132 replies to this topic
IanE55
  • IanE55

Ironic Hipster.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:59 AM

It's pretty much the same.

Except you don't get 50 friend requests and the whole lobby following you and using the jerk off gesture.

PoisoNinja140_48
  • PoisoNinja140_48

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

I'm going to go ahead and guess that on your female character you talked through a mic, no?

I'm also guessing that while you played as your male character, you didn't use a mic, is that correct?

HipHopMagician
  • HipHopMagician

Some guy on Earth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

It sucks playing GTA Online either way.

• saintsrow likes this

Crisez
  • Crisez

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

Weird... Some of the girls in my friend list have a different experience. One of them invited me to her session some days ago and when I joined I saw she was the only person in that session. When I asked her why she said it was because she got tired of getting killed over and over. Another one told me she gets killed for existing. So I thought male and female players were treated the same way, and according to the kill feed in every public session I join, female characters/nicknames get killed a lot. But yeah, I guess creepy and lonely people will treat you like a princess, and normal people couldn't care less about killing a random xXGamerGurlXx "because lol"...

But playing as a male, it kinda sucks and a bit harder without all the attention.

Huh?

No, it doesn't suck at all playing as a male character. I receive a lot of friend requests too, and I accept like 20% of them (I only accept people I've spent some time with in public sessions doing random stuff or after doing a good run of missions, or some friends of friends) so I wouldn't care if I stop receiving them, I'm sure most of them are "can i have money pls" kids anyway. And as for the attention thing, I'm ok with that, this is not Facebook.

I like helping low level players with Simeon and Gerald missions. Male, female, I don't care...

Hmmm... Last time I played I helped a girl doing like 5 or 6 missions in a row. And a female friend got her apartment because of me (grinding missions like Rooftop Rumble and inviting her)...

Now that I think about it, it would suck if one of them were dumb enough to think I helped her because of being a girl...

karl2
  • karl2

kaaaarl!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

I am sorry, but op has left this thread long ago. stop posting!

livejoker
  • livejoker

Halloween is Pedo Day!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

Some threads keep going where OP is actually banned.

Opinions just don't stop when OP leaves. Opinions stop when sh*t gets locked.

• StormerBoy and gizmonomono like this

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

nobody stops for me and be kind to give me a cruise anymore

i stopped reading this bullsh*t right here.
  • StaticLW likes this

zQUEENz
  • zQUEENz

zQueen MsBz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:33 AM Edited by zQUEENz, 05 September 2014 - 11:36 AM.

Some threads keep going where OP is actually banned.

Opinions just don't stop when OP leaves. Opinions stop when sh*t gets locked.
Actually I'm still reading this.
I'm surprised this thread went on to 5 pages.

I'm still playing as my male characters, despite the difference.

While I don't get as much attention or targeted anymore, it's been honestly peaceful. I'm actually able to focus on myself to be a better player.

I'm sorry if this thread made some of you butt hurt, but it's the honest truth. Too many GTAO players give female players either special treatment or hate. (But mostly special attention that is more beneficial than male players, like ranking up).

Playing as my male characters I have not been getting randomly killed or followed anymore like I did on my female characters. I'm starting to like it now.

But, the whole point of this thread was to see if I wasn't the only experiencing or thinking about this on GTAO.

At the end of the day it's just a video game. I don't care if I get attention or not, so some of you, please stop stereotyping me as a attention whore. It's nothing more than an analysis that I noticed while playing both genders.

And in my opinion it's kinda unfair to male players but I got used to it after awhile.
  • livejoker, xoC18H21NO3xo and gizmonomono like this

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

I never noticed any difference. I'm a girl, and while I do get random messages from horny teens and add requests out of the blue, when I started I was greeted with bullets and sticky bombs. Now I return the favor by way of Heavy Sniper bullets at randoms from the tops of buildings.

Females, Males. Pretty much all the same...

• gizmonomono and StaticLW like this

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

The White Donald Glover

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:50 AM Edited by StaticLW, 05 September 2014 - 11:56 AM.

You could've easily made this thread and omitted your actual gender. It really has no bearing on the subject. That's why people are calling you an attention whore and to be honest, the females on this forum I know tend to agree with that assessment. 

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

MASTER OF MAYHEM

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

I tried playing as a woman, but I am too much man for that and I deleted her.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:08 PM Edited by gizmonomono, 05 September 2014 - 12:27 PM.

I tried playing as a woman, but I am too much man for that and I deleted her.

I tried it too, and i agree with OP.  I mean, people still shot me, but far less then when I was playing with my male character. Not to mention all the friend requests. Also, it depends on what you're wearing too. If you see a female character dressed in nothing but a bathing suit, it's probably a guy.

Kowai7108
  • Kowai7108

Never shoot at a gun on the floor,it might shoot back.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

Regardless of gender,our characters are just pixels in a game.So male or female (in real life or in game),I will still kill them.I do not pay special attention to people (except noisy squeakers though,they are carbine rifle magnets).
  • StaticLW likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users