Drift Car Discussion

131 replies to this topic
JesterOfGenocide
  • JesterOfGenocide

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

Several pages and half a year later people still only popping in to say "You can't drift in GTA"... Agree to disagree but no need for every other post to only say "You can't do that." It has been said MANY times in every drifting thread so you either aren't bothering to read the rest of the thread or simply trying to get into arguments. Either way, why bother just repeating the same thing over and over and denying any possible proof of existence in any form?

Courier
  • Courier

Drift King

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:48 PM Edited by Courier, 11 April 2015 - 04:56 PM.

This is a quick video of one of my favorite drifts

• AfroKloud likes this

Bxx
  • Bxx

👌👌👌👌

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:01 PM Edited by Bxx88, 11 April 2015 - 05:01 PM.

Several pages and half a year later people still only popping in to say "You can't drift in GTA"... Agree to disagree but no need for every other post to only say "You can't do that." It has been said MANY times in every drifting thread so you either aren't bothering to read the rest of the thread or simply trying to get into arguments. Either way, why bother just repeating the same thing over and over and denying any possible proof of existence in any form?

Powersliding is not drifting.

Holding your handbrake and "dragging" your car around a corner while you give it a bit of steering to prevent the car from going forward (not spinning out) is not drifting, you're just powersliding at your best hopes.

But does it really matter? I mean it's just a label, if you're having fun then go for it.

• 8up local and Bloodytears1666 like this

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

Holding your handbrake and "dragging" your car around a corner while you give it a bit of steering to prevent the car from going forward (not spinning out) is not drifting, you're just powersliding at your best hopes.

But does it really matter? I mean it's just a label, if you're having fun then go for it.

exactly, GTA drifting may not be actual drifting to some, but it is what it is and it is drifting in GTA. basics are kinda the same in that we use the steering wheel, brakes, e-brake and throttle to "drift" in GTA, last time i checked you still use those same things for "real drifting" also. personally i would not really consider it to be "drifting" as it is commonly known, but more powersliding and ass dragging, but like i said it is what it is and this the way for "drifting" in GTA.

Courier
  • Courier

Drift King

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

In the video i posted at no point do i hold the hand break its all throttle so i dont see how you say this is power sliding  

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:51 PM Edited by 8up local, 11 April 2015 - 05:53 PM.

In the video i posted at no point do i hold the hand break its all throttle so i dont see how you say this is power sliding  

well IMO there is a fine line between powersliding and drifting if you think about it. brake (normal braking or e-braking or some vehicles just lift off throttle) going into a corner to start the slide and then power out to continue the slide. that description is very basic, but in a basic sense it covers both powersliding and drifting. personally i powerslide, charge hard into the corner intiating with e-brake and then let it slide till the point i need to power over and continue through the corner with the throttle and drive off. the drifting where people are just sliding back and forth continually is just too boring for me.

Courier
  • Courier

Drift King

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

I agree with you, by that definition we can categorize many things as drifting which is not necesarily a bad thing. As long as you can get around a corner at an angle at full speed in a cool way i consider it drifting. No matter what you call it its still fun and takes a lot of skill an practice to pull of a good looking slide.  

maz9000
  • maz9000

maz9000

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

I agree with you, by that definition we can categorize many things as drifting which is not necesarily a bad thing. As long as you can get around a corner at an angle at full speed in a cool way i consider it drifting. No matter what you call it its still fun and takes a lot of skill an practice to pull of a good looking slide.  

I Use the futo or if I'm feeling adventurous my speedo

EMAGDN1M
  • EMAGDN1M

trust blocks creep

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

I understand where youre coming from, but in GTA, SOME cars can actually accelerate while drifting out of a turn, which to me is the truest form of drifting. if you can get sideways, drop a gear and spin those tires, while accelerating, youre definitely drifting. that is the hardest part in GTA. it is very hard to accelerate thru a drift instead of just slowing down. if you watch GTA wise guys video above, he accelerates out of a ton of his drifts with the banshee. thats why the banshee is so beast. we can basically only hope for not losing any speed in drifts in other cars. i would say theres only a handful that can accelerate, about 10 that can maintain speed thru a drift, the rest slow down, which in my eyes, would then be considered powersliding. 

EMAGDN1M
  • EMAGDN1M

trust blocks creep

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

RWD lowkeys newest video:

• Frito-Man likes this

TheRiverman
  • TheRiverman

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

These are some of my attempt :evilgrin:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

to powerslide :santa:

LazyLiquid
  • LazyLiquid

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by LazyLiquid, A week ago.

Sorry for bring this up after so many time, but i can´t find a official thread for Drift discussion around the "glitch" where you shoot all rims untill break the suspension twice and make some cars viable for drifting.

Schwartzer, Rapid GT, Faction, Mamba, Hotknife, 900R... Next week will come the 190z to the game, and i can´t wait to see if the glitch will work or not. The Vapid Hustler (released today) and the Viceris was the last too that can do some decent slides.

Its a rich topic because theres so much speculation and content about parts, tunning, proper wheels, slight physic changes, tracks, techniques and so on...

Some sample showing what is possible doing with "glitch".

https://www.youtube....h?v=F4Fe6NvuEX0

• Le biatch likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users