Mysterious Fake Cellphone Towers Are Intercepting Calls All Over The U

43 replies to this topic
Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

I once tried tapping someone's phone. Nothing really happened, didn't know the password. Almost accidentally called 911 though. Is there a pattern at which you should tap the phone or something?

• AlienTwo likes this

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

What's with all the spying? What is privacy?

Who could think of privacy in a time like this when there are potential terrorists walking the streets??

I swear I've seen this all before somewhere.. mass surveillance and spying, government torturing people in secret prisons, multiple wars, suspension of constitutional rights, paramilitary police breaking into peoples home at night and killing anything that moves..

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

Maybe if you climb them and activate the radio towers, you get free guns...
  • theadmiral likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:54 AM

Cincinnatti? ....... f*ck  :panic:

Winning001
  • Winning001

Dreams were so 'ard even his nightmares were scared of him

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

Damn crab people.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:39 AM

Why are people saying these are "made by criminals"? They are used and placed by the Federal Government.

My local law enforcement agency, Sacramento County Sheriffs Department recently released a press release on the one we have in our city stating that it is used for things like locating people such as kidnappers. Our Sheriff stated they were given to our county by the Federal Government.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:59 AM

Why are people saying these are "made by criminals"? They are used and placed by the Federal Government.

Federal Government officials are criminals... lol

• Mister Kay likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

Uh, governments have been intercepting mobile signals for the past decade or so, this isn't new. Why do you think criminals always say no cell phone calls in the movies?

In fact, you probably shouldn't be anywhere near a mobile phone if you're conducting your criminal business. The microphone in said mobile can be accessed even when the phone is off.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

My local law enforcement agency, Sacramento County Sheriffs Department recently released a press release on the one we have in our city stating that it is used for things like locating people such as kidnappers. Our Sheriff stated they were given to our county by the Federal Government.

Nothing given to local law enforcement from the Feds has ever blown up in our faces.  I trust the government. 

http://www.washingto...-in-the-senate/

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:56 PM

Exactly! We should sell everything on Wall Street. Private corporations are always more trustworthy than governments. Cheaper and more efficient too.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

Nothing given to local law enforcement from the Feds has ever blown up in our faces.  I trust the government. 

The equipment is given because it is needed. It is needed because scumbags DO shoot at police officers and police officers DO often die due to scumbag criminals. The equipment simply helps those officers stay safe so they can return to their families.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:23 AM

The equipment is given because it is needed. It is needed because scumbags DO shoot at police officers and police officers DO often die due to scumbag criminals. The equipment simply helps those officers stay safe so they can return to their families.

And with this equipment, police DO feel like they are no longer a part of the community and the DO feel like an occupying army and therefore they DO act like such.  Part of the deal on receiving those goods is that they must use them within one year, and then use them every year, or they have to give the fun toys back... so now a dude who sells a few bags of weed to his friends and neighbors gets a full blown SWAT operation busting down his door, killing his dog and traumatizing his family instead of a knock and a ride downtown.  

And we wonder why people seem to hate the cops - how couldn't you when you see them constantly hurting and killing your fellow citizens?

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:06 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 11 September 2014 - 02:07 AM.

And with this equipment, police DO feel like they are no longer a part of the community and the DO feel like an occupying army and therefore they DO act like such.  Part of the deal on receiving those goods is that they must use them within one year, and then use them every year, or they have to give the fun toys back... so now a dude who sells a few bags of weed to his friends and neighbors gets a full blown SWAT operation busting down his door, killing his dog and traumatizing his family instead of a knock and a ride downtown.  

And we wonder why people seem to hate the cops - how couldn't you when you see them constantly hurting and killing your fellow citizens?

I don't see them hurting and killing "fellow citizens". 

Where exactly have you seen police officers hurting and killing these "fellow citizens". Behind a screen, of course, right? Nearly every one of these cases in which a officer hurts or kills someone that someone is either a scumbag who would have killed or severely hurt the officer if they didn't defend themselves. A great example of this is Michael Brown. When this incident first occurred, everyone believed that the officer was a executor, a murderer, a overall horrible person because that's what the media said. They put cameras and microphones to a few of the biased witnesses who happened to be friends of Michael Brown and the media also did this with Brown's family. Luckily, the FACTS have come out and majority of the latest media reports are on the other witnesses that WEREN'T friends with Brown and back up the officers story of self defense which the officers wounds also comply with. Overall, this situation is a perfect example of the twisted picture we're getting of our police officers that put their lives on the line to protect everyone in this country, including those like you, whom are ungrateful for it. They take the risk of never seeing their family again yet they do it again and again even after people look at them so harshly.

You can't criticize police officers based on what you see through your little screen, what you are GIVEN to see. Go on a ride-along, do some volunteer work, simply have a quick chat with a local officer you might see if they're not busy. I'm in a few programs where I see first hand how great our officers do about every week through ride alongs and other work. I'm not speaking based on twisted and distorted things I see on the media, I'm speaking on things I see first hand and what I see is great men and women putting their life on the line for me and everyone else in this nation. 

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

Right... or get f*cking arrested for nothing, get personally bruised and bloodied because a neighbor mistakenly called the cops and they had to respond with force or watch a friend get beat down for the crime of talking back.  I need to go on no ride-along to see what happens, because it's happened to me.  In front of me.  Around me.

Regardless of that, to say "I don't see them hurting and killing "fellow citizens"" is just nuts.  You close your eyes and ears to the millions of stories about police abusing their authority, my Denver has had a number of deaths recorded on camera, some cell phones, some street surveillance, some internal prison cameras.  These deaths were at the hands of the police.  Yes, they put their lives on the line, but don't tell me.  Tell them. The amount of decisions made that result in the death of an innocent, or of someone who didn't need to die, based on the "safety of the officer involved" makes me think they forgot what they signed up for.  Firemen don't balk at running into a burning house to check for people because it's unsafe... neither should police.  I hate that I have such bad feelings towards cops, but every day I see things that reinforce that viewpoint, even when I seek something to make me respect them.  I have a son and believe me, when I talk about police around him it's nothing but praise... I want something to change so when he grows up, he'll never have to live in the kind of world I do, where every cop is an enemy and out to get me.

And I'm f*cking white.  What I experience isn't a thousandth of what someone of color goes through.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users