invite only lifestyle

95 replies to this topic
N_Thomas74
  • N_Thomas74

Oh Yeah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:29 PM

With all the God moders , wall breachers, lazer jet patrolers, squeakers, and that big blue dumpster in my garage, i started playing invite only a month our so ago. It's great! if i get put into a public lobby i usually leave before i get annoyed by someone.

Now I'm wondering if there are other players that are primarily in invite only/ crew sessions too.
  • The_Herb and elondon like this

D.A.
  • D.A.

METAL GEAR?!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:32 PM

There are,but there's no need to be invite only. The chances of running into a God modder are low,they patched the dumpster in the garage a long time ago,Lazer pilots don't know how to actually fly the Lazers and wall breachers aren't even a thing anymore...

• saintsrow, GroundZero, meatrocket8 and 4 others like this

TWOGUN
  • TWOGUN

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

That's a sad life style right there. Talk about desolate . Like George Carlin said "be a man , take a fu*king chance.."
Yeah if you repeatedly get killed by a wall breached there's something wrong with you.
  • customkingpimp, meatrocket8, Soran Is On and 1 other like this

TheBaronOfHell
  • TheBaronOfHell

The Debonair Demon

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:46 PM

I don't know how people stand being in invite only sessions. Sure these things are somewhat of a problem, but they're nowhere near as common as they were. Nothing to lock yourself away from the rest of the GTA player base for. Must be pretty lonesome.

tumblr_ljvjooVBfd1qegckf.gif

• GroundZero, D.A., Ezza. and 3 others like this

godziller
  • godziller

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:49 PM

I go to invite sessions sometimes...mostly to go exploring by myself and work on stunts and flying. It's like practice for a public lobby. But i love being in crazy chaotic free roam sessions where everybody is killing everybody...god moders and wall breaches don't bother me because they can be avoided.

LPPrince
  • LPPrince

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:50 PM

I have consistently played in just about nothing but invite only lobbies for the better part of a year.

• PatG, JuZ 75, matajuegos01 and 3 others like this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:50 PM

Yeah I've been chilling in invite-only lobbies since day 1, every now and then I do join a public session but only because after completing a job it would kick me back there.

Even my crew plays invite-only most of the time to do little events together.

• N_Thomas74 and Skeever like this

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

I played public lobbies for a couple months but ultimately I was always disappointed with the interactions I had with typical randoms so switched back to IO recently and am loving GTA V again.

I'd be okay with the gun fights or high speed chases in public but that never happens. Snipers to the back, sticky bombing cars while in shops, and Lazers spawn killing are all I seem to run into.

I keep hoping R* will wake up and give us friendly lobbies as I would enjoy interacting with like minded players but I have a feeling it will never happen.
  • saintsrow, xoC18H21NO3xo, JayDM420 and 4 others like this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

I personally prefer invite lobbies over public ones. The only time I go to public lobbies is when none of my crew/friends are online, get into a bit of PvP battles which lasts for a while then leave out of anger cause I was getting owned :angry:..... I rarely encounter the stuff you said except for a few tank griefers here and there.
  • dead goon, N_Thomas74 and Skeever like this

N_Thomas74
  • N_Thomas74

Oh Yeah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:56 PM

That's a sad life style right there. Talk about desolate . Like George Carlin said "be a man , take a fu*king chance.."
Yeah if you repeatedly get killed by a wall breached there's something wrong with you.

It's not desolate, I'm with my crew and friends. If i want a reasonable fair fight i start up a DM. Take a chance on what? Being annoyed?
  • ten-a-penny, The Ost and dairyworker like this

TWOGUN
  • TWOGUN

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

What's the point of playing online if you are not going to play with others ? Play story mode and have a better experience !!

It's like getting COD and running around a map by yourself..

N_Thomas74
  • N_Thomas74

Oh Yeah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:02 PM

I personally prefer invite lobbies over public ones. The only time I go to public lobbies is when none of my crew/friends are online, get into a bit of PvP battles which lasts for a while then leave out of anger cause I was getting owned :angry:..... I rarely encounter the stuff you said except for a few tank griefers here and there.

I play way too much, level 395 almost 100 days of game play :p I've run into everything, mod menus, invincible zentornos, etc.

rāngė
  • rāngė

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

When the freeze started 1.13 or 1.12 i could not play in Public lobbies.

Just started to again and it`s well...................different

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Can't remember the last invite only session I was in. I enjoy the unpredictability of GTAO, although contrary to most of what I read on here I don't get much hassle in FR. Don't know if it's cause I'm a white dot and mostly I'm in lobbies with other white dots, but I find the majority of other players fine.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

What's the point of playing online if you are not going to play with others ? Play story mode and have a better experience !!

If SP had the same sh*t than Online does I'd agree.

• ten-a-penny and Cornbat like this

NotoriousJDP
  • NotoriousJDP

Love many, trust few.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

I feel sorry for you invite only people.  Some of the best times I've had in GTAO were totally random encounters.  Y'all don't know what you're missing.  

• Vanilla Poison, godziller, vozi45 and 1 other like this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

I feel sorry for you invite only people.  Some of the best times I've had in GTAO were totally random encounters.  Y'all don't know what you're missing.

This.

As bad as god moders, jet griefers, and all that are, they are rarely encountered... at least in my experiences.

Spending all your time in invite only in gta: ONLINE is kinda pointless IMO.

TWOGUN
  • TWOGUN

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

If SP had the same sh*t than Online does I'd agree.
I read what you said but I don't know what you are trying to say .

Average white guy
  • Average white guy

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:44 PM

An invite only lobby can become boring very quickly.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

there are only 2 times i step into a invite only session...

1-when glitching

2-when testing new cars

i enjoy open freeroam too much to segregate myself to a pussyfied environment like the invite only session.

TakeTwoVII
  • TakeTwoVII

IAA Operative

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:50 PM

Must be boring playing by yourself, my heart goes out to you.

N_Thomas74
  • N_Thomas74

Oh Yeah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:18 PM

Must be boring playing by yourself, my heart goes out to you.

I'm usually with 3 or more people. It's not boring or lonely, just no trolls.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

The last public lobby I was in had a twanker up in Sandy Shores. I thought R* gave tanks a massive nerf.

N_Thomas74
  • N_Thomas74

Oh Yeah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

The last public lobby I was in had a twanker up in Sandy Shores. I thought R* gave tanks a massive nerf.

Yeah they did, but after you kill a twanker they usually go into passive mode or they leave. More annoying behavior.

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:36 PM

i play invite/friends or crew only 99% of the time, and i am almost never alone. why the assumption of being alone, i usually have anywhere from 3 to 16 people in my games and we do all sorts of sh*t

• N_Thomas74 likes this

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

No

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:46 PM

The only time you see me in a public server is when the game f*cks up and puts me there after trying to join a job.

The gameplay is smoother in invite only. No lag and best of all, no random idiots.

• dead goon, HBSanta, manicmechanic71 and 4 others like this

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:48 PM

Why not just play single player?

Relative007
  • Relative007

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:50 PM

I mainly play Invite Only as I keep dropping from players in Public Sessions which gets annoying fast...also it loads into GTA Online faster and when you back out of Missions you basically drop straight from the clouds and have significantly reduced load times. 

• Euphorica likes this

Skeever
  • Skeever

The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:01 AM Edited by WinkingSkeever6, 04 September 2014 - 12:03 AM.

Yep, Invite-Only sessions are great. What introduced me to them was the sh*tstorm that was the launch of GTA Online; I read a tip online saying that solo sessions worked with minimal problems, and they did. I didn't really bother with public lobbies even after Rockstar got their cloud servers straightened out in November, got too attached to solo sessions.

Kinda wish that there was no problems at launch; would've been fun to play week one of GTA Online with other randoms, when there wasn't any of that Sticky Bomb spamming and Supercar crap, since everyone was just a newbie and learning the ropes.

Edit: Also what Euphorica said about there literally being little to no lag in Invite-Only Sessions. That's always nice.

• dead goon likes this

LPPrince
  • LPPrince

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:14 AM Edited by LPPrince, 04 September 2014 - 12:15 AM.

Why not just play single player?

In my case, its because the character I created in GTAO feels like "my" character, in that I created her, rather than Rockstar creating Trevor, Michael, and Franklin.

I can play the game like an RPG in a sense, coming up with a character backstory, traits, quirks, etc etc

Gives me a freedom the SP doesn't offer. I know who Trevor is, I know who Michael is, I know who Franklin is, but in GTAO I can decide who my character is.

So thats what I get out of it, anyway. I play it sort of like a TES game is played;open world and with the freedom to create whomever and do whatever.

• saintsrow, blackindia, dead goon and 8 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users