People watching

48 replies to this topic
cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Hustler

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

It's a bonus not being kicked out of session, while eating, as I don't want to lose the weapons I had from survival.

nanderson187
  • nanderson187

KOS-Kill On Sight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

I remember that stupid glitch where you would be placed out into freemode near whoever you were spectating on the tv either in the air or on the groung unable to move. If you were in the air you were invisible and invincible and could shoot certain weapons. If on the ground you were unable to move, could be seen, and killed which sucked. Forgot which patch it started in but that was when I stopped using my tv to spectate other players.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

Yeah man, I watch people. In fact, there have been times where my buddy and I would invite each other to our apartments and just watch people. Man, it'd be so crazy to see how people act. You see some crazy stuff!

1387085765_4121.gif

• NecroNeedle, garyfromscotland and TomKongPhooey like this

playerone95
  • playerone95

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

I do.

TomKongPhooey
  • TomKongPhooey

No 1 Superguy! (xbox)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:14 PM Edited by TomKongPhooey, 04 September 2014 - 05:17 PM.

@ judicious7's vid

that video/gif is mental. how did he walk away from that smash..   watching it again and again. Im stunned lol

• mkjah22, fw3 and Judicious 7 like this

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

@ judicious7's vid

that video/gif is mental. how did he walk away from that smash..   watching it again and again. Im stunned lol

eh, it's russian, of course he going to walk away.  :lol:

• TomKongPhooey likes this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

Sometiems if I'm waiting for a friend to join my lobby I'll flick the TV on and see what we will be up against.  Pre-1.16 I would check for tanks.  Now I check for jets and see how they fly to see if they're good or just a scrub with their landing gear out.

SubZeroWins
  • SubZeroWins

Finish Him

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

Does anyone else actually use their TV? is it a good/useful feature?, do you "people watch"

Yeah I like to use it when I set a mugger on someone :colgate:

GTAnger
  • GTAnger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

I like to watch other players while I roll a blunt, then I flick players to decide who I'm going to kill first.

therealprojectsupra
  • therealprojectsupra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:31 AM

Pfft TV's, I prefer to people watch like a normal psychopath, by stalking them all around the map from rooftops or behind corners in a van. For some reason people always think it's a threat.

I keep wishing for a hardcore/blips far/no tag mode so you can just walk around other players like a ped.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:33 AM Edited by Juzt, 05 September 2014 - 02:34 AM.

Not too sure how many, if anybody, uses the TV in their apartments (using flats is in itself another topic)

I sometimes like to flick the TV on, and watch how everyone else interacts with the GTA world and others.

Now I don't mean, stick the PS on and sit and watch it, but if I am playing Football Manger on the laptop, or doing something for work, housework (yes, us adults have to do it), then I like nothing better than laughing at what others get up to.

Does anyone else actually use their TV? is it a good/useful feature?, do you "people watch"

Everyone knows there is always that one new person who is hilarious to watch.

I got a T.V at home in real life why would I watch the GTAO 1?

Seems pretty stupid.

Channing Taintum
  • Channing Taintum

GTA Photographers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:19 AM

I use the tv for a few things.

Help crew members track enemies.

Find out whos wall breaching.

And although not lately, use it to find the modder, then watch what they do.

King Vercetti
  • King Vercetti

Leader of the Vice City Bosses

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:58 AM

I use the television as frequently as I'm in my apartment, which is not very often.

However, when some particular toolbag has been less than sporting in their style of gameplay, I'll go about my business for a while, and eventually go back to my apartment and find that particular toolbag on the television.

I enjoy watching him/her and the kind of behavior they exhibit while they don't realize someone is watching. 

Then, of course, that's when I send a mugger upon them if they're a regular toolbag, or mercenaries if they are a particularly persnickety toolbag.

And that, my friends, is when revenge is like warm Swedish fish! :)

lol, nothing like a mugger sent from your apartment that they'll never see coming. I've seen some interesting mugger moments while watching tv in my apartment!

garyfromscotland
  • garyfromscotland

Jock

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

As it turns out - quite a lot of people do  :lol:

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

Football Manger is the best manager game

EVER!!!!!

Agreed , think im in season 2034 now.

Ever try Football Manager Live ? Now that was fun too

never tried that, i got to season 2111 back on FM 2005 i holidayed it ALOT though haha

NecroNeedle
  • NecroNeedle

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

Yep, I spectate people sometimes. There can be some pretty hilarious stuff going on at times; I've seen shopkeepers blow players to pieces with a sawn-off shotgun, plenty of police chases (they're like "World's Wildest Police Videos" on steroids), and I also spectated a session that had about 8 players with Italian names as their gamertags, who were dressed in pinstripe suits and drove Roosevelts. It was funny because they were all going after a single guy who wasn't affiliated with them (who was whooping the "mobsters" pretty bad).

Edit: Would also like to add that it's a lot more interesting to spectate low level players; most high levels I spectate are usually driving around in their supers, griefing other players, all that boring stuff, but the low levels are always robbing stores, getting in police chases and doing more ambitious stuff. Much funner spectating them, especially if you give them a mugger or mercenary surprise

true about the low levels. 

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

Yo, Mr White!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:39 PM

I've only ever done this a few times, and that was a bit after Launch. I do it time to time, it can be fun watching people get in to Police Chases, and watching them crash into every lamppost and car going.

• NecroNeedle likes this

ElBarrioKing
  • ElBarrioKing

Pool Shark

• Members

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

I like to watch every now and then

Its entertaining to see people shoot it out with each other and the police

NecroNeedle
  • NecroNeedle

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

I've only ever done this a few times, and that was a bit after Launch. I do it time to time, it can be fun watching people get in to Police Chases, and watching them crash into every lamppost and car going.

lamp post thing is so true

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users