Photo

Around Los Santos Off-Road Meets [Xbox 360]

2,132 replies to this topic
Mangled Crow
  • Mangled Crow

This is Crow, CiŠo

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:03 PM Edited by LDHalcrow1215, 16 May 2015 - 09:04 PM.

I don't reckon I'll be firing up the xbox until 2300, maybe a smidge over steve.

That's no problem mate. To be honest I've not left work yet, got a few things left to sort. So I'm looking for invites out about eleven.

sorta getting worried about having no luck finding a partner steve :*(

It's no worries crow. You can run the mini events with Jamie instead of me. When were off-roading. We will all work as a team.

oh okay then, whats our theme? you, me and jamie?

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:31 PM

I don't reckon I'll be firing up the xbox until 2300, maybe a smidge over steve.

That's no problem mate. To be honest I've not left work yet, got a few things left to sort. So I'm looking for invites out about eleven.

What time would that be in EST time, I'm not good with timezones.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:40 PM

What time would that be in EST time, I'm not good with timezones.

6PM EST (it's actually EDT). In around 20 minutes.

• steve dogg 51 likes this

MTBB47
  • MTBB47

Peacemaker

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

So at least whoever reads this from now knows Tx Spunkymonkey is Magnumf4, his other profile. Could be confusing

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

GT: steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:10 PM

invites starting in 5 mins

Thanks for the timezone help tick :)

invites starting in 5 mins

Thanks for the timezone help tick :)

jamiem52
  • jamiem52

*STAR*

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:02 PM Edited by jamiem52, 16 May 2015 - 11:02 PM.

link for tonights meet http://www.twitch.tv..._road_all_stars

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:12 AM Edited by livejoker, 17 May 2015 - 07:23 AM.

Around The Map - Team Theme!
May 16th, Sat. @ 3:15PM PDT//4:15PM MDT//5:15PM CDT//
6:15PM EDT//7:15 ADT//11:15PM BST//1:15AM EEST (Sun.)//
3:45AM IST (Sun.)//10:15AM NZST (Sun.)

A long meet deserves some long feedback! I honestly can't cut it down so grab some snacks and cancel your plans for tomorrow as this read is going to take a while!

Every host has their own signature meet - may it be minigames at the end of a meet such as a derby or a whole night dedicated to games, visiting player garages and voting on the best one...that type of stuff, you know? Steve's signature meet is definitely his Around The Map events. He had a few random meets since the last Around The Map and they were great but people get really excited when he hosts a meet where you drive slowly for a few hours around the whole map. Getting stuck on rocks? Tons of fun! Bumping into the guy in front of me and getting rear-ended at the same time, basically spit-roasting myself? Sign me up! Giving Mors Mutual Insurance all my money as my truck keeps getting wetter than a cougar in heat? You goddamn right I want in! So what's so appealing of a slow meet with lots of water involved that takes hours to complete? The answer to that cannot be given - it needs to be experienced. When I signed up for the first Around The Map, I was late and unsure of what the point of it was but the moment I saw Sandkings managing the terrain over the course of a few hours I understood.

This meet reminded me quite a lot of the first one as this meet had a bunch of Sandkings and a cargobob to help out the trucks that were stuck, just like the first one. In keeping with traditions; Steve lagged out at the start and this time he couldn't call in his mechanic! But the lobby was cool enough to not kill one another while Steve rejoined the meet. We actually went ahead and took a look at the teams and what their themes were. Once Steve came back we voted on a few categories but I was hoping for a few more specific categories instead of generalized ones. Best theme, best theme trucks and a best of show thrown in for good measure? I thought that part was lacking compared to all the other well thought-out things we did. Something like "team most likely to be featured on an outdoors TV show" or "got lost and ended up here". Something funny that we could all laugh about while voting. I'm also bummed that some teams didn't have any team names. I know team events can be a burden as players need to find themselves a partner and not everyone here has a GTA:O meet buddy so finding something you both like is a big chore but the effort could've been better. I was glad that the vehicles were matched up and some teams even dressed up for it, one going as far as making a whole story and logo of what their team was! I was very impressed by that (team T.P.I, for anyone wondering).

The marathon of a meet started with a nice pace and that pace was kept for most of the meet. The only time the pace died was when we got stuck on hard spots that we spent way too much time on with little organization on who went. Players were polite enough to let others go and not keep the spot to themselves like in past Steve meets (such as taking a few turns before letting others go) but I saw 2-3 instances of some vehicles going twice before all the others went, skipping one loner who wasn't speaking up or just drown out by the conversations. I suggest forming a line and going down that line - at least some sort of system to ensure everyone has had a try. I'll use myself as an example: I know I don't do hillclimbs as I'm on the side taking pictures and everyone knows that but Steve only asked me once if I've had "a go at it", which I was surprised as I never do hillclimbs with others watching and also that he asked me. I'm usually last in line or avoid it all together as I'm horrible at hillclimbs. Again, I'm not a typical player as I'm mostly there for pictures and not playing most games/activities but to ask a player if they went should be done way more instead of the general "right, has everyone went?" - I never speak up during those despite not having a turn to not slow down the group. Steve should encourage players to not be shy and let everyone get a turn, even if this does slow down the pace of the meet. It's way more important to have everyone participate. I exempt myself from this rule as I'm taking pictures but I would appreciate if more "caring" for everyone was done. I also encourage everyone to keep an eye on one another and see who hasn't had as many tries, etc.

The games themselves were fun and very interesting! Steve brought some old ones such as the surfing which I enjoy tons and this new/somewhat old one where we had to reach a certain spot and climb a ladder. First to the top won. Seeing this was a team meet I was hoping it required both members of a team and not only one player as stated but luck had it that the first two players to reach the top were in the same team. If the meet is about teams then each game should be with teams in mind. The surfing one was team-based (heavily) and that standard should be set for all games. Damn, I'm still smiling about that game! I think why I like it so much is because it had running in it. I've always enjoyed the little "dumb" things. Here's hoping Steve can cook up more games like the surfing one! I loved that one - way more than the first variation you had of it with the vans. Oh, and the recess' we had were great. Keep those!

I'm happy with the group we had as everyone participated and some conversations were taking place while offroading. The conversations, in my opinion, makes a meet worth it. You can have the best host and the most fun games but if no one is talking then the meet isn't really worth joining. Well, that's my opinion but I'm sure most will agree that having a good laugh with a bunch of people is fun no matter what you're doing. I'll admit that there was some unnecessary killing but with a meet of 15 players that lasted 5-6 hours it was bound to happen but the kills weren't looked into...they were simply shrugged off. At one point I had to ask, "what was that about?" after someone killed another player. But it's no big issue seeing what a monster of a meet this was and we're all friends in the lobby. Just keep in mind that when joining a meet, you do so to have a meet. If someone kills you, you demand an explanation or take it with the host. One instance I remember was when someone killed two players on accident and he was shot immediately after with no time to explain himself (and the player who did this on accident I know very well and is known in "our" meets as being a really cool guy so his virtual death was unjustified). I'm hoping these things don't happen again as I will put names up here as it's been twice now that this player has been trigger-happy. That sort of attitude can be put up for some time before others don't join because of seeing his name on the list, you know? Not only does it give that player a bad rep but also to the host. So think of others before acting out.

No hard feelings to anyone, I promise! And there were a few accidents so I'm aiming this at no one in particular. Just keep the meet in mind and the meet will keep you in mind - all will take care of itself if you focus on the meet. ;)

Tired of reading?
Well here's some more but with pictures!

Pictures:

Spoiler

• outkast_ryder, Mangled Crow and jjeehh21 like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:17 AM Edited by livejoker, 17 May 2015 - 07:29 AM.

Continued from above...

Pictures:

Spoiler

• outkast_ryder likes this

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:29 AM Edited by stevedogg51, 17 May 2015 - 02:56 PM.

Around the map 5 - Team Edition

May 16th, Sat. @ 3:15PM PDT//4:15PM MDT//5:15PM CDT//
6:15PM EDT//7:15 ADT//11:15PM BST//1:15AM EEST (Sun.)//
3:45AM IST (Sun.)//10:15AM NZST (Sun.)

Teams

Mystery Inc                  (stevedogg51 & Jamie)

Team Rocket               (tick and Outkast)

Starsky & Hutch           (cactus & Filippos)

T.P.I                              (Krol & MTBB7)

The gangbangers        (D9Fred & Simonia)

The Green Machine     (Oaken & Wanktash)

Team No Name            (Magnum & Spunkymonkey)

Plus  Crow who joined Starsky & Hutch & mystery inc)

**Feedback

Over the past few weeks my passion for hosting has waned a little. I’ve needed to spend a little more time in the real world sorting things, and this has lead to me hosting meets that have been a little half hearted, poorly planned and predictable.  My recent meets have fallen into the trap of using a quick easy formula that I know works.  Vote, off-road, demo-derby.  While this works short term, people sure get bored quickly including the host.  And in comparison to other meets and efforts hosts are putting in and the results and ideas coming out I have felt my standards have slipped.  I was considering making last night one of my last meets for a while. And I approached it with little enthusiasm, throwing in a team element as a kind of last resort and cobbling some categories together from past meets.   

But that was before I started to see the response and effort players were putting into the teams. There is no better feeling for a host than seeing people plan and prepare for a meet.  Team rocket,  starsky and hutch, TPI the gangbangers were awesome. The mean green machine also deserve credit for two strangers forming a team, not as easy as it appears. Team no name also did well, created 10mins before the event.  

Having seen the results last night I feel embarrassed and disappointed with myself for not put more time into the categories for voting and the mini games, I feel you all deserved more than a rehash of past categories and events. And for future events after have hours of fun last night I’m itching to get planning the next meet with new ideas and concepts.

Anyway back to the meet, things started with problems.  I got kicked, a usual occurrence (screw u rockstar).  Plus having spent so little time on the 360, I was that skint I could not afford to pay the mechanic, so no sandking.

I had to start the meet in the mystery machine (bf surfer) jinkys !

The Winners of the voting:

Best Team Theme: Trevor Philips industries. Rightly deserved guys (Krol & Mtbb47) a back-story, haircuts, TPI jackets with dicks on and some awesome looking trucks. It was a close contest between TPI and Team rocket. But during the suddend death vote team rocket voted against their own team to give TPI the win!

For the reason above and the fact that team rocket didn’t prepare any off-rd vehicles for the Off-Road event I’m going to award Team Rocket (oukast & Tick) – the Bush and Blair award for the most incompetent team.

Best Team Trucks:  "team no name” (magnum & spunkymonkey) what a pair of sandkings.

Best of show went to oakensphinx (cowboy bob) great truck love the green.

On a side note ...... it seemed to be dark for long spells during the game last night??

We headed off; pace is always slow to start. The mystery machine lasted about 45 seconds, half of team rocket about 55 seconds.  Lots of chat on the mic and loads of enthusiasm.

Some nice little sections, to start, and the real feel of what this meet is about soon shone through, Teamwork! Not just within the teams but though out the lobby! I was concerned that by defining teams before the event that the overall togetherness of the lobby would be lost. But it wasn’t

We stopped at the pier for the first (of many) recess breaks.  At this point Filippos decided to make some food, we thought it would be a fun idea to drive off and hide, call Lester and disappear of the map. To see his reaction when he came back to an apparently empty lobby..... ha ha....... unfortunately we called Lester to soon and all reappeared before he got back :(

We continued, and I lead you down the impossible cliff, we all got wreaked although spunky monkey came the closes to getting out.  We called in some boats, and everyone minus me (left marooned) headed off to shark bay.

The first mini event was The Car Surfing relay (SURFS UP)

Based on a concept from the surfs up meet, it involves stay on top of a moving vehicle.  Slow and steady wins the race, a gta egg and spoon race.

Congratulation to Tick and Outkast on the 1st run and Fred & Simon on the second. Joint winners

The terrain in the West coast is a little easier and we made some distance up.  Lots of pictures taken but snapmatic was problematic last night and I lost plenty of good shots to this.

The final two mini games were also modified; I had planned to run them as “team Selfie” races.  I have ran the Taylor power plant race before as team event and it’s great fun, hope to offer some modified versions in future meets. Congrtualtions on Starsky and hutch for the win.

We did a little drifting ? and some more climbs. For the 3rd time I lead you all down to an impossible spot. Thanks magnum for the help with the cargo bob u saved the day. Many of us had swapped vehicles now, as we approached the end. Some became a little frustrated and restless.

As indicated by Tick, after my first few meets and some of the problems that occurred, a two attempt rule was introduced. This is two attempts at a climb, before giving the next person a go. It allows the meet to run smoothly, stops a clusterf*ck of trucks battling each other on a cliff top and generally keeps the lobby harmonious. I did not enforce this well last night.  And whilst a lot of the regulars just do this automatically now, I will be pressing this rule on newer players in future meets.  I never want anyone to feel they have not had a fair shot at a climb.

Overall every player behaved great when I was kicked everyone just carried on and during recess’s  people were confident enough  to pause have a beer/brew/piss/cigarette and return in confidence to still be alive and have their vehicles intact, hats off to you guys for that.

There were a few accidental killings and a few non accidental towards the end.  I think in fairness after 6hrs in each other’s company this is not bad going. It would be nice to eliminate them completely. And I do stress that revenge is not the answer.  In future meets I will introduce a fight club. A controlled opportunity to let of some steam and clear the air.

Thanks again to everyone and thanks for restoring my enthusiasm in hosting meets.

Also thanks to Jamie for streaming the whole event, lots of chat on twitch as people watched.

I like the interaction of twitch, and if streaming proves to be a popular like last night . I will considering having a category where twitch viewers can vote future meets.

The full real time video of this can be found

http://www.twitch.tv...stars/v/5110998

http://www.twitch.tv...stars/v/5113027

I also got plenty of video and will edit this and post in the next few days.

Now onto the pictures,  Enjoy!

Pictures:

Spoiler

• livejoker, outkast_ryder, Kato X91 and 1 other like this

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:38 AM Edited by stevedogg51, 17 May 2015 - 03:12 PM.

(Really ! after 8mths on the forum ive just found out  you can drag your pictures across from social club GRRRRRRR)

GUYS THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT CAME ALONG. SORRY I DID NOT HAVE CHANCE TO THANK YOU ALL IN THE LOBBY BEFORE I GOT BOOTED (CHANGED CREW MID GAME)

HOPE YOU ENJOY THE PICS AND VIDEOS TO COME :)  THANKS AGAIN.

Pictures  PART 2 :

Spoiler
  • livejoker, outkast_ryder and Kato X91 like this

s5hane
  • s5hane

Car Meet Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

10/10 would fall in the sea again :)

Spoiler
  • livejoker, outkast_ryder, steve dogg 51 and 1 other like this

outkast_ryder
  • outkast_ryder

GT: OutkastRyder

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:11 AM

*** SHORT FEEDBACK AS I HAVE TO HEAD OUT ASAP ***

Man it has been way too long since i have joined one of Steve's Off-Road Meets. It was a blast right from the start till the very end. So many laughs along the way. Man i am glad i did not miss this one out. A team event indeed but everyone worked together as a team helping other teams out of tough situations. The mini games at the beach was hilarious and i really hope we can do that one again. Thanks Steve for having me and hope to make the next one :) Gotta give a huge shoutout to my team mate Tick for being a cool team-mate and for keeping the lobby chat alive - and - even all the others (Magnum, Filipo,Jamie, yello,Crow, MT, Oaken, wanktash)  who also added to the fun filled Off-Road Meet. Until the next one guys! (wave)

Few pictures i clicked

0_0_zpshp6wxkki.jpg

0_0_zpsdtyfsrnq.jpg

0_0_zpsysbbkddh.jpg

0_0_zps5pp3jqec.jpg

0_0_zpsfrz3c3gj.jpg

0_0_zps88ldynkn.jpg

0_0_zpsvgjtd0ni.jpg

0_0_zps3zmyevx0.jpg

0_0_zpsfonzac04.jpg

0_0_zpszopyzhg5.jpg

0_0_zpsobgetmcf.jpg

0_0_zps70jcuwuz.jpg

0_0_zpshfmyxu55.jpg

0_0_zps5mvm0hdw.jpg

0_0_zpswfdssg2p.jpg

0_0_zpsdolt3axx.jpg

0_0_zpsn2ddty9q.jpg

0_0_zpslnzou4hs.jpg

0_0_zpsmk6twxdg.jpg

0_0_zpsdxnwvcai.jpg

0_0_zpsownavjsp.jpg

0_0_zps3wmok2ph.jpg

0_0_zpsjtkku2qx.jpg

0_0_zpsqnlhbbcp.jpg

0_0_zpsfk8zkl8u.jpg

0_0_zpsukver1jo.jpg

0_0_zpsnravlvkm.jpg

0_0_zps12qlsdcr.jpg

0_0_zpssucxafoe.jpg

• livejoker and steve dogg 51 like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:02 AM

Awesome meet, I should join these more often. Wasn't too fond of disconnecting three times but after that was settled, it was definitely some of the most fun I've had on GTAO in awhile. 

PYAw9i5.jpg

H13l7Cc.jpg

CkmB1Ti.jpg

E2KI0wE.jpg

2wsVCwS.jpg

7ITo5RL.jpg

u3xZl1P.jpg

UfrJxWm.jpg

9VZmbnf.jpg

wyt25nF.jpg

sNuCGmg.jpg

• livejoker and outkast_ryder like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:13 AM Edited by livejoker, 17 May 2015 - 07:34 AM.

0_0.jpg

I've got you back!

0_0.jpg

@Outkast: Amazing shots! The one where Shaggy is protecting the other Shaggy is hilarious! As for teams helping out other teams: totally right on that. It's heart-warming to see people, friends or strangers, help one another out. The group we had, each and every one of them, were great and I hope to see them all back for the next one.

@Fred: Sweet shots! You should totally join more meets, especially Steve meets if you've enjoyed this one.

*Feedback & pics up - I'll try to keep future feedback to a minimum as I'm typing these novels as of late. Again: great meet, Steve. Here's hoping you stick on the 360 for a bit more!*

• s5hane and outkast_ryder like this

jamiem52
  • jamiem52

*STAR*

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:07 AM Edited by jamiem52, 17 May 2015 - 10:08 AM.

this is the only time i use my 360 is for steves meets,

30 minutes before the start i fired old trusty up, i was still in the quarry in shorts from steves last meet .

i knew what our theme was but didn't no what colours steve had picked so it was a rush to the clothes shop and lsc.

a few people that i know and  a few new ones, but in general a great bunch of guys even though it was a team event every one helped out if people were getting stuck, driving them back to the road (cargo bob was no help to me as they dumped me in the water)

hope to see u all again soon

pictures

Spoiler

Spoiler

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:49 AM Edited by stevedogg51, 17 May 2015 - 03:13 PM.

10/10 would fall in the sea again :)

Spoiler

Lol .... If u had to sum up a 6hr meet in just one line :)

pictures and feedback updated

• Ph04nix likes this

Kato X91
  • Kato X91

When the sun goes down, the beast comes out

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:01 PM Edited by OakenSphinx91, 17 May 2015 - 11:07 PM.

Had a great time last night for sure Steve. Thanks for voting my truck (as much as i hate ford I had to put the chev logo on it). Good laughs and good paths. Was happy to see everyone do a little something for the team event. I didnt snap to many pictures as snapmatic was being a twat -.- but these are what i got. Thanks again everyone for a good night.

Spoiler

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:46 PM Edited by stevedogg51, 17 May 2015 - 04:30 PM.

Thanks guys here is a reply to some of your feedback and i have included my favorite picture from each of your posts.

TICK: thank you for the honest and constructive feedback. Always a great fun to read and a great help when reflecting on meets. Love the pictures and commentary hilarious as always :)

0_0.jpg

s5ane: thanks you for that epic one line reply lol. Great pictures

0_0.jpg

Outkast: Quality camera work (you will have to give me some tips on the filters) thanks for coming !

0_0_zpsn2ddty9q.jpg

D9fred; please come to more, glad you enjoyed your time and thanks for the pics

u3xZl1P.jpg

Jamie: thanks for streaming and capturing the action. Sorry i was such a useless team mate (me at the front u at the back) in future meets for your (and others) enjoyment i think its best the host is not part of a team.

c3XBhn3.jpg

oaken: some great shots of the teams at the start, thanks for embracing the team theme, as i know its not always your thing

0_0.jpg

• livejoker, outkast_ryder and Kato X91 like this

FilipposG
  • FilipposG

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:05 PM Edited by FilipposG, 17 May 2015 - 04:54 PM.

Wow that meet so much I have to say but I'll stick with some highlights, started 01:00 (my time) and I got off GTA at 07:00!! Trully epic and really liked the fact that me and Yello were up for the challenge with something not so good (Rebel) as the Sandking (although Yello betrayed me at some point, I had Crow who was a loyal supporter!). Should mention that Tick has a point, as well when you are in a line stick in the line, cauz otherwise it gets frustrating! Love the photos you did a good job guys! Many thanks to Magnum and his mate (forgot your name!) for their valuable contribution for helping poor Rebels go around LS!

I didn't take many pictures as I was sleepy as hell and really trying to make it with the Rebel!

Spoiler

It was a really enjoyable night overall, really had fun, I would love to do a rally around los santos event!

Cheers guys

@ Oaken this is how you do the spoiler thing

[ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ]

• livejoker, outkast_ryder, Kato X91 and 2 others like this

yello cactus
  • yello cactus

I like cactusus and I like the colour yellow

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:34 PM

Steve, thank you for another great meet. The 'Arounds' are definitely my favorite meets. I love how everyone helps each other out. Jamie gave me multiple nudges up various inclines as my Rebel struggled (first thing I did when I turned on the xbox today was to sell both of them!) and Magnum flying the Cargobob was a masterclass in helicopter handling. 

The photos are great :) I'll post mine later; probably tomorrow. Sorry i couldn't stay much past 0415am; but now i feel like a weak drop out after Filip staying until 7am!

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

Most incompetent team?! I'll f*cking take it! Ain't no one that shows up to an offroad meet in cars other than Team Rocket! Haha, our plan was short of mastermind! Jessie and James are to be feared! Team Rocket uses "confused on what the cars were to be used" - it's super effective!

@Steve: Glad that you've had second thoughts on doing your last meet. Yeah, the formula gets old quick so I'm glad you saw that people enjoy it when effort is put in. Hoping this eye-opener gives you the energy to come back with another meet with that Steve Standard we all know! You're splitting yourself with the 360 and X1 so it's understandable. Just remember that the 360 still has a bunch of members who enjoy your stuff.

@Jamie: Those are some amazing shots! Hoping to see more from you. :)

@Oaken: Great pics! As for the spoiler, do the following (minus the spaces). Flip also showed you how - what a sport!

[ spoiler ]
pics here
[/ spoiler ]

• outkast_ryder and Kato X91 like this

Kato X91
  • Kato X91

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:06 PM

Thanks guys. figured it out

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:18 PM Edited by stevedogg51, 18 May 2015 - 03:39 PM.

thanks jamie for this one

• outkast_ryder and Kato X91 like this

MTBB47
  • MTBB47

Peacemaker

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:26 AM

As per usual im a bit slow with the pics.

First of great meet and awesome time had by me. The dedication that went into the outfits and trucks was so dam good to see. People had gone all out trying to impress with their themes. Thanks to tick and outkast for choosing our trucks/theme for the Best Theme award when they were so close to taking out the award themselves. Thanks everyone for the kind words about Team TPI, I'd also like give credit/kudos to Krol for coming up with such an awesome theme/back story and making the emblem. Top idea mate.  I gota say though, I loved Team Scooby Doo, the colour’s the costumes were great.

There were so many highlights for me from this meet i cant remember them all. The Around the map is and will continue to be my favorite part of GTA online, its not the event, its the people that make it and id like to thank everyone who took part for making it another great event. 7 hours of awesomeness. The chatter, the banter the trucks, everything was just spot on. Shaggy’s clone showing up at the start was hilarious, to see it just twitching there on the floor after a few punch’s a shot to the foot from me and a shot to the chest from Jamie.

I made a big mistake on the beach and instead of pulling out my night stick so I could creep around as me and Krol were doing, I dropped a grenade right on Magnums bonnet, if it wasn’t for some quick thinking from him and reversing it could have the whole lobby blown up (as we were all parked in a line) so thanks magnum for saving my arse then. It still managed to kill somebody and blow up a truck so sorry I think it was Oaken? I think this is the part that Tick was mentioning in his post. Also all that cargo bob practice has paid off aye Magnum, I just wish I had of had the opportunity to buy one when they were around as they can be big time savers in the ALS meets.

I was determined to make it around with the one vehicle this time and well, within five minutes I was parked in the water. Other than that I think I had to replace my vehicle 2 other times, once at the “doom hole” where there was no surviving vehicles and once further round when I was trying to catch up to the group after deleting picks and parked in the river as tick illustrated above lol. I stuck to my TPI vehicle the whole meet and it did me very well. We chose the Sandking XL as we know what its like loosing vehicles and giving lifts and as we thought the 4 seats came in handy. I struggled with the surfing game and I think we came in last both times but it was a great laugh anyway.

Steve its great to hear that the meet renewed your interest in hosting. It would be too sad to see you “limit” yourself and to let go of the hosting, you are a great host and should definitely stay that way. On a side note, I loved the pic you took of the whole group before the run/swim race. That’s a awesome photo. It was really a shame bout the snapamatic giving us all problems, as you said steve, I lost a lot of cool photos due to this.

Speaking of photos, here’s what I got…

Team TPI

0_0.jpg

Team Rocket

0_0.jpg

Team Scooby

0_0.jpg

Team.... Rebel??

0_0.jpg

Team "No name" Magnum and Spunky Monkey

0_0.jpg

Everyone else lol

0_0.jpg

Hmmm 

0_0.jpg

Dont think anyone else had this on screen lol He was twitching round like a fish out of water

0_0.jpg

Up at the lighthouse (too many people in the photo)

0_0.jpg

Another of our TPI trucks, i loved this shot

0_0.jpg

The "doom hole" 

0_0.jpg

Circle of LOVE

0_0.jpg

Another very tricky section

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Scooby taking photos

0_0.jpg

The beach, "about halfway round", "nah nah about 50% of the way guys"

0_0.jpg

Team TPI wasnt looking as tidy anymore

0_0.jpg

Thank god for the carbo bob, Was needed at times.

0_0.jpg

Dubster trying not to get cut up by said Cargo Bob

0_0.jpg

Rush Hour

0_0.jpg

And back to the Start, not looking as fresh but we made it

0_0.jpg

• livejoker, outkast_ryder and steve dogg 51 like this

yello cactus
  • yello cactus

I like cactusus and I like the colour yellow

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:07 PM

• s5hane, outkast_ryder, Kato X91 and 2 others like this

jjeehh21
  • jjeehh21

GTA Car meet host-GTA enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

Damn. I could almost sit and cry here seeing what I missed ;)

Will hopefully make the next one! (Just depending on time)
  • MTBB47 likes this

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

Damn. I could almost sit and cry here seeing what I missed ;)

Will hopefully make the next one! (Just depending on time)

Hope you can next meet info will be up in about a week :)
Got a few things I'm working on.
  • jjeehh21 likes this

Kato X91
  • Kato X91

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:40 AM

Nice vid cactus. 2:25 perfect shot of my sandking grabbing some gravel ;) lol

outkast_ryder
  • outkast_ryder

GT: OutkastRyder

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:49 AM Edited by outkast_ryder, 19 May 2015 - 03:50 AM.

Outkast: Quality camera work (you will have to give me some tips on the filters) thanks for coming !

0_0_zpsn2ddty9q.jpg

Honestly Steve i kinda surprise myself when i click pictures at meets. It is just sheer luck that i somehow manage to get hold of a filter that looks good in a shot (IMO). It's not always the case but when it works, it "clicks" :lol:

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

Hey guys. Next xbox 360 meet will be a people's choice meet.

I will offer two themes. Just let me know which one you would like to do. The theme with the highest number of votes will be run. :)
  • livejoker and yello cactus like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users