Around Los Santos Off-Road Meets [Xbox 360]

2,132 replies to this topic
steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

GT: steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:19 AM

Please check the times for tonight's meet I have tried to consider all the people joining and convert to allow for clocks going back etc
But please check your own time to make sure

This post is going out at 11am gmt the meet starts in 12 hrs at 11pm gmt.

Some little tips for tonight's meet

Please remember to have money for insurance, there may be times when you can't call the mechanic due to the 3 mins delay, if there are off road vechiles about you can steel them just make sure you can call lester straight away and move away from the group. Or you can spend the 3 mins hitching a ride with someone else or taking some pics

I always like the variety of different trucks at the challenges but for this one I would strongly suggest a sandking in any form, it does not have to be highly moded (I find mine better with on a stage 1 engine, transmission, brakes and full armour) they have the highest clearance and they seem to last longer in deeper water, some of the suv's are poor and can be destroyed with half a tyre in the water (the Huntley for one) if anyone had found a better vechile for tackling water (Pegasus not included) please bring it along and prove me wrong. I have tested a few and not found one yet although I do recall a past meet were the bison was blasting through water with no problem (it did belong to a player called waterproof shark so maybe that had something to do with it)

Please consider the above points and remember there appears to be no definite set rules as to when your vechile gets destroyed in water having spent most of this week and last scouting the routes it appears quite random it appears quite random. Although I found when your tyres ain't touching the bottom you have about 5 seconds to get the nose above water. This can at times be frustrating .. But tonight just chill there's plenty of other things going on and it is all part of the challenge and what makes this one of the most difficult and rewarding yet !

Ph04nix
  • Ph04nix

Blargenflarg

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:23 PM Edited by IvI Ph03nix IvI, 06 November 2014 - 12:24 PM.

Hey, I appreciate the advice about the Sandking (really, you're being helpful and I shall say no word against the SK... just for tonight... :p) but I may have got and modded a new vehicle recently and would really love to give it a go tonight. Worst case scenario is that it fails miserably and I steal or quickly buy a Sandking (or use my Rebel, perhaps), but I'm pretty excited to try it out. It's nothing special by any means, I just love trying new ones!

Tonight will be a Sandking-dominated zone, and I swear wholeheartedly that no explosive shall touch thy cool brush of metal tonight.

• yello cactus and steve dogg 51 like this

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:50 PM

Thanks Phoenix, it just advice does not have to be followed :) and I'm open to any suggestions the first section should be ok.

It might be sandking dominated, but i promise not to sacrifice any sanchezs tonight.

Plus as a bonus for you there might be times when your sandking demolition skills are required to clear a path :)

Don't forget your swim wear, I'm clearing snapmatic now :)
  • yello cactus likes this

Ph04nix
  • Ph04nix

Blargenflarg

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:46 PM Edited by IvI Ph03nix IvI, 06 November 2014 - 02:46 PM.

Thanks Phoenix, it just advice does not have to be followed :) and I'm open to any suggestions the first section should be ok.

It might be sandking dominated, but i promise not to sacrifice any sanchezs tonight.

Plus as a bonus for you there might be times when your sandking demolition skills are required to clear a path :)

Don't forget your swim wear, I'm clearing snapmatic now :)

*laughs* Don't you worry, I'll be in my usual beach gear of a swimming costume and knee-high boots! :p I could go with a bikini but it's a little chilly and I like to try and dress with the weather! Which isn't sad at all. Not one bit.

You don't need suggestions, I in no way think that my car will be better than anyone else's... you know what it's like when you get a new vehicle, you wanna try it out straight away! If it fails spectacularly at least I would have tried my best, and that's all that matters!

I'll let my Sanchez know that there are no family members being obliterated tonight; she'll be relieved, I'm sure...

bigd7775
  • bigd7775

Chewbacca

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

I wouldn't rest to easy about the Sanchez sacrifice. I heard tales of a wild Sprunk Sanchez that might get set a blaze. As for the sandking I got that covered and planned on bringing her. Hopefully I have enough money for insurance on stand by($1million gta). Can not wait to see you all there.

• steve dogg 51 likes this

xRAx Cynister
  • xRAx Cynister

Mister Mayhem

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

Looks like I have to sit this one out, have an appointment I forgot about. Should be on a bit later, can catch up with you then if you're still on.

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:48 PM

Thanks Cynister,, will add LCS from the reserves and when your on later will send an invite across

Kato X91
  • Kato X91

When the sun goes down, the beast comes out

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:34 PM Edited by OakenSphinx91, 06 November 2014 - 07:35 PM.

Throw me on the reserves list. Pissing rain here today. Nothing else to do :p

Mic- Yes

Theme- Yes

EXP FuzionZ
  • EXP FuzionZ

Young Biker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:30 PM

Steve can i have an invite if someone doesnt join?

SempiternalxDrown
  • SempiternalxDrown

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:36 PM

Im so ready for tonight :)
  • CrabCrust and steve dogg 51 like this

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:47 PM

Hi guys and girls .... Could possibly be a few mins late starting tonight weather is getting bad here and my journey home is taking a little longer than expected.
  • xiDrFeelGoodix likes this

yello cactus
  • yello cactus

I like cactusus and I like the colour yellow

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:49 PM

I'm well Jel! Sounds like it should be totes-amaze-balls! :)

• steve dogg 51 and Ph04nix like this

Itzreality
  • Itzreality

A title.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:22 PM

Think of the weather as a pre-game steve.

xiDrFeelGoodix
  • xiDrFeelGoodix

Car Enthusiast/Photographer/Racer/Off-Roader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

Hi guys and girls .... Could possibly be a few mins late starting tonight weather is getting bad here and my journey home is taking a little longer than expected.

Keep it safe man, weather is a little sketchy here too.

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:57 PM

:) wet and windy finished ! Now time for wet and wild invites going out in five mins

Dannybrett6
  • Dannybrett6

Pro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:03 PM

u invite yet?

Freddy1Krueger
  • Freddy1Krueger

K2 Crew Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:45 AM

Here is a link to the Youtube paint guide https://www.youtube....vnBXheBk61mNhD2

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:56 AM Edited by stevedogg51, 07 November 2014 - 02:09 AM.

a trailer of whats going on tonight :)

WET & WILD

• Ph04nix likes this

EXP FuzionZ
  • EXP FuzionZ

Young Biker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

finished ??

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:00 AM Edited by stevedogg51, 07 November 2014 - 12:21 PM.

Hey guys it looks like the internet has failed, so this is via 3G on the mobile.

Rather than stressing trying to get back on at 3am I'm gonna call it a night :( sorry

We got about half way, so if everyone wants I will host " wet and wild part two " next week.

Hope you have had fun in part 1, can't wait to see everyone's photos and I will of course be posting photos and videos here !

Look forward to seeing you all in part 2, and I hope some of you continue in the lobby in my absence as it was a great group !

As usual any feedback is welcomed

• xiDrFeelGoodix likes this

bigd7775
  • bigd7775

Chewbacca

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:23 AM Edited by bigd7775, 07 November 2014 - 05:12 AM.

Great event tonight. Had a ton of fun. Started things out right in steve fashion by setting my Sanchez a blaze (sadly I got no pics of this hopefully someone did). It was a nice fire that warmed up the event for tonight that no Sanchez was going to be able to handle the feats in which we were to embark on. We first made our stop at the playboy mansion and got our swim on (again I have no pics). As the topless ladies sent us off on our grand adventure we had nothing but smiles (and happy endings I may add). We had no idea what hell Steve was going to put us through (This is why we all got happy endings because steve didn't want us to die virgins). There was many deaths in the group but notably the first to go was Phoenix in her patriot. I was lucky to be following behind when the patriot went out so I was able to push it down the water with my sandking so it could finish the first leg of the adventure by going over the water fall. Further along in the adventure there was many sandkings that were lost and a few other randoms(tips beer and pours some out for the sandkings). At one point when steve lost internet as well as Phoenix I pulled out my Sanchez for some photo opportunities(sadly I have no pics of this but someone else has them I swear). Also once Phoenix returned and we were waiting on our great leader I may or may not have made a sacrificial burn on our fearless leaders Sandking to raise up Phoenix's spirits(this I have pics of). All in all though it was a fantastic time and here are some pics of the many that were lost.

Spoiler

Check out my next post for the rest

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:29 AM Edited by stevedogg51, 07 November 2014 - 12:29 PM.

Here are some of the picks from  my snapmatic :) we unfortunately did not get round to the mini events or any voting so i'm going to present my winners of the night (my choice)

Snap Matic Pictures:

Spoiler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9uUj5ifLxKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Video Trailer for "WET & WILD"

bunkerbeast
  • bunkerbeast

GT: BunkerBeast4355

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:37 AM

Thanks SteveDog for planning and setting up this event. Glad I was able to be apart of it. Would love to attend the 2nd part of this event when you decide on a night. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

Ph04nix
  • Ph04nix

Blargenflarg

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:47 AM Edited by IvI Ph03nix IvI, 07 November 2014 - 03:49 AM.

Okay, my internet cut out but now it's back........ however my head is pounding so I'm not gonna try and get back in there.

Onto the feedback!

This has to have been, quite honestly (in my humble opinion), the best meet Steve has ever hosted! Challenging, entertaining, full of little nooks and crannies no one else would ever think of... brilliant, just brilliant. Also made fantastic, naturally, by the amazing group of guys who came and kicked ass - big props to the people I hadn't met before today, you were all awesome and it was so great to meet and off-road with you!

Other than the (many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many x 121,424,543,543) vehicle-replacement breaks (which are to be expected in a meet of such an advanced level) and the occasional widdle break, it flowed seamlessly from one challenge into the next, nudged dynamically along by the banter of the group, everyone of which seemed to click instantly. It was a largely Sandking-dominated scene, but for good reason! They all did brilliantly and I was extremely impressed. I was equally impressed by - and I feel he and it deserves a special mention - DrFeelGood's Mesa. I know how difficult that little munchkin can be climbing rocks and whatnot, and you just kicked ass in it. Well done, sir. Well done.

I admit, I tried every off-road vehicle I had (Patriot, Rebel, Mesa and finally the Injection, the latter of which of course beat every expectation I could have had and reminded me of why she is my favourite four-wheeled beastie) as well as an ambulance, a winnebago, Chainsoar's Liberator, a stolen Sandking (could only deal with the guilt of cheating on my Sanchez for about 30 seconds before I ditched it/blew it up), aaaaand a BJ (ahahahahahahahahahaha IMMATURITY IS THE WAY FORWARD) and whilst some of them did really well I have to say that it really was Sandking territory and they absolutely shone in the face of it all.

Let's not mention the fact that I destroyed about/over 25 vehicles during this meet. Or, y'know, let's. Because apparently I feel a little bit proud of that. ;)

Steve was on top form tonight - his patience always amazes me, his laid-back manner and cool head always in play even in sticky (not to mention wet - oh god, I'm going to hell regardless of the accuracy of that statement in its literal meaning) situations. He's an amazing off-roader and he's always got a bit of helpful advice to offer when you're struggling, no matter what vehicle you're in. Even in the moments where the meet slipped into a little tomfoolery he took it all in his stride, never letting it feel stilted or interrupted. That, my friends, is top-notch hosting and I really, really want to sing his praises as loudly as I can because he seriously deserves it. Well done, m'dear - you kicked ass today and I have LITERALLY no criticism to give, constructive or otherwise. Bit of a bugger about your connection, but that's unavoidable and in no way your fault. Mother Nature gets all of the blame there.

All in all, bloody brilliant meet. So great playing with you guys and Steve, can't wait for pt. 2. Bring it on!

ONTO THE PICS!

Spoiler

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!

• CrabCrust, bigd7775, steve dogg 51 and 1 other like this

Glesgatroops
  • Glesgatroops

Crackhead

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:54 AM

Cheers dogg was a great wet n wild meet tonight looking forward to part 2 next week 😀

bigd7775
  • bigd7775

Chewbacca

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:12 AM

Here is part 2 of my post.

Spoiler

Itzreality
  • Itzreality

A title.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:35 AM

1072lx1.jpg

33jpi6c.jpg

2rg13ef.jpg

wv50ut.jpg

99fll4.jpg

24xdpwm.jpg

f3g950.jpg

148n2qa.jpg

hu4tww.jpg

2e2kw2v.jpg

2vj8wux.jpg

nqnrxt.jpg

kb6p7m.jpg

1j0yrq.jpg]

25sqyxl.jpg

ay64oj.jpg

yello cactus
  • yello cactus

I like cactusus and I like the colour yellow

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:19 AM

Great photos and reports. Looked liked a fun meet.
:)

steve dogg 51
  • steve dogg 51

• Van Society
  • Wales

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for the feedback and the pics so far, I'm working on the videos today and will post the date for part 2 :)

I hope to have some voting in there and the mini games plus the relay race that never happend.

I have also updated my pics and added the short video trailer I did not have chance to post yesterday before the meet. enjoy and thank you all for a fun filled night

CrabCrust
  • CrabCrust

Ranger of the North

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

Wait......

.... just a little bit longer.....

..... I MISSED THIS!!!!!??????? STEVE WHY NO TEXT???? I FORGOT!!!!!!!! I could have come on for about 30 mins.

When I read Phoenix saying it's been the best my soul shot out of my colon :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users