D Mod. Striving to bring back the way it used to be, step by step.
Grand Theft Auto 3D is a team effort to bring GTA 3 back to its earliest stages. The mod has been built from the ground up to be as carefully-constructed as possible, and uses a combination of in-game leftovers, HD texture sources, and handmade assets to recreate DMA's original vision.
Release 1 will use a modified debug mission script by default and will serve as a test bed for future updates. No missions have been created and it's not recommended to play through vanilla III with the mod enabled.
Screenshot album - Last updated 9/10/2017, images are in random order and not representative of progress
- Mr. Jago: Leader
- Sergiu: Art Director
- Son Of Big Boss: Vehicle Modelling
- The Hero: Coding, Map Design, Tool Creation, and File Hosting
- SpooferJahk: Radio Mixing and Misc. Texturing
- R4gN0r0K: Trailer Creation and Art Design
- //XP//: Car Colors
- HM128: Coded and did the basic design for the HUD/frontend
- unopieceo: Created Ambulance model
- Kalvin: Trailer creation and minor help with character textures
- Alex (gtabeta3), whose original GTA3 BETA WIP served as an inspiration.
- Original team members who have since moved on, like Jeansowaty and IgorX.
- Community members such as Silent, spaceeinstein, and Vadim M, whose findings and research have given precious additional insight into GTA III's development.
- DK22Pac for making the first iteration of the HUD and offering advice.
- DimZet13 for allowing his collection of texture sources to be used in the mod.
Our supporters, the people who have believed in us so far.