Acquire Targets: Doesn't work!

38 replies to this topic
CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

Acquire Targets is the most stupid f*cking job in the whole game.

What has the potential to be brilliant, is completely flawed. Basically, who ever gets the flag first wins. The way it works now is that all you have to do is catch the flag and hold it for 2 minutes, then you have won the whole f*cking game.

How it should work is: Once you have held the flag for the full 20 seconds, the flag then re-spawns somewhere else for anyone to grab.

It's as if R* haven't even tested it before releasing it!?

Edit: So whoever gets the flag, just flies for the edge of the map straight way, and being as we are all in the same jet, all going the same speed, no one can catch him.

Bullets move faster than the jets and they explode. Just don't lose your target. That's what the radar is for. And don't rely on homing missiles.

The bullets have the range of an ostriches neck, so good luck getting close enough when the dude is flying the same speed as you.
  • StormerBoy likes this

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

It is pretty awful. The first two times I played it, with crew members and friends, we all had fun. Then, however, we came to the realization that all you had to do after grabbing the target is fly up, reach maximum altitude, and then maintain maximum altitude as you change your pitch from vertical to horizontal and run as far away from the enemy dots as you possibly can. Seriously, it is terrible.

That Air Force-Zero crap is even worse. It seems to be impossible to win any one of those as the defending team. The only way I could see the defenders winning is if in a lobby with an even amount of players (let us say eight), there are four guys who are really good, and four guys who have no idea what they were doing. If every single good player happened to be placed on the defending team, while the guys on the attacking team are the types who haven't even figured out the cannon yet. Then, it is doable. 

Oh, and even worse, the playlist captures. On the original playlist that came out with the Flightschool update, there are two teams, and both teams spawn on foot. One team spawns in the airport, the other at Ft. Zancudo. The goal is to bring a Besra from your own base, and deliver it to the enemy base. So, Airport team must deliver to Zancudo while Zancudo team must deliver to airport. The critical, inexcusable flaw in the map is that each team has a limited number of Lazers, just chilling at their base.

The only time I played this capture was in the Event playlist, and it was against randoms. Those poor, poor randoms. I won the initial battle against whichever players on the other team were clever enough to get a Lazer rather than going right for the Besra, flew over to their base, destroyed all of their Lazers, and Spawn Killed them for basically the entire 15 minutes the capture lasted, never dying once. It was so broken, and I felt really bad, but ultimately, the responsibility falls on Rockstar. How does a multi-billion dollar game studio manage to create a jet capture that is of significantly lower quality than even the worst user created jet capture I had ever played before. 

Also, on the most recent flightschool playlist, they added another capture with another inexcusable flaw. I felt as though perhaps maybe they realized that having a limited number of Lazers transforms the capture into a race to determine which team gets to spawn kill the other for the remainder of the map. So in this one, both teams respawn in Lazers. Capture vehicles are miljets (only one miljet spawns per team at one time), and both teams must deliver the miljet from their respective bases to the Airport, with the drop off locations almost directly adjacent to one another. It all sounds fine, until you realize that one team spawns at Ft. Zancudo, while the other spawns at Senora Airstrip. 

I mean... what... the ... f*ck. 10 year old kids know that the first rule of jet captures is that you try to balance the map so that both teams are as close to an equal distance away from the objectives as possible. In this capture, the Senora Airstrip team is at least 1 1/2 miles closer to the drop off location. This tells me that when Rockstar releases these jobs, they literally put zero thought into it at all. They don't test it, they don't think about it. I seriously doubt these guys play their own game sometimes. If they had even picked up GTA Online once since the game came out, they would have known better. 

Anyways, sorry for the rant, but the fact that Rockstar actually released these piles of sh*t upsets me, because it reminds me how little they actually care for the quality of their own game anymore. 

• StormerBoy, LuapYllier and A Maned Wolf like this

MadeBrazen
  • MadeBrazen

Valiantly Hearty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:08 PM Edited by Bandalamente, 04 September 2014 - 12:10 PM.

Why are you granting that premise but dismissing the premise that, as time goes by, everyone should realise that the aim is to gang up on the one who holds the flag?

What? Oh wait I get it now. 

Still don't think it will help pal, a successful scarper is much more likely than a successful gangbang.

Also, saying that I am not sure GTA players can control themselves to coordinate with someone who is not the same colour on their minimap.

I was so happy to see this introduced and will definitely take up most opportunities to play in its present form but if they do the respawning flag once a point is scored I think this will make it so much better. It would open the game mode right up, drawing it out too - a two minute non-occurrence game would be impossible.

Yet to hear a valid reason why its not a good idea by the way. 

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

Acquire Targets is the most stupid f*cking job in the whole game.

What has the potential to be brilliant, is completely flawed. Basically, who ever gets the flag first wins. The way it works now is that all you have to do is catch the flag and hold it for 2 minutes, then you have won the whole f*cking game.

How it should work is: Once you have held the flag for the full 20 seconds, the flag then re-spawns somewhere else for anyone to grab.

It's as if R* haven't even tested it before releasing it!?

Edit: So whoever gets the flag, just flies for the edge of the map straight way, and being as we are all in the same jet, all going the same speed, no one can catch him.

Bullets move faster than the jets and they explode. Just don't lose your target. That's what the radar is for. And don't rely on homing missiles.

The bullets have the range of an ostriches neck, so good luck getting close enough when the dude is flying the same speed as you.

Bullets work just fine, and catching up to the target is easy when you know how

• LuCkySabeR likes this

CarnageRacing00
  • CarnageRacing00

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

I agree, not a good game mode. Get the flag and keep doing loops. The other jets will have to fly away, then turn around and fly back to get a shot on you, and by then the flag holder has several points.

It just doesn't work.
  • StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

I'm here to inform you O.P that you just suck at jet missions. If you allow yourself to be put in the position where you're chasing the guy with the target from too far away then maybe it isn't the mission but the person complaining about it.

OP is just jealous because he can't shoot for sh-t or capture a flag.

I am mostly the first one to capture the flag and hold it. But, I get shot down when I get the third point. I'm not even mad though, it's just a game.

I'd quite happily admit it, if I were a sh*t pilot, but I'm actually pretty good. Further more I win Acquire Target, most times I play. So what you are both saying simply isn't true.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:32 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 04 September 2014 - 08:34 PM.

Was playing with 5 guys last night, they voted for "Aquire Targets III".

I grabbed the target, flew up, they waited two minutes and I won 5-0-0-0.

Am I skilled pilot? No, I just know how to fly up and get off their radar and they can't catch me by the time they realize what's going on.

Game mode is flawed, best pilot should win not just the guy who flies straight up. It might be different with better players, but the average person I've encountered doesn't know how to deal with it so I always win the damn thing now (I'm not going to lose on purpose). Only exception might  be if someone I was playing knew that trick, and bet me to the target.

• StormerBoy likes this

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:14 PM

Was playing with 5 guys last night, they voted for "Aquire Targets III".

I grabbed the target, flew up, they waited two minutes and I won 5-0-0-0.

Am I skilled pilot? No, I just know how to fly up and get off their radar and they can't catch me by the time they realize what's going on.

Game mode is flawed, best pilot should win not just the guy who flies straight up. It might be different with better players, but the average person I've encountered doesn't know how to deal with it so I always win the damn thing now (I'm not going to lose on purpose). Only exception might  be if someone I was playing knew that trick, and bet me to the target.

Also people don't realize your dot has an arrow in it telling you where others are ie. up or down from your location.

• LuCkySabeR likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:24 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 04 September 2014 - 09:24 PM.

Also people don't realize your dot has an arrow in it telling you where others are ie. up or down from your location.

And even if they do, by the time they realize, I'm long gone.

On the bright side I did get to enjoy the stars for 1m30s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users