Photo

People watching

69 replies to this topic
garyfromscotland
  • garyfromscotland

Jock

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:47 AM Edited by garyfromscotland, 04 September 2014 - 08:48 AM.

Not too sure how many, if anybody, uses the TV in their apartments (using flats is in itself another topic)

I sometimes like to flick the TV on, and watch how everyone else interacts with the GTA world and others.

Now I don't mean, stick the PS on and sit and watch it, but if I am playing Football Manger on the laptop, or doing something for work, housework (yes, us adults have to do it), then I like nothing better than laughing at what others get up to.

Does anyone else actually use their TV? is it a good/useful feature?, do you "people watch"

Everyone knows there is always that one new person who is hilarious to watch.

• Chekoloco, ShinobiFixer, Stoakzee and 4 others like this

Jason1SA
  • Jason1SA

Player Hater

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

I have never done this as I am still new to the online gaming scene, but I'm pretty sure once I have settled down I will use the feature more often. Especially when someone really irritates me and I send muggers etc after them.

• garyfromscotland likes this

garyfromscotland
  • garyfromscotland

Jock

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

I have never done this as I am still new to the online gaming scene, but I'm pretty sure once I have settled down I will use the feature more often. Especially when someone really irritates me and I send muggers etc after them.

Good point, forgot about that. Sending random muggers / Mercs / Bounties on people and watching it play out.  :karmaeater:

• ShinobiFixer, TigerStyleLoungeAct, iBUCKEYE and 2 others like this

Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

If I have to put my controller down for a long period then yes I will happily spectate some silly individual, If I'm in a public lobby that is...These days I usually play in multiple crew sessions as 'friends' can now actually join the lobby on their own without needing a invite (only lobby type that allows this, for me)

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:58 AM

Good point, forgot about that. Sending random muggers / Mercs / Bounties on people and watching it play out.  :karmaeater:

Even better is watching then picking just the right time to send them..  Most good players will handle them without issue so you really just have to be doing it for laughs and not revenge. lol 

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Aeropress

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

Sometimes. If I see a god mode, I go to CCTV and record them in the act.

Otherwise, I like to watch high levels.

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Not much of an impression...

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:02 AM Edited by Kowai7108, 04 September 2014 - 09:02 AM.

I only use it when someone really wants me dead.I just spectate them on the tv while I get real world things done.

garyfromscotland
  • garyfromscotland

Jock

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

I only use it when someone really wants me dead.I just spectate them on the tv while I get real world things done.

Come back 10 mins later, and they are still standing outside the garage with a mini gun poised and sticky's placed making it look like Christmas. 

• saintsrow, craigdyid and lazyassedlover like this

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

I always use my TV to scout what the other players are up to. See them fighting most of the time in tanks, jets and gun fights. Occasionally the fights by the prison down by Sandy Shores and I got to say. It is great to use the TV to bait study. ;)

Butterfly57
  • Butterfly57

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

I watch the tv in the apartment quite a lot. Sometimes just out of amusement to see what everyone is up to. But other times to get an idea of what is going on in the world before venturing out.

It can give you a better idea than watching dots on the map sometimes.

Sometimes I'll use the tv if playing with friends. Such as if my friend is after someone else, I'll watch the person they are after and can give then a heads up on the targets whereabouts or whatever.

PromKing
  • PromKing

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

stops the game from kicking me out of lobbies if i stop to burn one

• Soran Is On, dead goon, NecroNeedle and 4 others like this

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:50 AM

I can tell what's happening from the mini map. Don't use the tv much at all. I did at first, but it got boring quick.

BaRe 2G
  • BaRe 2G

MUFC

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:51 AM

Not too sure how many, if anybody, uses the TV in their apartments (using flats is in itself another topic)

I sometimes like to flick the TV on, and watch how everyone else interacts with the GTA world and others.

Now I don't mean, stick the PS on and sit and watch it, but if I am playing Football Manger on the laptop, or doing something for work, housework (yes, us adults have to do it), then I like nothing better than laughing at what others get up to.

Does anyone else actually use their TV? is it a good/useful feature?, do you "people watch"

crngwrth.gif

• garyfromscotland, GR Choke and Gay Tony like this

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

Football Manger is the best manager game

EVER!!!!!
  • Lay and garyfromscotland like this

Chrunchip
  • Chrunchip

Homeboy

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

yeap for the same reasons like u do - especially the last one :) 

i play since the very first laggy days but u will still see some things u never have think of yourself :p 

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

Football Manger is the best manager game

EVER!!!!!

Agreed , think im in season 2034 now.

Ever try Football Manager Live ? Now that was fun too

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:56 PM Edited by mr toasterbutt, 04 September 2014 - 02:01 PM.

Being in your apartment and being able to access anyone, anywhere with CCTV throughout an entire city while sitting on your couch.

I'm I the only one who finds this concept a tad bit...... disturbing? This is basically Big Brother on a much larger scale.... in everybody's hands!

NecroNeedle
  • NecroNeedle

Wayward Son

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:10 PM

i used it for like the 2nd time yesterday, so strange what ppl do when they think there alone lol.

like this one guy i switched too, was in the middle of a crashed intersection near the dirt roads, put gasoline all along the car, and then lit it with a pistol bullet.

then he proceeded to fly up in his frogger, then BOOM! carnage!

i lol'd

stops the game from kicking me out of lobbies if i stop to burn one

i noticed this too, i never got kicked even if my controller wasnt touch for the 13 mins.

will use it more often when have to be away

psilocybonaut
  • psilocybonaut

Psychonaut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

Being in your apartment and being able to access anyone, anywhere with CCTV throughout an entire city while sitting on your couch.

I'm I the only one who finds this concept a tad bit...... disturbing? This is basically Big Brother on a much larger scale.... in everybody's hands!

Its a video game?
  • ~TKP~, GTA4131 and Romanotype like this

Skeever
  • Skeever

The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:13 PM Edited by WinkingSkeever6, 04 September 2014 - 02:24 PM.

Yep, I spectate people sometimes. There can be some pretty hilarious stuff going on at times; I've seen shopkeepers blow players to pieces with a sawn-off shotgun, plenty of police chases (they're like "World's Wildest Police Videos" on steroids), and I also spectated a session that had about 8 players with Italian names as their gamertags, who were dressed in pinstripe suits and drove Roosevelts. It was funny because they were all going after a single guy who wasn't affiliated with them (who was whooping the "mobsters" pretty bad).

Edit: Would also like to add that it's a lot more interesting to spectate low level players; most high levels I spectate are usually driving around in their supers, griefing other players, all that boring stuff, but the low levels are always robbing stores, getting in police chases and doing more ambitious stuff. Much funner spectating them, especially if you give them a mugger or mercenary surprise. ;)

• NecroNeedle, garyfromscotland and NikkoCharger like this

meatrocket8
  • meatrocket8

stompin' neck & cashin' checks!

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

I like to call the mugger on other players and watch via the tv in my garage.

Mr.SoapyLegs
  • Mr.SoapyLegs

Light em if you got it

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by RoadkillGumbo, 04 September 2014 - 02:27 PM.

I only spectate when I've got a bounty on me and want to know who's lurking around my apartment before I make a fast get-away to my bounty surviving spot. Then I'll get the names of the individuals and either send muggers or Merryweather goons after them. Then I'll place a bounty on the individual that insist on ringing my doorbell hoping I'll answer it which I never do. Sometimes when I'm bored or just tired of free roam, I'll check out what other players are doing on the TV.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

When we use to play (and had billions) my wife would sit and call mercs, put bounties, etc and watch it unfold on the TV. I have yet to use it.

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

Profile is Under Construction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

I got some of the best laughs from doing this. It's funny as hell when you see someone who fails horrible at griefing with the lazer and hits a building head on or someone who tries to sneak up on a AFK player then gets denied. My favorite is the police pursuits where the guy thinks hes safe and outta nowhere a cop spawns with a shotty or hits him at 100mph or something like that. These are the TRUE laugh out loud moments in this game.
  • 7csc, garyfromscotland and ~TKP~ like this

Blankerz
  • Blankerz

Chradder Killa

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:27 PM Edited by Blankerz, 04 September 2014 - 03:29 PM.

I will never forget the first time I was killed unfairly, 2nd night of release someone was ringing my doorbell, didn't want to invite the person inside as I thought maybe they could harm me or my property (by legitimate or illegitimate means) so I went outside, I am presented with an image of some moronic codpiece repeatedly swinging a baton at my front door to which of course I walk right into, kept making my character stumble with each blow so I could not retaliate lol. Actually the expression on Loc Dog over there <--- was similar to mine at the time.

• TigerStyleLoungeAct and garyfromscotland like this

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

I like to send mercs then sit back and enjoy the fun.
  • ShinobiFixer likes this

InYeezusWeTrust
  • InYeezusWeTrust

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

I do this whenever I'm eating or on the phone. I like to watch lower level players to see how they're getting around. Makes me go back to the time when I was that level and was trying to find my why.
  • ShinobiFixer likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

I used to, but all everyone does is run around like chickens with their heads cut off and killing each other non-stop or driving around like maniacs crashing into everything.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

I use the television as frequently as I'm in my apartment, which is not very often.

However, when some particular toolbag has been less than sporting in their style of gameplay, I'll go about my business for a while, and eventually go back to my apartment and find that particular toolbag on the television.

I enjoy watching him/her and the kind of behavior they exhibit while they don't realize someone is watching. 

Then, of course, that's when I send a mugger upon them if they're a regular toolbag, or mercenaries if they are a particularly persnickety toolbag.

And that, my friends, is when revenge is like warm Swedish fish! :)

• Blankerz and garyfromscotland like this

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

i always check the TV before leaving my garage to see what is going on in that lobby before setting off. also if i'm wanting to take a short break i use the TV to spectate. it can be entertaining and very useful actually. you can see people using tactics that you might not thought of, places that you didn't know or forgot about and there are times when it is pretty entertaining to see big multiplayer PvP battles go down. i'm sure there is some other stuff i missed, but there is more worth to it than a lot of people think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users