Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are you a long time fan of GTA?

54 replies to this topic

Poll: Which was the first GTA game (or DLC) you ever bought? (121 member(s) have cast votes)

First GTA Game Bought

1. Grand Theft Auto (14 votes [11.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.57%

2. Grand Theft Auto: London (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Grand Theft Auto 2 (12 votes [9.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.92%

4. Grand Theft Auto III (31 votes [25.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.62%

5. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (22 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

6. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (25 votes [20.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.66%

7. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (4 votes [3.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

8. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (1 votes [0.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.83%

9. Grand Theft Auto IV (8 votes [6.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.61%

10. Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Grand Theft Auto V (4 votes [3.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote
drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

I've been in since GTA 1

• Left4TheUndead likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

Dang, my first GTA was SA. Then in 2008, started poking around GTA series, then downloaded III from torrent.

JeffersonCJ
  • JeffersonCJ

GTA San Andreas/IV/V Lover

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

I bought GTA III in 2002 and it starts from GTA III.

thehambone
  • thehambone

Forgive me for not being active lately; school is kicking my ass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

My brother bought me GTA III for my 9th birthday in 2004, because he knew how amazed I was by it after playing it at my cousin's house. I remember that prior to that I was hooked on Driver 2 for PS1 and I thought GTA III was a huge improvement over Driver 2.

Before my brother bought me GTA III, I found out that my friend had it, so both of us played it at his house almost every day after school.

I remember getting my first PS2 from my friend as well. His PS2 had some problems (ahh... the "disc read error" horrors) and would literally only play GTA III. He got a new PS2 (back when the Slim first came out) and gave me his old PS2. Days after that, my brother bought me GTA III. I remember going to the store with my brother and telling him that we couldn't buy the double pack (III & Vice City) because the PS2 would only play III.

I also remember I didn't have a memory card for the first, like, 3 weeks that I had the game, and the farthest I could ever get was to the mission "Cutting the Grass." I remember I did not understand how the "spookometer" was supposed to work, so I could never pass the mission. And every time I turned off my console, I had to re-beat the first part of the story. Lets just say I got very familiar with those first 15 or so missions.

My brother also bought me my first cheat book (which I still have, "PS2 Secret Codes 2004 Volume 2") (in the days of dial-up, cheat websites weren't an option I guess, or I just didn't know of their existence). I remember putting on the 3 irreversible cheats (pedestrians riot, pedestrians with guns, and pedestrians out to get you) and saving the game, because I didn't know any better. I was unable to complete the game because the cheats caused the Colombians to kill Maria in the last mission. The cheats also caused any dialogue in the final mission to sound sped up and garbled.

A few months after getting GTA III, the PS2 that my friend got me stopped playing GTA III. A few days later, my mom was nice enough to go buy me a PS2 Slim.

Since then, I have purchased the following GTAs:
-Vice City (PS2), June 2005
-Liberty City Stories (PS2), mid-late 2006
-Vice City Stories (PS2), late 2006
-San Andreas (PS2), May 2007
-IV + PS3, June 2008
-Episodes from Liberty City (PS3), April 2010
-V (PS3), September 2013

I must say, I am in love with Grand Theft Auto. No other game series has given me as much fun, replayability, and nostalgia (I know, there's that dreaded word again) as GTA.

After playing GTA all thoughout my childhood (now 10 years), GTA has not made me want to shoot up schools, steal cars, f*ck hookers, or work for the mob. Take that all you "violent video games make you insane" f*ckwits.
  • Ermac, Osho and Left4TheUndead like this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

First one I bought was GTA2

I don't remember if I played GTA or GTA2 first, but I played them roughly around the same time and it was right around when GTA2 released.  

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Kind of, I guess. Although I wouldn't really consider myself a long time fan because I barely played the first two of the series, before it switched to 3D.

My first was GTA III and that just sort of made me hooked on the series, it was such a fresh experience. A huge open-world for you to explore. It's so strange looking back it now, as the map seems so small, but that was huge for it's time. Whenever I play one of the older ones, I just get taken back to the moment I first played it.

That's the beauty of GTA, so much nostalgia and memories from the series.

• Osho likes this

Pfister Comet
  • Pfister Comet

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

Since San Andreas. My brother borrowed it from a friend and i loved it. Later bought the game myself and after that got every every other 3D GTA games.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:51 PM Edited by Vercetti42, 05 September 2014 - 02:52 PM.

Vice City when I was 6.

Maybe I'm nostalgic but that was and still is, an absolute masterpiece. All the fun I had as a kid came from only my imagination.

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:51 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 05 September 2014 - 02:52 PM.

For me, it was the first Grand Theft Auto on Playstation 1. I didn't really buy it, but it was with one of my relatives. I got the chance to buy GTA 2 and I remember playing the London expansion of GTA 1, too. Based on this, yes, I'm a long time fan.  :r*:

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

I have been a fan ever since I first played GTA III back in March of 2002. My uncle had the game and when I first played it, I was hooked on it. I've been a fan ever since.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Ride or die

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

The first GTA game that I played was GTA 2(I borrowed it from a friend)and the first GTA game that I owned was GTA VC.I also played GTA 3,SA,LCS,VCS and 5.From other games by Rockstar,I played Bully,The Warriors and Max Payne 1 and 2.I´m planning to get GTA 4,EFLC,RDR and LA Noire later.

Sawnek
  • Sawnek

"V has come to."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

The first GTA game I played was III and have been a fan of the series ever since.

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:21 AM

Vice City was my first...helped me deal with some life crap.

The game is still my favorite due to nostalgia I think. IV is a close second.

• Kalerney and Left4TheUndead like this

The Other Dude
  • The Other Dude

Don't you go disrespecting coconut water!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

Prior to buying a "copy" of GTA Sanandreas in 2005, I never knew what GTA was but I quickly became a fan. I used to play it on a laptop that was lent to a family member by his friend. I remember how difficult some of the missions were due to the laptop controls and I never actually beat the game because I got stuck at the flight school. Ever since then, I went and got all the 3D games since III. I tried the 2D games but I couldn't get into them.

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:19 PM Edited by LateNightNeons, 12 October 2014 - 07:20 PM.

It was '98 when I got a demo disc of GTA 1 from a video game magazine, because that was how demos worked back then before the internets. The theme and the freedom was unreal for me at that time. The demo had  a 10 minute timer and then it would reset. It was embarrassing how many hours I've spent replaying that same demo over and over again. 

I've been a loyal fan ever since, bought almost every game in the series day one.

johnstamosk2873
  • johnstamosk2873

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

Of course, started with the first one.

Thor Shreddington
  • Thor Shreddington

Commander, San Andreas State Troopers lawenforcementroleplay.com

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:06 AM

The first one I bought was GTA 2, still a personal favorite of mine.

Can't get tired of that intro either

This exactly.  I remember when I was like 14 and I had played the Original GTA at a friends house.  I was soooo psyched when they released GTA2!  I'd have a bunch of friends come over, we'd order Chinese, and stay up all night playing GTA2!  I remember being pissed that it didn't have motorcycles, LOL!  But I played GTA 2 probably more han any other game of my childhood except maybe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which came out he year before.  Just got a good swift kick right in the nostalgia!

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:12 AM

mine was 4 i got it the day it came out then i played the 3d era such amazing games

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:07 AM

GTA 2 is the game that started it all for me, while GTA III is the game, when I decided to become a fanboy of the GTA gaming.
Similarly, GTA VC and GTA SA are another awesome games that I still pick up and enjoy playing them without uninstalling them for months more often, than not.
These games have gifted the kind of fun, and freedom which inspired ( and still inspires ) me to play relentlessly like never before!
They bring back so many memories of sleepless nights, having good old fun, the addictive cartoony appearance, the simpler feel of it, the diverse and interesting things enjoyable in every conceivable way, the easier to see and memorize every location of the maps; more relaxing to get away from all sorts of realism as far as possible.
The game world helped a lot to give my brain something more unique to play, and good looks on display without getting tired of playing the game for a bit.
Its not ugly, or feels outdated, but gives more sense of wonder, without densely detailed, rather more appealing on design, and the strong illusion, that brings me closer to the "fictional" world of video games, different from the outside world.
On the other hand, when it comes to HD games, esp., the game world; they display a strong sense of immersion that should draw one easily to the intricate details, lively world, and gorgeous graphics high on atmosphere.
But, their attempt to try to look and be so realistic, with details based off of any real city; to the point of being so accurate and exact replicas of their real life counterparts.
Something that doesn't help in maintaining my interest for so long, since the initial wow factor of such a lively world wears off pretty quickly, unlike the convenient and less tiring, unrealistic nature of the maps seen in old games.
Moreover, the HD games are severely lacking in the fun factor too, despite the fact they are called GTA games; still they don't feel the same anymore, that got me started playing the series, and what made me really a fan.
HD games may be fun, in their own ways, but, I can't truly enjoy them with the kind of choices they present in the name of GTA!
Things that I always believed to get into a game like GTA and start enjoying them.
I'm a huge fan of GTA 2 and 3D games, because of being able to do many things, yet alone, no useless realism, and mundane activities' thrown in the name of immersion nowadays.
  • thehambone and The Other Dude like this

Achlys
  • Achlys

You're Dying to Be With Me

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:37 AM

First one I played was San Andreas for PS2 back in 2005. So i've been a fan for almost a decade...

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

The first GTA game I played was GTA San Andreas, followed by Vice City. My dad had purchased both for the PS2. Those games made my childhood amazing.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:00 AM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 18 October 2014 - 07:18 PM.

I've been a fan and player since 2003, so it means 11 years of playing (goddamn! How did these years pass).
The first GTA game I ever played was Vice City. However, before actually playing any GTA games, I had seen GTA2 in a friend's PC. Also, 5 months after buying Vice City, I bought GTA III. The next year I bought the San Andreas, which was a masterpiece; No game could beat SA in terms of nostalgia for me.
I've played All GTA Games made at least 5 times and have completed all of them except London Expansions, which aren't really interesting nowadays.
Also, GTA has been the franchise which I've played more than any other videogame, and having that said, San Andreas has been the most amazing game for me.

marmoo
  • marmoo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

GTA 1 on PS1

Those were the days :)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

I've been a fan since III. Granted it isn't as long as I or II but hell, at least it's been around longer than that train wreck of online.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

Started when VC was very new. Became and instant favourite, then I heard of III and tried it and loved it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users